Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

thanks for all the pics....

from korean herald today http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/dat...00902090048.asp

Boys Over Flowers' gains attention overseas

For weeks the KBS2 teen romp "Boys Over Flowers" has been steadfastly gaining popularity. The series has seen its ratings snowball - so much so that its success has grabbed the attention of a U.S. webzine.

In a Feb. 6 report, "Animation Insider," an online magazine specializing in comics and animation around the world, published an article detailing the recent fervor surrounding "Boys Over Flowers" in Korea.

The report noted the show had continued the success of the Japanese version in 2001 and Taiwan's 2006 remake.

The Korean version enjoys a 30 percent viewership rating, easily trumping all competitors in its Monday and Tuesday timeslots. Even without strong lead-ins, the show has been climbing the ratings board.

The main draw, according to Animation Insider, has been the series' four male leads, especially model-turned-actor Lee Min-ho.

The latest screen adaption of Yoko Kamio's manga keeps much of the original plot intact. The story revolves around a middle-class girl who is thrust into upper-class society when she enters an elite high school. Most popular in the school are F4 or the "Flower Four," whose leader Koo Joon-yo (played by Lee Min-ho) becomes enamored with the female lead, as she is the only girl who does not fawn over him.

The series abides to the timeless formula in which a rich boy falls in love with a working-class girl. "Boys Over Flowers" - or "Hana yori Dango" as it is known in Japan - originally found popularity as a comic book series that ran from 1992 to 2003. The success of the publication led to a TV series and spawned two live action films.

The Korean version of the show is expected to continue to lead the ratings in its timeslot and become the year's most popular television drama.

By Song Woong-ki

(kws@heraldm.com)

anyone care to translate this article

http://news.joins.com/article/3485558.html?ctg=12

The Dark Side of BOF

08 Feb 2009 - 04:44 AM

This fanmade F4 re-edit is soo good!

It's called "Boys Over Flowers: Requiem" and it's definitely fitting. The editing is excellent and it actually looks like a real thriller trailer. The dark spin on the girly drama is a refreshing change. The plot seems to pretty much be the same as the drama: Boy meets girl, boy's mom tries to destroy girl, will boy save girl?? You can't help cracking up at the 1:53 part! It's the part where Goo Jun Pyo tries to act real cool when JanDi calls!!

The music and acting are pretty convincing for this to be a great movie. Maybe some of you girls could trick your boyfriends into watching the "thriller" drama...

In related news, Lee MinHo (http://www.leeminho.kr/) and Kim Bum have finally launched official websites, but was short lived as it crashed soon after. Currently, Lee MinHo's webpage shows a cute little MinHo pouting a "Sorry, the site is down..." message.

credit: allkpop

I like him from this pics.

wanni, thanks a lot for the pics.

he really looks a nice person indeed. minho and bo young are childhood friends..<3

now you r busy with minho while eric is having military service period!..LOL!

add summore from Our School ET presscon ^^

20080819193800957d9_194808_0.jpg

20080819190922874e7_191415_0.jpg

cr: as tagged + Lee Min Ho's World

2008 MBC drama 'But I Don't Know Too'

9.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

cr: Lee Min Ho's World

2006 EBS drama 'Secret Campus'

sz77u0.jpg

more pics @ Lee Min Ho's World

I love how everyone lined up at the board are all wearing graphic/slogan tees except one.

It's too cute how through advertising 'skin protection', Min Ho gets to wear a nude woman on his chest. Heh.

haha... good catched! i dont really pay any attention of it..thanks 4 that! ^__^

seem MinHo didnt bother for wearing d T-shirt... hehe... nice! <3

and guys, thanks a lot for BBF recent pictures.

weee.. i really wanna go to English Village!! >,<

Lee Minho’s homepage crashes

By daysgoby + February 8th, 2009

Lee Minho, of current “Boys Over Flower” fame, launched his official Korean site a few days ago (www.leeminho.kr). Of course, he wouldn’t be a famous Kpopper if netizens didn’t storm the site — so much so that it crashed and is still undergoing maintenance.

