Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Gangnam 1970, Singapore - Jan 28, 2015

On the evening of Jan 28, 2015 - one day prior to the official premiere of Gangnam 1970 in Singapore - 64 of us had the privilege of attending a private viewing in the movie theatre. This was organised by a group of Singapore Minoz who spent closed to a month to get this together with fan support items, kudos to all my Minoz friends :x
@mtdt @yyanz1 @muziksnob
12876_830571360336821_249259651780571309
10945726_830571353670155_110429950010859

Fan Support10011422_830571400336817_267899987462572
10920924_830576680336289_143271021502678
10665748_830576667002957_418030867884294

Tada, our group photo 
10941440_830572320336725_515208079249600
group photo credits: Vivien & Picadilly of Singapore Minoz

Thanks @Kris_Silva for and @mosquito for the character chart. I am terrible with Korean names.

So he went to HongKong for a CTF fan meet, and  some cf shooting for Taobao. Has it been over a year already since his first take with Taobao? Are they still keeping him. I would expect most of the contract terms are 6-12 months only. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

I like his selfcam. It's fun to watch, he was like a kid with a new toy. More importantly we can see people on the street and movie viewers, and their reaction wehn seeing him, from the angles that Minoz could not have..

==

I enjoy reading movie critics so far. Different reviewers, but they share the same impression about GB. I can't help but want to highlight the adjectives and phrases they used to describe GB

...It's ambitious and has a fascinating backdrop but it's also filled with all the fun that comes with the gangster genre. It's also one of the most beautifully made Korean films I've ever seen, with stunning period detail and luminous photography. I also have to mention the terrific soundtrack, filled with evocative 70s Korean music, which gives the movie a lot of character. It's certainly on the long side and not without its faults, but GANGNAM BLUES is top-drawer entertainment, epic and intimate in equal measure, matching it soaring ambition with impeccable craft and a poetic sensibility...
source

...this film is set to stand the test of time owing to Yoo’s captivating craftsmanship that will demand subsequent viewings. Beautifully shot and choreographed it captures the era in glorious fashion – also aided by an excellent 1970s soundtrack that includes Filipino folk-singer Freddie Aguilar’s song Anak that was released in the late ‘70s...
source

Doesn't GB sound like beautiful piece of art that will become classic. I was thrilled reading that.
However, GB seems like it is not for everyone. It's not meant to please the viewers who only like sugar coated stuff:

...“Gangnam 1970” is an allegory. It makes no attempt to bring glamour to either the mafia underworld or the high-ranking government powers ― only revulsion. There are no thrilling action sequences, only unrefined fist-fighting; no thugs with hidden hearts of gold, only ruthless, savage self-interest. All groups, in the end, are fighting for their own in a world that allows no room for humanity or morals. Whereas brotherly love and family ties would triumph in your more optimistic plot, in Yoo’s view of society, these values are trampled like bulldozed land. ..
source

even the reviewers were unsure if many people can take the darkness of it. This is the only factor that may hinder the commercial success of the movie. I think Yoo Ha, the cast and the crew were fully aware of it, but they didn't trade their artistry for anything else.

...That said, the film is dark and quite ambitious and I'm not entirely sure how word of mouth will pan out... source

...Going forward, its success will depend on how viewers react to its dark tone... source

But those who can get it, watching it once is not enough:

...I know I'll be watching it again soon and I hope others take a chance on it too... source

...this film is set to stand the test of time owing to Yoo’s captivating craftsmanship that will demand subsequent viewings...  source

At first, I thought I would go to see the movie just to support Minho because I've never been interested in a gangster movie. Now I realize there will be a lot to appreciate it. Can't wait till the day.

Mosquito said: Gangnam 1970, Singapore - Jan 28, 2015

On the evening of Jan 28, 2015 - one day prior to the official premiere of Gangnam 1970 in Singapore - 64 of us had the privilege of attending a private viewing in the movie theatre. This was organised by a group of Singapore Minoz who spent closed to a month to get this together with fan support items, kudos to all my Minoz friends :x
@mtdt @yyanz1 @muziksnob

@Mosquito Thanks chingu for sharing your first impressions. Yup, we can't wait to see it for ourselves next week smiley_goodluck_yellow.gif  @alovebof Thank you, too, for sharing the news about the successful premiere of GB in Thailand =D> It looks like everyone was having a good time even if the movie is deemed "dark" and "ruthless".  May I ask what the movie's rating is in Thailand?  In Singapore, I believe it's R-21---am I correct, @Mosquito?
@adamfever I too feel bad about the movie being banned in Vietnam.  I saw pics of how much Minoz Vietnam prepared for the premiere :(However, I'm glad that Showbox seems unwilling to compromise the film's integrity in efforts to gain audiences.  Like @Mosquito said, if it needs to get a restricted rating in order to be shown, so be it.  I would rather that a few people see it in its original form than be cut up to a version that sacrifices its message/ original intent.  
 I'm sure many fans want to see it mainly because our boy has been absent from the screen for far too long.  On the other hand, Minho said that he did not do this to increase his popularity--else why would he opt for a dark and depressing film that is R-rated (considering that majority of his fans are students) instead of a GP-rated romantic love story?  

