Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest Moonrain

Annyeong Minoz! :-h
Glad that GB is doing well in the box office and hope it will stay that way in the coming weeks :-bd
@minomi11 wah look at that! you can see the ripped abs even from the side, makes me cry all the more that the nude scene was cut out :((
a feast for the eyes :>
694c55d8jw1eomusueo2lg20cc06y7wi.gif
Cr: Logo
Minho at Incheon Airport Today
love the dimples as always :x50ec2bd8jw1eomv21vjklj218g0xcth5.jpg50ec2bd8jw1eomv22k26dj218g0xcqb4.jpg
Cr: April_Chen

"Gangnam Blues" Lee Min-ho, "Violent and intimate scenes"

photo556313.jpg

Lee Min-ho has a quality of a superstar. It was hard to find the shy smile that he had when we met him in 2008 before he rose to stardom. Eight years later, he has become a great young man with a killer smile and charisma in his eyes. He was confident about his speech which made reporters proud of him.

Lee Min-ho's first leading role in "Gangnam Blues" is an action movie about the passion, loyalty and betrayal of two men during the time of the Gangnam land development. Lee Min-ho plays Kim Jong-dae who joins the land of war for his simple dream of obtaining a house of his own. Lee Min-ho asked how the movie was as soon as he met us. We honestly told him that there are pros and cons and he smiled as if he expected that answer.

"The movie is quite stimulating. We edited most of the violent and intimate scenes but the overall flow of the movie is much too strong. There were only good reviews about it after the premier, but later there were bad ones, too. I expected this reaction although I personally enjoyed the movie and thought it was fun. If I starred in a movie, I wanted to be a mature man in his 20s and I think this movie is exactly that. This character is much different from what I'm used to so I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do".

We can tell how he's so well-suited to the screens. There are places where he could work on more but he's so alive in "Gangnam Blues". His manly features and fit body is perfect for a 'noir' film. His flying kick brings awe to the audience. We could see just how long his 112 centimeter legs were. Although, he seems uncomfortable sitting at the low table from constantly switching positions.

"I think it's the dream of every actor to attempt a noir film. I really wanted to do it without worrying about using my body for action. Many people worried about me when I first got the offer, but I was pulled into the character. I didn't simply choose this character to relieve myself of the old one. I was depressed in my early 20s because I didn't have work; I was poor and had no confidence. I reflected those emotions to Jong-dae. The director told me he chose me for this role because he remembered my cold eyes from the movie "Public Enemy Returns". He teased me that it was gone and I worked hard to bring it back".

Lee Min-ho thought for a moment when we mentioned success. He's already a star in Asia and the effect of the results he creates with his decisions are considerate. He has too much pressure to think that he chose the role just because he's an actor. He knew this very well and he seemed very nervous about the release of "Gangnam Blues" in which he spent a year of his time on.

"I heard the breaking point was 3 million people. I wish we could do at least that. If we break through 5 million people, I would fly. It might not be easy as it's adult rated but I can hope. If we don't do as well as we expected, that's fine. But who can we blame? It's my choice. I didn't choose this movie for the sake of challenge. The public gives me the nickname "STAR" and they can take it back if they want to. I just did my best and in the next one I want to try something more extreme. A love story with a message or a war movie like "Fury" would be fun, too".

How is ordinary Lee Min-ho's life? In a recent show he starred in, he claimed that he was in love a year ago. The film promotional team said, "We tried to block that question but he's too honest".

"I'm always open to romance. I'm still waiting for 'the one'. I dream about my other half meeting me on the seat next to me on a plane. However, I have to be careful. I have no choice but to observe someone I may like. Then if I'm sure, I'll make a film. That's why chances are narrow for me. It's the sad truth. I don't have any particular hobbies. I can't drink well. I drink some beer occasionally when I'm off I play games with my friends or go skiing. And I'm always searching for something new to do".

photo556314.jpg

Source : daily.hankooki.com/lp...

Translation : Hancinema

What a happy Minho and GB weekend for me it was.

I went to four stage greeting screenings and a special screening for Minoz.

I got special presents from Minho and bought Minho's GB photo book, too.

