[variety] Sang Sang Plus 상상플러스

Guest luckyyou

Guest luckyyou
[KBS] Lee Hui Jae, Tak Jae Hoon, Shin Jung Hwan, Jung Hyung Don

SANG SANG PLUS (상상플러스)

sspban.jpg

TIME TO MEET OUR MCS

meetourmcs.jpg

Sang Sang Plus is aired every Tuesday night. The show consists of 4 MCs, Tak Jae Hoon, Lee Hui Jae, Shin Jung Hwan, Jung Hyung Don & Baek Seung Joo. The show has changed many times ever since airing in late 2004. Currently each episode usually has 2-4 celebrity guests who participate in a game that is meant to teach or remind citizens about Hangul (Korean language). The first part is asking the celebrity guests some questions that people put up on the official website's board. Then they play this "what's the most searched word on the internet" using one character. The person who gets most right wins a stuffed animal and later will be useful in the "main" game. The last part is what I consider the "main game". The 4 guy MCs along with the celebrity guests try to be the first one to get the answer right. The answer is usually a Korean word that most Koreans stopped using so majority don't remember or know it. Lately they've been choosing a lot of adult words (not adult as in dirty talk), before they've done a couple shows where it's teenage words (most were like internet slang or words that netizens made up by cutting the words into little slangs). The person who has the most stuffed animals gets a special hint. They play and tries to be the first person to find out the answer. Of course it's really hilarious. Way before SSP was basically a talk show where all the MCs were guys. Kind of like The View but with guys. Those shows were hilarious too. They had this yellow post it note room where celebrity-friends of the celebrity guest would choose notes that best suit the celebrity guests. It's funny because you can get a little insight in their personal life and how they act when they aren't in the studio. Below is an older description of the older setup of SSP.

THey would have a different studio for the first part of the show while the second part of the show is the set they are using now. Before, they would have 2 celebrities come out and they'd talk to them like a talk show. The friends of the celebrities would be asked to go in this little room that has all these yellow post-its all over and pick out ones that they believe is a quality or characteristic of that celebrity and talk about it. Then the celebrities are questioned about 'em. It was really fun since you get to hear more about their life outside of these "variety" shows (like how Kim Jong Gook isn't really a drinker and he ends up having to take care of Cha Tae Hyun and Hong Kyung Min when they go to bars..). And the earlier episodes they used to have this segment at the end of first part of the show where they would compare pictures of the panel with people who look like them. Shin Jung Hwa & Tak Jae Hoon got the worst of it. It was pretty funny. (I think they might be bringing back the yellow post-it notes room)
Basically the show is trying to promote Korean language. It's quite fun and educational. DOWNLOADS NowNForever - http://clubbox.co.kr/NowNForever

SOME PICTURES OF THE PROGRAM

17451321421733oe.jpg2006011801229ai.jpg

SOME OF SHIN JUNG HWA'S LOOK-ALIKES THAT WERE SHOWN ON THE PROGRAM

0077690327th.jpg0077690425dc.jpg

SOME MORE LOOK-ALIKES OF THE GUEST THEY HAD ON ONE SHOW

3565153um.jpg

The left side is the real celebrities, while the right side is their look-alikes. Official Website

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chibikko

i like this show esp. the old & new segement and the post it room. (i miss that room :lol:)

and Shin Jung Hwan is making his return on this show. I cant wait!! :D

:w00t: Yes! Thanks for starting this thread!!!

I was seriously about thisclose to starting a thread for the show, but I started so many threads for other lesser known shows on Soompi.. so I wanted to take a break.

Shin Jung Hwan returns to the show!!!!! The episodes airs on the 7th of next month and I know Hyori is one of the guests! :D

This show is another show like Happy Together Friends or Jinsil Game, where it's a lot more fun if you can actually understand Korean.

I think that's why these kind of shows, which are among the highest rated variety shows on Korean TV are not that popular on Soompi because most Soompiers don't really understand Korean.. Soompiers are more into Love Letter and Xman, which can be quite fun even if you don't know Korean! :lol: (plus they release subs for those shows..)

