Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

It seems that Minho has learned Chinese very hard, his Chinese pronunciation got lots of progress. His Chinese sounds very good right now.    good_org.gif
So, let me teach you some Chinese this time.   zy_thumb.gif

Translation :

0:19 LMH : (In Chinese) Hello, everyone, Long time no see. I'm Lee Min Ho.
       Q : Oh that's great ! Have you learned more Chinese other than introducing yourself ?
       LMH : (In Chinese) Maygwanxi, Dengyixia, Shagua, XieXie.
                 (Teacher gt : Mayqwanxi → it's ok or no problem, Dengyixia → wait a minute,
                  Shagua → silly guy,
XieXie → thank you.)

1:02 Q: Oppa, Changtuei Oppa, Shuaiqi, and Mong, and Nanyoulee, which one is your favorite ?
           (Teacher gt : Changtuei Oppa  → long leg Oppa, Shuaiqi → handsome, Mong → adorable,
            Nanyoulee → boy friend's power)

LMH : If I must choose one, should be Changtuei Oppa. When I came to China long time ago,
                 fans liked to call me long leg Oppa, so it's most familiar. Every time I heard that,
                 there is a little special and different feeling. 

1:43 LMH : My action scenes before actually were lots of fightings by my own body, but this time,
                 adding more wire-hanging, so all fighting scenes will become more gorgeous
                 and higher skills.

2:07 Q : You should be the action DanDang in this movie, but I feel that you should be the
             Yenzhi DanDang also, which one are you after all ?
            (Teacher gt : DanDang  → who is responsible for something, Yenzhi → looks or appearance)

LMH : Action DanDang ! To say accurately, I was indeed responsible for action scenes in this movie. 
       Q : Then who is Yenzhi DanDang ?
       LMH : Many, like Tang Yen, Wallace, and more.

2:40 Q : Sometimes, maybe the translator can't not express the most proper words to each of you,
             how's your tacit understanding to complete the works ?
       LMH : Actually the most parts were completed based on the script, there were basic and specific
                 communications through the script, besides, sometimes eye contacts could make us
                 understand  each other.

3:07 Q : About Chinese foods, what's your favorite ?
       LMH : Beijing Kao-ia, HuoKwuo, and the one I posted on Weibo before.
       (Teacher gt : Beijing Kao-ia → Beijing roast duck, HuoKwuo → Shabu Shabu)

3:25 LMH : Xiexie Nimen, Wou Ai Nimen, XieXie.
      (Teacher gt :  Xiexie Nimen → thank you all, Wou Ai Nimen → I love you all)

• Like 15

May 18, 2016

Top 5 celebrities who would be inventors like Thomas Edison

Celebrating the 2016 Inventor‘s day, Seven Edu conducted a survey to choose which Korean celebrity would be perfect as a inventor.

The survey question read: “Who would be the best star to become an inventor just like Thomas Edison?”

Below are the top five stars chosen, based on answers of 562 people.

(skipped unrelated.....)

No.4 Lee Min-ho, Park Shin-hye (4 percent)

(SIngles, MYM Ent.)

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 6

***  Ye, I know about this leg injury.....  and he has metal pins in his body after suffering a car accident in the past.  And I know also that exempt for military service -include those who suffer from medical problems (especially eye problem).  That's why, some are enlisted for the social service. They call it “Public Service Personnel” and LMH is one later on. It deals with public services, like working at train stations and selling tickets or transporting goods for the military or working in parking lots & cultural centers. It’s a fixed hourly job that doesn’t involve a lot of physical stress. Usually, those who are assigned here are those not strong enough condition to handle the physical stresses of active duty. Actually, people with medical issues are either exempt completely or they are instead ordered to serve their military terms as a public service worker (Civil service). So, the mandatory social service is given to men in Korea in place of military service for some reasons. Being a Public Service Personnel you could only work regular working hours and you’re allowed to spend your free time on your own. Now, I'm curious when the exact date of his enlistment is because he's allowed to choose his own enlistment dates, anyway. I wonder if he already received a Letter of Notice by this time from the military.  So, if this is soon, sigh..........no drama comeback? :phew: ;)

May 19, 2016

Lee Min-ho exempt from active military service

SEOUL, May 19 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Min-ho has been exempted from active military service required of all able-bodied South Korean men because of his medical history, his talent agency said Thursday.

