Post Your Mp3 Player

awdark

Between iRiver Clix and creative zen: m (beside the fact that one is 2 gb and one is 30gb) which one would you guys recommend?

I actually like both of them. Both are great. But I guess it depends on what you are looking for. iRiver Clix is one small compact player with loads of features. It looks awesome and unique, too. Now ZVM is more for people are looking forward to a lot of capacity for music and videos and photos. Erm, if you are the type who uses the mp3 player alllll the time, then I think it's better to go with ZVM since it's got more capacity for your music videos photos and such.

-__- I'm not helping, am I...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I have recently bought a new MP3 player. I'm not frickin rich to spend 300+ on an mp3 player. Mine are usually $120. I just need something that I can listen to. I don't need to put all my albums in, you know?

Well, anyway, my first one was iAUDIO U2. It's $119.99 I believe.

u2_01.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

b21.jpg

-flash player

-512 MB

-records radio, parts of songs you hear on the mp3, direct encoding recording, etc

-fm radio

-korean/japanese/english

Those are the basics. What I love about this is that it is SO DAMN EASY TO USE. You don't even need the cd that comes with it. All you need to do is install the driver, not the program. After that, you can just open my computer>removable disk>open folders>add songs.

It's VERY light compared to the mini IPOD, well obviously. The black/white ones look sleeker, but the colors are coordinated to the memory capacity. It is small. TINY. I always use the cover that comes with it, although it doesn't look very fashionable. It comes with a neckstrap.

The only bad thing about this is that I usually wear it as a necklace and put it under my sweater/jacket, and when I have to switch songs, I have to reach up under my jacket which looks... interesting. BUT other than that, this is a PERFECT FIRST mp3 player.

The little circle controller thing may seem flimsy, but it is heavy duty. (:

Now onto the second one.

I gave my little sister the old one because she cracked the front screen a little when she was dancing in the bathroom. It banged against the metal towel holder HARD. AND she took off the cover because it was "ugly." Anyway, I went to Walmart and got Zen V 1 GB for $109.99.

prod15283_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

It's actually white with the orange wheel.

I just bought it today so I can't give full descriptions. I know if I just waited I could have gotten V Plus (+FM radio AND video), but the screen is too small for videos and I don't need the radio. I don't like mainstream american music nowadays.

Okay. The first thing I experience is how HARD it is to set up everything. Maybe it was because my first mp3 player was so darn easy. I have to download like 5 programs onto my computer before I can actually start to add songs. And adding songs isn't as easy as the one before. You have to go this program and add it from there. It is very small, and lighter than my first, so... it's cool. It actually does remind me of a tamagotchi (??). I remember I killed a lot of them. ):

That's all I can really say about this. Oh, and that it doesn't support korean so all the files have to be romanized which SUCKS richard simmons BECAUSE I LIKE MY KOREAN CHARACTERS!

): I'm very sad.

Guest `Babykisses

I got the creative zen: m today :). One problem... how do I change the time?

review it tomorrow, when I go through everything.

--

Edit..

I'm taking mine back and exchanging it, having major problems with it.

Guest juliee

my iPod video, 30GB. i took a pic of it the first day i got it because it was funny that the plastic seal said dont steal music :D

ipodvideo1.jpg

I know a lot of people put their opinions about iPod videos already but here's my review.

first off, the iPod supports korean so its good =)

One of the biggest reasons I bought it was to watch korean dramas on the iPod, hahahha. What sucked was that all the drama download links uploaded by soompi members were all either .wmv or .avi format so I had to find a free converter.

I solved that by using iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Converter Suite's free trial since it would cost $40 to buy the license for it. trial is the same thing except it says Trial Version over the clip. if anyone wants it, here's the link: http://www.cucusoft.com/ it's the best free converter out there

the iPod video does hold a lot of space and I don't regret buying it. The only thing that really bothers me is after watching about 2-3 hours of videos, the battery goes dead.

overall, it's worth it ^_^

i am just now getting my first ever mp3 player...an iPod 30gvideo one...

i'm excited.

woohoo go ipod video!!

