Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

Although offtopic LJK is still my most fav character or i say No.1 second lead in kdrama.I still remember during MG,i thought how girly he looked but he changed my view within 2 episode itself.For me MG has the most 2 decent guy character in kdrama i have watched till now.Mostly in other Kdrama all those lead have some kind weird disorder or they behaved to childish for there age and character.I didn't follow Junki personal life or interview but i have watched his other 4drama after MG.He can anytime play a college student guy he has that type of look and body.

@ELY_397 Thats the issue dear the things which we can see Kindustry can't. DH and LJK can be really be OTP pair but they don't cast them together.Alteast make drama special with them if not 16 episode drama.Even Hollywood repeats it hit pair of actor but not kdrama.

@samzz I will watch LJK new drama after it end if possible ,i don't like to wait for next episode if i watch live.He was looking such a cutie pie in Rm episode.Doing things in his own world :lol:I felt bad for him in name tag elimination.Thanks for telling me more detail abt kent work system since sometime i forget it.

"Patience " is the key word for us.Hope we get surprise like we got dubai RM episode with DH.When we don't expect anything we will get something ;)

• Like 1

I read in Ockoala abt Moon lover, b4 the casting, according to her, C-fans lobbying hard for Dahae amd Jun Ki reunion.

but well, as you read in the news-so scary, if the Director is really interested with idols, no one can come in between, even 100% public against it. 

8 hours ago, samzz said:

I read in Ockoala abt Moon lover, b4 the casting, according to her, C-fans lobbying hard for Dahae amd Jun Ki reunion.

but well, as you read in the news-so scary, if the Director is really interested with idols, no one can come in between, even 100% public against it. 

I didn't knew the controversy was going on abt it.Wow never knew Director and PD can defend the actor like this,when criticism abt acting is made.When fan criticize DH which was script fault then nobody came.Idol have taken over all PD and director i guess no words to say.Nowadays i see K neitizen themself are not happy with all these current slot of drama .I am not sure for which audience are they making these drama for international fans or national fans.K drama are losing it charm now days.All those old Kdrama are far more watchable then these days drama only few selected drama of today is good.

Its good to know C-fans want them together hope some day we get to see JK and DH.

@ELY_397 PD have lost their brain we can't hope anything from them the actor can make call get want they want instead of listening to those PD.Look Wookie got DH for the project by making call.

• Like 1

May be @Annya is right when she said " When we don't expect anything we will get something "!!

Some news reports today mentioned our girl as one of the guests who will be attending "2016 Busan One Asia Festival" which will be held on the 1st of October. I can't believe we may get to see her walking the red carpet in Korea after so many years. one Month to wait, hope it past fast :) 

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10007961663

• Like 5

@samzz As this is the first time this festival is held so I am not sure how exactly it will be organized so I also wonder what she will be doing. I didn't see other actors/actresses names there except our girl (until now) but I do hope she will be there in the opening ceremony or the closing concert (although it would be a longer wait). Either hosting the whole event or just hosting one of the parts. Also I read that the festival is up till 23rd of October including holding some fan meetings with the stars. So how about our girl doing a signing session or interviews out side in Busan?! just my wishful thinking :D

But I am happy anyway to see her in such mega event in Korea again. Whatever her participation will be :wub:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mega-hallyu-event-busan-one-084300762.html

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/08/316_212132.html

• Like 2

Replying to your discussion before which I didn't have time to join in, actually while I always feel sorry for our girl and her luck and low chances and status in the industry now but I am one who actually don't like how public prejudice against idols. I actually some times feels pity for them for how cruel the criticize on them and for how they are judged just with their name mentioned in any cast and without even given a chance to show what they got first.

From my point of view becoming an idol or trainee at first in K agencies is one of the ways young people take to enter this industry. Like modelling or beauty pageant or discovering talents TV Shows or even some just start with daring/explicit role in a movie so they make a name. Many of those idols join in such a young age to have a chance to become a star. Many don't actually excel in anything at start but try to discover what their real talent or what they good at either dancing or singing or even just with some good looks to get people attention and make a name for themselves in this industry.

Some I think are very serious about acting even if they are not that good or even if want to broad their chances because you can't stay an idol forever and some I actually find quite appealing. A very few people out there even among very well famed actors that show much of talent at their career start (yes talents are rare in any field not only entertainment) but they build up experience and start to improve or just have a good image that people do forgive their flaws. So nothing is new or strange about all that.

The thing that angers me is the system. The system that don't have enough place for real talents and actors and mostly relying on popular names and power crushing many in the way is the problem.

Agencies pushing their stars in projects in lead/big roles without the proper training or experience to be able to take that responsibility and sometimes don't even give them much time to train to improve for better performances in the future and keep depending on their names and connections without doing the required effort.