While I enjoy the Old & New setup, I miss the Ripple setup of the show. I LOVE the RIPPLE BOX the best when the friends of celebs come out and they talk so openly about their friends!!! And I miss Tony!!! :(

Guest luckyyou

^^ Tony Ahn? Did he say on the show that he likes to shop for home stuff? Cause I might have missed that episode but my mom was telling me about how Tony is so girly and how he wears dangly earrings and he likes shopping for his home. :P

Yeah, I so AGREE. Most of my favorite shows are like Sangsang Plus, Yashimmanman, NohLuhWa, and etc. The you-gotta-know-Korean-to-understand type of shows. I enjoy Jinsil game too but I never DL it. I only watch it when I go home and then I'll watch it with my parents. It's weird, I use to think Love Letter & X-Man was SO fun, but now I can't watch Love Letter. It feels like a chore, while X-Man is so boring btu sometimes I still watch it. But I stilll like Yuhgul! ;P

I miss the earlier set up too. When the friends would go into that room and talk. It's so funny. I hope more people participate in this thread. :P I love this show. Tak JH is SO funny. I love him.

oh and is Shin Jung Hwa coming on as a guest? Or will he be an MC again. I wish he'll come back. Hyori. How exciting. She's going to be on Nahrarahshootdori. I love how they've been doing the soccer song/dances. It gets me SO excited for WC.

Guest chibikko

^hahaha..sometimes the friends inside the room would say the funniest things ever :lol: I remember when Epik High was on the show, DJ Tukutz kept ripping this one quality that Jo Jung Rin said Tablo had :lol: Then he gotten beaten up by her

Yeah, alot of the shows where you have to have a pretty good knowledge of Korean are good. Love Letter has become quite a bore, Xman is still ok. But yeah, Yuhlgirl is still good since it's different from Xman and Love Letter. It doesnt really seem to be scripted as much as the other two shows.

I hope they would go back to the old format soon. It'll be really nice. ^_^

Guest flyfany89

hahaha...i love this show~!

it is so funny~

i laugh so much when i watch Old & New!!

i'm glad that Shin Jung Hwan is coming back~

thank you for starting this thread~

Guest moon_blue

The right side is the real celebrities, while the left side is their look-alikes.

Left-side = lookalikes? NO WAY! :w00t: Unless I've got something wrong with my eyes. :lol:

Guest luckyyou

^^ HAHA, oops. My mistake. Reverse it, obviously. :P

does anyone have an episode on YSI so that I can watch this new show???

THANK YOU

v(o^.^o)v!!!!

Just to clear it up, it's not a new show. I would upload the episodes I have, but I DL HQ files only.

Guest banana_milk

i LOVE this show! I miss that yellow post it room too! I wonder how long it takes to post all those up :) I think it provides a lot of insight to the celebrities through their close friends. Esp. because a lot of high class actors and actresses come out on the show, and it's never really public who their friends are, etc. Sorry, I'm rambling.

Anyway! I can't wait for Shin Jung Hwan to come back! He's my hero.

I also love this show! and I aso miss the post it part since they don't do that anymore but I like the Old and New segment since Noh Hyun-jung is so pretty...I'm also glad that Shin Jung-hwan will come back soon..I just hate it when KBS World always change the airing schedule for this show though :crazy:

wat cb hab it cuz i cant find ne...

handy2006 and cartrider2000 have lq episodes, but they don't have all the episodes.

I had this cut of Chun Myung Hoon and Andy in the ripple box for Lee Ji Hyun

bscap0006us.png

MU link: ripple box

I keep hitting myself for deleting HQ episodes I downloaded in the past! I don't know why I didn't save them!!! <_<

Guest luckyyou

I have LQ episode of SSP where the talk part with the ripple room is Jang Woo Hyuk & Hong Kyung Min. And I think for the "they look the same" segment, they show a past, new clip of Kim Jong Gook and someone else.

Also this is one of my favorite episodes of Old & New because it's the one where Tak Jae Hoon gets the answer right (2nd person to do so). Then when Shin Jung Hwa goes up, Tak goes "make him spell it out" and then Shin Jung Hwa gets it wrong, then he says like "why do I have to spell it, you didn't spell it Tak, you go spell it". And then Tak is like wwhatever I already got the answer right and he goes tos pell but he's such a babo he can't spell it right. Do you guys remember this episode? I loved it. I thought it was SO funny. I'm going to upload it..

