Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest roshinip

I'm not sure if these pix have already been posted as there are so many recent airport pix, these are just.... breath- taking

10953277_881953751898823_120249098614519

11751880_881953821898816_837448763161822

11063801_881953805232151_304438484927766

Cr owners

And actually, if Chinese people call him "Minho", that's a friendly calling, usually we call our families (especially the elder call the junior) or friends/schoolmates/colleagues like that.
Sure because he is a Korean, we should follow Korean culture and call him "Minho ssi" or "Minho oppa".

It seems that I made myself misunderstood again.

First of all, I didn't intend to argue that you should follow the Korean culture or call him 'Minho ssi' or 'Minho oppa' in front of him.

When I saw some Chinese fans or Japanese fans called him just 'Minho' in the past, I regarded it as a friendly calling and found nothing rude about it. And if the fan I mentioned had called him just 'Minho', I would not have felt otherwise from the beginning. 

However, calling him 'Lee Min Ho' without 'Mr' instead of 'Minho' felt quite strange for me. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

I was just curious whether it is accepted as normal (without being regarded as impolite) to call someone by his full name without an honorific IN HIS FACE. That's what I wanted to ask as a non native English speaker.

For example, if I happen to meet Leonardo Dicaprio in LAX accidentally, will it be okay that I just say to him "Leonardo Dicaprio, would you give me an autograph?" instead of calling him 'Mr Dicaprio', 'Mr Leonardo Dicaprio' or just 'Leo' in a friendly way.

From the perspective of English speakers, will Leonardo Dicaprio be likely to think that I'm a rude fan or not?

That's what I want to ask. 

Edited by zinnia

Lee Min-ho, Suzy spotted at airport on same day

Korea’s top celebrity couple Lee Min-ho and Suzy both arrived Saturday at Incheon International Airport.

Suzy, who attended Valentino’s fashion show in Rome last week, showed up at the airport, dressed in a casual military look. She showed off her oversized shirt and casual navy slacks, which looked comfy yet fashionable on her.

Two hours after Suzy appeared at the airport, Lee arrived from Los Angeles, walking into the arrival lounge with his bodyguards. He recently finished his photo session in LA with fashion magazine Elle. The actor wore a beige shirt over jeans. He also sported a big mask to cover most of his face, but still managed to look stunning.

The actor rose to the stardom with the hit drama “Boys over Flowers,” and is currently working on the movie “Bounty Hunters,” which is scheduled to premiere next year.

By Ko Ji-seon (jiseonko@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Annyeong, Minoz! smileys-waving-606884.gif

Our thread finally got quiet today after a frenzied weekend.  Time to recharge since we'll be seeing more of him in a day (or so) when he arrives at the red carpet of the Bucheon Filmfest on Thursday 7/16.  

@willenette Thanks for your updates.  But that article you posted above got LMH's picture wrong :angry: Let us not give this type of misinformed and irresponsible media the time of day by posting their non-news here.  Thank you!

@zinnia Thank you for your generous trans of the DC fan account at the 7/12 screening of GB in Japan blow-kiss-smiley-emoticon.gif He sounded smart and witty, as always.  

And the MC said the scene of revealing Minho's naked torso was edited out from the theater version but is included in the DVD. Then Minho joked that the fans will fast forward to that part and repeat it.  LMAO He knows us too well, doesn't he? :lol:  If he only knows that his bare-chested scenes in GB have already been immortalized in GIFs and MVs. heia_org.gif

On the question of future plans, he answered that he will shoot the movie 'Bounty Hunters' and after that he will do a Korean drama series though unconfirmed yet. Ok, be still my heart.....does this mean that he's looking at something already or the plan of doing a k-drama per se is still unsure?  No, you do not have to answer.....I'm sure we all want to know when it's for real and not just a concept.  smiley24.gif