As @samzz keep mentioning Nana (you must be really interested in her :D), although I never saw her acting but I find her steps is really good example for an idol. She started acting in China with casting in Chinese drama LTAM 1 (the remake of QIHM) in secondary role and then Chinese movie (Go Lala Go 2) also in a secondary role. Then came her biggest chance in front of "Jeon Do Yeon" in "the Good Wife" remake and she really used it very well despite the criticism she received once her name came in casting and turned those to praises. So now she may get another chance to make a debut in a movie in Korea opposite Hyun Bin and while I don't think the role is that big but it is surely a chance that can't be missed. But actually she wasn't the first choice (Oh Yeon-seo was up to that but she had herself a movie and drama with leading roles instead and passed that role which will have less screen time)

All in all, I mentioning this to show that nothing wrong in giving those a chance and may be we end up discovering some good actors in the way but a good industry should have balance. Between talent and popularity, between both males and females and also between young and old because it will make projects more rich and make young stars also learn from older and talented ones.

@Annya I assure you at many cases, directors don't have the choice for the stars but depends on the channel and production companies and agencies. Few hit writers and directors do have that privilege. And about Da-hae getting more offers in China. It is also about connections and also because compared to Korea China produce much more both of films and dramas per year so chances are more (although status in Korea is better than years ago after cable stations) and also I read Korean stars (even with all the talk about their demands these days) but many do actually charge and require much less than Chinese stars.

So in the end, here is to hope our girl find a place for herself in the industry in the place she is comfortable to be in and with a status she deserves given her talent and just keep enjoying her career which she chose.

Fighting!! :wub: and sorry for the long post :) 

• Like 2

I remember right after the success of My Girl, Dahae did the same choice like Nana. If I'm not mistaken she agreed to act in a movie with Song Kang Ho named Speed. Some said a drama, some said a movie. But as always lacks of funding caused the project to be cancelled. Most of her movie offer except Lemon had money issue. I don't know why other actresses never had that issues, all their movies project can go smoothly. I don't think all movies are produced due to sponsoring, some coming from big companies investment e.g SM. Dahae never requested high salary either, even at her peak as Hallyu stars, her price is the same as Lee Yoen Hee. 90% of her drama are in double digit with 4 above 30%, but still she just ask reasonable price. Some actresses hv a string of project failure but still can act in big move or drama production and receive double price than her.

• Like 3

I am not against idols turning actors and actresses if they have the talent, as apqaria said, but I am fed up of idols being cast in the wrong roles for the sake of their names and popularity being used as publicity to promote a project. I thoroughly enjoyed the Good Wife and the superb acting delivered by every single cast member including Nana. Her character suited her to the tee in terms of aura and looks. The other drama I have enjoyed watching this year is Another Miss Oh, with the majority of the cast being idols or ex idols. On the other hand, I have been so looking forward to LJK's latest drama but the idols' acting leaves a lot to be desired, which is a real shame. (ultimate bad acting in my experience was Andie McDowell in Four Weddings and a Funeral-I was literally fuming)

The Korean entertainment industry is extremely cut throat. Sponsorship is rife, not to mention agencies backed by mobs. In Chinese there is saying that the entertainment industry is like a pool of dye, once you are in it, it is very difficult to stay clean. DH may have made some bad decisions in the past but her status right now is not reflective of her talent, which is the thing her fans are most upset about. 

• Like 1

@samzz As I read before, Speed was a drama not a movie but yah it was a very ambitious project specially at that time. I actually think there wasn't Kdrama with this story line till date and it would be interesting to see how it is done if given the right production support. And I would still love to see Da-hae in such role. We know she also want to play a doctor.

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2006070612521438483&type=1&outlink=1

I shouldn't be crying on spilled milk but I do liked how she wanted to try different role (sexy one) after her innocent image in GR and her Funny image in MG. But with this failing her next project was instead quite a disappointment. This just proves once again that such unpredictable and out of hand situations can really make your path so much different than you wanted it to be.

Spoiler

KBS' racing blockbuster Drama 스피드 (Speed) just got a little faster. The Drama, which will broadcast in the Mon/Tue spot from January 2007, just cast Lee Da-Hae of 마이걸 (My Girl), who will work with male lead Lee Seo-Jin. The 12 Billion Won Drama, produced by Jin Hyung-Wook and written by Ma Jin-Won, marks the first co-production between Korea and Turkey. Story features Lee Seo-Jin as Yi-Soo, a car racer who smuggled himself into Turkey; Lee Da-Hae will play sexy shrink Ji-Won, and closing the 삼각관계 (love triangle) will be a 2nd Generation Chaebol who also happens to be a racer (Kim Myung-Min). Speed starts shooting from mid-August in Turkey. 

• Like 1

It's good to read some news abt our girl yippee too happy,its long time when we saw her attending any award show.One month is piece of cake for us ;) I am sure DH must be tired worked on 2 projects back to back hope she enjoy her free time with her family and friends.

TQ AQ and samzz to telling abt speed movie although its past, i didn't knew abt it.@samzz like u even i use to wonder why DH film always as finance issue while all other movie sails smoothly while making.Is making movie so costly that production house can't afford it.And if there is such issue how can u annouce abt the project.

AQ good to read ur view abt idols and current situation of drama.And yes i forget more then director channel and production house has upper hand.We saw in HK ,the director was changed in middle of drama the live example.Like ELY said even my views are same i don't mind watching idiols in drama and i sometime do appreciate them to if i see them capable of it.Like when i watched Hotel king i found "N" i don't know his name he was idol too but what i saw is that he can act.He is just one example.

I was just watching a show in which a person playing a male lead wanted to become singer and lyric writer of song.But even before he release a single song he is still learning music he is cast in male lead role.Didn't he came to be singer with agency they made him actor.If all idol get chance to become actor then when will those people who wants to be actors get chance to be actors should they become singer.

Like u said agency train them fine and even they should get chance but shouldn't agency try to get everyone start with small roles in drama.I am sure experience and learning procedure will make them good Just imagine the frustration of their own audience if every channel and drama have non experienced idol playing main role how can they watch it.

Yes the system is to blame why not keep audition for role and screen test and select the best person based on there acting and how good they play character even if its screen test.If its channel choice to pick the actor for project then its also audience choice to accept or reject watching it.U can't blame audience everytime.May be channel will learn their lesson after many failure.

ELY U need opportunity to showcase ur talent and project too,but if all the project and drama are taken over by idiol playing leads then how come our girl and many other talented actor gets opportunity.

• Like 1

@apqaria About Dahae canceled project i remember drama called " Sweet Guy".   This drama before "Hello miss" after "My girl" and plot so interesting. So i feel bad that it's not happend. :tears:

Spoiler

Posted Image

Eric of Shinwa is returning to the small screen in Sept/Oct in MBC weekend drama" Sweet Guy".His co-star will be Lee Da Hae who was previously on the Hit Drama"My Girl".

Eric will acts as Kwon Dong Hun, a guy who take revenge on his rich dad and his family who abandon him and his mom. He marries Kim In Joo in a fake marriage but falls in love with her during theprocess.Lee Da Hae will play Kim In Joo, an Orphan who marries Kwon Dong Hun to save her orphanage.

Credits with soompi...S2 & 6OCEAN / yeohweping

------

Eric coming back in September with new series "Sweet Guy:

Eric will be coming back in "Sweet Guy", a new MBC drama after his recovery from his injuries sustained while filming previous series "Wolf". Preliminary discussions now are in relation to the time slot of the series in September and it is highly probable that the series will air at 10pm every Saturday and Sunday night.

Eric will be co-patnering My Girl star, Lee Da Hae in this new series.

MBC Producer Lee Chang said Opus 101 had contacted and confirmed that Eric is to star in this new series. The only remaining confirmation is in relation to the time slot which is still in the preliminary discussions.

An Opus 101 staff confirmed that Eric and Lee Da Hae acting together in the new series have been confirmed but has been prevented by officials from revealing the news. However, MBC has done further and revealed that their collaboration is indeed true.

The title of the drama is said to be called Sweet Guy because of Eric's character Kwon Dong Hun's sweet and soft voice and smile. Eric plays guy who takes plots to take revenge on his rich dad and his family who had abandoned him and his mom. He marries Kim In Joo in a fake marriage but falls in love with her during the process.Lee Da Hae will play Kim In Joo, an Orphan who marries Kwon Dong Hun to save her orphanage

credits: baidu 

About her new "Korean" project' to be frank, i'm so hopeless. Korean entertainment industry is so crule and unfair. :tears:
Some actor or actress has a bad profile like used drugs but they still get chance to play main cast in drama. 
So what's Dahae fault? I just hope that someone who make her down will come home to roost. :angry:

PS. Sorry for my bad English. ^^"

• Like 1

@Maetawinz Yes that project too didn't happen in the end and was cancelled. After "My Girl", this was one of her talked projects but Da-hae decided to do "speed" instead  which ironically also didn't materialize as mentioned in previous posts here. That is why she did take some time after "My Girl" to comeback despite how popular she became and she was poured with offers.

• Like 1

Hahha ELY, I know u will be disappointed knowing Eric and Dahae cannot go through. But I think she made a right choice at that time bc Eric was Park Shin Yeon bf and they were so madly in love. 

Must be very uncomfortable for her to hv a on screen romance with good friend bf, and she was so young at that time, u know how cruel K- net can be.

• Like 1

@apqaria Thanks for this clip! It has made my day. Dahae's hair is hilarious. :D She asked Eric what he thought of his latest drama. He said he was nervous about it but was pleased with his performance. Then he asked Dahae about learning different languages for her new drama (MG), she said it was quite tough and that it would air on 14/12. Oh, those good old days! Thanks @Maetawinz for mentioning Eric!

@samzz My dream drama for Dahae is to have her act with all my favourite actors in one long drama that spans the lifetime of the female lead. I even have a plot in mind already. Eric is on that ever growing list as you know! Haha.

@Annya Sometimes I wonder what she has done to deserve this luck (or lack of) but then again I believe things happen for a reasonx and that there is always a silver lining somewhere. 

• Like 2