[Drama 2004] What Happened In Bali 발리에서 생긴 일

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest barneyashley

I was so in love with Ha Ji Won in Damo so I was looking for her works and I was not disappointed at all in What Happened in Bali ? In this series , Ha Ji Won - again - was so lucky to be with the most 2 talented and handsome men - Jo In Sung and So Ji Sub . Need I say more ? As these two actors are on top of their game . They played their part completely so well that you could not think of any other way .

Jo In Sung portraits Jung Je Min , a handsome ,rich , carefree , arrogant playboy who would change his partners as if he changed his daily outfits . No girls will last with him as he was not serious at all in whatever he was in or doing . He went to work just to please his father . He was rottenly spoilt by his Mom .He was in a arranged marriage with Yong Joon , a rich and pretty girl . He was half heartedly content with this marriage but he went to Bali to check her out since she went there on her own and she did not answer the phone when he called her .

Alas , he should have never gone there as YJ was actually seeing her ex-lover , Kang In Wook , who YJ had dumped to marry JJM due to money .Actually Jae Min had some feelings for Young Joo but it was crushed when he saw them together ,.

JJM met Lee So Jung , who was a tour guide for Jae Min , Young Joo and In Wook. … then the story began and for these four , their life had gone so wrong that they could not help it but to go down in the abyss that they created with love , hatred and jealousy .

At first , Jung Jae Min did not care much for Soo Jung as she was just a poor girl with no class . He only showed interests in her for the first time - when he went to the bar to talk to Kang In Wook about Young Yoo , and the three ended up hiding in an alley from the thuds . She helped him to get away and when they parted , he ran to her and took her to get her a coat . This show that he was a kind person , but he did not know how to show it but with money. He could not get her out of his mind so he came again to the bar to see her but instead , he insulted her by asking her if she also sleep with clients , and threw his business card carelessly to her then ask her to call him if she changed her mind .

He got the biggest shock for his life when she called and asked to meet with him . This scene , Jo In Sung was so cute , he was cleaning up his condo , preparing wine ready to woo Soo Jung and he even prepared of how to pose to appear cool in front of Soo Jung as he wanted to impress her badly , but she only came to borrow some money . His ego was hurt so he declined . Soo Jung was desperate so she offered to sleep with him but Jaemin coldly insulted her ( he lent her the money anyway ) but since he was mad because Soo Jung did not come to him as a woman desires for a man , she came to ask for a loan only .

I think at this time , Jaemin had seen another side of Soo Jung as he had already rejected her the second time . He wanted her but he resisted to her offers as he knew that she only wanted his money but not him as a person .

He got more interests in her when he saw that Soo Jung and Kang In Wook were neighbors when he came to look for SJ , since SJ did not call him to say thanks for the loan . He gave her a job so he could see her daily . He was happy when he did all these things for her .

I think that his love for her become obsessive when he realized that he liked her and that he wanted her all by himself .

Now the table had turned on him, as before , he was a person who had never cared much for a serious relationship , or to him love had no meaning . But now , he cared for this girl and could not stop thinking about her .He had strong feelings for her - so strong - that that you could feel it .

He confessed to his Mom that he would go crazy if he could not see Soo Jung even for a day . He tried everything that within his power just to have Soo Jung with him . He asked her to stay in his condo and showering her with all new stuffs . The night when Soo Jung moved in , he made a deal with her and crazily he kept that deal until the end . As long as she stayed at his side , he would do anything for her but marriage !!!

You should see when he walked out of that condo that night , he stood in front of the condo and asked himself - what have I done ?

When he saw she was happy , he was also happy . He also knew that Soo Jung was still had feelings for KIW , but he was so desperate in love with Soo Jung that he would do anything just to have Soo Jung by his side . He set up for her to live a gold cage and she was a priceless bird that he could see every day and that was enough for him . As long as he knew that by the end of the day , she would be there . He was upset when Soo Jung invited Mi Hee over . He did not want Soo Jung to think of In Wook period .

