So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

The following is an old Video Clip (2001/09/27) at Sandy’s Club-box.

http://www.clubbox.co.kr/box.fld/img/i_filedown.gif

Priscilla wrote:

It was a Midnight Show called “I want to see you, my friend.” Tonight’s guest: Park Yong Ha (from WLS, Loving You) and an actress (I cannot recognize her).

I don't know if that show still exists, but it was a pretty popular show where entertainers were asked, while they were on air, to call their friends (preferably other entertainers) and tell them to come out. This was in order to show which star is friend with whom. Usually, there were 2 guests (or more?) and they were both given chances to call. The guest who got more ‘friends’ to come out won.

Here was the trick. The friends were not supposed to know this, so if 'friends' did not come, everyone watching the program would think "that friend's NOT that close." (This wasn’t always true though, cuz it is usually hard for entertainers to just hang out right when your friend calls you, THAT late.) On the other hand, if that friend showed up, he/she would be 'shocked' to find that the supposed 'cafe' was filled with show host and chorus behind... with direct camera ON. I remember watching this before, and it was nice, cuz it showed some entertainers 'caught unawares' without make-up, nor proper clothing. Once, Yand Dong Gun (from ROYOW) was the guest, but none of the people he called were able to come out... ============================================

Today's Clip shows only Park Yong Ha’s parts.

Today's Clip shows only Park Yong Ha’s parts.

PYH: (low tone, looking down) For me… he’s my best friend, and he’s an entertainer too. His name is So Ji Sub…

Host: So Ji Sub!

Chorus: Woooowooo!!! (getting excited)

PYH: (laughing, surprised) You were not this excited before. What happened?!

Host: Actually, these girls they get excited whenever they hear the name of any man.

PYH: (getting serious again) But this friend… he doesn’t come out much. He’s the style that likes to stay home.

Host: So he might not come out?

PYH: But since he’s my best friend… (calling SJS)

Voice of SJS: (serious) What are you doing?

PYH: I’m at a café. What am I supposed to do here? (holding his laughter) I’m so lonely so I’m drinking ‘café’(he was supposed to say coffee but slipped, cracking up)

Voice: by yourself?

PYH: No, with Kyungsung. (still holding)

Voice: ... I’d take long if I leave now…

PYH: Really? Try to hurry anyways.

Voice: (sighing) O…K…

PYH: OK, hurry up. (chorus ‘woww!!! He hangs up) I was so nervous I said ‘I’m drinking ‘café’ (everyone’s cracking up)

Skip the other guest part====================

Host: I’m think it might be Mr. So Ji Sub who’s coming now… (camera’s focusing at the entrance) I can see through the camera… (Someone’s coming in… ????)

Chorus: Ahhhhh!!!!~ (going wild, it’s SJS! He’s wearing a hat and he’s dress down. As soon as he sees the crowd, he turns around, and leaves)

Host: (standing up trying to see if SJS really left.) Wow, I think he’s shocked.

PYH: (cracking up, and standing, hoping to see SJS coming back) Don’t tell me he’s really leaving…

Other guest: someone else’s coming in.

Host: Don’t worry, he’ll come back. Because your friend…

Friend 2: (Oh Ji Ho, Korean Actor, entering while everyone’s applauding and welcoming him.) Hello…

PYH: (phone rings and he picks up) Hello?

SJS's Voice: (serious) What is it?

PYH: Hee hee hee (cracking up, speechless)

Voice: (commanding) Come out.

PYH: What? (chorus ‘wow!!!’)

Voice: Come out!

PYH: (sheepishly) We’re on air… (noise of deep breathing on the other line) Just come in for a little while.

Voice: (sighing deep) Alright…

PYH: (after hanging up the phone) He was so shocked he ran away. (turning to his Friend 2 and shaking his hand) Hi hyung(older brother), thank you for coming in. And for not getting scared either. (they introduced each other)

Host: (to Friend 2) Is SJS also treating you as hyung?

PYH: Ji Sub doesn’t know him.