The 28-year-old will instead work in the public service for about two years, MYM Entertainment said, adding it has not been decided when he will start the service.

The decision was made because he has screws in a leg he broke in a car accident in 2009.

Lee has recently filmed "Bounty Hunters," a South Korean-Chinese movie that will be released in July.

South Korea requires all capable men to serve in the military for about two years to counter threats from North Korea, with which it technically remains at war. The 1950-53 Korean War ended in an armistice, not a peace treaty.

Actor Lee Min-ho (Yonhap)

Actor Lee Min-ho (Yonhap)

sojungpark@yna.co.kr

(END)

• Like 1

Male stars’ drinking capacities

Koreans are known for their love of soju, distilled rice liquor dubbed as the “national alcohol” here. Korean stars are no exception to this fondness.

Check out which male stars are some of the heaviest drinkers of this hard liquor:

(skipped unrelated.....)

Actor Lee Min-ho said in a TV interview that he is not one for drinking, adding he can only down about four shots of soju.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

*** It seems that we still could get to see LMH in the small screen before he goes into MS. I hope so..... I don´t understand & doesn’t make sense to me why it’s bad for K-netizens if a K-male is not getting into active duty. LMH is serving his military, anyway, so why this complain & hate? Is it because he will take the easy route? Seriously, why do they care about if he’s fit enough to do active duty? Why do they have high regards to celebrity who's in-active duty-service? Being in a public service is also serving your military, why do they have to do active duty to be praised? ;)

May 19, 2016

Lee Min-ho exempt from military

(MYM Entertainment)

Actor Lee Min-ho is to take on alternative civilian service in place of military service, according to insiders in the entertainment industry.

On Thursday, local media outlets reported that Lee will be working as a civilian service worker instead of enlisting in the Army, with the exact enlistment dates unknown.

The reason given was a past injury from a serious car accident in 2006. Lee had metal rods inserted into his fractured leg, which were later removed to improve his acting in stunt scenes.

Moreover, he was involved in another car accident in 2011 during the filming of TV drama “City Hunter,” with the car being partly destroyed. Lee was therefore given an exclusion from the typical military service.

Still from "City Hunter" (SBS)

In a recent interview with a Chinese media outlet, he mentioned his next SBS drama series would be his last before enlistment.

All men with Korean citizenship between the age of 18 and 35 must enlist in the military, as South and North Korea remain technically still at war. However, men with certain medical conditions may be allowed alternative service as public interest personnel, working in various parts of the public sector in lieu of military service.

By Kim Ji-young (christinekim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, willenette said:

*** It seems that we still could get to see LMH in the small screen before he goes into MS. I hope so..... I don´t understand & doesn’t make sense to me why it’s bad for K-netizens if a K-male is not getting into active duty. LMH is serving his military, anyway, so why this complain & hate? Is it because he will take the easy route? Seriously, why do they care about if he’s fit enough to do active duty? Why do they have high regards to celebrity who's in-active duty-service? Being in a public service is also serving your military, why do they have to do active duty to be praised? ;)

Heard that Dispatch reported more about 2006 car accident and Jung Il-woo will take civilian service for he's unqualified into military also. 
The article is here  :    http://www.dispatch.co.kr/520604

Just read the Chinese translation of above article, both of them have not 100% recovered after car accident till now. The length of Minho's legs are  different after surgery. Notional Defense Department determined it would be impossible going to military for unqualified physical examinations ten years ago.        

• Like 5