Which Language Would You Choose?

Guest aphotic twilight.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest unknown.

Japanese is currently more useful.

I would like to learn both though :) I'll probably start taking formal lessons for Japanese next year, and hopefully Korean next next year :D Oh, and Mandarin.

Guest rainiee.dayy

i'd love to learn japanese or korean, so that i can watch dramas and variety shows without the need of subs. also cos i hate those fobby subs that makes no sense when i'm watching a drama.

Guest Leopoldine

Personally, I'd love to learn both. :)

I only speak French and a bit of bad Cantonese. I think I can talk a good English ( though I'm sure I have a heavy French accent :D)

honestly, take the one you're really motivated to learn. Learning a language takes a lot of time and motivation.

Me for example, at school I took Spanish (because it was either spanish or either german.) and I wasn't motivated to learn it and... I suck at it. My spanish marks prove it. Also I didn't want to learn Mandarin ( my mother forced me to. It was outside of school) and I didn't take class seriously ...and after 5 years I quitted.

I didn't learn anything because I didn't wanted to. so yeah kinda regret it a bit now :\

So right now, since at the end of my senior year, I've my spanish written exam (end june/early july) I have to study harder. Kinda realize it too late.

ok Sorry for writing my life haha.

Good luck

it's easier for me to learn korean...i remember all the words and sentence construction rules that i learn about korean, but as for japanese, as soon as the day ends, i forget it all...hahaha!!

and it's also easier for me to read and write Hangeul than katakana/hiragana/kanji....there's too many characters to remember in the japanese writing system...i write japanese characters like a grade - schooler...

Guest xSallyyx

I would loove to learn Japanese! but my school only teaches Spanish and French. I take Spanish..

I learned a BIT of Japanese from my dad cause he speaks a little. Plus from my brother, as he watches Naruto.. LOL (:

Guest livelifelove

Korean, it's jjang :D

Of course, I'm not so obsessed with Kpop stuff and Korea now... there's still the passion to go overseas, though.

I've tried to learn Japanese; there are many aspects, however, and 4 different types of writing systems. I'm more interested to learn how to speak the language, then try to decipher how I should go about writing the words.

However, I tend to give things up halfway, so I'm not going to learn either.

Good luck to those who are learning Korean/japanese :D

Guest v3rmillion

I'd choose Japanese, as it seems more useful now.

but who knows, that might change in a couple years.

btw, their grammar structures are pretty similar, so apparently knowing one makes learning the other easier. :D

Guest blu3bubbl3

Where do you live?

If you live in the United States, Japanese will be by far more useful. In most areas, at least.

i think it depends on which city... in NYC i feel like korean is more useful since there are tons more koreans than japanese, thus stores, restaurants, etc.

personally i'd like to learn both but i'd learn japanese first. i did start learning a bit on my own but it's hard; not enough time or self-discipline =X to me korean seems harder to learn, i can never pronounce anything correctly lol. japanese on the other hand is easier for me (i'm chinese), pronounciation and reading/writing wise.

Archived