With all the previous relationships , none were lasted less than 3 months and yet , when it comes to Soo Jung , he treated her so nicely , he did not forced her into a physical relationship as he honored the deal that they made - just to stay by his side . As here he was , a playboy who could have any girls in his bed anytime but he could not do it to Soo Jung . He honored the deal that he promised her . Then with that promise , he’d never touched or hug her during the time she was there . He waited until Soo Jung would come to him on her own will …until the night that Soo Jung gave herself to him when Soo Jung confessed that she had been so greedy but he did not care for that . He was so happy afterwards . He touched her hair tenderly , her shoulder and happily planning out the next steps , but did not get much response from Soo Jung . He even took her home when SJ did not want to stay …

So In Jung was so good . I mean he broke down on the phone when Soo Jung called him to congratulate him with his wedding . He had to fight so hard with his feelings to not let Soo Jung know how he felt .You would have feel his heartache and his sadness fully .

He was so scared that his father would harm Soo Jung so he rather to stay away to keep her safe then to see her being hurt by his Dad . It took a lot of efforts for him to stay away from her after the wedding . He went through hell from that day onwards . He did not even let Young Jool touched him . He drowning his sorrows with alcohol and refused to go home or just sitting alone to think of Soo Jung . You can feel his pain , his anguishes of being so helpless for being under controlled by his Dad .

Many may think that he did not have a back bone to stand up or not to be able to sacrificed his good lifestyle to be with Soo Jung . But I think that it is hard for him because for his whole life , everything had been planned out for him . He had never bother with business , why should he work hard when he had everything ? All he wanted was to have a good life . He knew his Dad would harm the girl that he loved so instead of being rebelled , he would rather be a zombie than to see her being hurt . In that way , he could help her with the money that he had .

I was all for him when he begged his Dad to let him go but in the end , due to the threat , he had to lie that he was foolish again . He was walking around with a time bomb and he could not handle no more when he saw Joo Sung was kissed by In Wook . He asked Joo Sung to wait for him as now , he was ready to let go everything so he could be with her . In his own way , even though he seemed so loud and arrogant but whatever he did for SJ, he did it with love . He loved her so much but instead of saying it out loud , he used the only way that he knew , using money as he though that would be solved .

In the end , when Soo Jung left Seoul to Bali with In Woo , when Jae Min tracked them down , he stood behind a glass window and saw the two kissing together , his heart was broken into million pieces , I could understand how crazy he must have felt . His action to kill was combined after many months of being crazy with the feelings for Soo Jung . Not allow to be with her , to hold her and to see that Soo Jung was in the arm of In Wook . Did she not care much for the night that they were together ?

He could not walk away , as now he saw this with his own eyes , not by his imagination no more and it hurt even more . What would you do if you see the woman that you loved was in bed naked with your rival right from the beginning ? Jae Min had intention to end his life anyway as he had no reasons to live once he lost his love , so when he decided to kill , he did not expected the last word from Soo Jung was - I love you - how cynical it must be for Jung Jae Min , as here she was naked in In Wook’s arms and yet her last words for him were -Sarangheyo ???? How can one understand of that ?

Jo In Sung was brilliant in this role , his boyish expressions , his arrogant , his smile when he had done something for Soo Jung was well done .He got a strong rival to deal with - So Ji Sub and still ,he hold his ground very well indeed .Usually , viewers would easily choose the man but in this series , it is so hard as both were equally in every way .

Jo In Sung easily went through this as if the role was made for him and him only .

You would hate him when he treated his employees as if they were nobody , but he was born and raised up like that so he had no sympathy for any others but himself . Until the day he fell for Soo Jung . But when he tried hard to help Soo Jung , your heart would melt as in his own boyish , crazy way , he truly loved Soo Jung ….

So Ji Sub portrait as Kang In Wook . A man with few words . He was so cold and mysterious that no one can read his thoughts . In this role , it must be hard for So Ji Sub as he could not express his thoughts by saying but using only his sad eyes to express himself .