Guest SatinDoll

I got the creative zen: m today :). One problem... how do I change the time?

review it tomorrow, when I go through everything.

--

Edit..

I'm taking mine back and exchanging it, having major problems with it.

wat problems? cus im planning on getting it soon..

Guest angelzstar

I was wondering, since I'll be going back to China in a couple of weeks, i was thinking about getting two of the 2gb ipod nanos for my two cousins in china. If something happens to it, is there a ipod fixing store in China? Also, does the nano last a long time?

Guest nssidiot

I actually like both of them. Both are great. But I guess it depends on what you are looking for. iRiver Clix is one small compact player with loads of features. It looks awesome and unique, too. Now ZVM is more for people are looking forward to a lot of capacity for music and videos and photos. Erm, if you are the type who uses the mp3 player alllll the time, then I think it's better to go with ZVM since it's got more capacity for your music videos photos and such.

-__- I'm not helping, am I...

Thanks =) I've ordered the iRiver Clix... cuz I reckon I don't listen to my whole playlist all the time.. and I'm just in love with its design. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Guest `Babykisses

wat problems? cus im planning on getting it soon..

Every five mins the player would just freeze on me, and I would have to take a len pencil and reformat it. I'm going to get another zen vision m, because I love it so much.. and I didn't know I had to download the new firmware for it. It would of prevented this problem.

Hope that makes sense..

Ahh I looked through all 20 pages and couldn't find a single review for a mobiBlu >< I fell in love with that like 8 months ago and 2 days ago I FINALLY find it in stock but I don't know if I should buy it for not T____T It's so cute and freaking small!

Looks like this by the way:

mobiblu2.gif

does anybody know the sound quality / battery life and stuff? ^^;;

and what you recommend for a video player? (:

Ahh I looked through all 20 pages and couldn't find a single review for a mobiBlu >< I fell in love with that like 8 months ago and 2 days ago I FINALLY find it in stock but I don't know if I should buy it for not T____T It's so cute and freaking small!

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.techlounge.co.uk/wp-content/mobiblu2.gif

I've seen that long time ago. This person I know has a pink one.

IMO, I think it is just waaaayyy tooo tiny. The buttons aren't that easy to access - they're so close to each other that you might just jam your finger on 2 or 3 buttons. I have this feeling that I'd squash it or lose it if I have this little player. It's just too small.

Guest NASRI22

if you are looking for something with large capacity : Creative Zen Vision:M or the Toshiba Gigabeat S30

if you are looking for something with small capacity : iriver U10 or the Clix 2GB.

those are basically your only options.. other video players are either using a 1.8" lcd (such as the sandisk e200, samsung yp-t8/d1) are way too small to see anything.. where as the u10/clix uses a 2.2" lcd which is just enough to read subtitles and view your favourite movies/videos. also most large video players usually have poor battery life.. *cough* ipod video with only 2hours battery life.. my friend only get s 1.5hours.. cant even watch a movie on it.. so poor. the toshiba is about 2.5hours which is decent i guess.. for the same price you're paying as the ipod video it's good but the creative has a rated battery life of 4hours video!.. thats by far the best imo.

my iPod video, 30GB. i took a pic of it the first day i got it because it was funny that the plastic seal said dont steal music :D

ipodvideo1.jpg

I know a lot of people put their opinions about iPod videos already but here's my review.

first off, the iPod supports korean so its good =)

One of the biggest reasons I bought it was to watch korean dramas on the iPod, hahahha. What sucked was that all the drama download links uploaded by soompi members were all either .wmv or .avi format so I had to find a free converter.

I solved that by using iPod Video Converter + DVD to iPod Converter Suite's free trial since it would cost $40 to buy the license for it. trial is the same thing except it says Trial Version over the clip. if anyone wants it, here's the link: http://www.cucusoft.com/ it's the best free converter out there

the iPod video does hold a lot of space and I don't regret buying it. The only thing that really bothers me is after watching about 2-3 hours of videos, the battery goes dead.

overall, it's worth it ^_^

woohoo go ipod video!!

toshiba gigabeat is the same price but with better battery life.. did you have a look at it before you bought the video 30gb?

