[Drama 2004] What Happened In Bali 발리에서 생긴 일

Guest sunshine4ever

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Happened in Bali (WHIB) is Korean drama that I most remember the ending. The actors and actress played well. The drama are made in 2004. 

Towards the 10 years of production, I really want this drama lovers or fans of the WHIB actors share opinions, stories or post articles about the production process throughout 2004. Beginning from pre-production, broadcast, till distribution internationally. Hopefully this posting will be received nicely.

:-h :-h

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So surprised to see this post high up in the drama section.  Coincidentally i just went to re-watch the series , ultra -fast mode , to catch the exchanges bet. the 3 characters again.
Pity about the ending as i support SJS and HJW.  I thought finally SJS won the girl.  Maybe if he was killed he would have a decent chance to walk off into the sunset with her.
I wonder if the ending was a surprise ending.  Korean drama endings are never quite as drama and thoroughly tragic as that.
I'm looking out for another good drama to watch .  Can be old but good deep relationships like in WHIB.  Hard to find something like it nowadays.
Any recommendations, anyone?  
Already watching Empress Ki, Emergnecy couple, Sly and Single, Potato star.  Dun feel like watching heavy duty ones like Full Sun or recent lee bo young series though.

• 4 months later...

inner said: So surprised to see this post high up in the drama section.  Coincidentally i just went to re-watch the series , ultra -fast mode , to catch the exchanges bet. the 3 characters again.
Pity about the ending as i support SJS and HJW.  I thought finally SJS won the girl.  Maybe if he was killed he would have a decent chance to walk off into the sunset with her.
I wonder if the ending was a surprise ending.  Korean drama endings are never quite as drama and thoroughly tragic as that.
I'm looking out for another good drama to watch .  Can be old but good deep relationships like in WHIB.  Hard to find something like it nowadays.
Any recommendations, anyone?  
Already watching Empress Ki, Emergnecy couple, Sly and Single, Potato star.  Dun feel like watching heavy duty ones like Full Sun or recent lee bo young series though.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bashful

I am actually rerunning this drama now. I love JIS and HJW in here. The ending really threw me off. I do hope they will pair up again in the future for another project! 

• 7 months later...

@pandora460

thanks for the link babe. the review is awesome, and the writer is full of sense of humor. I LOL over this sentence:

"Speaking of Jae Min's parents, never have I seen actors playing the

parents and sibling of a handsome leading actor/actress look so

MONUMENTALLY different than said lead - Jae Min's parents and brother

are like Orcs who sired a Human, part of me kept waiting for the "You're

adopted!!" shoe to fall, but alas, that twist is but a figment of my

imagination"

it is so true. I'm pretty sure that

neither Jae Min's parents nor his brother carry the same genes as Jae

Min is. he is just drop dead gorgeous. haha..

I like WHIB for it

is different type of drama that not many people out there may want to

challenge. It is dark and emotionally challenging. I have the same

feeling as the reviewer had, that "WHIB is drama of the most exquisite torturous kind. I felt emotionally dirty afterwards".

I

knew the ending is going to be sad beforehand but I didn't know that

Jae Min will end up killing Soo Jung and In Wook before putting his life

to an end. I felt so miserable after that because I desperately want

Jae Min to end with Soo Jung (if they can't live together, just die

together in each others' arms. i know I am dramatic like that. LOL.).

but after a few days of serious thinking I realized, the ending couldn't

be any better. I tried to picture the happy ending but I just can't.

the twist in the storyline is already miserable from the beginning. the

pain is too much for them to bear. therefore that is the most realistic

ending.

I really enjoy reading these comments.

He really seems adopted.

• 4 months later...

WHIB...after 11 years still worthy to rewatch 

All the 4 actors -actresses showed their best acting in WHIB. 

Only at the crying scene... Jo In Sung...please don't give him a crying scene...the way he cried was funny in my oppinion. And Ha Ji Won too...don't need to cry so loud , it's not necessary, just see her tears drops has made viewers fell in deep sad. HJW was very good at show the sad expression. PHJ & SJS are perfect in both their acting and appeareance. 

The writer was ambiguous. At the earlier episodes he made Soo Jung fall in love with In Wook. Jae Min' s love is such a one side love. Soo Jung only acted to love him because she need his money. While Soo Jung & In Wook fall in love each other. But at the end...why Soo Jung said she loves Jae Min ? It's really confusing. I think the writer changes his mind to make a very tragic ending. Pheeew...I can't get it. But it's okay...still love this drama. Bitter love story, bitter life story...just like in real life.  

• 4 months later...
Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000

this drama made me crazy lol 

i love jo in sung but he was such a little richard simmons in this show. he was possessive and abusive...he was sort of like a korean christian grey. and then the ha ji won couldnt even make up her mind. for the whole time i thought she liked so ji sub. i remember watching the part when so ji sub and ha ji won were about to 'do it' but then jo in sung almost caught them. i felt so bad for jo in sung. I liked So Ji Sub's character better, he may have been boring, but he was caring and compassionate. He even took care of Ha Ji Won when she was sick!!

Too bad Jo In Sung killed Ha Ji Won and So Ji Sub :( dumb move on his part. he could've shot so ji sub and ran away with ha ji won. and it made me pissed when Ha Ji Won said she loved Jo In Sung instead...I was like 'is In Wook not enough?" 

That's the end of my rantt...

Archived