(Chorus screaming, SJS’s making the big entrance, bowing. He shakes hands with PYH who cracks up bashfully. We can only see SJS’s back, but these are the words written about what he’s thinking: “You’re dead…”)

Host: You’re friends, right? Usually, when friends come here, they go like “Hey, what’s going on?” But this time, he (SJS) went like: “You’re dead…” (everyone’s cracking up. (To SJS) So, where were you, at Mapo?

SJS: Yes, I was at Mapo.

Host: It’s past 1 am right now. If he calls you this late, could you still come out like this?

SJS: huh… he’s my one and only friend.

Host: (chorus go ‘ahhhh’) I see… your only friend. (pointing at Friend 2) How did you get to know each other?

Friend 2: I got to know him (PYH) playing basketball together. I just came because I was close by.

PYH: Hey… what? (kee kee kee) What do you mean you came just because you were around here? (everyone laughing)

Host: yes, you wouldn’t have come if you were far, right? (pointing at SJS) I feel SJS’s pretty nervous. He came in and he turned around!

SJS: It’s been a while since I’m in front of the camera. I’ve been resting for around 2 months now.

PYH: He finished a drama and he went traveling, just resting. So I haven’t called him for a while, since he’s been away. We haven’t seen each other for a long time, but now I made him come here suddenly like this, so I think he’s just nervous.

Host: I see… So how did you two become friends?

SJS: well… (everyone’s talking at the same time)

Host: This friend doesn’t even remember how they became friends (everyone’s laughing) I’m asking because I don’t think you know, really. For example, Mr Oh Ji Ho here became friend playing basketball. What about you?

SJS: I don’t really know how we became friends.

PYH: (cracking up) That’s a joke… Actually, before, during Mr. Ang’s Show… I mean Mr. Andre Kim Show…

Host: (looks :blink: ) If you say Mr. Ang… Who’s going to understand you? It’s not Mr. Im, nor Mr. Yang… Are you talking about Andre Kim?

PYH: Yes.

Host: Then, it’s Mr. Kim.

PYH: (laughing) I just call him ‘Ang’… Anyways, we met at Andre Kim’s Fashion Show, and we found out we were of the same age. But we didn’t have a chance to exchange contact numbers. But later, we met at MBC… meaning: at another production.. And we were like: “didn’t we meet before?” And we exchanged contact numbers and we became friends. But in the case of SJS, he's not spontaneous and he’s not… open-minded. And he doesn’t talk much either.

Host: Yes… mind... open. (joking) Means mind is open, right?

PYH: He doesn’t open his heart easily. That’s why I feel so good hearing from him that I’m one and only friend.

Host: Wow! So you met Mr. So at Mr. Ang’s Show, right? (to SJS) It’s good to see such young men becoming friends like that.

SJS: He was always a good friend. We could meet whenever we felt lonely, and have drinks together. (chorus ‘wow!) And I would pay for the drinks. (everyone breaks out)

Host: He says he’s a friend, but he sounds bitter. (more seriously) Now that you came, what are you feeling now? (SJS’s thinking) Tell us you’re glad you came. Your friend’s feeling sorry for you…

SJS: …hmmm… I’m glad I came (looking down to hide his face. Laughter behind, he laughs a little).

PYH: Really, Ji Sub always just says what he has to say in one word and that’s the end of the story.

Host: You must feel irritated…

PYH: What??? Oh, no… Don’t you think that’s cool? (chorus ‘Wow!!!’)

Host: Didn’t you just say he cuts his words short?

PYH: That’s cool. Even I as a man, I like that style.

Host: (in deep thought) What does that make of us??? (scratching his head) That’s why I’m saying this… We’re far from cutting the words short. Instead we say everything inside out. Explaining, turning words around. (back to SJS) What do you think, so late like this?

SJS: Honestly, I was a little shocked….

=======Last scene

PYH: he bought me lots of drinks, and we spent lots of money together, and that’s how we became closer.