He was raised up by a single Mom . He did not like the way his Mom associated with men so he kept away . He fell in love with a rich and beautiful girl - Young Jool - but she dumped him to be married with a rich guy - Jung Jae Min . He transferred to Bali to get away from her but she came to see him one last time before the marriage .

He got all tangled up but decided to let go since Young Jool would never married a poor man like him . He went back to Seoul and worked under Jae Min . By fate , he rented a place next to Soo Jung . He then got to know about this poor girl , to understand how she had to struggle with life and starting to like her bits by bits every day .

He could not help her much but to lend her an ear and a shoulder to cry on when she was down . The relationship could have gone smoothly , he could of have a nice life with Soo Jung if Jun Jae Min was not in the picture . Kang In Wook came out of his shelf whenever he was with Soo Jung . They complimented each other . The chemistry between them was so realistic that you just had to wish for In Wook to end up with Soo Jung . But now , even though he gave up Young Jool as he realized that Young Jool just wanted to possess him but he could not get her out of his life . On one side , he had to fend off Jung Jae Min’s affection for Soo Jung and on the other hand , he had to fight with Young Jool to leave him and Soo Jung alone .

I think So Ji Sub was the best rival for Jo In Sung . He had the looks equally impressive to Jo In Sung . He was the one worth to fight for . In this role , So Ji Sub had to express himself silently with his eyes and yet he delivered it so powerful that your heart ached with him when he was mad or happy .

He loved Soo Jung in such a gentle way . Sometimes I just wondered , what happened if the night that he kissed Soo Jung and if Jae Min did not knock on the door , would he have Soo Jung then ? Because Soo Jung was ready to be with him and I doubt that she would look at Jae Min way if she was already with In Wook ?

But fate did not let In Wook have Soo Jung . He had to endure all of his jealousy and angers whenever he saw Jae Min came for Soo Jung . He was always one step too late after Jae Min , from buying her a cell phone to asking her to stay by his side . He suffered in silence and had no one to share to , even to his Mom of how he felt .

He was over the moon whenever they were together , going to a movie , sharing a meal . having a drink or teaching her playing pool . He actually smiled , which were rare as he was carefully guarding his feelings and only Soo Jung could break through that barrier with her honesty . He was happy when she told him her thoughts .

Even when he asked her to marry him repeatedly , she rejected that offer but he still patiently waiting for her to change her mind . I love it when he took care of Soo Jung when she had high fever , he sat with her and cooling her down with cold towel . It was such a sweet scene but it was then all ruined when Jae Min appeared at the front door .

He was then happy when she decided to leave Seoul to Bali with him . Then again , it was kind of bittersweet for him in the end as somehow he knew that her heart was not with him at all . He saw the sadness in her eyes and he had to bear with it … Still , he prepared to let her go and he would be there for her as always .

I found it is sad because he could have her body , but her heart had been given to Jae Min . Here she was in bed with him and her thoughts were all for Jae Min . When I saw In Wook with the lonely tears rolling down his cheeks , I was aching for him but what can you do when the one you love told you that her heart belongs to someone else .

He died with his eyes opened and his arms were still around her … Oh …but at least that he spoke out of what he thought instead of hiding inside like before .

So Ji Sub was simply awesome …He looks good in whatever he wears , from casual clothes in Bali ( doesn’t he look good in the white shirt when he sat in the bar and drowning his sorrows with a bottle of liquor ? ) or even in a white singlet after he did some push ups ? He even look to die for when he was in suit and in winter clothes when he was back in Seoul . He looks so cool when he did a round of running in the snow …. He is so COOL in look and in acting as well .

Ha Ji Won portraits as Lee Soo Jung . A poor girl with a fantasy dream of having a rich man to rescue her out of the poverty that she was in . Her life would be all right if her brother did not get into debts and he dragged her down with him ,.or her life saving would be there if her boss did not steal it . But nothing went right for her , since the day she met with the threesome Jae Min , In Wook and Young Jool .

