Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

zenxtra60gb.jpg

Creative Zen Xtra 60GB

I love this thing. It's storage capacity is what made me go for it. And I'm not like most, who want it as small as possible. This size for me is good enough and fits in my pockets just fine. Had it for well over a year and no problems. Bought some Sony headphones tho, and they are awesome.

Pros:

* Storage capacity is 60GB or around 15,000 songs

* Great interface for being an older model

* After upgrading the firmware and transferring software to Play4Sure, it's a breeze to transfer files and goes really quickly when using USB 2.0.

* Removable battery, so easily replaced when it begins to die.

* Not an Ipod, hehe.

* Wonderful battery life. has a couple days i forgot to recharge and it would sustain a charge for a few more hours past the supposed life.

Cons:

* First gen firmware and software didn't work well with my PC. Would transfer a certain # of songs, then time out. Would then have to scan and clean up the mp3 player AND restart my PC.

* The original headphones were crap IMO.

* Sometimes can replay the same songs everytime you start up a new session. Basically you can expect even with a full capacity 15,000 mp3s, you can tend to hear some of the same tracks often. Wish it had the capability the Micro has, with hearing least played tracks.

* Leather Case that comes with it makes it even bulkier.

Final rating:

Before hardware & software upgrades: 7.5/10

After: 9.5/10

I have those headphones as well. I use them at work and they are awesome. It keeps out all the unwanted background noise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry if i shouldn't ask this here ....

are the new nanos/ipods still compatible with the older docks? i have the dock for 4th gen. ipod

NVM, found it on the site.

i think the new iriver clix looks sexy for an mp3 player :lol: but i wish they also came out with an 8 gb! :sweatingbullets:

Like HUAY I have the YP T9

l_ypt9_5.jpg

I JUST got it like three hours ago. I traded my YP T7 in for this.

Capacity - 2 GB

Price - 129.99 USD

Basically it comes with samsung media studio, it works like itunes. So naturally I hate it. I was so adjusted to dragging and dropping with my T7. You can still drag and drop, but it's much more convenient to use samsung media studio -___-;;

WHY? because when you open my computers, you cant make new folders for the YP T9.

I have the American version, and like HUAY's I have two games. I still dont understand how to play them.

The headphones are nicer than the ones that came with the T7.

The overall mp3 player is really sleek looking compared to other samsung players.

CONS

-Getting adjusted to the menu/back buttons are annoying.

-The overall navigation sucks, it's similar to the iPod's

-The display for the songs only shows some background playing and the song, not what is coming up next ( I HATE THAT )

-When you play the song, on the display it scrolls the title artist and stuff, NOT the file name. That pisses me off. -___-;; Anyone know how I can change that? I hate it b/c I dont have artist and etc filled out and it's a hassle to fill out.

-THE FONT IS SO TINY! I CANT READ THE TIME WITHOUT HAVING IT LIKE TWO CM AWAY. grr. >=O

-There are these pads that cover the screw things and one keeps falling out. Not really important, but it just bugs me.

PROS

-LIGHT

-looks hot.

-Sound quality rocks iPod's socks off.

-Video quality isnt actually that bad!

-And a lot more.

More to come later.

I recently bought a Cowon a2 from amazon for $312 USD shipped. =] It just came today and i'm loving it! I fell in love with it reading the reviews online, and it looks so beaaauutttiiifulll O_________________O Just looking at it i think it was worth it.

How is the warranty? Do they just use the manufacturers?

Okay, I'm going to continue ranting about the T9.

It took me three hours to convert a 150MB video, and then they made it 237 MB!!! WTF!!! -___-;;

But the video quality is good, so I'm happy.

The start buttons is not as sensitive as I thought, I have to push down for a long time.

THERE IS NO SHUFFLE OPTION! -__-;;

EDIT

just kidding. I found the shuffle option. -__-;;

The font size took me a while to get used to ( i think it was my contacts yesterday...)

The menus dont lag, it's not as fast as the iPod, but if you hold the button down for a long time it scrolls faster.

You would think that pressing the MENU button would get you to the main menu, but it doesnt, it just takes you to a page of options such as play mode, music background, DNSE, etc. It's actually the BACK button that gets to "back" to the menu.

Okay, I'm going to continue ranting about the T9.

It took me three hours to convert a 150MB video, and then they made it 237 MB!!! WTF!!! -___-;;

But the video quality is good, so I'm happy.

The start buttons is not as sensitive as I thought, I have to push down for a long time.

THERE IS NO SHUFFLE OPTION! -__-;;

The reason why the converted file got bigger is because of the codec it converted it to. Same thing happens to Sansa e200.

The reason why the converted file got bigger is because of the codec it converted it to. Same thing happens to Sansa e200.