Host: Wow… it’s been so long since we made a man out of this program! (laughter. Final greetings)

The END==========================

(Translated by Priscilla)

Guest ramcee

The following are from My First MV. Probably scanned from a photobook published along with the M/V. Here're more from JisubForever.

The links are for the enlarged pics. Please click to view, or just to save right away without the process, please right-click and select 'save target as...'.

haruki01.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki01.jpg

haruki02.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki02.jpg

haruki03.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki03.jpg

haruki04.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki04.jpg

haruki05.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki05.jpg

haruki06.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki06.jpg

haruki07.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki07.jpg

haruki08.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki08.jpg

haruki09.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki09.jpg

haruki10.jpg

http://img4.picsplace.to/img4/7/haruki10.jpg

posted by Lunette @ Hotelier2002, credits: cafe.daum.net/jisubforever

Prisici's review on "1000 years love".

Posted in HOTELIER2002.com

OK, here's my review on "1000 Years Love." It's been sooo long ago, I am just going with my 'gut' feelings right now. In other words, forgive me if I make mistakes. And surely, I understand why Eloise says 'it's really bad.' Back in the days it was being aired, it was making headlines for being a messy show, with messy plot & messy casting... but with OK ratings. Me too, I kept asking myself 'why' as I continued watching (without FF button), and having a good laugh at it. Why??? I guess I had nothing better to do back then?

1. Short summary: Looooong, long time ago, there was a beautiful princess(Song Yuri) who was fiesty and smart. But her father had too many enemies, who were plotting to destroy this kingdom, especially this guy played by Kim Namjin. The princess fought till the end to save that kingdom. Surrounded with betrayers, there was one loyal servant, the General Ari (So Ji Sub), who stood by her till the end... actually, he dies for her. Seeing her lover die before her eyes, she jumps off the cliff...

But instead of dying, she is transported to modern era, wearing her exact clothes. Here, she meets SJS again, but instead of the valiant warrior, he is a jobless fashion designer with no life. And oh no!!! She meets the modern Kim Namjin too, transformed into a rich and powerful man. The interesting thing is that, according to the plot, these 2 characters are actually the re-incarnation of those ancient enemies (but they don't know it). And they think the princess' out of her mind. Regardless, the princess tries to lean on the jerk played by SJS, and misstrust the 'manly' KNJ character. And slowly, both men falls in love with the 'crazy' princess.

The plot gets more complicated later on, when KNJ's mother appears, a Japanese woman, looking for some 'secret relics.' She knows a secret regarding a princess wearing a magic necklace... This lady is out to get that princess and her necklace to preserve the history of Japan and its puppet Korea.

2. Ratingwise, it wasn't bad (around 22% range?). This drama was competing agains a historical drama, the boring type in my opinion but one of those that the senior population watches anyways. But after a few episodes, News reported that "1000 Love" beat up old fashioned historical drama. Other News kept reporting the irony that even though this drama is being bombarded with criticism, people still watches: and this even started new fashions and speech trends. Articles after articles wondered why.

Remember, Song Yuri had LOTS of fans from the time she was a singer. And the new attraction in this drama was Kim Namjin, a new kid in the block who was a super model: female audiences were drooling for him. SJS had his followers too, of course, but his 'jerk' character wasn't helping him in gaining new converts. (Strangely though, I liked him there )

3. As we mentioned earlier, this was written by the same writer of WHIB. I don't think he's my type of a writer, but we can say he is 'clever' enough to put much psychological twists into his characters and to dare do the unthinkable. His characters are 3 dimentional, so we cannot classify them as just 'good' and 'bad.' Looking back at this drama from that perspective, I can 'feel' that potential was there, the challenge to go beyond the norm and make a 'different kind of drama.'

