So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Magazine In Style March/2005

instyle05031.jpg

I don’t just settle down in one place

Like a horse tied to a race track, with a jockey saddled over him, choked by such destiny, that’s how So Ji Sub felt until now, running with a rebellious spirit within. It’s been 10 years since he slowly started to gather up the public’s attention. He had been well disguised by the characters he had played in the past, yet the time for true horsemanship seems at hand. He is preparing to display a new card right now. He had been only contemplating the top of the mountain till now, but now he has become a fearless mountaineer who knows no limits. He is already marking his next steps.

Photographed by Jun Woo Lee editor EunAh Roh

instyle05034.jpg

“In my life, acting is not everything, nor is it the end for me. Two years after my début, I felt this didn’t go with my personality, so I wanted to give up. But that would have meant that I would give up halfway. If a time comes when I’d feel I’ve done my best without regrets, then I would leave without looking back.”

The rest are description of his wear.

TRANSLATED by Priscilla

from SJS’s Café, News Section, Article #117

Posted on 2003/02/23

[[so Ji Sub]] STAR STORY 1

[1] From Professional Swimmer to Model

My quiet childhood years. “Ah! A barely remembered love triangle”

I was born on November 4th, 1977, in Nam Yong Dong, Seoul. That means, 23 years ago. Wow, how fast time flies.

I had milky white skin on top of my chubby face during my childhood, and I was so quiet people thought I was a girl. This might be the reason I was told I was liked by many older women in my neighborhood.

I attended Pre-School in AhnYang, where I continued to be very quiet. Even so, I had a love story to tell. There was a love triangle among a girl I liked and a girl who liked me. Ha ha.

I remember dating, just like in the movie <Little Love Story>, in quiet but beautiful ways. Whenever I went to the construction area, there were many large pipes big enough for us kids to go inside. That became our hideout. I used to play hide & seek and other such games with a girl I liked. I wonder what she’s doing right now.

I also remember a funny incident during my Pre-School’s Arts & Crafts class. During that class we played puppet games, and at the end, I had to piggy-back my partner, but as I was doing it, I fell “koong!” flat in my face. Back then, I was short and skinny, but my partner was a girl larger than I.

I was very quiet even during my elementary years. I was one of those easily to forget kids. I went to school in Seoul till my 2nd grade, and then I transferred to In Chon’s SinKwang’s Elementary School in my 3rd year. I started swimming then. Since I didn’t eat much, my mother thought I might eat more if I exercised. But not long after I started training, I went to a swimming competition where I ended in 3rd place.

I’ve been swimming since my elementary school years. “Since I cannot be the champion, I might just as well quit.”

Like I said before, I started swimming because my mother felt I would start eating more if I exercised, and thus gain some weight.

At first, I too enjoyed swimming for the thrill of competition. But after 2 years of doing the same mechanical stuffs, I started to get bored. When I was in 5th grade I experienced the worst. I didn’t want to swim so badly I lied to the coach. I told him my parents didn’t want me to swim any more so I was going to quit. But the coach found out I lied and he beat me so hard I thought I would die. Thus, I continued swimming because ‘I had no choice.’ But luckily, whenever I competed, I ended up among the finalists.

After this, I transferred to Inchon’s “Kwang Sung Middle School,” which is famous for its swimming classes. From then till High School, I was always a team captain. If you think of a team captain, you would think of someone beating up the ‘hoobaes’ (younger students), but I couldn’t do that. Because I was a weakling, I let my classmates take the rod, and I would instead scold by words.

I started my professional training only after I entered High School. That also only for a short time during my 1st year of High School and more seriously in my 3rd year, as I was preparing for college. I do remember winning 1st place during the opening for National Competition back then.

However, after this, I could not get in first place. There were weekly competitions, during which I classified for the finals but I could never be the champion. Even after entering the Korean National Sports University, the story repeated by itself. So I thought: “Since I cannot be the champion, I might just as well quit." And since I’d already been working as a model since my Senior of High School, I could quit without remorse. Thus, during my Sophomore year, I went to my professor and told him I wanted to quit. After this, I ‘ran’ away.

At first, I turned down the offer to become an actor. But the more I act, the more I feel its charm.

During my Senior in High School, I became a model for a clothing Catalogue. This is how I debuted as an entertainer.