Totally I sat over ten hours at the cinema this weekend. At the end, I felt back pain. ^^

But I don't want to waste any chance to see Minho on the big screen.

I already watched GB ten times in total, but I bought tickets for today and tomorrow. 

And I plan to watch it as much as possible. Actually since last Wednesday I went to the cinema after work instead of going home. ^^

I know some fans don't want any spoilers, but I'd like to recommend you to search for the character chart(or introduction) in advance before watching GB.

There are many characters in the movie, so if you don't have any knowledge about characters, it will be hard for you to understand who-works-for-whom, and who-is-whose-enemy at first. 

I saw many Korean moviegoers complained about that. 

GB can be a boring movie for those people who can't grasp the character's relations quickly. 

Even for me, I recognized every face at my second watching.

And for those who will watch GB in your countries with subtitles, I will teach you some swearing words so that you can understand how often Jong Dae and other people curse in the movie. ^^

The first one is "ssibal" or "ssipal". It is an outright swearing. I think it's equivalent to F-word in English.

So if you use this word to strangers in real life, you will be in a big trouble.

But Jong Dae sometimes says this word to Yong Gi in an endearing way. LOL

I hope you will be able to differentiate it from real swearing. ^^

The second one is "gaesaekki" or "gaesaekkya". It means SOB. 

I hope this can be any help for you. ^^

Lee Min-ho gains 26 million followers on Weibo

Updated : January 26 2015

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20150126
(OSEN)

Hallyu star Lee Min-ho’s followers on Chinese microblogging site Weibo hit 26 million on Saturday, reflecting his surging popularity in China.

The-27-year-old heartthrob’s Weibo followers hit the mark after he shared a photo of his big-screen debut film “Gangnam 1970” on Saturday, outpacing top-rated Chinese actress Fan Bingbing (21.7 million).

Lee’s followers on Weibo already surpassed 20 million in March last year and have been gradually increasing.

Notably, the number of followers spiked after the premiere of his film noir “Gangnam 1970” released in Korea on Jan.21.

Chinese news outlets have attributed the increase to the Chinese fan’s anticipation toward his new film.

Meanwhile, “Gangnam 1970” is close to notching up 1 million viewers nationwide since its release.

By Hong Hye-jin (honghyejin@heraldcorps.com)