But it failed big time. To be fair, it was fun to watch (the ratings says it all), like a cartoon movie, or a light comedy. But the 'psychological' tension wasn't there. OK, OK... I'll get to my point. Song Yuri ruined it for everyone. Granted she didn't have acting experience, and that she was trying hard... But hey, she was THE HEART of the drama, the central figure that was supposed to 'draw' all other characters to herself! Yet she could not portray all the vast psychological tension she should have gone through had she really jumped 1000 years and had she found herself an alien in a land where even her lover doesn't recognize her. Imagine MISA with a Moohyuk who couldn't act... It wouldn't matter if Lim Soo Jung is great, with a weak Moohyuk... That would have ruined the entire drama. This is what happened in "1000 Years Love."

(Ha haa! In an interview back then, they asked SJS: "Is Song Yuri a good actress?" He said his laconical "Yes," that made both reporter and Yuri wanting him to expand. So under the pressure, he said: "well... at least she knows how to cry." )

As for the other guy, Kim Namjin, even though so many women were for his 'macho' character, I couldn't care less. For me, he was like a stick delivering his lines... The only thing that kept me going was SJS (I repeat, I wasn't his fan back then!!!). I kept on thinking of Ari the warrior, and how different this modern jerk was, and how he will change, as his 'inner potentials' are slowly being revealed. I'm not sure if it was ever revealed completely, because we continue seeing his 'cowardice' even till the last episode, but I thought tis was cuuuute!!!

4. SJS was the only good thing (for me) in the drama. Other articles reported that SJS was the only veteran in this drama, surrounded by newbies. In one, SJS said that he was going to 'destroy' himself so that Kim Namjin's character may blossom more. I thought he did that well, distracting the viewers attention, not drawing it to himself but letting the 'newbie' get all the attention. But I 'paid' attention to him... and I remember reading another article where the writer said he was surprised that the audience paid so much attention to Kim Nam Jin's character instead. And that he himself had made a discovery, he was happy to find a true actor in SJS. It was thus that SBS granted him the Best Actor's Awards that year.

So watch this if you are bored, and have nothing better to do, but if you are a SJS's fan, I think you should... to see a 'completely' different side. Maybe you won't go gaga over this guy In Chul, but you may go "ha haaa!!" over him...

Before closing, I was going to compare "1000 Love" with WHIB but tis too long already... and long articles do run the risk of being put in the 'overlooked' track. Must leave this for another time!

Guest ramcee

[NEWS] Fans Excitement Over The “Last Program For SJS.”From SJS Café, News Section, Article #2534

Posted on March 3rd, 2005

SJS’s mini-documentary is drawing the attention of TV viewers. This was aired on the 2nd of this month, in SBS “Kim Seung Hyun and Jung Eun Ah’s Good Morning Show," where it showed facets of So Ji Sub right before his enlistment. It showed clips from SJS’s Fan Meeting, clips from a CF, picture taking moments in Japan (for his photo-album), personal interview, etc.

What drew most attention was the behind the scenes stories of “I’m Sorry I Love You” (a.k.a. MiSa) and his personal interview.

While talking about SJS, one cannot ignore “MiSa.” Especially the Moohyuk style shown in “MiSa,” which highlighted his hidden charms, even though he confessed that he felt uncomfortable with that look. Since this was not his everyday wear, he was afraid he might have ‘overdone’ it. Besides, he was shocked at his own extreme transformation.

In one occasion, they showed the scene where he was singing the Korean Anthem, which was chosen as one of the best “MiSa” scenes. He said that originally, he was supposed to sing a pop song instead. But he hesitated, thinking it was more important that he shows ‘emotion’ there, instead of just singing well. In the end, he agreed with the writer to sing the Korean Anthem.

The personal interview was fascinating. SJS is famous for keeping himself, his personal life, and his family out of the public’s eyes. He spoke about that saying that he feels uncomfortable to expose his family, and that he doesn’t like it.

During the interview, he revealed his ambition towards acting. Instead of getting introduced as a model or a show entertainer, he would prefer to be called an actor or an artist.

He who showed so much interest in acting, confessed that during his drama debut “Model” he really bad. Working among great superstars such as Han Jae Suck, Jang Dong Gun, Kim Nam Joo, and others, he was just too busy memorizing the scripts. But he is now showing more confidence in his acting skills as he says he can feel the charm of acting.