But how come HUAY said hers became around 17 MB when it was originally 199?

So the file is always going to be a bigger size? because of the codec? T___T

But how come HUAY said hers became around 17 MB when it was originally 199?

So the file is always going to be a bigger size? because of the codec? T___T

Don't know. Try it again and see if it's the same result. There's always another solution to this; you just have to search for it on how to do it.

sub_tm01.jpg

sub_tm10.jpg

iaudio 6 from Cowon

Capacity: 4gb

Format: operates on really tiny hardrive..

Features:

FM radio, voice recorder, can view video, 260,000 color screen, multi-language support, picture viewer, custom wallpaper, the play,pause, forward,back button on it is touch sensitive XD,

Battery: they say max is 20 hrs...havent tested it..it lasts pretty long tho

Player Interface:

Touchpad for play, pause, forward and back buttons, for volume u have to press a button at the top thats regular, and there's a menu button on top too and on/off switch and if u push the switch all the way to the right it locks the mp3 player so u wont accidentally screw up when u accidentally touch the touchpad..

Software:i ono

Price: I got mine for 239.99$ when it just came out...its prolly a lot cheaper now tho...

overall its pretty good player...and the program they give u "jetaudio plus" that converts the video files is realllllly fast...I converted a 250mb video file to smaller size in less than 1 minute...and the quality of the vid on it is vry good..they shouldve made the screen bigger =___________=//also its really easy to transfer music n pictures ...u just ply the usb into ur computer and drag and drop files into the folders XD....the bad thing about this player is that it lags hellla...sometimes i have to wait as long as 10-15 sec to get to the next song...its prolly b/c of it running on a tiny hardrive...I think if u put the songs in different folders it helps....oh yeah...good earbuds too...sounds is really nice...but wut sucks is that they broke after like 2 month..i think it wus my fault tho...I must've pulled em out too hard b/c the wire got disconnected on the right earbud..hrmm....

i'll let ya know how it is..i just ordered it..now just have to wait a week for it to get here from china.

May i ask you how much you paid ? and from which website ? the only way for me so far is buying through Ebay

I just got the YP-T9 yesterday! <3

I used to have the YP-T7 like saera, so this is a nice upgrade.

Samsung YP-T9 (4GB) $179.99

The box was HOT! lol "For You" For me? OMG!!!!!!!! Damn right, it's for me. I bought it.

yp02lh7.jpg

With the earbuds... They are SO uncomfortable. They don't even fit right.

yp03ik4.jpg

I like all the features it has... It plays videos really well. They come out so bright and clear.

yp01ij1.jpg

PROS:

Beautiful <333

Lots of features! Voice/radio recording, radio, video, text, pictures, games, and of course music.

The features are NOT crappy. The pictures, for example, look very nice.

I actually like the navigation. For me, it was easy to get used to.

Wonderful music quality!

Bright screen

Pretty interface (you can choose the colors)

Apparently has a 30 hour battery life... but I haven't tested that out

CONS:

It's a fingerprint magnet... I'm not sure if it's easily scratched though.

The load time when you turn it on may be a bit slow for some people...

No UMS function for the US... BUT you can upgrade your firmware to a foreign version for UMS!

No AC adapter... so you need to charge it through your computer.

No bluetooth option in the US! =(

I might add more to this "review" (too short/vague)

Conclusion = I love it so much. My baby <3

Guest 4ever_sweet

The COWON iAUIDO U3 (2GB)

Click Here for Info

This is what I'm currently interested in.

31589099-2-300-overview-1.gif

sub_tm05.jpg

u3_zoom09.jpg

^Overall:

Pros: Small, nice design, color screen, can play videos, FM tuner, Voice Recorder, can record Radio, can record anything using the line-in plug, super-fast transfers, charges really fast, light-weight, good Battery Life (20 hours roughly), and not that pricey ($130 for 2gb, that is pretty good, I think!).

Cons: No A/C charger included (must charge with USB to computer), no NeckStrap included. I think that's all though.

Comment: I'm really glad I bought this mp3 player. I feel as if this was a really great upgrade to my old mp3 which I've had for 2 years. Umm, if you have any questions about this mp3 because you're unsure of whether or not you'll like it, you can PM me.

The COWON U3 is the updated version of this mp3 player: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry3268323

This was my old mp3 player. Because I've only had 1 mp3 player in the past, this is the only one I can compare the COWON U3 to (besides the bulky CD/mp3 players).

cb2c_1_b.JPG

SK1_2.jpg

The only thing I miss from my OLD mp3 was the attached USB drive. But COWON's U3's color screen and video capabilities makes up for it. Also, COWON U3 comes with a thump size usb that you can carry on your keyChain, etc. if you needed to transfer data, etc.