At the moment, the site is still inaccessible, but web maintenance did put up on the index of the site an image of Lee Minho with a little “sorry” note attached. The power of netizens, eh?

leeminho20090208seoulbenc0.jpg

Via: Cyworld News

credit: seoulbeats

Awwwwee ... the pouting index photo of Minh Ho displaying the word sorry is tooo cute. It has only been 2 days and the site already crashed, this shows us how hot and in demand LMH has become. Apparently, fans are not tired of looking at his pictures or reading about his current gossip, whether it's rumor or fact. Our fascination with this hunk is just beginning, though, we must realize that he's only human and certain expectations are unreachable. Let us fantasize through film/television and be happy with just.

I'm sure the site will be up and running soon, for fans to view. I'm always loving all the goodies in this thread. A BIG Thank You to all the contributors. :)

p.s. I don't think this handsome guy can take a bad picture. Soo jealous. =)

OMG! everyone in the pics is tall! but Min Ho is the tallest! he he, i more and more love him in BOF! i can say that he make great contribution to the drama's success! i also what his 2 other films: 'i am sam" & "makerel run", his potentiality shows clearly through these films.. he can play various characters& his emotional

expressions are surprising! Lee Min Ho go on!!

Guest incarnadine

Thank you thank you THANK YOU everyone for the bts pics. Lee Min Ho is handsome and cute enough in the drama, but seeing him with all those devastatingly adorable expressions offcam just kills me :sweatingbullets:

Awwww I love how he's all smiles and laughs with his BOF castmates!

Awwwwee ... the pouting index photo of Minh Ho displaying the word sorry is tooo cute. It's only been 2 days and the site crashed, this really does show us how hotttttt LMH really is. Though, I'm sure the site will be up and running soon, for fans to view. I'm always loving all the goodies in this thread. A BIG Thank You to all the contributors. :)

p.s. I don't think this handsome guy can take a bad picture. Soo jealous. =)

Too cute indeed! ^^

Wonder when did they take that pic, coz it wasnt inside the site's gallery before..hehehe...:D

They might have bunch of MinHo's unreleased pictures! :w00t:

a long article by dramabeans

A day behind the scenes of Boys Before Flowers

February 8th, 2009 // by javabeans

kkot_bts33.jpg

Two articles are out today that take a look around the filming location and behind the scenes of the ever-popular Boys Before Flowers.

The first article is from Now News:

Eye of the “Boys Before Flowers” storm — this is how it’s made!

On the afternoon of February 8 in Yangpyeong, I went to the filming location of KBS 2TV’s Monday-Tuesday drama Boys Before Flowers. Although the weather was chilly, a crowd of bystanders had flocked to watch them shooting. It’s Sunday, so there are families and groups of friends gathered in twos and threes.

kkot_bts44.jpg

kkot_bts51.jpg

Today, they’re filming a three-way conflict between the characters of Gu Jun-pyo (actor Lee Min-ho), Geum Jan-di (Gu Hye-sun), and Lee Jae-ha (Jung Eui-chul).

Lee Min-ho and Jung Eui-chul put in their best efforts even as they film their action scene repeatedly, giving a lively atmosphere to the set. Notably, Jung Eui-chul is cast in two roles, having made an appearance in Episode 1 as Lee Min-ha [F4's rooftop victim], and now appears as his younger brother Lee Jae-ha.

Before filming a fierce action sequence, Lee Min-ho’s enthusiasm is apparent as he adjusts to match Jung Eui-chul. When the PD [Jeon Ki-sang] orders Lee Min-ho to make his action scene harsher, he tells Jung Eui-chul, “I’m sorry. I’m going to step on you,” apologizing in advance with a laugh.

As the scene is shot repeatedly, and Lee Min-ho is pushed further, his intensity and charisma remain strong. In between takes, he chats with Gu Hye-sun and they joke around together, conveying a close, friendly vibe.