She was rejected by JaeMin on the night that she helped him back to his room after a row with In Wook . She got cold shoulder from three of them simply because she was nobody None of them had interest in her then or not even when she came back to Seoul .

She got In Wook first interest when he moved next door to her and she spend some times with him , then gradually , the feelings were mutual both ways. She found herself attracted to In Wook with his gentleness . She could talk to him almost about anything and In Wook did not look down on her but encourage her to be herself .She could cry her soul out and yet she was so comfortable to tell him all of her dreams and he did not scold her for being so greedy .She fell in love with him but at the same time , she saw Jae Min as a way to get her out of debt , she secretly hoping that Jae Min would fall for her , that was why she was so happy when Jae Min bought her the cell phone as it was a signe that he had interests in her despite of what he said . They both look like kids with new toys . He was happy as he now could call her anytime and she was happy as her dream partly come true , she did not dare to believe it .

As this was her dream all along so when Jae Min helped her out , she was grateful to him but still , she never dream the day that Jae Min would admit openly in front of his Mom that he would go crazy if he could not see her even for one day .

He had already rejected her many times before - once in Bali and once when she came to ask for a loan and when she came to ask him where her boss was …( he hurt her feeling at those time , he made her feel so low as he declared that he had no interests in her ) ,but his actions were totally contradicted to what he said .

She then fell for him as much as he fell for her . Line , hook and sinker … All …

She had fall in love with both men as each one had their own qualities that she could not live without one another .

Jae Min was the sun forever brightening her days with his crazy ways ,

In Wook was the moon forever gentle soothed her when she was in trouble

Jae min was the fire forever loud and arrogant , In Wook was the water forever running calmly .

Jae Min was the air giving her all the things and desired her , In Wook was the earth forever stable and would always be there for her ….

There is a song by Mary Mc Gragger -Torn between two lovers which is very appropiate for Soo Jung .

Torn between two lovers … Feeling like a fool .. Loving both of you breaking all the rules …Torn between two lovers ..

Many would confused as they would not know who she went for . The truth is she was in love with both of them .She fell in love with In Wook first and a long came Jae Min with his crazy ways , she could not help it but to fall for him as he was her dream for a long time , She did not dare to hope much as Jae Min was a rich guy and an arrogant man , How could she get his attention ? In the end , she had to face reality that she could never have Jae Min as the social status was very important so she left all behind including her heart for Jae Min . Jae Min was consumed with grieves and jealousy since he could not have Soo Jung . Soo Jung could never told Jae Min of her love for him but in the end , in the most bitter way for her that she died under the hand of the person she loved most - Jae Min . Jae Min realized that , too, but it was too late for all of them ..

This is such a sad ending , but it was a good ending as none would be happy if they were alive , and I would rather see they would met in another world , may be in spirits but it is better that way . Poor Jae Min , in the end , he lost everything due to his love for Soo Jung . He was the one who had never though about love and now he was destroyed by love . A love that he longed for , fought for and he lost it all . The same for In Wook , he died because of the woman that he cared and loved for . Both of them loved Soo Jung in their own ways and we do not know who to go for as she could not live without either one of them …

I was so captivated by these actors and actress . This is a must see drama . Ha Ji Won truly shined in her roles but one thing really put me off was her wailing ,. I like her in Damo when she cried silently but it was done so effectively . I do not like the producer to ask her to wail so loud like Choi Ji Won ( I can’t stand it as it degrades the actress somehow ) .

I could not choose of who Soo Jung would go for ?? As both men loved her equally deep it did not mean that In Wook loved her more or Jaemin love her more . Each man , in their own ways , they loved her unconditionally … In return , she loved both of them . It might seems at times she was playing with both men emotions but it was not the case , she was just did not know how to deal when she knew that she was in love with both of them , how cruel isn’t it ?

The OST is great . All the songs are so good . If you happen to dl from soompi forum , you got to listen to the extra background songs that someone so kindly shared them with us You got to listen to the song - Over me - by Jean … this song is darn so right for Jae Min and In wook ‘s love for Soo Jung .