Back then, I was a die-hard fan of Kim Sung Jae, singer of Duece Group. I had found out a men’s wear manufacturing company was looking for people willing to pose as back stage models behind Kim Sung Jae. So I applied. I had felt this might be a memorable experience before graduating from High School, and that if I got in, I would have earned some spare money for myself. The funny thing was that in order to apply, I needed to send a photo of myself wearing clothes from that brand, but since that brand was too expensive, I couldn’t buy them. I had to borrow the clothes from a friend of mine instead.

But as soon as I sent out the application form, Sun Jae ‘hyung’ went up to heaven. I was so sad I forgot I had even applied. Yet soon after, I received a notice informing me that I had passed the first preliminatories. Right now, I’m a robust 182 cm 80 kg. But back then I was a very skinny 181 cm 68 kg. Then I passed the second selection part. A week later, I went to Japan to begin shooting for the catalogue. There was another model chosen with me. He is none other than (Song) Sung Hun ‘hyung.’ This means my friendship with Sung Hun ‘hyung’ is already 7 years old.

The modeling job that began like this was continued even after I entered college. Then one day, while eating at a restaurant in “Abgoojungdong,” I was approached by SBS TV producer Lee Kang Hoon, who offered me a part in his drama. This is my debut drama <Model>. My character was ‘Hyun Kyung Chul,’ (Kim) Nam Joo’s younger brother and a successful model as well.

Actually at first, I turned down the offer. I was enjoying modeling, but I had no confidence in acting. I argued a lot with a manager who was trying really hard to persuade me. But once I started, I felt the charm of acting. Swimming was the only thing I knew how to do well my entire life. So to me, this “taking on different roles” felt like something wonderfully new and charming.

After the drama <Model> I was offered to work for MBC TV <Three Men and Three Women> sitcom and to be an MC in a Music Show Program.

Translated by Priscilla

**************************************************************************************

Hello luckycarrie, miss you too~~

Guest debbii

i love sjs!!

my first drama that i ever watched was glass slippers.. and he was in it!

it was realli good! =D now im watching MISA.. loving it!

an old posting on WHIB in Soompi by Faye: (reposted by Thunderbolt in Hotelier2002.com)

May contain spoilers

QUOTE(Faye @ Aug 11 2004, 02:25 AM)

Why do I like So Ji Sup's Kang In Wook?

From the beginning, we know that KIW is a poor and misfortunate guy. His sweet heart told him that she could not marry him but would still want to continue the relationship with him. How bad can that be ? Your lover told you that 'Sorry honey, I am gonna marry another guy, who is richer and compatible with my family background. But honey, don't you worry. I don't love him. We can continue the way we are and you can still be my lover.'

So KIW tried to get away from the situation and worked for the company in Jakarta (??) and only to find out that his lover came to look for him again. And in Bali, he came face to face with the guy she was going to marry, a rich, egoistic, spoilt and rude guy ! How angry can you be ? How belittled can you be ? How miserable and sad can you be ?

Oh, I feel the pain of KIW.

KIW is nothing but a guy who lost his love and here he is, trying to face the fact and yet the fact is against him.

As an employee back to Seoul's office, if you are appreciated by another department boss, are you not excited ? Wait, there must be a catch here. This department boss happened to be JM's older brother and he asked me to keep an eye on JM, every move, every act, every little winny bit of details... to report to him and watch him.

Ahh... what a wonderful thing. KIW can revenge on JM now. He has the backing of JM's brother and he can stand against this good for nothing, spoilt and crazy boss !

And KIW did. He stood high and tall against JM who is actually taller than him. What is better, YJ, JM's wife, still loves him.

But fate is really funny.

There comes a gal by the name of Lee Soo Jung and she lived next door. She is so pitiful and not unlike KIW. She poured out her heart to him and she seemed to be nice. KIW gradually opened up to her in return. Althoug SJ can not help him in anyway or bail him out while he was jailed, SJ is really the kind of gal KIW likes. KIW starts from pity, to sympathy to protecting and loving SJ. This gal is perfect for him and KIW loved SJ.

KIW is intelligent, hardworking and self disciplined man. He is a man with few words and full of self complex. Parents divorsed. Mother mingled with other man. Not rich nor influential. No friend. No money to do anything big. He keeps all his feelings to himself. When he speaks, he voice is low but manly. He is handsome too even though he is quiet and cool.

He also has a heart of fire. He defends the weak and fights the bad. But he is not really an outstanding man. When it comes to the woman he loves, he will stand tall and fight and defend her. He is not afraid of danger nor is he timid and hide. He will charge forward and protect his love.

