Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

lilaznangel5543 Hi theeree :P me too!! i have like no money to buy his album T___T but i wanna listen to his album.. i only listen to 3 of his songs -sigh- hope we will get money soon lol haha

dreamhyesung hehe im happy ur a dongwan fan now ^^ me too!! i love his track with andy!! it totally rocks. i would decide ballad style b/c im not really used to seeing dongwan having a rock style O.o and maybe it dosent really suit him? but it dosent matter we can get used to it hehe

-----------------------------------------------YAY I OWN A PAGE!!---------------------------- Ok so i will share some of these new pictures i found ^^-------------------

f_20070711095m_585292c.jpg

f_20070711095m_58be631.jpg

Credits : Mydaily + Shinhwa.biz

sorry if they were already posted :sweatingbullets:

btw have u guys seen dongwan's appearance on YSMM with subs on youtube? here are the links

Part 1 , Part 2

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kittywan

Thank you all for all those wonderful piccies and news and everything!

Wannie gets more and more handsome <333

I just watched today's performance with Byul, so beautiful and touching T___T

Made some caps

070711msdongwancannotlomt3.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlodi6.jpg

070711msdongwancannotloep7.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlohh1.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlofm2.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlobu2.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlozy5.jpg

070711msdongwancannotloub1.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlotx0.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlovm3.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlopj2.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlolm4.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlodr4.jpg

070711msdongwancannotlope8.jpg

^^

He also sang So Sick! wwaaaaaaaah, that was an amazing performance! And he sure learned his words well haha. I love his english! <333

Guest hahaheehee

!!!!!!! He was singing with Byul? And he sang So Sick? When was that?

Ahhh! Hope I can get a clip of that off Clubbox or something!

JUJU bar, `the_LEGEND, SuperMan6, I like the original version of Jindam better too! I know what you guys mean about it just being Wannie's great voice and the guitar... I think it sounds a lot better without all the fancy background stuff... showcases his voice better! Or maybe I'm too used to the original version... I dunno, I find it a lot more catchy and laid-back. There's this part in the new Jindam where the melody kind of goes up at the end of the phrase instead of going down? I couldn't get used to that hahaha.

So what are everyone's favourite songs? I saw this poll at SHCJ.net and I simply couldn't choose one coz I love them all!!!

I love the three preview songs, coz they were the ones that prepped me up for Wannie's fantastic album... I remember the moment when I first heard Handkerchief. I was totally blown away! Like "woah"... and BAM! I was in love! LOL. I especially love the catchy I Love Summer (Andy's rap = swoon!) and Three Musketeers. I think Three Musketeers is a great song to bop too! makes me want to dance around... haha especially after I saw Wannie and MC Mong dancing around at MC Mong's radio show. :w00t:

Didn't quite dig Scream at first but it's growing on me... Sarangi Gayeoweo and the duet with Hyesung are really great ballads! And when I first heard My Love, I thought it wasn't Wannie's voice coz it didn't really sound like him to me at first... some people have said this song reminds them of Liar but I don't get the Liar vibe here... but it is really a very smooth and R&Bish song and it's a refreshing change to hear Dongwan sing something like that! And although I prefer the original Jindam, this new version is not bad too... Okay in short there is something that I love about each and every song... :)

SuperMan6! Hi Kelly! *waves back* yup I ordered from SHCJ too! I'm turning 22 at the end of this year, and I only discovered Shinhwa around October last year (which means I missed their State of the Art Concert... Garhh!!!)

Guest jerrybabie26

i also liked the original version of jindam... it was less poppish shall we say? i didn't think people knew about that song too... i loved that song ... it made me giddy :wub: even though i didn't know what he was talking about lol

anyway, i posted this link at the shinhwa thread, just in case you guys didn't see its wannies perf of jindam during their 2003 concert

i didn't see his perf with byul yet... but they look good together... :D

and i also love his song with hyesung... and i love the fact that even though its really wannie's album the song is not just his, and hyesung is not really just background vocal... but they both own the song

and super love my love more than the fact that its a minu song... but he really pulls it off well and it really makes me stop what i'm doing and just get the feel of the whole song :D

Guest minwoo503

dongwan looks weird with a beard but i love his song! i got the album already! lol i love the song "my love" when he sanged and eric was rapping! lol

Guest flycrazily

dong wan has always been my favorite in shinhwa. its nice to finally see him release his own solo album and getting such good remarks on it. haha i just ordered a copy of his solo album to support him. if it was any other artist ill just prolly download it off the net LOL. but dong wan makes me want to own a copy of the real thing. :]

ooo i want to see his so sick performance with byul too. i bet its awesome. haha

thanks to tessy, i found out that wannie was on music space. :w00t:

i have to head off to bed... this will be ready in about 55 minutes. :P READY!!

available in my CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

Do NOT take this HQ cut out of my clubbox. Thanks! :D

[HQ] Kim Dong Wan - Handkerchief + Can't Love A Person (with Byul) + Talk + So Sick on Music Space (2007-07-10) [wackycashew].avi [198.1MB]

Guest flycrazily

^ woohoo thanks for the link. i cant wait to see his performance. haha overly excited at like 2 in the morning. LOL

Does anyone know what '진담' was originally sung for ? I was listening to it and got curious lOL.

I got the song years ago and totally forgot where it originated from haha.

Guest theLEGEND

"kimdongwan is"

KOREAN LYRICS

Thank you so much for doing romanizations of all songs. Just wondering, are you are going to do the english translation too? :)

JUJU bar, `the_LEGEND, SuperMan6, I like the original version of Jindam better too! I know what you guys mean about it just being Wannie's great voice and the guitar... I think it sounds a lot better without all the fancy background stuff... showcases his voice better! Or maybe I'm too used to the original version... I dunno, I find it a lot more catchy and laid-back. There's this part in the new Jindam where the melody kind of goes up at the end of the phrase instead of going down? I couldn't get used to that hahaha.

