Which Language Would You Choose?

Guest aphotic twilight.

Guest fcuknstylin

I've took French for awhile, now I'm taking Japanese right now, it's cute, but kind of boring.

I'd like to be fluent in French, and Italian, then Korean

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest celinewalksin10

i was introduced to japanese first, but then i got exposed to korean not long after..

i'm still not close to being really good at both languages, but i suggest learn korean since

it's easier to read the characters.. :) i can read and write, but it's just i don't understand most of it..

when i get the time, i'll learn both languages.. :) but korean first.. :)

Guest ephemeral.

Why not learn both gradually? Teehee.

I'm determined to self-teach myself Korean (with the help of my Korean friend) for the next few years. Hopefully, I will be more "fluent" at it in one year or so.

I'll self-teach myself Japanese (with the help of my Japanese-obsessed friend who wrote down a lot of vocabulary and already speaks some Japanese) afterwards. Hopefully, it'll take me about one year to be "fluent" at it as well.

I'm thinking of learning Chinese as well, Mandarin maybe? Haha, yay for Asian languages. ^o^

My pronunciation sucks in all of the languages that I speak though.

I just hope to learn both "fluently" at the end of highschool, meaning at the end of 11th grade, which is in 3 years.

I know good Vietnamese, French, English and basic (sucky) Spanish (learnt in order).

Guest c i e l`

I already know French, English, a bit of German, and a bit of Thai/Lao

Plus my grandmother want to teach me a bit of Vietnamese...

And I'm already learning Chinese for two years now.

I'll self teach myself Korean but I need determination and time.

I don't think I can learn Japanese...I'll see after learning Korean

If I feel that I can do it hehe.

Guest Hemera

definitely japanese.

it's a bit more useful worldwide than korean (not talking k-pop or visiting korea here)..and aren't the two languages similar in grammar? in terms of writing..like the characters and stuff..i think japanese is a wholeee lot more difficult..so if you take the time to learn it..be proud of yourself in the end that you didn't die!!

[gets shot]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cuttyee

ok..i'm good at malay,english and a little bit of chinese..

i really wanna learn korea and japanese languange..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest cfcong

I tried both, Korean and Japanese. I'm Chinese. I took Korean at school, but learned Japanese on the weekends at a nearby school. However, I find Japanese easier, pronunciation is much more easier than Korean. Even though they have hiragana, katakana, and kanji; with kanji, its closer to Chinese. Korean writing it simpler but pronunciation is like @_@. Not that only, Japanese is the 2nd most spoken Eastern Asian language in the world after Chinese. So knowing Japanese, can be help more than Korean. Almost all my Korean friends learn Japanese.

Today, I finished Japanese at the level of middle-school graduate. As for the Korean, I just know how to write it but do not know how to pronounce it right.

If you want to learn a language, you really must commit to it. No language in this world will come easy. It takes a lot of dedication and time.

Guest EternalDream

i want to learn both,japanese and korean.but since lot of ppl said japanese is easier,i want to learn it first xD

Guest needlepeople

I can speak English, Korean, and French fluently. Right now I'm learning Spanish on my own, but I really want to learn Portuguese and Russian. After that, I want to learn Turkish, Greek, or American sign language. If not those, then probably another Romance language...Italian or Romanian, probably.

Guest tofu plushie

I am Chinese too and I am learning Korean. I admit the pronunciation can be a bit difficult but you grow use to it as you get use to hearing it and repeating it. The writing and reading is really easy to learn though. I am teaching myself Japanese also but, I find it to be more difficult personally.

For some reason the Korean vocabulary just sticks better in my mind =)

Archived