I don't like the fact that he went scheming with JM's older brother. It was morally wrong. But, in a society when the rich gets power and plays all the game, why can't KIW join the game and be one of the players ? Why must he be one being prey on ? I shouted for joy when I watched with wonder that it was JM's brother who was cheated by KIW instead of him getting rid of KIW. Ohh... KIW, you are equally cunning and deceitful. The dark side of the character was drawn out by the fact that he needs to fight these evil people around and protect himself. If he does not act, he will be destroyed by them. Instead of being destroyed, better he destroyed them.

SJS's KIW is simply natural. While I watched the drama, I did not realize that SJS is KIW, or KIW is SJS. To me, they are the same person. I like how he treats SJ when he patiently waited for her to reply when he asked her something. He can be so patient and tolerant with her. He also knows very clearly what he wanted and waited if he needed to. His gentleness comes naturally when he speaks to his mother and SJ. His bitter chuckle and crooked smile are so charming. His quiet character gives him a sense of mystery that you want to know him better and draw you near to him. And his long and slender fingers give you the feeling that these are the hands of a lady, not a man who fights.

Frankly, SJS is not fantastically handsome. But his KIW is a man with simplicity, quiet yet complex personality. He probably does not catch your attention immediately but he will gradually catch you as you continue to watch him. I was first drawn to the character of KIW and then slowly, SJS's acting of this character. In the end, I think SJS = KIW in the drama. What can you say to that ?

** shrug shoulders **

Hmm... I shall just put my hands together and clap for So Ji Sup's acting in a character called Kang In Wook.

Guest sophia76

Ji Sub's swim scene from Can't live without robbery movie

http://jsforever01.x-y.net/old/dodook_swim.asf

(credit to Saturn)

Wow!! :lol:

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200501/19/200501191134561361_s.wmv

From ETN ~ Entertainment News

Dated: January 15th(?),.2005

WR: Woman Reporter

MR: Man Reporter

MR2: Man Reporter 2

MR3: Man Reporter 3

N: Narrator

WR: At this time, we are reporting on the latest of So Ji Sub.

After the drama “I’m Sorry I Love You”

So Ji Sub is at the peak of his popularity.

He has just had another fan-autograph meeting.

(MR: Yes, that’s right) We will go there now.

CHANGE OF SCENE: SJS’s fan-autograph meeting

MR: We’ll talk as we watch. (WR: Yes)

N: The charming SJS, who received much love after the drama

“I’m Sorry I Love You” (MR: This is SJS’s Van)

has opened a fan-autograph session.

FOCUS: So Ji Sub

SJS: Hello, this is SJS. Greetings to everyone from ETN viewers.

CHANGE OF SCENE: getting out of the Van

N: This is the first time we see SJS after the drama ended, and he looked really healthy.

MR: He wears lots of hats. (MR2: Yes)

N: In order to meet his fans he retouched his hair.

CHANGE OF SCENE: at the hair salon

SJS: Ah, I practiced a lot.

CHANGE OF SCENE: on the highway

MR2: He’s not wearing the type of make up he wears while acting.

N: This is Suh Chung Joo, where they’re having the fan-autograph meeting.

MR: That means he’s wearing lighter make up, right? For the autograph session.

(MR2: Yes) They went down there?

(N: The streets are packed.) Wow, amazing.

MR2: The theme of the signatures was “I’m Sorry I Love You.”

(N: He was very popular starting from young people to married women.)

MR: Mr. Jisub has really lots of sunglasses.

When he comes golfing, sometimes he wears straw hat of Greg Norman style.

SJS: (Written: How are you spending your time lately?)

Lately, I’m making up for all the missing sleep, and the missing exercise.

I’m doing lots of both.

CHANGE OF SCENE: Misa scenes….

MR: Don’t you think he lost weight?

(N: “I’m Sorry I Love You” made headlines while it was being aired.)

MR2: And he looks a bit tanned too…

MR: He recently traveled abroad. (MR2: I see)

(N: Especially, SJS who became the warm Cha Moo Hyuk,

received lots of love from female fans.)

WR: For me, all I can think of is that he’s good looking. He’s really charming.

MR: This is a scene from the drama? (WR: Yes) There's that tough side in him.

SJS: (written: Is there any character you’d like to play?)

If I were to pick a movie role, I’d like to play a real villain.

In a drama, many people want me to play a rich guy, so I'm still thinking.

CHANGE OF SCENE: with fans

Fan1: (showing her stuffed doll with SJS’s photo) So Dol Choo's here too.