Guest Kazen88

mobiblu2.gif

Hahaha... My friend had that. It was all cute and the radio was okay. Then he put it through the wash. Yeah... It being that small makes it easy to lose.

I believe the battery life is 8-10 hours?

Guest nonameunknown

I didn't find any reviews for the iriver T30.

My cousin gave me hers but she lost the cable to connect to PC and doesn't have the installation disc X_____X

It looks like...

T30-512MB1.jpg

So can anyone tell me if you need the installation disc?

I know I can just get a regular USB 2.0 interface cable from like Wally World or something :P

Guest juliee

I was wondering, since I'll be going back to China in a couple of weeks, i was thinking about getting two of the 2gb ipod nanos for my two cousins in china. If something happens to it, is there a ipod fixing store in China? Also, does the nano last a long time?

I'm not sure if there's an iPod store in China but I know that all iPod products have a one year warranty. It should last about two years :D

Guest a certainREALITY

Okay, So I got my Zen Vision: M a while ago and I felt that I should review it.

wtf975-1.jpg

Compared with my old mp3 player

wtf974.jpg

by itself.

So far, I'm really in love with the player. There's some discrepencies with what type of video/audio files it compatible with, but over all it's really nice. Because I don't have a 2.0 port on my computer, it takes a while for me to upload stuff onto there.

I've used about 16 gigs of the 30 now, on about 2000 songs, 2 movies and probably 20 music videos.

The sleep timer is really useful, I never had one on my old player and that pissed me off. It turns off however many minutes you set it to after the last time you touched it. What's nice is the timer works when you have the player on lock too, so you can save battery on the screen all the time.

The screen is absolutely beautiful. I haven't taken off the factory sealing that came over it yet because I don't really feel the need to. It's not hideous and it's protecting my player so I'll probably keep it on there until it starts falling off itself. The screen has different increments of brightness that you can set it on. 100% is beautiful, but even 10%, the lowest setting, is good for me. Normally I'll set it on 10%, but I put it on 100% if I'm playing a movie. But now that I think about it, what setting I have the screen on is really inconsequencial because the player has a lock function. This function turns the screen off and you can still listen to your music at the same time, it saves so much battery. You have to unlock it to use the buttons and switch tracks, but it locks and unlocks quickly. That's one of my favorite things about the player.

Battery life is real good. I've had the player for around 12 days now and I've only had to fully charge it twice, other times the charge catches up on its own while I'm uploading songs. Once when it first came, and once about 4 days after that when the battery ran low from me listening to it nonstop one of the days for probably 18ish hours. Last night I watched a move that was about 1 hr 45 minutes long on 100% brightness. It's been about a week since I last fully charged it and now the player's battery life is still 50% full.

I think that the alarm clock option is superfluous because by the time i wake up the headphones are far far away from me. I haven't tried using the planner yet because I don't really have much planned. I have my quick jump button set on the clock.

One problem I have with the player is the way it puts album art on is really weird, and it messes up sometimes and uses this one bands album art for a lot of the stuff. It's odd.

Guest chibifry

Hey guys! just a heads up, but the Creative Zen Vision M landed a spot in last nights Extra or ET.. I forgot, anyway it was one of those two shows. Woohoo go zen vision!

Guest cozy_choco

i had Creative Zen Micro 5GB, and it's broken and i got it replaced with the 6GB one. still loving it.

Guest Kaken

i had Creative Zen Micro 5GB, and it's broken and i got it replaced with the 6GB one. still loving it.

^ Exact same thing happened to me!

Did you have to pay 25$ US for handling? They repaired mine, and after they said to give them money. But now that I have the player, I really don't see what they can do... I'm quite annoyed with the fee since I only used the Micro 20 times or so before the headphone jack got messed up.

Archived