So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest damifino

I was just watching Section TV, it's MBC's version of Entertainment Tonight type of show.  In the show, they have a segment where a group of 6 entertainment reporters get together and talk about a variety of entertainment issues such as who they think are going to be hot in the next year, who made the most impact the past year, etc.  This week, they decided to pick the National family... Korean representative celebrities such as representative Korea's dad, Korea's mom, etc.  They chose SJS as Korea's representative older brother :)  He's silent and tough, looks like he's going to take care of you if he were your older brother :)

Guest sara62

I said I'm rewatching MISA. But God, it's so sad. Nothing has changed even after a 6 year gap between the first time I watched it and now. Tonight I was watching ep 5. I watch it with my mom and sis so I translate for them too. Then it comes to the scene Moohyuk is lying on the ground watching the sky complaining "why Korea's sky is not as beautiful as Australia's."
Moohyuk: How would it feel to be up there?Would it be much better than here?Would it look cooler watching it from here?
Eunchae:  If you're so curious, then why don't you go?
Moohyuk: I am going. In just a while...I'll be going too.
Translating these lines were so difficult for me. I felt I was choking and couldn't talk. I wish at least I could change the ending. :(( cff4b219c061a24b42a9ad31.jpg

sirius51 said:

A Company Man Review

August 26, 2013 Isaac Feldberg

The Korean revenge thriller is a tried-and-true subgenre of modern action cinema. Movies like Oldboy and The Man from Nowhere aim to entertain and shock at the same time, with a mix of brutal fight sequences and clever narrative tricks designed to keep audiences on their toes. While A Company Man, the most recent entry in the subgenre, never reaches the same emotional heights as those instant classics, its set-up and action sequences are just about intriguing and inventive enough to make it worth watching.

A Company Man opens with a bang, as protagonist Hyeong-do (So Ji-Sub) casually discusses work with his colleague, the less-experienced Ra-Hoon (Kim Dong-Joon), before entering a building and calmly gunning down the people inside. It’s an appalling sequence, but one that sets the tone for the cold professionalism that Hyeong-do and Ra-Hoon live by – for them, assassination is just business as usual. Though they report to cubicles and answer to loud-mouthed bosses day after day, all of the employees at Hyeong-do’s ‘company’ are actually ruthless contract killers.

Though one of the best and brightest in the workplace, Hyeong-do is dissatisfied with such a brutal lifestyle. Rapidly tiring of what he sees as a dead-end job, Hyeong-do wishes for a way out of the company, away from a line of work which haunts him more with every waking moment. When he meets single mother Yoo Su-Yeon (Lee Mi-Yeon), Hyeong-do can finally imagine a future without the company, and quits. However, his employers see any retiree as a loose end and immediately send their best assassins after him. Backed into a corner and stripped of all other options, Hyeong-do unleashes a furious wave of vengeance on his former employers, determined to bring the entire company to its knees.

[...]

The other aspect of A Company Man that really works is its action. Under the keen eye of writer/director Lim Sang-Yoon, the film pulls off some truly audacious shots that send the audience hurtling over railings, through bullet holes in car roofs, and under a hail of gunfire, to name a few. Even the less inventive shots are exhilarating to watch, mostly because of Lim’s relentlessly furious pace. So and Kim are also both more-than-capable action stars, racing through the fight scenes at breakneck speeds and with an unflappable coolness that must have taken a lot of time and energy to master.

Unfortunately, A Company Man can’t maintain the same momentum during its dialogue-driven scenes, which are a surprisingly large chunk of the movie. Though So is terrific as the conflicted contract killer with a heart of gold, communicating countless emotions with a single glance, the film’s story of revenge is too derivative to stand the weight of supporting players who fail to convince us of much at all. No one else is even close to So’s level, and the film suffers in scenes where Lee or Kwak Do-Won (playing Hyeong-do’s loathsome boss Kwon Jong-tae) are called upon to act against or alongside him. They’re simply not up to the challenge, and so A Company Man repeatedly stagnates when it should excite.

[...]

With a more interesting storyline and better supporting actors to pair with its terrific action sequences and emotive leading man, A Company Man could have been more than half of a great movie. As it stands, the film is a perfectly serviceable entry in the Korean revenge thriller subgenre, but one that could have clearly been so much more. It's a movie that hits its target and can't quite manage the bullseye.

I'll have to check it myself to see whether this review did the film justice. But I'm just happy that I'm actually not being bias toward SJS :D. He is indeed a superb actor. I read some other reviews about The Company Man and in all of the reviews, he always get postive review.

I watched Ghost up until episode 5 before I stopped. I was meant to catch up with it later, if I have some more time. But those first 5 episodes weren't that great. I don't know, maybe I just need to give it some time, until the real story kick in.I'll catch up with ghost, I definitely will, for all the love I feel for SJS :D

Guest damifino

While browsing old SJS news, I came across this article which I thought was interesting.  Some of you might not know, but originally "Cain and Abel" was supposed to have aired in Feb 2008, not Feb 2009  as it eventually did.  It got delayed for various reasons.  Originally the story was supposed to be about two brothers who were separated when they were young and one becomes a cop while the other becomes a killer and there is a love triangle between the brothers and a woman.  That much I knew previously, but I never knew that they already had a cast before things got delayed.  The cast included SJS as the killer younger brother, Ji Jin Hee as the cop older brother, and Jung Ryu Won as a woman caught in between the two brothers. I recently saw "King of Dramas" and there was a lot of similarities between JRW's character in that drama with how GHJ played Tae Gong Shil in TMS and it made me wonder what it would have been like to see SJS and JRW in a drama together.

