[drama 2000] Truth 진실

Guest Yasmin

[MBC] Ryu Si Won + Choi Ji Woo
Truth (Drama - 2000) - 진실 (Jin-sil) b800scd.jpgDirected by posterphoto7206.jpg - Jang Doo-ik (장두익) Screenplay by posterphoto7220.jpg - Kim In-yeong (김인영) Cast RYU_L.jpg - Ryoo Si-won (류시원) choi-ji-woo4.jpg - Choi Ji-woo (최지우) psy31.jpg - Park Seon-yeong (박선영) 15_1.jpg - Son Ji-chang (손지창) posterphoto7217.jpg -Park Kyeong-rim (박경림) PREVIEW Shin Hee (Park Sun Young), Ja Young (Choi Ji Woo), and Hyun Woo (Ryu Si Won) have been out drinking, but a terrible car accident happens with Shin Hee at the wheel! She hits a passerby, and when she awakes, she discovers that both Ja Young and Hyun Woo are injured - perhaps critically. But Shin Hee does the unthinkable: she switches Ja Young from the passenger to the driver's seat to pin the blame on her friend... The Truth unfolds in flashback, revealing the history and intertwined lives of the two girls, Ja Young and Shin Hee, and how one could possibly do such a terrible thing to someone she calls a friend. But even though Ja Young and Shin Hee grew up with one another, but they're actually far from friends. Shin Hee is a rich girl, and Ja Young's father is her chauffeur. In school, Ja Young was always better than Shin Hee, but Shin Hee used Ja Young to cheat on her exams. She even gets Ja Young to take her college entrance exam, setting Ja Young back a year. But Ja Young meets and falls in love with Hyun Woo, the noble son of a rich family, inflaming Shin Hee's jealousy. After the fateful accident occurs, will anyone ever discover the Truth?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh i hated park sunyoung in this drama. the way it ended for her and the police guy was kind of sad though. this one is a classic.

what did park kyungrim play? the friend that owned the market? i dont remember her.

Guest conduongmuathu

ugh i hated park sunyoung in this drama. the way it ended for her and the police guy was kind of sad though. this one is a classic.

She acted very good. So a lot of people hate her in this drama.

Yeah, the ending with them was very sad. Human 2004 has a same ending.

what did park kyungrim play? the friend that owned the market? i dont remember her.

I don't know this actress. I think she acted younger sister of PSY.

Guest pinklegirl007

This drama was sooooo good!!! If you watch it now, it may seemed very cliche' k-drama, but back then, it was very refreshing and new... a lot of K-dramas storyline and plot ideas come from this drama. This was actually Choi Ji Woo's first hit drama! She is the big star she is today because of this drama.... I guess this was kinda her "big break"! LOL The ratings were also legendary!!! The ratings went up to 56%!!!!!!!

Its crazy, I know... Its funny how its so forgotten, when it was such a great drama, with high profile stars as the lead characters... and the ending was so creative and tragic......

i really like this drama... im kinda looking for it... if anyone has it... im looking for the HQ version... 700 MB... if anyone has it through CB please let me know... ive seen some 150 MB... but thats too LQ... i want HQ...

also... thanks for the thread... this was kinda the first korean drama i saw... i really liked it... i thgouth Ryu Shi Won was really cute and Choi Jin Woo was kinda a sweetie... she was so nice... she did all those things for that mean richard simmons... and that cop guy was kinda an richard simmons... but Ryu Shi Won was such a sweetie... i absolutely loved him in this drama and Beautiful Days...

Park Sun-young & Son Ji-chang played their characters well in the series. Both of them really manipulated and deceived CJW's character throughout the drama. The ending was a bit too extreme.... wished it would be less tragic and not "taking the easy way out".

Thanks Yasmin for starting the thread, keep it up! :)

Park Sun-young & Son Ji-chang played their characters well in the series. Both of them really manipulated and deceived CJW's character throughout the drama. The ending was a bit too extreme.... wished it would be less tragic and not "taking the easy way out".

Thanks Yasmin for starting the thread, keep it up! :)

THANKS...

