Nice Hair Salons In Toronto

Guest simpli_me

i know you must have all read this already but GOA is AMAZING!

Goa hair salon located:

christie & yonge (downtown toronto)

- get out of the subway, turn the corner towards bloor (baskinrobins right at the corner)

- GoA is located like 5-6 stores away & you have to walk down these stairs to get there

Experience:

- SO GOOD! i dyed, highlighted, cut & styled my hair there!

- it's amazing, if you ask for Hannah *she speaks fluent english

- Hannah, she gives you suggestions on your haircut based on the shape of your face and tells you what would work and what wouldn't work

- she would always suggest how you would maintain your hair or style it again etc.

- there's another girl that's also good but i didn't know her name (she speaks a bit of english)

- i brought my guy friends there (the guy stylist didn't cut his hair or style it that nicely =(

Recommendation:

- hannah for stylist / cut / dye

- this other girl (she is short but has shoulder length hair and usually permed)

cost:

$15 for guys cut & wash & styled

$25 for girls cut & wash & dyed

$80 for hair treatment (like hot oil treatment)

$90+ for highlight, dying, cutting, styling

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chii-Chan

cheyah.

I've went to GoA 2 times, had it cut by the same guy. (Tall guy, glasses)

He does a great job at cutting/trimming. He makes sure that he does what you want.

BUT when he was styling my hair, it was awful. I have a round face, he straightened my hair and made it look very flat.. which made my face look chubbier than normal. <_<

I usually just go home and rewash my hair.. lol.

Anyone know if Hannah is back in? And if I need to make an appointment to have my hair cut by her?

Guest bebe.dolly

cheyah.

I've went to GoA 2 times, had it cut by the same guy. (Tall guy, glasses)

He does a great job at cutting/trimming. He makes sure that he does what you want.

BUT when he was styling my hair, it was awful. I have a round face, he straightened my hair and made it look very flat.. which made my face look chubbier than normal. <_<

I usually just go home and rewash my hair.. lol.

Anyone know if Hannah is back in? And if I need to make an appointment to have my hair cut by her?

Hannah is not back in yet. You have to make an appointment to cut your hair by her! I have an appointment with her this Saturday! :D

Guest Honey_Babee

Hannah is not back in yet. You have to make an appointment to cut your hair by her! I have an appointment with her this Saturday! :D

damn, she sound popular. mm i think im gonna go to. how much is just cut and style>??

i was as seefu, and i paid $40. defnitely not going back. :blink:

Guest bebe.dolly

damn, she sound popular. mm i think im gonna go to. how much is just cut and style>??

i was as seefu, and i paid $40. defnitely not going back. :blink:

Umm I think it is $25 for just cut and style, I'm not sure. x]

Guest Chii-Chan

Yep, it's $25 for cut and style.

Anyway bebe.dolly, did you have to call Hannah's cell # to get an appointment?

I called GoA a while back and asked if Hannah was in, and the lady told me to call Hannah's cell, which she provided.

I was sorta hesitant to call.. since I didn't know if her cell was for business or personal use... I didn't want to bother her. hahah.

:D

I went to Maya (at Bloor) and I was truly disappointed.

After debating whether to go Maya or Goa, I went to Maya :\

So, I got there and they gave me a book to choose styles.

The lady there was nice enough but her hair washing technique is horrible.

I've had a lot better ones, i.e. Chin Generation or ones my boyfriend gives (he works at a salon).

Than the guy that cut it was Korean, mm he was really nice

and all but like his English was just okay.

So overall I really wasn't satisfied with my hair, he cut it way too short

but he was nice enough. For girls haircut/wash it was 25$ (+tip).

I don't think I'd go there again, I would probably try Goa instead -____-;

Guest Chii-Chan

Has anyone ever gotten a digital perm @ GoA 's?

any reviews!? ;D

oh wow def want to try GOA now do they do digital perms? :o

Yep, GoA charges around $120-180 for digital perms. Depending on how long your hair is. (That's what my friend told me.)

I'd recommend Hannah to do the digital perm for you.

My friends sister did it there last year (by Hannah) and her hair turned out magnificent.

Her curls were like... large loose ringlets. All I can say to describe it is that.. it looked classy and very sexy at the same time. haha.

I tried replicating those curls at home with my flat iron and curling iron... but i phailed miserably each time.

But yea, I used to have pictures of her hair.. but I can't find them anymore >_>

If you wanna do it at GoA, ask for Hannah and nobody else!

Guest TeaJunior

From all the raving reviews, it looks like Hannah from Goa is the person to go to. I have curly hair and I've always been a little scared to get my haircut at Asian hair salons because I don't know if they are experienced in cutting curly hair or not (since most Asians have straight hair. I'm an Asian with curly hair.. why oh why? lol). Does Hannah have any experience with curly hair? Also, I'd like to get purple streaks. I'm new to hair dyeing so I don't know much about it.. but do most hair salons (and Goa) carry funky colour hair dyes? I bow down to your wise expertise. ^_^ Thanks.

Guest stillfantasy

hello ^___^

does anyone know where i can get a nice digital perm? = ]

and my hair is about 7 inches below shoulder : D

any idea how much it would cost?

please let me knoe.

thanx!

Archived