morikosz7.th.jpg

MORIKO (9/12/88): (tenor) Sax

LEADER (11/12/88): Trombone

ridawt5.th.jpg

Band's name "ore ska band" literally translates to "I'm (a) ska band."

oresukadb4.th.jpg

From 2007 Anime Festival

Official site:http://www.oreskaband.com/

ORESKABAND formed in 2003 when middle school classmates IKASU, TAE-SAN, LEADER, SAKI, MORIKO, and TOMI got together to start their own band. They started off playing at small clubs in their hometown and quickly built following with their energetic live shows and colorful personalities.

In 2006, these talented High Schoolers were signed to Sony Music Japan.

From performing at local venues, ORESKABAND has gone on to gain recognition on a national level. An exceptional opportunity came when their song YEAH ! Ska Dance was used in a TV commercial for POCKY, a very popular Japanese candy. The girls themselves appeared in the commercial, which was shot while they were performing on a moving train show-casing their fresh ska-pop sound and lively personalities

Juggling the role of high school students and recording artists, ORESKABAND completed their debut mini album entitled Ore in March 2006 and received massive critical acclaim. In June, the girls collaborated with trombone player/Ska legend Rico Rodriguez on his tribute session album JAPA-RICO RICO RODRIGUEZ MEETS JAPAN with their cover of the Ska classic MONKEY MAN(MONKEY monkey MAN). That summer, the band also got an invitation to perform at the prestigious FUJI ROCK FESTIVAL which they graciously accepted attracting 1000 attendees, a new artist record!Their songs have been featured as the 14th ending theme for the anime Naruto and the 11th ending theme for the anime Bleach.

Their popularity is rising in Japan but the band is not willing to stop there; In March 2007, following the digital release of their US debut single PINOCCHIO, ORESKABAND kicked off their first tour starting from SXSW music festival in Austin, TX, where the full-throttle energy of their performance and their infectious spirit have earn them strong following and a reputation as one of the best discoveries of the festival. Back in Japan, the girls, now fresh out of high school, continued to play nationwide and wrapped up the successful tour with a sold-out show in their hometown Osaka.

In May 2007 they released their first full-length album "WAO!!" (Short for We Are ORESKABAND!!). Though this album has only been released in Japan so far.

An album specially compiled for the US,"Oreskaband" became available on August 7.

To get American fans even more excited, ORESKABAND returned to the US to headline a show at Long Beach Arena in California on July 1 during their participation of Anime Expo, one of the nation's largest anime conventions. They had also been selected to be part of this year's Warped tour: http://www.warpedtour.com and played six shows across the West Coast in August.

Guest theanonymousafro

Some of their upcoming US tour dates:

8.17.2007 Idaho Center - Boise, ID

8.18.2007 The Goege Ampitheatre - Seattle, WA

8.19.2007 Columbia Meadows, Portland, OR

8.22.2007 Selland Arena - Fresno, CA

8.23.2007 Sleep Train Ampitheatre - Sacremento, CA

8.25.2007 Home Depot Center - Los Angeles,CA

Guest fartface

hmmm...the only thing i see for 8-25-08 at the Home depot center is the warped tour and it looks like they are not on the list...are they coming here any other time?? i really want to see them play!!

Guest theanonymousafro

Heard there are some new days they plan to play in the US:

Date: August 24

Venue: Coors Amphitheater (Chula Vista)

You can get tickets from ticketmaster.com

Venue: The Echo / 1822 Sunset Blvd., LA, CA 90026

http://www.attheecho.com/

Date: 8/13/07 (Mon)

Doors: 8:30pm

Price: FREE

Guest mairanya

hmmm...the only thing i see for 8-25-08 at the Home depot center is the warped tour and it looks like they are not on the list...are they coming here any other time?? i really want to see them play!!

ORESKABAND isn't on the main list of artists for Warped Tour because they're on the Kevin Says Stage rather than the main stage. If you go to the Kevin Says stage site, they are listed there. :)http://www.kevinsaysstage.com/

• 1 month later...
Guest hopesofgreen

Saw them at warped tour!

Two of those girls were putting up their own posters and stuff right next to my friends and me. We just stared at them and smiled b/c no one really knows who they are. Really cute though! Singing aloud and saying 'hi' to everyone. =)

Guest theanonymousafro

Saw them at warped tour!

Two of those girls were putting up their own posters and stuff right next to my friends and me. We just stared at them and smiled b/c no one really knows who they are. Really cute though! Singing aloud and saying 'hi' to everyone. =)

Cool. so did you get to hear their performance? Yeah, the whole band is really friendly even without knowing much english.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest theanonymousafro

Tae's birthday is in 2 days (9/26).

If you want to post a message to Tae or just wanted to send a message to the band you can on their webpage. Here: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Ores.../bbs/index.html

The English message section isn't up yet so the link is for the Japanese site.

There are 6 sections to fill.

1st is your name

2nd Male or female. male is first

3rd Location. Pick the last at the bottom, it's the one for overseas(US etc.)

4th Age

5th Title of message

6th your message or comment

Then click the button on the left to send.

Guest homeschoolers4life

Tae's birthday is in 2 days (9/26).

If you want to post a message to Tae or just wanted to send a message to the band you can on their webpage. Here: http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Info/Ores.../bbs/index.html

The English message section isn't up yet so the link is for the Japanese site.

There are 6 sections to fill.

1st is your name

2nd Male or female. male is first

3rd Location. Pick the last at the bottom, it's the one for overseas(US etc.)

4th Age

5th Title of message

6th your message or comment

Then click the button on the left to send.

cool. i like her. she's a great drummer is it Tae-chan or Tae-san or does it matter? Anyway I'll make sure to post a birthday message tomorrow

Guest chocopocky

Ohhh, my friends saw them last year at Warped Tour in Austin! (: (or was it ACL?)

Yeah, I heard that they were really nice and fantastic.

I love their cd. Really fun music.

Guest vannessave

Came across these photos today from their Warped Tour

oreskabandwarpedsm7.jpg

oreskabandwarped2ta3.jpg

oreskabandwarped3qm3.jpg

oreskabandwarped4cd2.jpg

There was also a short write up but it was in Japanese and I couldn't translate, maybe someone else can.

source: ro69

Archived