In addition, the program showed clips of SJS swimming, and clips from his Semi-Nude photograph session, which made the audiences go wild. So much so that the TV Station Free Board section was filled with viewers comments stating their sadness for SJS’s departure, and their standing ovation for the SJS they were getting to know.

“Today’s program was great. 1 hour wasn’t enough but I was still glad I got to see the honest side of SJS, and his multi-faces. (kingeye1123)

“I was getting upset at the thought that I won’t be able to see a good actor for 2 years, but I was comforted to see him at the TV Special.” (smaptaku)

More than anything, SJS wants to be called an actor. Just like so many of his fans are hoping for, we should all expect to see him come back in 2 years as a more matured actor.

So Ji Sub, on the 28th of last month, got enrolled in Kyung Kee Do’s Public Service, Department 30, and he started the 4 weeks training.

[TV reporter Jin Jung Geun] gagoram@yahoo.co.kr

Translated by PRISCILLA

Guest ramcee
Guest ramcee
Guest r3bells

bscap0040xf.jpg

bscap0055iq.jpg

snowhite onni... im izzat2.... hehehhe...::waving:: :lol::lol:

izzat u izzat2??

muekekekekek~~~

tadak keroja

tidoq la wei...

esok nak posa!!

Guest ShadyzLady

Prisici's review on "1000 years love".

Posted in HOTELIER2002.com

OK, here's my review on "1000 Years Love." It's been sooo long ago, I am just going with my 'gut' feelings right now. In other words, forgive me if I make mistakes. And surely, I understand why Eloise says 'it's really bad.' Back in the days it was being aired, it was making headlines for being a messy show, with messy plot & messy casting... but with OK ratings. Me too, I kept asking myself 'why' as I continued watching (without FF button), and having a good laugh at it. Why??? I guess I had nothing better to do back then?

1. Short summary: Looooong, long time ago, there was a beautiful princess(Song Yuri) who was fiesty and smart. But her father had too many enemies, who were plotting to destroy this kingdom, especially this guy played by Kim Namjin. The princess fought till the end to save that kingdom. Surrounded with betrayers, there was one loyal servant, the General Ari (So Ji Sub), who stood by her till the end... actually, he dies for her. Seeing her lover die before her eyes, she jumps off the cliff...

But instead of dying, she is transported to modern era, wearing her exact clothes. Here, she meets SJS again, but instead of the valiant warrior, he is a jobless fashion designer with no life. And oh no!!! She meets the modern Kim Namjin too, transformed into a rich and powerful man. The interesting thing is that, according to the plot, these 2 characters are actually the re-incarnation of those ancient enemies (but they don't know it). And they think the princess' out of her mind. Regardless, the princess tries to lean on the jerk played by SJS, and misstrust the 'manly' KNJ character. And slowly, both men falls in love with the 'crazy' princess.

The plot gets more complicated later on, when KNJ's mother appears, a Japanese woman, looking for some 'secret relics.' She knows a secret regarding a princess wearing a magic necklace... This lady is out to get that princess and her necklace to preserve the history of Japan and its puppet Korea.

2. Ratingwise, it wasn't bad (around 22% range?). This drama was competing agains a historical drama, the boring type in my opinion but one of those that the senior population watches anyways. But after a few episodes, News reported that "1000 Love" beat up old fashioned historical drama. Other News kept reporting the irony that even though this drama is being bombarded with criticism, people still watches: and this even started new fashions and speech trends. Articles after articles wondered why.

Remember, Song Yuri had LOTS of fans from the time she was a singer. And the new attraction in this drama was Kim Namjin, a new kid in the block who was a super model: female audiences were drooling for him. SJS had his followers too, of course, but his 'jerk' character wasn't helping him in gaining new converts. (Strangely though, I liked him there )

3. As we mentioned earlier, this was written by the same writer of WHIB. I don't think he's my type of a writer, but we can say he is 'clever' enough to put much psychological twists into his characters and to dare do the unthinkable. His characters are 3 dimentional, so we cannot classify them as just 'good' and 'bad.' Looking back at this drama from that perspective, I can 'feel' that potential was there, the challenge to go beyond the norm and make a 'different kind of drama.'