Gu Hye-sun cries in the scene in this cold weather, her nose reddened. The visitors watching the filming look toward Gu Hye-sun, dressed in her school uniform, remarking, “She really does look like a high schooler.”

kkot_bts47.jpg

kkot_bts50.jpg

Then the second article, from Asia Economy, takes a more detailed look at the day on set:

Reporting from the set of “Boys Before Flowers”… Even F4 is surprised at the crowd of spectators

These days, when women aged anywhere from their teens through fifties gather, mention of a particular drama always crops up: KBS2’s Monday-Tuesday series, Boys Before Flowers. What could be the reason for its popularity? To find out, I visited the filming location.

February 8, Yangpyeong English Village in Kyeonggi Province. Despite the cold, a swarm of spectators has formed, surprising even F4. Amid the dozens of fans here to watch the filming and the actors, a few tourists can be spotted. The following is a general look at the day on the film set, grouped by periods of time.

kkot_bts39.jpg

kkot_bts42.jpg

4:30 PM: “Is Ga-eul is important to you, or am I”

At the scene being shot at 4:30 pm, Gu Jun-pyo has come to school to meet Jan-di, where they bicker back and forth.

After only two takes, the director sounds the OK, demonstrating how well these two work together. In particular, when Jun-pyo says the line, “Is Ga-eul is important to you, or am I,” we can see from his expression how much Jun-pyo truly likes her even as he grumbles at her.

Not letting the cold weather keep them from laughing, Gu Hye-sun and Lee Min-ho’s attitudes bring smiles to the faces of the tired crew.

kkot_bts52.jpg

5:30 PM: F4 films inside the school

As soon as outdoor shots are completed, the crew moves busily, because the scenes for the episode to air this week (February 10) have not yet been completed.

In the drama, a building in the English Village is used as part of Shinhwa High School. Lee Min-ho enters the building, and, before he even has time to warm his frozen hands, F4 members Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon commence filming.

In contrast to the bright, upbeat drama, the mood on set is solemn, as though not even footfalls are allowed to sound without permission. Actors, crew, and the reporters allowed on set — all are quiet. But PD Jeon Ki-sang, giving instructions in English in his clear, easily understood accent, dispels everyone’s anxiety.

kkot_bts43.jpg

6:10 PM: Inside the waiting room

Sweet rest time for the F4 members.

What do each of these F4 guys look like while they rest?

In short, these guys don’t have time for breaks. They may have “break” time in name, but they’re busy signing autographs, hands busily working. They sign scores of posters and OSTs, with barely a minute for their own rest.

But the actors don’t let their tiredness show, saying with bright smiles, “I’m just thankful that there’s so much interest.”

kkot_bts35.jpg

6:30 PM: Last scene, then more movement

I can see Kim Hyun-joong on the stairs with Kim Bum and Kim Joon, while above are Lee Min-ho with Jung Eui-chul.

This scene shows Kim Hyun-joong, Kim Bum, and Kim Joon ascending the staircase slowly, while Jung Eui-chul apologizes to Lee Min-ho, telling him, “I’m sorry.”

The actors are worn out and many NGs are shot [outtakes], but they stick together and give it their best shot. Maybe he’s read their faces, because the PD shouts, “Great!,” marking the end of their English Village shooting.

However, filming is not over for them. Their faces change when the staff informs them they’ll have to spend all night shooting, but at the words “Let’s go eat,” they head off with simple laughter like young children.

kkot_bts38.jpg

kkot_bts46.jpg

Via Now News, Asia Economy

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/02/a-day-be...before-flowers/

Thanks for that news article, that's almost a fan account.

I'm excited for tonight's episode. Another week of BOF love and Minho goodness.

just 7 hours to go! really miss Min Ho! a week after monday&tuesday is terrible& so long!

by the way, i hope that the PD will reduce the night scenes. i've read that they have to work overnight to catch the pace of episode 12. think about what happened with Kim Bum makes me realy worried about our min Ho :(