MR: So Dol Choo? (N: It's their nickname) It must be a nickname the fans made up? (MR2: yes)

Fans: The ramen scene!! (was the best)

N: Testifying of the undying love of the fans, too many people came,

and the long line was unending.

MR: We just mentioned So Dol Choo, but So Gan Ji's another of his nickmanes. Gan Ji means 'charming' in Japanese, a meaningful name indeed.

N: As soon as SJS appeared, the fans yelling reached the sky.

CHANGE OF SCENE: giving the autographs

N: Not only did he sign, but he also gave as present to his fans mobile chains with his own photograph in there.

MR: Those kind of gifts are given by the agency, right? They're not prepared by him?

MR2: Yes, I'd think they had prepared this in advance?

MR: Someone was saying: “Wow, entertainers have so much money!”

(N: The fans who came to see their star were all together nervous and excited)

MR2: Could it get better than this?

WR: Of course she’d be happy!

MR: (Portrait of SJS’s on screen) Wow, nice body! The portrait of his nice body is out.

MR2: (Fan: Gonichiwa) A Japanese fan!

N: There were people who came to see him all the way from Japan. These are presents given by his fans. The box where he kept the gifts was overloaded.

SJS: (written: Which scene do you remember most from MISA?) By all means, the scene where he’s eating the ramen prepared by his mom, that one’s still in my mind.

CHANGE OF SCENE: ramen scene

N: This is SJS's pick on BEST SCENE. Many people shed tears watching this scene.

MR: Miss Park Doolseon, to you, he looks hot even when he’s eating ramen, doesn’t he?

WR: Of course. The way his hands trembles, that in itself is touching.

MR: For me, he looks so pitiful. The writer must have been satisfied.

MR2: This feels totally different than the ramen eating CF. That is so tasty but

They say he had around 20 ramens.

WR: While watching this, you need complete silence.

SJS: (from Misa scene) In my next life, I want to be born as your son again. But then, I will be a very good son that you can be proud of…

SJS: (written: What are you planning on doing next?)

I’m still unsure of my next move, but I will try my best to let you know as soon as possible. So do wait just a little.

CHANGE OF SCENE: autograph session

N: At the autograph session, in spite of the chilling weather,

over a thousand people showed up, making this a big event.

We witnessed once again SJS’s popularity.

Voice: Happy New Year! (SJS bows back in greeting)

SJS: (written: to all viewers…) I thank you for loving “I’m Sorry I Love You” so much, and although I’m late, I wish you a blessed New Year.

Keep yourself healthy and be happy. I really thank you.

CHANGE OF SCENE: Back at the ETN STUDIO

WR: Yes, now that I’ve seen Mr. SJS my heart’s warmed up and I’m so happy. I want to send this kind of love messages. (hand sign of heart shape, smiling from ear to ear) Did I overdo it? Regardless, I like Mr. SJS a lot.

We hear there’s more news on Mr. SJS? ~that he’s leaving to Japan?

MR3: Yes, starting on the 21st, since singer Jo Sung Mo is returning after two years, with his 6th album entitled “Noonmoolree Nayo.” So he’ll be going to Japan in order to film the Music Video. His partner is non other than Lover’s in Paris’ Miss Kim Jung Eun. The MV is said to be like a Hong Kong movie, an action mellow. It’s planned to be beautifully shot, so I would think that both KJE and SJS will show us emotionally loaded acting.

MR: Filming will start tomorrow?

MR3: Today.

MR: I heard something about their concept.

It’s about gangster’s loyalties, their friendship and betrayal.

Through this, there’s the extreme but forbidden love. A love towards a woman.

I heard the cost of filming was 700 million… I don’t know if this is true though.

I’ll find out after watching.

Mr. SJS is preparing for other events in Japan?

The other day, Miss Lee Hyo Ri, who’s now acting in Leaf Clover, said that she

learned a lot by watching SJS’s acting. She made headlines when she said this.

MR2: That’s right. Miss Lee Hyo Ri, regarding cry acting,

said that in “Lovers in Paris…” no, at “What Happened in Bali,”

which is another drama with SJS, she said about the crying acting of So Ji Sub,

Ha Ji Won, and Jo In Sung; that she didn’t just watch the drama,

but she monitored the acting, and the scene we just watched of “I’m Sorry I Love You,” the ramen scene, she was so touched by that scene…

we are watching this right now…

she said that she was going to grill and swallow such acting.

WR: The crying acting of Mr. SJS did not just come overnight.

I would think this came after lot, lot, lots of work.

Actor Shingoo is said to have complimented a lot on SJS’s hard working ethic.