SYNOPSIS:

Choi Ji Woo, Ryu Shi Won, and Park Sun Young, are out drinking. Later in the car, Park Sun Young is driving and she crashes into a person. Big accident. Ryu Shi Won comes flying out of the back seat throught the window. Choi Ji Woo is unconcious. But Park Sun Young wakes up and realizes what she did and switches Choi Ji Woo to the passenger's seat and tells the police in the hospital Choi Ji Woo was driving. Both Ryu Shi Won and Choi Ji Woo are in very critical condition... maybe even about to die... The Flashback: Ja Young (Choi Ji Woo), lives with her parents and older brother in the basement of Shin Hee's (Park Sun Young) house. Ja Young's father is the chauffeur for Shin Hee's father. The two girls go to school together. Ja Young is always #1 in the whole school while Shin Hee is a nahl la lee. Shin Hee convinces Ja Young to let her cheat and it sort of becomes a habit. Ja Young ends up taking Shin Hee's college entrance exam to get Shin Hee into college and in return, her parents get an apartment. She herself has to wait an extra year to go to college. During that year, Ja Young meets Seung Jae (Son Ji Chang), a neighborhood security guard. They start dating for a while, then he dumps her cause he thought she was a rich girl, because of the house she always came out of, which was Shin Hee's. One day, at Shin Hee's birthday party, Hyun Woo (Ryu Shi Won) comes, but on the way, he accidentally splashes Ja Young with his car. He apologizes and stuff. Shin Hee likes Hyun Woo, who is the only son of a rich family. But he starts paying attention to Ja Young and sends gifts to her thru Shin Hee. Shin Hee is VERY mad. Ja Young gets into college with highest honors. She starts going to the same college as Shin Hee and Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo sees Ja Young and starts following her everywhere. Ja Young thinks he is playing a joke. Hyun Woo even gets a job as a waiter at the place Ja Young is working at. Eventually, she returns his feelings and they fall in love.He even wants to go study abroad with her, but of course his parents don't want him too and Shin Hee trys to keep them apart by using Seung Jae. Then the HORRIBLE accident happens...

I felt the same way too! I hated Park Sun-young to death in this drama.though she really gave a good performance.

Park Kyung-rim , as queer answered in the last post played Choi Ji-woo's friend

can someone tell me the ending of this drama?

CJW & Ryu Si Won are together (I think they are married as the last scene showed up together on a plane with rings) and leave aboard for future studies.

Park Seon-yeong and Son Ji-chang committed suicide at the end because Park Seon-yeong was discovered that she was the actual drunk driver that caused the car accident and killed some passerby. Her senator father went to jail because he is involved in the cover-up for her daughter.

Yeah, this is my fav drama played by choi ji woo and ryusiwon beside beautiful days. I been wanting to see it again after the first time i watch this show.

I really like how ryusiwon treat choijiwoo in this show and also how choi ji woo stay loyal and faithful to ryu si won. I feel they really have chemistry in this show haha......

And i didn't know park kyung lim acted in this show. 0_0 Does anyone know where i can get to see this drama again if possibilty with a subtittle too.

Guest angelfan

Yes! This is one of the classics in Korean dramas and the rating was really high!

Just in case that you haven't heard this...

Ryu Siwon was supposed to die originally. However, he was "called to live again" by the netizens. See the great influence of the netizens!

Yes! This is one of the classics in Korean dramas and the rating was really high!

Ryu Siwon was supposed to die originally. However, he was "called to live again" by the netizens. See the great influence of the netizens!

hi i didn't knw tht, so thx for telling us abt it..

i remember watching tis series wif my bro on sunday mornings a few yrs ago when it was showing in my country.. i loved RSW wif CJW.. though i hated PSY in tis, i thought she did great.. but i couldn't stand the police guy..

Guest dramalover

Yasmin...thanks for starting this thread...This is my first drama of CJW and RSW together.. TRUTH achieved

above 50% of rating when it was shown in korea..

Guest Happy_Day

AAKKKKKK, MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE DRAMA!! #1!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard it got over 50% ratings, god I love this drama.. If ANYONE has episodes, can you send them to me? (not clubbox).. It was so depressing, but soooooooo good.. and I think that villain girl in there was the BEST evil girl of all time, I hated her so much. I think she's even better than Kim so yun in All about eve. After this drama, I became a HUGE fan of Choi Ji woo.

Guest pinklegirl007

Wow!! I never knew that!!!

Well, here is another piece of info that you all may not have known.....

"Truth" was partially based on a true story, I heard that there really was a Korean governor a long time ago, that lost his job and went to jail, because he did illegal things, including having the daughter of the housekeep take the college entrance exam for his daughter.

Archived