But it failed big time. To be fair, it was fun to watch (the ratings says it all), like a cartoon movie, or a light comedy. But the 'psychological' tension wasn't there. OK, OK... I'll get to my point. Song Yuri ruined it for everyone. Granted she didn't have acting experience, and that she was trying hard... But hey, she was THE HEART of the drama, the central figure that was supposed to 'draw' all other characters to herself! Yet she could not portray all the vast psychological tension she should have gone through had she really jumped 1000 years and had she found herself an alien in a land where even her lover doesn't recognize her. Imagine MISA with a Moohyuk who couldn't act... It wouldn't matter if Lim Soo Jung is great, with a weak Moohyuk... That would have ruined the entire drama. This is what happened in "1000 Years Love."

(Ha haa! In an interview back then, they asked SJS: "Is Song Yuri a good actress?" He said his laconical "Yes," that made both reporter and Yuri wanting him to expand. So under the pressure, he said: "well... at least she knows how to cry." )

As for the other guy, Kim Namjin, even though so many women were for his 'macho' character, I couldn't care less. For me, he was like a stick delivering his lines... The only thing that kept me going was SJS (I repeat, I wasn't his fan back then!!!). I kept on thinking of Ari the warrior, and how different this modern jerk was, and how he will change, as his 'inner potentials' are slowly being revealed. I'm not sure if it was ever revealed completely, because we continue seeing his 'cowardice' even till the last episode, but I thought tis was cuuuute!!!

4. SJS was the only good thing (for me) in the drama. Other articles reported that SJS was the only veteran in this drama, surrounded by newbies. In one, SJS said that he was going to 'destroy' himself so that Kim Namjin's character may blossom more. I thought he did that well, distracting the viewers attention, not drawing it to himself but letting the 'newbie' get all the attention. But I 'paid' attention to him... and I remember reading another article where the writer said he was surprised that the audience paid so much attention to Kim Nam Jin's character instead. And that he himself had made a discovery, he was happy to find a true actor in SJS. It was thus that SBS granted him the Best Actor's Awards that year.

So watch this if you are bored, and have nothing better to do, but if you are a SJS's fan, I think you should... to see a 'completely' different side. Maybe you won't go gaga over this guy In Chul, but you may go "ha haaa!!" over him...

Before closing, I was going to compare "1000 Love" with WHIB but tis too long already... and long articles do run the risk of being put in the 'overlooked' track. Must leave this for another time!

interesting..

im watching this series right now and gawd, i cant believe that peeps were drooling over Kim NamJin's character back then.. i really cant find any thing 'special' about him nor his character. :mellow:

i finished watching MISA about 2 weeks ago and i just go crazy over jisub.. and now that im watching TYOL makes me love him more. coz its just soo diff from MISA but he pulled it of really well. he's such a great actor. :)

btw, do u know a site where i can find some screen caps for this drama?

i really love InChul's style... hehehe! :wub:

Guest ramcee
Guest ramcee

interesting..

im watching this series right now and gawd, i cant believe that peeps were drooling over Kim NamJin's character back then.. i really cant find any thing 'special' about him nor his character. :mellow:

btw, do u know a site where i can find some screen caps for this drama?

i really love InChul's style... hehehe! :wub:

hi Shadyzlady! :)

theres a thread for TYOL... http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2806..

there arent a lot of caps in there yet.. we will still be posting more.. specially In Chul and his fashion style that we love so much :D

Nice to see you here!

Guest ramcee
Guest eyecatcher_1

hi everyone :)

its my 1st time to post here at jisub's thread. :D i miss him lots! :wub:

thanks for all the pics & clips that you shared.

im done watching Thousand Years of Love.. great job by Jisub & NamJin. im not very much affected with sung yuri's acting though.peacepeace. but the series is great! hehe....

Ari! :wub: