[Drama 2004] What Happened In Bali 발리에서 생긴 일

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest rockerbabe

Nice story but sad ending, JIS is so cute!

I don't like his character in Bali but he's acting was really great!

same here... I thought JIS is cute in WHIB... but I didn't like the character...

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainie_chu

The thing that I will never forget about this series is In Sung's hand gesture (you know when he puts his fist in his mouth) which Andy always immitates on XMAN.

Soooo funny! Hahaha~

Guest babygurldoc

I dont like JIS character, somehow it's annoying nd such a little boy atittude. On the other hand, I love SJS, his charcter is always so dragic. Feel like he always have to sacrifice for the girl he loves; he rather let her go so that she cn be happy eventhough he wont. Also hope that after his service hell take a role that let him not die and actully live happily everafter w/ his love one.

I found my way to the WHIB thread! This is one of my all time fave dramas, it's got such an intense storyline that I was glued to my TV. The cast was awesome (Ha Ji Won, Jo In Sung, So Ji Sup), and I hope Ha Ji Won and Jo In Sung do another drama together, that would be so awesome. I really liked how there was no really "good" character in this drama, everyone was complex in their own ways. Sometimes those dramas where there's an obvious "evil" character and the "pure" heroine gets kinda old. Highly recommended!

For SJS, besides “What Happened In Bali”, I have also watched him in “Glass Shoes” and “MISA”. I noticed that in all three shows, he died for the woman he loved. In “Glass Shoes”, he was stabbed to death, because he had wanted to save his kidnapped bride. In “MISA”, he died because of the two bullets lodged in his head, as he shielded his girlfriend from the gunshots. In “What Happened In Bali”, he was shot to death, also because of the woman he loved. I do hope that in his next show, he would live happily ever after with his ladylove.

I find this kinda ironic as well. All three dramas, back to back I might add, had him dying for the one he loves... I wanted him to have a happy ending like Cheers for the Women or We're Dating Now. ^_^

I really liked how there was no really "good" character in this drama, everyone was complex in their own ways.

Me too... It's like everybody has his or her own motives for behaving the way they are... :rolleyes:

Guest sunshine4ever

I still don't get it. Does Soo Jung love Jae Min or did she love IN Wook?

of course she loves Jaemin!!! :lol: haha, Inwook's fans will argue the same thing, but recently in August 2005, the scriptwriter of this drama admitted in one interview in Japanese magazine that Soojung loved Jaemin ;)

I'll repost it one more time since last time the WHIB thred were wiped out due to Soompi's crash...

What Happened in Bali interview in Japanese magazine ""Korean Drama Vol.8"

Thanks to wiwi for the translation and thanks to mihi for sharing this with wiwi and people at her site.

Translated by wiwi at http://user.chol.com/~wiwi/

leesunmi_kimkiho.jpg

This is Kim Ki Ho (man) and Kim Sun Mi (woman)...Kim Ki Ho got credit for WHIB's script and won the best script for 2004 Baek Sang award.

Let us hear about the casting episodes.

Lee Sunmi - At first we contacted Jisub. we worked together with Jisub in the drama "love for a thousand years" in 2003, and i saw a very heart-breaking scene and thought that Jisub really suits a character with the shadows, and i'd like to make Jisub act as such a character.this drama ended in may 03, i called him at the end of may or beginning of June and explained him the synopsis and got his consent.

with Jiwon, i thougnt it's only her who can play Soojung. so i met her with my husband and said without you, we wouldn't write this drama. we thought Soojung's image and her way of life matched exactly with the actress, Ha jiwon's image...and of course, Insung was a pinch hitter. (laugh)

Was he? Insung who's on the top of his career after this drama? then who was casted originally?

Lee - We had Yoo Osung in mind. But he gave up due to his movie schedule. What we had first on mind was Jung Jaemin over thirty years old.

Yoo Osung was Jung Jaemin? I just cannot imagine that(laugh)

Lee- I still can't. Jaemin's lines were originally written with the setting that he was older than Inwook,so it didn't fit into Insung. If Jaemin were originally Insung's role, then, the lines would have been written with the setting that he is much younger.

So, the casting was changed after several episodes of scripts were written. did you revise the script afterwards?

Kim Kiho - no, we went on as it was. Insung said he wanted to do it that way. I think he was willing to challenge himself as an actor.

So, you mean Insung adapted the completed script to himself, little by little?

Kim - of course, when an actor performs, the writer does nothing but trust him. After all, it is the actor who performs, and as an actor he should plays the character wholly with himself. But he showed us such a great performance than we ever expected and surprised us.

Lee - When I saw ep. 1 on TV, i got surprised "oh, isn't Insung so good"

Insung seemed to be very much excited after finding himself so into Jaemin and we had such a good time while working together.

Did you ever counsel about their acting?

Lee - We talked a lot on the phone when the drama was shooting. especially with Jaemin.

"I think this emotion is like this, am i right?" he asked, then i said "just do as you think" everybody was put his 100%.

It seemed that Insung and Jisup become the character itself.

Lee - the viewers think Inwook and Jisub, Jaemin and Insung as one same character. We also analyzed them that way. Obviously, they were just the characters themselves. (laugh)

Tell us about the best scenes as a script writer.

Lee - in the Ep. 7, when Inwook and Soojung having dinner together without saying anything. and in the Ep. 9, when Soojung got fired and on the corridor she was passing by inwook who saw her but pretended he didn't, and in the Ep. 20, when Jaemin got his nose red and said "i can stand anything (skip) but I just can't stand seeing you turn your back to me" with a crying voice...in this scene, insung was complete Jaemin.

In the end, Soojung confessed Jaemin that she loved him. did Soojung really love those two men?

Kim - that depends on how you feel. (after thinking) I think Soojung loved Jaemin.

But it wasn't love at first?

Kim - At first, she turned him down. because she could see how their love could end, she tried not to give her heart to him. but I think Inwook is also kinda fantasy to Soojung.

Lee - She is a femme fatale who led those to men into their ruin.

Kim - if Soojung gave Jaemin her heart from the beginning, then all the relationships had their ending more earlier.

Lee - Then, we would have a story like "lovers in Paris" (laugh)

Who got more close-up than it was planned?

Lee - if we have to pick up one, then it's Jaemin...he speaks with his money.

I think the viewers see the character in real with the character in the drama, so they think a character with no money like inwook has no power. as a scriptwriter, we intended to write about all the 3 characters with the same weight, but a character like Jaemin seems to attract female viewers.

Please tell us the work you're most attached to.

Kim - We love every works we've done, but if we have to name one, it's "a man in crisis" and "what happened in Bali"

Lee - a drama that made us keep emotions till the end remains in our heart, for a very long time, to any scripwriters or any actors...and what is amazing to us is that it's only these 2 dramas that we see the actors in private.

Originally taken from wiwi's post

you can click on it if you want to read this in Korean translated from Japanese... the English translation is also in there...

i loved WHIB for all the Jaemin and Soojung interactions..no offense to So ji Sub of cuz.I'd love to see Ha Ji Won and Jo In Sung working together again,hopefully in a much lighter romantic comedy.i still have very mixed feelings about WHIB,still cant decide what i really think about it.sometimes i feel like i really loved it ,but at times when i remembered the tragic ending,it just makes me so exasparated!i honestly have a love-hate relationship with this drama :lol: i watched it on cabel tv first,and now its airing on free Malaysian tv,so i'm watching it again.btw can anybody post the romanized lyrics and translations for the 3 main songs from the drama?i love them.

thank god HJW and JIS worked on the CFs together.tthe CFs.. kinda make me feel like i'm having a glimpse of how Sojung and Jaemin would be like had they ended up happily together. :)

Guest sunshine4ever

Anyone know which clubbox have HQ of this series?

Thanks

i posted this in page 1

Go here for WHIB

http://clubbox.co.kr/soosiroo

if you can't read korean, just click on the folder that has 21 items and it'll show up whib...i'm at school my school can't read korean text therefore can't really paste the words for you guys

good luck with downloading whib...you can go here for the English subs:

http://d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10720

Guest acestro

I love this drama. good right from the start. Never got boring for me. It moves in a fast pace too. And love the ending. I love ending with a big shock!! Suprised me big time.

Guest kangtalover1

I dont like JIS character, somehow it's annoying nd such a little boy atittude. On the other hand, I love SJS, his charcter is always so dragic. Feel like he always have to sacrifice for the girl he loves; he rather let her go so that she cn be happy eventhough he wont. Also hope that after his service hell take a role that let him not die and actully live happily everafter w/ his love one.

right on.. i saw a lot of reviews and alot of ppl were saying they love jo insung and hajiwon together. i tried feeling it when i'm watching the drama and i really don't get it. i was rooting for so jisup the whole time since he was the one with the sad history and he was much more gentle toward soojung, and he didn't force her to do anything she didn't want, he was willing to let her choose and make her own decisions. and jo insung's wining and crying were just too annoying for me to watch. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying ppl who liked joinsung are wrong, it's just difference of opinions, but i really hoped that inwook would've gotten the girl in the end, i mean he sorta did but not really, just too sad. but this drama is good. can't wait to see so ji sup back from the army and in another series, and please, give him a happy ending for a change.

Archived