Guest piano_lady

Guest debratan

my fav period in sequence

Koryo

japanese Occ.

Present time

Chosun

Shimkuk

Noticed that I put RSY & PYJ before RSY & JSY, simply becos I love their pairing more.

Thus, explain why I always feel JSY is the one that get in their way. Whenever JSY come into the pic, I feel that PYJ got betrayed. Biased, Yes I am but when it's come to drama, you might tend to like one party more than the other.

Hello Mee...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anachronista

I took it that way for a while, too, Debra, until I really thought about it the other day.....

We can use the spoiler tags to discuss till Michelle is ready to join in.

As I said, in every case except the present, JSY's relationship to RSY was closer. First, she was his twin sister. Then, as a Mongol woman, he was his concubine (or something like that, I think), then she was the woman he loved in the Chosun era, then during the Japanese Occupation, she was his wife. All close relationships, but there's always something missing or something wrong about them. PSY's character comes in after those relationships are in place and in most instances, she's the one who breaks it up in some way. Not that she's bad, it just turns out that way. Then in the present, maybe karma pulls a switch and puts Ki-Bum's relationship with Dr. Lee first. Who knows, maybe it was to see if Jung Hwa could get it right that time......

:lol: Lucky RSY, though, he gets to take turns with the women. ;)

Guest snowprincess

hi all!

yeah i love the PYJ and RSY loveteam better than JSY and RSY. especially the Koryo period!

hi anachronista!

so was the time JSY and RSY were twins was the first time they all met? ah, let me try to see. please feel free to correct me if im wrong :blush:

so PYJ's wish that RSY would love her more than she loves him = their time as lovers during the Koryo time.

in the Koryo time, JSY talked bad about PYJ = in the Chosun time, JSY not ending up with RSY and losing PYJ as a friend

during the Japanese occupation, they were married but still RSY fell in love with PYJ but JSY risked her life for him = the present time, PYJ and RSY engaged but RSY is attracted to JSY. but did they end up together...

PYJ and RSY should do a drama together. they look good and have chemistry. a nice romantic drama. maybe even a historical one! :P

Guest anachronista

I'd say you were correct, especially on the first two. The rest are excellent observations! I hadn't thought of that! It would certainly fit in with the Karma thing.

Who knows, RSY and PYJ could end up in another drama together. It happened twice with RSY and Han Eun Jung (Bright Girl's Success Story and Seoul 1945). Apparently it happens fairly often that Korean drama stars are cast together more than once. PYJ was recently in "Dae Jo Young" which is a historical.

Guest piano_lady

Ooohhh...i want to join in your discussion guys...but have to restrain myself... for my own good :P

Anyways, here are some ep 7 caps ...

(sorry, not that good tonight...my player is not feeling well :lol: )

2320872410101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2024692130101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2483476720101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2140189990101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2216616130101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2502129110101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2149882430101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

2472023320101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

OMO!! Will he choose her???? :blink::wacko: I root for the other girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest debratan

I'd say you were correct, especially on the first two. The rest are excellent observations! I hadn't thought of that! It would certainly fit in with the Karma thing.

Who knows, RSY and PYJ could end up in another drama together. It happened twice with RSY and Han Eun Jung (Bright Girl's Success Story and Seoul 1945). Apparently it happens fairly often that Korean drama stars are cast together more than once. PYJ was recently in "Dae Jo Young" which is a historical.

RSY and Han Eun Jung have the best chemistry! Cos I love Seoul 1945.

PYJ is very pretty in this drama, didn't realised that in "what happened in Bali". Both RSY & PJY are very comparable in looks wise.

Guest snowprincess

hi all!

thanks for the kind words anachronista :blush: i like solving puzzles like sudoku etc so i really enjoyed looking for the connection of the four characters.

im looking now at RSY's and LJS's relationship. they have always been enemies and ive noticed that the women they both love neither one of them gets. but since both of them let go of JSY in the present time, who will get her? what will be the karma?

:wacko: and also, why did PYJ let go of RSY? :wacko:

hey michelle! nice caps! RSY is sooo adorable :blush:

Guest anachronista

I was just thinking about that this morning, too!