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200708/sp2007082412525058470.htm

Guest sara62

I've read about the "Cain and Abel" before. Personally, I'll watch anything and everything with Sonick regardless of the story, cast and the package. But I've always wished he would co-star top actresses. I some how can't imagine Sonick with JRW. I feel they don't go well together appearance-wise. And in case of the acting Sonick is on the higher level. In general, I think there are just few K-actresses who can be on his level. One is Ha Ji Won. Although they've worked together in WHIB, but they were still a bit raw there. I do love to see them again together on screen. The other one is Kim Suna. She's a great actress. And recently, I've discovered Jianna Jun after watching some parts of MLFAS. How I wish to see her co-starring him. I love when actresses are comfortable with their co-stars and are not stiff expressing their feelings. These three are in this category. I feel sorry to say this but except Gong Hyu Jin and Ha Ji won his other co-stars haven't been on his level at all.

sara62 said: I've read about the "Cain and Abel" before. Personally, I'll watch anything and everything with So nick regardless of the story, cast and the package. But I've always wished he would co-star top actresses. I some how can't imagine Sonick with JRW. I feel they don't go well together appearance-wise. And in case of the acting Snick is on the higher level. In general, I think there are just few K-actresses who can be on his level. One is Ha Ji Won. Although they've worked together in WHIB, but they were still a bit raw there. I do love to see them again together on screen. The other one is Kim Suna. She's a great actress. And recently, I've discovered Jianna Jun after watching some parts of MLFAS. How I wish to see her co-starring him. I love when actresses are comfortable with their co-stars and are not stiff expressing their feelings. These three are in this category. I feel sorry to say this but except Gong Hyu Jin and Ha Ji won his other co-stars haven't been on his level at all.

Vivien store taken last week at underground shopping center in Jeju-do by me.
BiW1jtLCIAA8UHU.jpg:large

I couldn't take proper snap as there's a lot of people that day and I didn't wanna look silly taking picture of an ads board.
Giordano store at Myeongdong and Coex have shin min ah and kim woo bin poster on the window, the one at Myeongdong has small posters of Ji Sub inside the store. I guess Woo Bin is now the main male model for Giordano?

Guest sara62

jihanjannah said: sara62 said: I've read about the "Cain and Abel" before. Personally, I'll watch anything and everything with So nick regardless of the story, cast and the package. But I've always wished he would co-star top actresses. I some how can't imagine Sonick with JRW. I feel they don't go well together appearance-wise. And in case of the acting Snick is on the higher level. In general, I think there are just few K-actresses who can be on his level. One is Ha Ji Won. Although they've worked together in WHIB, but they were still a bit raw there. I do love to see them again together on screen. The other one is Kim Suna. She's a great actress. And recently, I've discovered Jianna Jun after watching some parts of MLFAS. How I wish to see her co-starring him. I love when actresses are comfortable with their co-stars and are not stiff expressing their feelings. These three are in this category. I feel sorry to say this but except Gong Hyu Jin and Ha Ji won his other co-stars haven't been on his level at all.

Guest sara62

irella said: Vivien store taken last week at underground shopping center in Jeju-do by me.

I couldn't take proper snap as there's a lot of people that day and I didn't wanna look silly taking picture of an ads board.
Giordano store at Myeongdong and Coex have shin min ah and kim woo bin poster on the window, the one at Myeongdong has small posters of Ji Sub inside the store. I guess Woo Bin is now the main male model for Giordano?

sara62 said: jihanjannah said: sara62 said: I've read about the "Cain and Abel" before. Personally, I'll watch anything and everything with So nick regardless of the story, cast and the package. But I've always wished he would co-star top actresses. I some how can't imagine Sonick with JRW. I feel they don't go well together appearance-wise. And in case of the acting Snick is on the higher level. In general, I think there are just few K-actresses who can be on his level. One is Ha Ji Won. Although they've worked together in WHIB, but they were still a bit raw there. I do love to see them again together on screen. The other one is Kim Suna. She's a great actress. And recently, I've discovered Jianna Jun after watching some parts of MLFAS. How I wish to see her co-starring him. I love when actresses are comfortable with their co-stars and are not stiff expressing their feelings. These three are in this category. I feel sorry to say this but except Gong Hyu Jin and Ha Ji won his other co-stars haven't been on his level at all.

sara62 said: I said I'm rewatching MISA. But God, it's so sad. Nothing has changed even after a 6 year gap between the first time I watched it and now. Tonight I was watching ep 5. I watch it with my mom and sis so I translate for them too. Then it comes to the scene Moohyuk is lying on the ground watching the sky complaining "why Korea's sky is not as beautiful as Australia's."
Moohyuk: How would it feel to be up there?Would it be much better than here?Would it look cooler watching it from here?
Eunchae:  If you're so curious, then why don't you go?
Moohyuk: I am going. In just a while...I'll be going too.
Translating these lines were so difficult for me. I felt I was choking and couldn't talk. I wish at least I could change the ending. :((

Guest damifino

sara62 said: I've read about the "Cain and Abel" before. Personally, I'll watch anything and everything with Sonick regardless of the story, cast and the package. But I've always wished he would co-star top actresses.