This is a long talk but I love the story lines and the acting . I could not help myself to put down my thoughts . I am glad that they had Ha Ji Won with Jo In Sung and especially , the handsome and brooding So Ji Sub …

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest barneyashley

This is the song that fits Joo Sung situation very well ... I am so in love with this series ....

> Mary Mac Gregor > Torn Between Two Lovers

There are times when a woman has to say what's on her mind

Even though she knows how much it's gonna hurt

Before I say another world let me tell you:

I love you

Let me hold you close and say these words as gently as I car

There's been another man that I've needed and I've loved

But that doesn't mean I love you less

And he knows he can't possess me

And he knows he never will

There's just this empty place inside of me

That only he can fill

Torn between two lovers

Feeling like a fool

Loving both of you is breaking all the rules

Torn between two lovers

Feeling like a fool

Loving you both is breaking all the rules.

You mustn't think you failed me

Just because there's someone else

You were the first real love I ever had

And ail the things I ever said I swear they still are true

For no one else can have the part of me I gave to you

Torn between two lovers

. . .

I couldn't really blame you if you turned and walked away

But with everything I feel inside I'm asking you to stay

Torn between two lovers

. . .

Mary Mac Gregor - Torn Between Two Lovers Lyrics

Guest chibimarukochan

lol i was looking for this thread! too bad the search function doesn't work or else it would be easier but i understand the thing about it taking up a lot of bandwidth. :(

i've read some reviews and i really want to see this drama... thanks for the clubbox link sunshine4ever. =]

Guest purpleZ

This is the COOLEST and BEST dramas ever! The acting of the cast are incredible and realistic. I LOVE Jo In Sung very much. Ha Ji Won has also become my favorite after watching this drama. It captures the characters deepest feelings so well and the music is so beautiful as well. This drama combines tragic with humor, which is nice. It already is a very tragic love story. Jae Min (Jo In Sung) being a cool stud is also a clown. He's very funny. I cried and laughed with him. Ha Ji Won is lucky to be paired up with 2 fine men. Ji Sup also acted well. But undoubtedly, this drama's favorite characters are Soo Jung (HJW) and Jae Min. They have great chemistry. Overall: great castings, storyline, cinematography, music, and so on and so on. There are too many plus points. I'm very enthousiastic about this drama. So surprised to see that this thread is not so popular among other series, which I think not as great as this drama. Although it has a sad ending, watching the casts act, how they struggle and seeing them madly in love and other things that I mentioned earlier, this drama is NOT a disappoinment at all. Not one bit. In Sung acted so very well. Not surprising that he won the best actor award, along with Ji Won as best actress.

This is an award winning drama! If you're still considering which drama to watch, this is an absolute recommendation. You won't regret it! Put aside the sad ending and enjoy the greatest story and acting there is.

Keep this thread alive!

Please post more pics of In Sung and Ji Won, links to NG's and the translated lyrics. Thank you!

I have What Happened in Bali fever going on for the last months! Especially In Sung oppa. He's a one fine man.

joinsungsig9av.jpg

Guest mieluv

wow,really nice review here.whib is my favourite.its different from other k-dramas who have many sweet scene of the lead.altough this story is from a dark side and not many sweet scene,i just love this drama.all the leads are not 100% nice or bad like other story.whib rocks!!

Guest tamia1146

i love this drama sooooo much!!i still cannot forget this drama eventhough i've watched it months ago..i think it is quite different from other dramas..i really like to watch jung jae min's love for soo jung..so deep...he'd do anything for her...omg..and i wish they're real couples in life..........jo in sung is so hot with that backpack he used to go to office and he wearing suit...he's so hot..i never really like kang in wook in here..but..yea..the ending is so depressing...it should not end that way..i guess??if i am soo jung...i already accepted him long time ago.....huuuuuuuuuuu...............i think i wanna watch it again...i luv jo in sung<333...this drama got an award??one of them..isn't it..best kiss award??awwwwwww..........yea..they're so hot!!and this drama deserved an award..rite guys??