Source kpopherald

From http://variety.com/c/asia/:Korea Box Office: ‘Gangnam Blues,’ ‘Big Hero 6’ Finally Topple ‘Ode’gangnam-blues_still-resized.jpg?crop=0px
SEOUL — “Ode to My Father,” which had sat on top of the Korean box office for the past six weeks, was finally toppled. But newcomers “Gangnam Blues” and “Big Hero 6” were almost neck and neck over the Jan. 19—25 January.
“Gangnam Blues,” a local noir action movie written and directed by Yoo Ha, opened last Wednesday and beat “Ode” by drawing 150,000 admissions on the opening day. The action movie earned $7.57 million in its opening 5 days.
Arriving initially in third slot was another newcomer “Big Hero 6,” the first Disney animated feature based on a Marvel property. The Golden Globe Awards-nominated animation topped the chart on Sunday, narrowly beating “Gangnam” by scoring $5.03 million from the weekend alone. Over its five day run it managed $6.31 million, for second place behind “Gangnam,” but ahead of “ode.”
Melodrama “Ode” pushed its total past 12 million admissions Sunday and recorded a cumulative haul of $86.55 million, according to KOBIS, the box office tracking service of the Korean Film Council (KOFIC).
Two local dramas handled by Korea’s major distributors “Love Forecast” and “Chronicles of a Blood Merchant” both saw slumps, of 42% and 55% respectively. 
Splitting the two was “Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb,” the top U.S. title from the previous week. It was watched by 140,000 spectators during the weekend and now has a cumulative box office score of $6.20 million.
“John Wick” opened in seventh spot with $465,000. “Ex Machina,” a sci-fi thriller handled by Universal Pictures International Korea, opened on the same day as leaders “Gangnam” and “Big Hero 6.” Showing on 204 screens nationwide, the movie scored $413,700 on 55,200 admissions in its first 5 days.
Source:  Variety-------------------------------Another article from  Hollywood Reporter:
South Korean Box Office: 'Big Hero 6' Debuts Second Behind Local Action Film 'Gangnam Blues'
South Korean drama Ode to My Father ended its long reign at the top of the box office, as local actioner Gangnam Blues and Disney's Big Hero 6 respectively made big debuts last week.
Gangnam Blues, starring Asian superstar Lee Min-ho, took 26.9 percent of the weekend revenue during this period (Jan. 23-25). The film distributed by Showbox/Mediaplex has so far earned $7.6 million and is expected to reap more sales as it opens across 13 Asian countries.
In addition to its successful pre-sale to neighboring countries, the film will make its official market debut at the European Film Market during the Berlin Film Festival next month. Gangnam Blues is about the friendship and betrayal between two ambitious young men during Korea's tumultuous 1970s economic development, as they become involved in the real estate business of Seoul's posh Gangnam area (yes, as in "Gangnam Style"). The film marks the third in director Yoo Ha's noir "street trilogy" following Spirit of Jeet Keun Do (2004) and A Dirty Carnival (2006). 
Next came Big Hero 6, which trailed close behind in second place by taking 24.6 percent of sales and a cumulative gross of $6.32 million. The robot hero story follows in the unprecedented success of last year's Frozen, which became one of the highest grossing films in Korean box office history. Both films are handled by Walt Disney Company Korea. Big Hero 6 also drew a lot of attention here for featuring the the voice of regionally popular star Daniel Henney, an American model-turned-actor of Korean descent.
Read more John Lasseter: Disney-Pixar Has No Plans to Localize in Asia Just Yet
Homespun family drama Ode to My Father toppled down to third place after dominating the box office for five consecutive weeks, but still accounted for 18.4 percent of tickets sold. The CJ Entertainment film has so far brought in a total of $86.27 million or over 12 million viewers — topping Haeundae (a.k.a. Tidal Wave), another record-breaking blockbuster directed by JK Youn. In terms of admissions, by which local theaters primarily measure a film's performance, Ode to My Father is now the eighth most watched film in Korean cinema history.
Homegrown romantic comedy Love Forecast, stepped down to fourth place from last week's second. Another CJ Entertainment release, the film grabbed 10.2 percent of sales with cumu earning of $11.37 million.
Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb fell down to fifth place after debuting in third last week. The Twentieth Century Fox Korea title brought in 6 percent of sales over the weekend, with total earnings amounting to $6.2 million since opening on Jan. 14.
Homegrown family drama Chronicles of a Blood Merchant (Showbox/Mediaplex) came in sixth while John Wick (Joy N Contents) starring Keanu Reeves debuted at seventh (2.2 percent of sales or a total $690,000). American Sniper finished eighth, slipping down three spots from last week's fifth. The Warner Bros. Korea has so far earned about $1.2 million.

Guest prosperity

Can you guys put the movie pictures in spoilers please?

I want to enjoy the movie but I feel like these pictures are spoiling the excitement for me.

I know you guys might want to share, but can you be considerate of those who, like me, want to wait for the movie?

Putting the pictures in spoilers would really be appreciated. At the moment there is no warning and I feel like I am being force fed these pictures.

zinnia said:

What a happy Minho and GB weekend for me it was.

I went to four stage greeting screenings and a special screening for Minoz.

I got special presents from Minho and bought Minho's GB photo book, too.

Totally I sat over ten hours at the cinema this weekend. At the end, I felt back pain. ^^

But I don't want to waste any chance to see Minho on the big screen.

I already watched GB ten times in total, but I bought tickets for today and tomorrow. 

And I plan to watch it as much as possible. Actually since last Wednesday I went to the cinema after work instead of going home. ^^

I know some fans don't want any spoilers, but I'd like to recommend you to search for the character chart(or introduction) in advance before watching GB.

There are many characters in the movie, so if you don't have any knowledge about characters, it will be hard for you to understand who-works-for-whom, and who-is-whose-enemy at first. 

I saw many Korean moviegoers complained about that. 

GB can be a boring movie for those people who can't grasp the character's relations quickly. 

Even for me, I recognized every face at my second watching.