Guest lenakeem

omg i LOVE LVOE LVOE this show so fricken hilarious i remember one eps.. noh hyung junw asliek my mom had the cellphone backwards PWHAHAHAH and the guys were just like _-- and started to make fun of her pwhahah it was hilarious..

Guest ohnoitsme

i freaking LOVE this show!!! it's soooooooooooooo funny.....the mc's and guests are always sooooo great! i noticed they never have girls as guests though....

i love how takjaehoon makes sooo much fun of noh hyunjung....they're funny together....and she's a great mc too

omg i LOVE LVOE LVOE this show so fricken hilarious i remember one eps.. noh hyung junw asliek my mom had the cellphone backwards PWHAHAHAH and the guys were just like _-- and started to make fun of her pwhahah it was hilarious..

:lol: That's one of my favorite moments on the show!!!! It was so funny!!!!!

Especially when Tak Jae Hoon imitated how ridiculous Noh Hyun Jung looked when she was trying to tell her story!! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing!!

I also remember when Shin Jung Hwan was telling his scary story about Chae Rina and Noh Hyun Jung just starts crying!

I wonder if they go back to the old ripple format, would Noh Hyun Jung still be on the show? That's hard, while I like the old format better, I still love Noh Hyun Jung and Old & New..

i freaking LOVE this show!!! it's soooooooooooooo funny.....the mc's and guests are always sooooo great! i noticed they never have girls as guests though....

i love how takjaehoon makes sooo much fun of noh hyunjung....they're funny together....and she's a great mc too

I've noticed most of the guests are guys, but they recently had the girls from Heroine 6 on. (I wish Jo Hae Ryun was there too) But they need to get more females on the show..

And I like Noh with Shin better. :D But I still love Tak Jae Hoon. After watching him on Heroine 6, I really like him with Kang Su Jung. Is he still married? Or is he divorced?

Guest luckyyou

:lol: That's one of my favorite moments on the show!!!! It was so funny!!!!!

Especially when Tak Jae Hoon imitated how ridiculous Noh Hyun Jung looked when she was trying to tell her story!! :lol: I couldn't stop laughing!!

I also remember when Shin Jung Hwan was telling his scary story about Chae Rina and Noh Hyun Jung just starts crying!

I wonder if they go back to the old ripple format, would Noh Hyun Jung still be on the show? That's hard, while I like the old format better, I still love Noh Hyun Jung and Old & New..

^^^ yeah when Noh Hyun Jung thought it was SO funny that her mom was using the cell phone upside down. She really found it funny (it wasn't). So funny how they make fun of her. I like how they make fun of the fact that she'll be ugly without makeup. Personally I don't think Noh Hyun Jung is pretty. My mom and I think she looks weird. anyways...

Oh yeah, she started crying. I remember in the next episode she gave the reason why she started crying. Was it because she just thought the story was scary? And remember Noh Hyun Jung saying that only Shin Jung Hwa came to comfort her while everyone else backed away. Sweet SJH!

I think they are going back to the ripple format or will be bringing it back for couple episodes. Because in the newest episode, if you watch the ending, they asked like the netizens or somebody or something, ok I wasn't realy paying attention, but they showed clips of the ribble box.

Us SSP fans need to stick together. I'll upload the episode now. The really funny one.

P.S., I thought the episode with Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong GOok, and Hong Kyung Min was SO funny.

But I still love Tak Jae Hoon. After watching him on Heroine 6, I really like him with Kang Su Jung. Is he still married? Or is he divorced?

He's married. I thought he recenltly divorced or something because he always called his wife "eehgi uhmma" and just how the other guys talk about his life. But he's still married. I know his wife is really young, well not really young but compared to hsi age, there's a big age gap. He has a little daughter too. You know how he always talks about her saying she has a babo for a dad. If you look up Tak Jae Hoon on yahoo.co.kr, you can see pictures of his wife & kid.

Archived