Notwithstanding the heavy theme and "un-pretty" visuals...R-RATED GANGNAM 1970 STAYS KING OF THE SK BOX OFFICE AS IT ENTERS ITS 2ND WEEK! <:-P <:-P bfbd9882jw1eopmsplfszj20da0nmtav.jpg
cr galaxy0401
LMH is in the cover of many magazines this week across Asia.  But I am keenly interested in this interview from Taiwan's TVBS Weekly ;))hearta_org.gif
b01256c8jw1eopxuf3li8j216n1kwqd4.jpg
C-literate chingus, please share interesting tidbits, please :-*Inside Pages--

b01256c8jw1eopxujpn3oj21kw2dsx6p.jpgb01256c8jw1eopxup2mtgj21kw25zhdu.jpgb01256c8jw1eopxuu01owj21kw2627wi.jpgb01256c8jw1eopxvfaxglj21kw2cax6p.jpgb01256c8jw1eopxvilobtj21kw2glqv5.jpgb01256c8jw1eopxvovg6oj21kw2aj7wh.jpg

cr Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE wb
BONUS:Love this smiling face at the airport yesterday  :x :x 005wJkhbjw1eopppf6mzmj30hr0qodi4.jpg
cr AnnminoBalralpunsu

@kiklamino Chingu, thank you for explaining what Hymen (as Taobao used it) could mean ;))  The ad makes perfect sense to me now  :)) B8aNLbhCYAAi9KU.jpg:large

=================
MH and co-model rookie Kim Ji-Soo make headlines in SK for their "chemistry" while shooting the new Samsonite RED CF [source]Girl, all I can say is, "Get in line!" >:PB8ehVMLCAAEdLdk.jpg

B8ehVL6CAAAybAq.jpg

==============Saw this funny video taken at the CTF HK FM.Ahjumma =))<<< http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:dbb37d17a5d6bac332970c18a371a55c >>>
Seen in HK:  Minho seems to own this prime spot at SOGO Causeway Bay.  First for OSIM, now FILA ;;)005uOsrsjw1eopj6nir9pj30p018g45i.jpg
cr hikiroue wb

Young actors rise as big-screen heavyweights

Television hitmakers Kim Woo-bin, Lee Min-ho and Lee Seung-gi have expanded their sphere of influence by becoming major ticket sellers at the box office.

The three 20-something actors have long been TV’s favorite stars, and now they have proven that their popularity is not limited to the small screen.

(OSEN)

Of the three, Lee Min-ho has made the biggest splash.

Director Yoo Ha’s “Gangnam 1970,” the first movie in which Lee Min-ho had a lead role, jumped straight to the top of the local box office and has been seen by 1.2 million audience members.

Although Lee Seung-gi’s “Love Forecast” and Kim’s “The Con Artists,” big-screen debuts for both actors, did not rise to the top of the box office rankings, the movies took in more than 1.6 million and 2.5 million viewers, respectively.

With their large fan bases contributing to their success, the three are expected to dominate the local movie industry, in which older actors held sway until recent years.

Their popularity abroad has also laid the groundwork for movie exports.

“Gangnam 1970” was sold across Asia even before it was released in the local market, while “The Con Artists” was exported to four Asian nations.

Lee Min-ho’s movie is scheduled for release across Asia within the next two months.

The producers of “The Con Artists” are already reviewing plans for a sequel, and are said to have received investment offers from a China-based company.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

So the selfie video he was taking during the Stage Greetings was for a webcast as part of G'70's promotions (and not for personal use as some have suspected).  I love it!  Social media is the best way to push this movie to 20-somethings and it's also a novel way of introducing Minho to those who may not be as familiar with him.  SELFIE has become the differentiating theme for G'70 ever since MH did selfies with the fans on G'70's first public event.  
dd842c32gw1eop6l9w6zpj20jv0ctt9u.jpg

The video is very entertaining!  Love that he is not shy to show his dorky side :xdd842c32gw1eop6l96lnjj20jv0ctmxr.jpg

He just needs to stop making people dizzy by twirling the cam like Daejang swings his sword! :))938184a2jw1eop7jcaslug209q05hkjl.gif

cr M_娜M, ohchloe

P.S. Did you guys notice that his phone was blurred out? Must be so as not to offend LG ;) P.S.2 The pink neck pillow may be a gift from a fan or borrowed from one of the females in his entourage. I spotted a yellow one on one of his travels. Nonetheless, he's too much of a man/boy to worry about using a pink pillow.

Hi Minoz.. ;-)

Wow! LMH's G'70 it reaches the 1M ticket sales for 5 days..this is really a movie to watch even if it's an R- Rated still it's on top and i'm proud that the filipino song "ANAK" by Freddie Aguilar added spice to the movie.. :-D :x

congrats LMH your movie is a success.. :x :x

thanks for the amazing news,updates,pics,vids,sharings and posts everyone.. :-) ;-)