Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Guest ml_87

mintysweety: ths gal :D yr translation is accurate (i just read the eng version :sweatingbullets: )

i used to hope that he would have some rest b4 his FM in Guangzhou. but now, his company and those advertisers continue to torture him <_<

thank you to all Min Ho girls for news and pix

in Korean news....article of Boys Over flowers in Thailand's leading English newspaper....want to read them too....hopefully Thai friends can paste it here too

20090617144613349b6_145404_0.jpg

edit: thanks for the online version meow13....

link on korean yahoo news http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...;newssetid=1352

here is the content I got from the online version, there is only the main text but not the side bar about "in love with lee"and "making a difference"

Mean girls and fake friends

By KITCHANA LERSAKVANITCHAKUL

THE NATION ON SUNDAY 14 Jun 2009

Thai fans desperate to see Korea's latest TV tale of high-school friendship and lust will have to pass their exams first

With the Thai craze for all things South Korean, it's not something of a surprise to learn that while TV Channel 7 holds the righrs to the Korean version of hit seriess "Boys Over Flowers", Thai viewers are unlikely to see it in the near future.

That will come as a disappointment tob the thousands of teenage fans of young actor and heartthrob Lee Min-ho who plays leading man Koo Joon-pyo in the series,which began airing on KBS on January 5 this year.

Based on Yoko Kamio's best-selling Japanese shojo manga series "Hana Yori Dango", "Boys Over Flowers" is the latest incarnation of a drama that first appeared on Taiwanese TV under the title "Meteor Garden" back in 2001. Helping to propel it to the top of the rankings were its stars, the members of the massively popular Taiwanese boy band, F4, with Jerry Yan as Dao Ming Si, Vic Zhou as Hua Ze Lei, Ken Zhu as Xi Men, and Vanness Wu as Mei Zuo.

Before long, "Meteor Garden" was showing all over Asia and went on to spawn two

sequels, "Meteor Rain" and "Meteor Garden II".

Japan followed Taiwan's lead and in 2005 came up with their own TV adaptation.

They cast Matsumoto Jun of popular boy band Arashi as Domyoji Tsukasa, Oguri

Shun as Hanazawa Rui, Matsuda Shota as Nishikado Sojiro and Abe Tsuyoshi as

Mimasaka Akira.

Joining Lee Min-ho in Korea's current version are Kim Hyun-joong of boy band SS501, as Yoon Ji-hoo, actor Kim Beom as So Ih-jeong, and Kim Jun of boy band TMax as Son Woo-bin.

So why is Channel 7 holding off?

"We're watching the evolution of the Korean wave as well as keeping an eye on when Thai students take their exams,"explains assistant programme manager Krissada Trishnananda, who also heads up international programme acquisitions.

"The Taiwanese series ['Meteor Garden']drew the attention of many Asian countries

including South Korea," says Ji Hee Hong, managing director of tour agency Happy

Korea and the Korea Thailand Communication Centre. "But there were never any plans to promote it in Thailand.

"And when we brought Lee Min-ho to Bangkok recently, it was to promote South

Korea's tourist destinations, which are also locations for the TV series - like Jeju Island

and Seoul Tower," he adds.

That's why Lee Min-ho wasn't accompanied by other cast members on that trip,though he will be joined by his fellow actors in the series when the "Boys Over Flowers" roadshow heads to Japan.

"I'm pleased that I've become popular because of the series," says the young actor.

"It reflects Korea's culture and the life of high school students."

Min-ho lost six kilograms during the three months of shooting, much of it due to the exhausting schedule. His favourite part,he says with a grin, was getting to kiss costar Geum Jandi.

"Actually, I had a lot of chances to kiss her but her friend always turned up to get in the way. But I got there at last!"

His role in the series has led to several deals with advertisers, including Levi's Signature, LG Telecom, Samsung Anycall and Dunkin Donuts. He's also been named as the next presenter for Pepsi.

"That's an honour. The image of all Pepsi presenters is similar but the difference lies

in their character quirks," he says.

Min-ho has his hairstyle, which is now the trendiest cut for young Korean guys.

"I didn't like it at first, I found it very old-fashioned," he says. "But when it got longer, I changed my mind and felt it suited me better."

He's not certain yet if he'll be asked back for the sequel to the series but says he'll

accept the role if he's offered a contract.

"It's a lot of fun," he grins.

from www.nationmultimedia.com

ths for the article & goodies, gals!! :D

im obsessing Makerel Run

%7Boption%7D800pxmackerelruncast.jpg[/i

%7Boption%7Dmruncharacterschart.jpg[

It's a really good show. You can't help falling in love with all the characters. Even those who you'll hate in the first

few episodes, you'll eventually grow to like.

MinHo's acting is still a little lacking in this drama, it's was a bit too..technical? Like fresh-out-of-the-workshop, so you really get to see his big improvement in Boys Over Flowers.

Guest ml_87

It's a really good show. You can't help falling in love with all the characters. Even those who you'll hate in the first

few episodes, you'll eventually grow to like.

MinHo's acting is still a little lacking in this drama, it's was a bit too..technical? Like fresh-out-of-the-workshop, so you really get to see his big improvement in Boys Over Flowers.

dear, i'm currently watching episode 3. it's a good drama, in my opinion. let me watch all the 8 episodes and comment on his acting here :D.

i even cried when his mom objected to other student's moms and the principal, or when GC piggybacked her. so moved! :tears:

but, i love him with the monitor :rolleyes: . MCW's character is just a big dumb rich girl <_<

Guest jennyalfeche

dear, i'm currently watching episode 3. it's a good drama, in my opinion. let me watch all the 8 episodes and comment on his acting here :D.

i even cried when his mom objected to other student's moms and the principal, or when GC piggybacked her. so moved! :tears:

but, i love him with the monitor :rolleyes: . MCW's character is just a big dumb rich girl <_<

yes! I hate that principal!minho was shouting calling her mom then after her mom walked out from that meeting...

i cried too lan... he is so cute in mackerel run...

do you have I am Sam?i really want a complete episode of it!

please if somebody can give me the link with eng sub and a better quality... huhuhu :mellow:

Guest chiara

yes! I hate that principal!minho was shouting calling her mom then after her mom walked out from that meeting...

i cried too lan... he is so cute in mackerel run...

do you have I am Sam?i really want a complete episode of it!

please if somebody can give me the link with eng sub and a better quality... huhuhu :mellow:

I am Sam complete 16 episodes

Videos: http://aja-aja.com/regular/i-am-sam

Subtitles: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_63238.htm

-----------------------

Another great shot from KSC

2s1rvd5.jpg

Guest ml_87

Thai are so excited for this BOF craze.

Will the cast also visit there?!?

oh, really? Thai fans are really lucky since Mino's been there for 2 times!! :D

if BOF craze is getting bigger, i think the chance F4 come there is high :)

------------

i dun like MCW in levis summer, but i do think they have some chemistry :P

4a38fc207b741_f.jpg

4a38fc2585331_f.jpg

4a38fc278778d_f.jpg

Guest riehae

For MG, the F4 really was a success and even became a group.

But this one, more than the F4, it's the drama and cast who became successful.

And the way they promote, it's usually just a few casts or JunDi couple.