Only, heh heh, I know the answer...... ;)

Yes, Michelle, thanks! I love those looks JSY and RSY are giving each other in the jazz club.

Guest piano_lady

Hi Ladies!! New siggies/banners that you can use....let me know if you want the link...

nextbanner-1.gif

118720518055195-1.gif

nextmixsiggy.gif

nextmixsiggy-1.gif

1187205180551953.gif

Will make some caps tomorrow!!!!

Enjoy your discussions ladies...

Guest crypticbluerose

Sadly enough Im still just on four, but ireally appricate the series being uploaded on veoh. Since it has become very easy for me to download and watch dramas. :D

Guest piano_lady

annyeong chinggus! am now in ep11 and RSY looks so handsome with his long, black hair...

anyways, some ep8 caps for you everyone!!

2147720760101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2085047980101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2092795210101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2465645530101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2171783780101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2659047590101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2986427830101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2655441160101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2408824580101477527S600x600Q85.jpg2152965960101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

I was also in the mood for some RSY faces caps...all from episode 8...

2272573780101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

Sadly enough Im still just on four, but ireally appricate the series being uploaded on veoh. Since it has become very easy for me to download and watch dramas. :D

hi crypticbluerose! warm welcome to you in this thread :) glad to know that you've started watching the series...so, you're only at the first period :) three more to go ;) for me, it's 3 more eps to go and i'm done! oh, there are some extras uploaded in veoh as well....did you get to see them?

Guest anachronista

^ hi anachronista! please share why...i cant imagine

why PYJ let him go

... :tears:

Well, snowprincess, it could be kind of an opinion thing, but the way I saw it,

no matter how much you like the pairing of RSY and PYJ, in the present, she couldn't love him completely and make a solid commitment, but at the same time, she couldn't let him go for a while either. You remember in the last episode, he tells her he's going to Mongolia again and she asks why he didn't want her to come along, and he reminds her that he asked her to come the first time he went and she flat refused. There were a number of instances where they just weren't quite on target with each other and it seemed they were just going to be engaged forever. Even (early in the series) when Ki Bum desperately pressed her to set a wedding date, she wouldn't. Anyway, it was kind of a humdrum relationship and PYJ was just too indecisive. That was her flaw. Even after she had broken up with him, as she's taking him to the airport, she teases him about marriage again. Just can't make up her mind. By contrast, remember who boarded the plane to Ulaan Bator right behind him. They don't tell you the details, but it appeared to me that she had given up everything to finally be by his side.

:P So romantic....

Hope that makes sense. I really have to watch it again, may pick up some new things.

Guest snowprincess

^ wow! excellent analysis, anachronista. i think i need to watch it again also to see those small but very significant moments and nuances. it all makes sense!

PYJ's character never really fought for their love. much as i dont like JSY's character, she has paid her dues and in the present time, they do live happily ever after.

i can sleep now. :P

Guest anachronista

Very good idea to watch it again. It could be the I overthink things, but one of the things I like best about his drama is it's written with a substantial amount of depth. It's like an onion with many of layers to peel away to get to the heart of it. I believe it's as underrated as RSY himself. There still are lots more good points of discussion to cover.

I wasn't that fond of JSY as an actress either, but

The one story of hers that really moved me was as the illiterate wife during the occupation. She was this humble little thing who knew what her husband was up to with the nurse and yet saved him from capture, and then out of love and loyalty literally killed for him, fully expecting to die for it herself. I suspect in that action she might have had his freedom to be with the nurse on her mind as well. That one brought on the tears. Anyway, I wonder if that sacrifice might have won the karma war in the next round for her.

:D

Guest piano_lady

oh, i really, really want to read the spoilers! :wacko::unsure: but will do so by saturday hopefully..

anyway, since most of you seem to favor the RSY-PYJ tandem, here's a wallpaper for you....

(i didn't make this..discovered this the official website ;) )

photo_127_1_1_no_130_1.jpg

Guest snowprincess

well said anachronista. now im wondering how the guys' karma works...

hiya piano_lady! thanks for posting the pics. they look good together dont they? :) enjoy the rest of the series!

Archived