I would have to say COWON is slightly smaller than my old mp3. I chosed COWON U3 because of it's drag-n-drop function. My old mp3 had that as well. I would hate to have to use a program to put music into an mp3 player.

Go COWON!

SAMSUNG YP-Z5

b2c_m_ypz5blkb.jpg

Capacity: 4GB (comes in black, silver & pink - I got the black)

Price: US$226

Format: MP3, WMA, Secure WMA, Jpeg

Features: FM radio, customised wallpapers, voice recording, text viewer, etc

Battery: Samsung claims 35 hours. It lasted 14 hours on a long flight for me, with the battery bar still full.

Player Interface: Touchpad navigation. It's pretty all right once you get the hang of it, as the touchpad is not overly sensitive.

Software: It comes with an installation CD and user manual. Charging is by USB cable, around 4 hours.

Comment: It's pretty light and easy to use, although I'd really recommend sorting and labelling your music properly before you transfer from the computer to the player. I had a bit of trouble locating songs because I hadn't bothered with actually getting down to sorting my music minutely. Audio quality is pretty good (if you're into blasting music into your ears), and the earphones are a good fit. I tried loading pics into the player, but somehow didn't work - maybe I haven't gotten the hang of it. But there's already a set of customised wallpapers in there, so you can pick and choose, or have a picture slideshow. Some people think it's not stylish enough, but it looks pretty sleek to me (the pink sucks, of course).

Guest charitee

470_zune1,0.jpg

[the first part of this is straight from zune.com]

Size and Weight: 4.4 in. x 2.4 in. x 0.6 in. (h x w x d)

Weight: 5.6 ounces

Battery: Music, up to 14 hours (wireless off), up to 13 hours (wireless on); pictures, up to 4 hours; video, up to 4 hours

Charge Time: 3 hours; 2 hours to 90%

Display Size: 3.0 inches

Display Orientation: Vertical and Horizontal

Resolution: 320 x 240 pixels

Audio: Windows Media® Audio Standard (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate

MP3 (.mp3): Up to 320 Kbps, CBR and VBR, up to 48-kHz sample rate

AAC (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov): Up to 320 Kbps, Low Complexity (LC), up to 48-kHz sample rate

Pictures: JPEG (.jpg): All resolutions (desktop software will automatically convert to 640x480 at sync time)

Video: Windows Media Video (.wmv): Main Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 1.5 Mbps peak video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio; Simple Profile, CBR, up to 736 Kbps video bitrate, 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames per sec., with Windows Media Audio up to 192 Kbps, 44.1 kHz, stereo audio.

Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b/g

Wireless Range: Up to 30 feet

Language: English

Colors: Black.brown.white

Comes with: software CD, usb cable to connect zune to computer; headphones, a sleeve? or rather a place to put your zune in if you don't have a case. The zune is like pre-loaded with music [not well-known artists, well most of them aren't], videos and photos.

Comment: [disclaimer: im not 100% sure if everything i say is true since i just got my zune a few days ago and have just been trying it out] I don't know how i feel about it. My ipod had died about a month or two ago and I decided to never get an ipod again. I wanted another mp3 player and i had heard about the zune so I decided to get one. the zune is pretty hot-looking, the packaging was crazy cool, and the zune version of itunes is really trendy looking but there are several downsides since it's the first generation of zunes.

Downside #1 [this is what bugs me the most about it]: since the only language is english, it doesn't show Korean, Japanese or Chinese script. [it probably will in the future, but omg it's so irritating...i have little squares for everything]

Downside #2: it's not as user-friendly as it should be. i kind of got lost in the zune version of itunes. it's a lot more difficult to find out how to do things.

Downside #3: it's a little bit bulky and heavy, but that's to be expected since it fits 30 GB.

Downside #4: there's no charger included with the zune. the only way to charge it is through your computer. If you have an ipod charger, you MIGHT be able to use that to charge it, but i havent tried it yet so dont take my word for it.

HOWEVER, there are definitely good things about it.

Upside #1: it's really hard to scratch it [except the screen] since the body isn't glossy-ish like the ipod...

Upside #2: apparently [though i havent tried] you can change the wallpaper of your zune to be whatever you want it to be.

Upside #3: the LCD screen is huge.

Upside #4: being able to share songs with someone else with a zune [you can also send pictures]. you can send a song to someone with a zune. the only downside of this is the person can only play the song 3 times a day -_x

I'm sure there will be more upsides and downsides as I continue to use it. when i learn more about my zune and the other positives and negatives, i'll post more. plus, there are probably some other people who want to give their thoughts about this. These are just my first impressions and i could be completely wrong so i'll be sure to edit this post in the future. so yeah.

Archived