As to your question: I was just curious whether it is accepted as normal (without being regarded as impolite) to call someone by his full name without an honorific IN HIS FACE. That's what I wanted to ask as a non native English speaker.  Allow me to reply:  In general US usage, you would use "Mr. Lee" if you are in a formal or business setting, or to address someone of authority.  Calling him "Lee Min Ho" is an acceptable form of greeting sometimes especially among peers. It all depends on how it was said--friendly or mockingly.  In the case of the LA fan at the airport, I think she's been watching too many dramas where characters call each other by their full names, am I right?  ( "Kim Tan!", 'Cha Eun Sang", etc.) As to what we call local actors here to their faces, and speaking from experience at some movie premieres, I hear "Brad" and "Brad Pitt" shouted almost equally, although AJ is always just "Angie or Angelina" to both fans and paparazzi.  As for me, if and when I see LMH in the flesh, and because my age wouldn't let me call him "Oppa", I might just call him "Minho Jagiya".  Would that be OK?  tza_org.gif

MJ Twitter update 20150714 lovea_org.gif

e3970d78jw1eu2e9xt71uj208c0c3q3e.jpg

I was wrong.  Looks like that GB's public screenings in Japan will start towards the end of the year---October 17.

e3970d78jw1eu2ea14mvmj20u016rq8p.jpg

More GIFS from Japan cr as tagged via wenroad

hearta_org.gifhearta_org.gif

e3970d78gw1eu2825dflug20by08y4p5.gif

e3970d78gw1eu281yjprtg20by08ynpd.gife3970d78gw1eu2822kdz1g20by08ye81.gife3970d78gw1eu2823n5yjg20by08yniq.gif

• Like 8

According to LifeDaegu (HERE), LMH will appear in Daegu on July 17th to open the Octoberfest or Chi-Mak festival there.  No fan signing though.  More details to follow.  @CarolynH Should we get together for our own version of Korean chi-mak (fried chicken and beer)? :w00t:

SHIMAO wechat update 20150714

:wub:

64441a2fjw1eu2744zrpmj20hs0nnn1u.jpg

CJ3pqzcUcAALL5_.jpgCJ3preYUEAAE5X_.jpg

==================

MORE K-NEWS ON GB IN JAPAN %5BEmoticon%5D%20OK%20Asd.gif

on NAVER

on ASIATODAY

Lee Min Ho, 日 'Gangnam Blues' suggests a large attendance ... 'communication-type actor'

...Gangnam Blues' premiere there were about 8,000 people in the audience,  reflecting the overwhelming interest for the first starring film of actor Lee Min-ho.

CJ6dLGIVEAAy_1H.jpg

cto via minojennalee

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho’s ‘Gangnam 1970′ special screening in Japan draws 8,000 fans

65126-340410-700x700.jpg

Lee Min Ho‘s movie ‘Gangnam 1970‘ (director: Yoo Ha) recently held a special screening in Japan, and gathered over 8,000 Japanese fans.

The special screening was held twice in a day at the Pacifico Yokohama National Convention Hall, and the number of fans in attendance was a rare sight that even local actors might find it hard to match.

Many local media outlets were in attendance to do their reporting, and they expressed that it was hard for a large scale movie event like this to be held, especially with Korean movies not doing really well in Japan recently. But Lee Min Ho’s improved and upgraded performance in ‘Gangnam 1970,’ managed to draw attention from fans in Japan.

Lee Min Ho had amassed much popularity in Japan through dramas like ‘Boys Over Flowers,’ ‘City Hunter,’ and ‘The Heirs,’ where he put on sterling performances in them. Lee Min Ho had a breakthrough performance in ‘Gangnam 1970,’ where he showed off his upgraded acting.

‘Gangnam 1970′ focuses on the lucrative real estate development frenzy in Gangnam in the seventies, and Japanese viewers would no doubt find it hard to get into the story. But this did not affect their viewing however, and some were even moved to tears. As the movie rolled its credits at the end, everyone stood up to give a round of applause.