Guest xx-outsider-xx

this was an AWESOME drama that got me hooked all the way. the characters are complicated yet it's not that hard to pretend to be in their shoes for a moment and understand what's going on coz the story itself was shockingly realistic.

but the ending ruined it all.

Guest chuck97

this was an AWESOME drama that got me hooked all the way. the characters are complicated yet it's not that hard to pretend to be in their shoes for a moment and understand what's going on coz the story itself was shockingly realistic.

but the ending ruined it all.

nope, the other actress should also be added in to the ending.

Ooh, i watched a couple episodes i thought it was interesting (:

ha ji won is a completely different person from damo though

more girly than her previous movie (duelist) and drama

Guest sonickim

a nerve cracking and mind blowing drama!!! whaaa!!such ending!!!!

but its was so amazing!! definitely a sad korean drama!!! they are so great in this kind of drama...

but Insung is such a spice ...add so much flavor in his character..especially this one!!

jinsungdroolinbali.jpg

jinsungdroolinbali2.jpg

jinsungdroolinbali3.jpg

lol... :D

Guest purpleZ

a nerve cracking and mind blowing drama!!! whaaa!!such ending!!!!

but its was so amazing!! definitely a sad korean drama!!! they are so great in this kind of drama...

but Insung is such a spice ...add so much flavor in his character..especially this one!!

jinsungdroolinbali.jpg

jinsungdroolinbali2.jpg

jinsungdroolinbali3.jpg

lol... :D

That's why I said he's a clown! :D So funny and charming as well. In Sung fever!

Guest barneyashley

Thank you Sonickim for these caps . These are classics ... You can go to this site to see NG of this scene . It is so hilarious ... and Jo In Sung is such an adorable clown - as always --

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pxsri2Y0yQk&search=jo%20in%20sung

And how about the scene that he had noodle with HJW at the billards place ? HJW could not keep a straight face when she looked at him ...

Guest khristine

it's been a year now since the first time i watched WHIB.. since then, i've rewatched it 5 times!! can u imagine that! and i still cant get over it!! it's just too good!! ;)

jaemin and inwook's love for soojung are too deep it makes my head ache who to choose between them!!

Guest alinek

yup, i watched this last year, and still love it alotttt....Jo In Sung is my fav actor now since last yr. i'm sad that he wasn't even listed in one of the threads as a popular korean actor... may be cuz he doesn't have any new drama besides Spring Day? also, that Spring Day drama is not that great, i'm still addicted to his look in What Happened In Bali. The ending of this drama is very sad, but i love and accept it as i love both male leads in this drama....

i'm watching this drama... i got to say i love it.. but at first, i was sooo pissed at HJW's character where she searched for RICH men... but i have to watch it whole first because i only watch up to episode 2. =)

i love all actors and actress, they are really doing a great job!

I've heard a lot of people saying that the ending of WHIB sucks and bababa... I watched the drama not long ago and although I admit that the ending could have been delivered/executed better (seems like it's rushing to an end), I think it wasn't unrealistic at all. I don't like HJW's character in WHIB as she was undecisive (swinging between the 2 ALL THE TIMES) of who to love/choose which ended up a total disaster, taking the lives of the three. What a lucky girl but greedy girl...

^yeah i love HJW even she's my #1 fave actress... this drama where she portayed her character is already pissed me off enough. >"<

i hate character that searching for money then love triangle.... >.<

i'm trying to get hold of this because few people saying that they inisited me to try watching it before jumping the conlusion.. i'm really TRYING.... ^^"

i like guys' characters more than HJW's... her character is beyond stupid and annoying. no offense.

Guest mpark

I started watching this drama when it came out and I would've continued to watch it, if only my friend didn't ruin the ending. But still, the ending was surprising. Really good drama...especially because Jo In-Sung is in it. ^^

Archived