M3: Veteran actors hardly give praise to younger actors.

There’s the generational gap and other things.

In the case of Mr. Shingoo, he’s known to be a very fearful sunbae (older veteran). But while doing “I’m Sorry I Love You,” he said of the much younger So Ji Sub that, putting his good acting aside, he works so hard day and night it was a very good sight, and that he was very proud of this hoobae (younger co-worker). SJS's colleagues usually praise him nonstop, but to have such an experienced veteran, and an older man, to praise him like that, that says a lot of SJS’s hard working ethic.

I think that’s how he was able to develop such acting skill during the drama.

WR: That’s why he has lots of fans.

MR: You look too happy.

WR: Ok, I’ll stop with this for today. My love is overflowing, right?

MR: That’s OK. Miss Lee Hyo Ri mentioned that she wanted to grill and swallow SJS’s acting, but it was Mr. SJS who by watching other good actors around him, and through much hard work, was able to be where he is now.

A Star doesn’t just rise overnight, just like that. There’s the unseen hard-work, and whole hearted devotion. I would say that Mr. SJS’s the best example of this.

Long ago, it is said that Mr. Son Hyun Joo when Mr. SJS was just beginning,

and was having hard time, would coach SJS a lot in the make up room, playing chess, answering many questions about acting, and helping him act also.

There’s this story, and there’re many other such stories of sunbaes who helped him in the past. So we can safely say that Mr. SJS was very diligent and faithful,

and had a big willingness to learn.

END OF PART l

(***Translated by Priscilla & Saturn)

The following was posted by Saturn on Feb 28, the day Jisub enlisted.

Today he enlists...

He had his hair cut at 26th night 10:30pm, just after filming MISA behinde story interview for DVD version.

You know Jisub is very much interested in his hairstyle.

So his manager and hair stylist worried that Jisub must be upset.

But Jisub was playing game with his cell phone while his hair being cut.

After cutting, he watched mirror and said, "It should be shorter, please cut more!"

His hair stylist was more sorry than Jisub himself, so Jisub relieved her saying

" I'll come again to cut my hair in 4 weeks!"

Then at midnight he met Song Seung Heon to show his short hair to him for the first time.

(SSH is on his vacation)

SSH said, "Jisub has changed, he hardly drinks."

(From many many newspaper articles...)

Well maybe Jisub is trying to keep good condition to take 4 weeks hard training.

I go out now to see him to the training camp, I'll upload picture if I can take some.

(reposted by Thunderbolt on Hotelier2002.com)

Guest sophia76

From Youngsosa Café, News Section, Article #2740

Posted on 4/24/2005

[[News]] Just by looking at him my heart jumps! Which drama hero are we talking here? - So Ji Sub, chosen the most charming small screen man.

http://=http://www.reviewstar.net/ent/ent_...44&code=broad01

bOYBON.jpg

Which drama hero makes the heart jump by just looking at him?

So Ji Sub’s Cha Moo Hyuk from “MiSa” was chosen the most charming small screen character, making hearts beat faster by just looking at him.

The Netizen Novelty Site VIP is presently doing a survey on “Which drama hero made my heart palpitate?” So Ji Sub, with 3,396 votes out of 44,704 total votes, is in first place.

SJS, through the KBS (Monday-Tuesday) drama “I’m Sorry, I Love You” which ended not too long ago, became Cha Moo Hyuk, tough in the outside but carrying deep sorrows. He acted so perfectly, stealing the hearts and tears of many female fans, and receiving outstanding ovation.

Another one matching SJS’s Cha Moo Hyuk’s small screen charisma was Kang Dong Won, from the SBS Special drama “Magic” which ended on last October. Kang Dong Won received 2,960 votes, rising to the 2nd spot.

In the drama, he was contemptibly cold but in the end, he sacrificed everything because of love. This moved the hearts of the female fans once again.

Behind SJS and KDW, there is someone else who is more recently rising as a small screen charming man: Song Il Gook, from KBS (Wednesday-Thursday) drama “God’s of the Sea.” With 1,302 votes, and in 3rd position. SIG, whose tough masculine character transforms into a most submissive type of man in front of love, is attracting much affection.

In addition to these, Bi from “Full House,” Lee Dong Gun from “Stained Glass,” Jo In Sung from “What Happened in Bali,” in this order, received 3rd, 4th, and 5th spots as the drama hero who made female fan’s hearts beat faster.