Lee Min Ho personally attended the screening schedules which lasted 6 hours, and actively interacted with viewers as he shared his thoughts on filming the movie. Japanese fans also expressed their anticipation for Lee Min Ho’s performances after he turns 30 years old.

Meanwhile, ‘Gangam 1970′ will open in cinemas across Japan from October 17th.

By: Alvin
Copyright: KpopFighting

• Like 8

@pixie0622  Thank you for your kind explanation.

I brought a summary of another fan account written by 007☞빵

On the second talk session, there was a corner when Minho had to answer with yes(O) or no(X).

MC: During the filming period of GB, there was a case that you felt the urge to go home because the filming was too hard. Yes or No?

Minho raised the 'O' sign board and said "Yesyesyes"

On the following question of the MC, he repeated 'Yes' at least six or seven times. 

At his answer everybody laughed out loud.

And 미노愛뒷북언니 brought the video clip of that moment shot by herself. 

According to the video clip, on 0:20 Minho said "I felt that I wanted to go home quite many times. ......  First of all, it was too hot and it was a movie where I had to use my body a lot so I felt that it was really hard physically many times.

on this video clip above, you can see the fans called him "Jong-Dae Oppa" in unison.

===========================================================

A non-fan dropped by DC LMH gall and left a news of Minho just now.

He/She just passed by near Kyongbokgung Palace and saw Minho filming something.

Fans envy the non-fan saying "All the luck of seeing Minho accidentally always goes to non-fans." ^^

Edited by zinnia
  • Like 7

@pixie0622:  I'm in!  Let's go for chicken and beer.  Better yet, we need to find a Korean restaurant with photos of LMH in the women's restroom.  Yes, ladies, there is a Korean restaurant close to my condo with photos of LMH in the women's restroom.  I have to tell you it is an odd feeling using the bathroom with photos of LMH around you.  

• Like 5

Lee Min-ho takes ‘Gangnam 1970’ to Japan

Actor Lee Min-ho hosted two previews of his film “Gangnam 1970” in Japan, his agency Starhaus Entertainment said Wednesday. 

According to the company, Lee held two previews of the film for his Japanese fans in Yokohama. 

“Gangnam 1970” tells the story of two vagabonds who try to cash in on the rapid development of southern Seoul in the 70s. 

The movie, released earlier this year in Korea, was Lee’s big screen debut. 

The movie, also known as “Gangnam Blues” was sold to 14 countries including China, Japan and Indonesia. 

The movie will be released in Japan on Oct. 17. 

According to Lee’s agency, the preview events drew more than 8,000 people and much attention from Japanese media. 

“The event was the biggest of its kind held for a Korean movie in Japan,” a Starhaus Entertainment official said, adding that the movie was well-received by Japanese media. 

By Choi Hee-suk (cheesuk@heraldcorp.com)

Edited by ilwoo_aein
  • Like 3

Guest roshinip

From the recent airport pix, love his messy hair :P

11745813_882544745173057_217246727687529

11169198_477870542376532_255481993208863

and this is Lee Min Ho for Shimao, so adorable:wub:

11750729_858897607536737_589409507184309

Cr owners

One staff of today's work complained about the loss of the citizenship about those photos of Minho distributed in the SNS. 

He wrote that the staff had requested for the cooperation of the citizens not to take pictures of Minho's shooting today because it was not supposed to be open to the public yet.

Please take down those photos from your SNS and open thread. 

And please share this information with other Minoz who share them in their SNS.

Let's wait until the official photos are published soon.

It seems to be about the promotion of Korean tourism industry as you guessed. 

==========================================

Edit

The staff of this cf tried to prevent leaking of Minho's pictures today but it seems to be beyond his control.

The official twitter of Jongmyo(The Royal Ancestors' Shrine of Joseon Dynasty) uploaded his pictures today.

The staff should have requested the cooperation of the government officials first. 

Now I don't know what I should do.

Just enjoy yourself as you wish.  ^^

Edited by zinnia
  • Like 7