So what are everyone's favourite songs? I saw this poll at SHCJ.net and I simply couldn't choose one coz I love them all!!!

Yes.. I'm very much in love with the original version maybe it's because it's accoustic and more relaxing kind of song. The remake is more pop-ish and make it more fancier so to say. Or it might be that I'm so used to listen to the original version and I still can't digest the new melody just yet. :P

To answer your question, "Love Is Miserable" and "Scream" are my favorites. Actually.. I love all of them but those two got the most votes from me. But I do still love all of them<33. :D

I posted this at the Shinhwa's forum but just in case some of you don't come to Shinhwa's forum and since this is related to DW, I'll post it here too.

Some highlights from Music Space interview:

He said he always wanted to sing with Byul, always liked her voice, and found out that she's in the same company as DW so she participated in duet with DW.

Host asked how many members went solo in Shinhwa and DW said "3" and was corrected by the audience, it's "4". Minwoo, Hyesung, AND JUNJIN. DW forgot JJ.

DW asked advice from the members...asking weren't you nervous....Minwoo cracked up and "you are in trouble" and that it's really nerve wrecking and it's different than being on stage as Shinhwa.

Andy told him not to do solo album (I guess because music industry is not doing so well) but when members all came together and participated in his album.

Eric after looking at DW's album jacket called DW to meet him because he felt DW lost too much weight and wanted to see him himself. DW told Eric he won't drink because he is recording but will have some fruits. Eric told DW that he looks like "skinny bum (begger/homeless)"! LOL! Sounds like something Eric would say to DW!

DW thought alot of what is the image of "man" which he wanted be. It was funny because DW said, someone said, "oppa.." oooops, DW covered his mouth laughing and everyone is like "who is she?" DW said it was female who told him that "thinking about how to be a man itself is not a man". DW said being a "man" just comes natural not something you create. The he said, "I like I'm like lady-like!" LOL! He is such a goof-ball!

When asked about future plans DW said, First because he has to concentrate on his album activieis, he won't meet any girls ..... for a little while anyway.....end of the year there's plans for Shinhwa's album... so he wants to work 'tightly' on his solo activities.

Guest prizzyy

^ thank you! xD lol wannie's so funny, he forgot jinnie! jinnie's gonna be SO sad =X

and eric's sweet! and i like byul too! :D

thanks for the link to wannie's music space perf ^^

Guest sunnydays.

(: Hi!

Haha, anyway... to answer your question, I LOVE "Scream". I'm like you - at first, I didn't really like it, but I do love it now. I also love The Three Musketeers, I Love Summer, & Handkerchief. Those are the three MUST listens for me whenever I go listen to his album. XD; But I do like all of the songs. =D

[07.07.13][news] Dongwan "Solo seems easy, but it's tough" target for 1st jib-100k"

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/st.../dongwanju6.jpg

Thank you for that article. (:

I think Dongwan is a bit hard on himself... like what that saying says, "you are yourself's worst critic." & for Dongwan, this is definately the case. However, it's so good to always work hard & keep on trying to perfect yourself. I just hope that he doesn't overwork himself. It IS difficult to come from a well-known group and become a solo singer - it's such a different deal. Nevertheless, I know that he'll do GREAT - just like his fellow Shinhwa members. (:

& I absolutely LOVEEE the way he said this:

Facing the question of “Don’t you even thought of competing with other members as solo singer?”. Kim Dongwan said, “Although I am unsure about the so-called competition however, there’s the pressure to do well. Therefore, rather than to say he must win against other members, it will be more appropriate to say not wanting to fall behind them.”

I agree. (: I hated when the media called it "competition." I mean, yeah, it's competition technically, because they are individual singers now 'fighting' to the top in the music industry, but then again, they made it seem like the members were enemies or something. =___= & personally, I don't WANT JunJin, Dongwan, Minwoo, & Hyesung to compete & feel like they are better than the other, because they all have their own strengths & weaknesses. Anyway. I don't know if i'm making sense here, but I do love how he says "fall behind" instead of using "competition." :D

^ FLiPSiDE i agree how dongwannie over works himself but its also good b/c then he can experience and learn to be even better. i like how he said the thing about competition thingy. because reporters always say its a competition between solo shinhwa members in solo singer industry but its acctuatly not its just that they dont want to be at the stage where their amount of sales are waaayy apart while one is soo much and one is not even selling a lot (bleh im not even making sense anymore lol) i will always support dongwannie no matter what cuz his voice is just to die for. not just because he is hot and cute and funni. but that his voice is good as well. and yeah dongwan fighting! shinhwa fighting! ^^

Guest prizzyy

^ omg autographed album! xD *envies like crazy*

i just got my wannie album today, the photobook's so yummy! xD full of wannie goodness =D

and the postcards are so pretty~

if you guys havent ordered your copy, do order it! ^^

i'm happy to hear that wannie's always wanted to sing with byul and got to sing with her. ^_^ all the best to his album. i really like a lot of the songs. :D

available in my CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

Do NOT take this HQ cut out of my clubbox. Thanks! :D

Kim Dong Wan - Handkerchief Comeback on Music Core (2007-07-14) [wackycashew].avi [32.0MB]

Guest SuperMan6

puahahah...the robocop is back...let me go dig for the old robocop pic be4 he disappeared yrs ago..

d0c64979b9e46b5420e488eyk2.jpg

does the beanie look similar?? hahaha

it a waste tt dongwan cldnt attend M showcase becos he was bz wit his own fansign..if not it'll be even more perfect..hehe

Archived