Sajinchoolsu KBS,KBS

(***translated by Priscilla)

The MV was posted by follin on Feb 26.

http://www.lovejisub.com/special/jssong_love4ever.asf

produced by www.lovejisub.com

It's really really a wonderful farewell gift for Jisub. Don't miss it.

The lyrics goes directly to my heart.

Opening Screens

Sea of Love

We Love you

We will Wait for You

Lyrics

Whenever I sleep

I dream of your gentle looks

That light smile is like a breeze

Caressing the deep corners of my heart

Whenever I wake up

I cannot stop my tears

For not being at your side you when you are so far away

I can only let my dreams follow you

My heart has crossed the ocean

My love

Will always be at your side

If there ever comes a day

When I can be beside you

I have lived my life

Even if the sun and moon and stars cannot stay

My thoughts will remain the same

Silently wishing you well, waiting for you

Let us meet again in 2 years’ time

Let my yearning change to starlight

And keep you company through the seasons

Heaven is where you are.

You let me know what is forever

That the rainbow of happiness comes only after the rain

That parting is not pain

That love cannot be taken back no matter when we meet again

The outcome is so clear, yet I cannot stop

Because of you I can make this promise

That my love will remain true

Until the end of time

Let the wind take my love to your shores

May it gently ruffle your hair

And create a perfect chapter in this beautiful fairytale.

I can let go of everything except my love for you

Loving you is more than a simple tug at the heart

I’m not afraid of divine punishment

Despite my never ending tears

I will still say with a smile

My love for you will never change

Ending screens

We Love you

We will give you our blessings forever

We will wait for you

Until forever

Translated by Eloise and posted in HOTELIER2002.com

Guest sophia76

Kang In-wook from What Happened in Bali

bali_img_big_012_20031218135032.jpg

(credit: WHIB official site; posted by rmc, Soompi - reposted by Thnuderbold on Hotelier2002.com)

Kang In Chul from Thousand years of love

200542595643304.jpg

(posted by Boola in Hotelier2002.com)

Guest sophia76

Do you know 'My First', the video of Jo Sung Mo'song with Ji Sub?

I think so ^_^

Here's HARUKI gif

mv4.gif

apdls.gif

(credits to from Ayudorama @ Soompi - reposted by Priscilla in Hotelier2002.com)

This is another video of Jo Sung Mo's song - 'The unsaid word' (with a Kim Jung Eun/Hitomi unsaid words)

http://vod2.ytn.co.kr/ytnstar/general/mov/...005113022_s.wmv

Images from MiSa

(credit to SJS CAFE - reposted by Boola in Hotelier2002.com)

2004121182303583.jpg

20041225202136351.jpg

2004127110129585.jpg

[News Article] Female Netizens: I’ll be OK getting into a Scandal with SJS!

From SJS’s Café, News Article Section

Posted on 2005/03/02

Female Netizens say: I’ll be OK getting into a Scandal with SJS!

I’d like to get into a scandal with performer So Ji Sub

So Ji Sub, whose popularity exploded after KBS 2 TV’s “I’m Sorry, I love you,” was selected by female netizens “the actor I would like to have a scandal with.”

In the Survey Website VIP (www.vip.co.kr), during the final week of February, they asked “If I were a female star, which male actor would I like to get into a scandal with, at least once?” The results from the 34,973 respondents were: 3,027 votes(13.5%) went to So Ji Sub, within by a narrow margin to ‘pretty face’ Kang Dong Won whose received 2,888 votes (13.2%).

On a side note, during the past 28th of this past month, at 1 pm, SJS was met by 200 of his female fans in front of Department 30, Public Service Office located at Kyung Kee Do, Yang Joo Shi. They came to give their nostalgic ‘farewells,’ which speaks of how popular he is right now.

On the other hand, Kang Dong Won, who won popularity award after last year’s movie “Temptation of Wolves,” had risen high and far. The killer smile he showed at “Temptation of Wolves” has become his trademark.

Behind him, presently acting as Ji Jin Hee’s half brother, Ko Hyun Jung’s lover at SBS “Spring Days,” and showing good acting skills, is Jo In Sung (10.3%), in 3rd place. The already popular in foreign lands, Wonbin (7.4%) and Lee Dong Gun (6.7%), who currently is very popular in Japan, they are 4th and 5th respectively.

[Among female netizens, So Ji Sub was chosen in the survey“if I were a female star, I would like to have a scandal with.” Photographer Kwon Tae Wan, photo@mydaily.co.kr]

Reporter Nam An Woo naw@maydaily.co.kr

(Translated by Priscilla)