Kim Dong Wan 김동완 - the singer

hkana

Have I posted this photo? :) He looks so manly! The jacket was stylish and masculine, I'm in love with this picture. He then carried his backpack on his back, and he turned into a cute boy :) 

151107 Gimpo airport for KCON Jeju

Cwo711BUoAAKHRE.jpg

cr. nibsbox via  todays_dw 

• Like 1

On his FB, Oppayam posted a link to the article where people can download Lee Seunghwan-Lee Hyori-Jeon Inkwon song “Abandoned on the Side of a Street" , it's avaiable to download for free.

http://media.daum.net/entertain/culture/newsview?newsid=20161111115043578

This is what the song is about :

http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/12/watch-lee-seung-hwan-lee-hyori-sing-song-hope-midst-societal-political-chaos/

Post here too

-

[ON+View] The reason why Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan’s candlelight rally participation attracts more attention

tumblr_inline_ogomguIOtM1rb7x3v_500.jpg

Amidst the frustrating state of affairs, even celebrities are speaking up. Amongst which, idol group Shinhwa’s Kim Dongwan’s actions stands out.

On November 12th, a large-scale candlelight rally of 1 million participants was held around Gwanghwamun, Seoul to call for President Park Geunhye to step down. The scale of the rally has exceeded the 2008 U.S. Beef Protest (about 700,000 participants) showing the ardent fury of the people.

(omit other celebrities mentions)

On the 5th and 12th, Kim Dongwan uploaded photos and videos of the candlelight rally in realtime on his own SNS, making known that he is with the people. The photos and videos were uploaded without any other comments but it was more impactful than what any word could convey. It was a tacit support shown through his personal actions.

Even more so because Kim Dongwan, as a member of a currently active idol group, is in a position where his actions are more likely to cause controversy. Although it’s the same for all celebrities, strangely, the public’s standard towards idols are much more harsher. And that’s the reason why Kim Dongwan, as the only idol to participate in the rally, is different.

tumblr_inline_ogonezrtyf1rb7x3v_500.jpg

In addition, Kim Dongwan has consistently made his opinion on social issues, such as the Oxy boycott campaign, LGBT issues, Japanese comfort women problems etc, known. It isn’t simply a short-lived concern over issues of debate, he has a clear stand and a critical mind.

All along, celebrities have kind of been quiet on speaking about social issues. Because, with the public’s eyes on them, they have the ability to cause a great stir even with just one comment. And even if they reveal their opinions, they would either be labeled as “political celebrities” or easily get caught in a spot in the debate. 

Hence, it can be said that it isn’t easy for celebrities to express concern over problematic issues, not as a celebrity, but as a citizen.

Even if it’s not a political issue, celebrities can have a good influence if they actively express their opinions on social issues. Just like how Lee Hyori gathered people to participate in helping abandoned dogs through her SNS.

Kim Dongwan has previously said on MBC’s “Radio Star”, “I myself started donating because I saw someone doing it. It’s good if the act of donating becomes widespread. I’m embarrassed for my name to be so publicly mentioned here (Love Request) but it’s good.”

He was initially reluctant for his acts of donations to be made known but has come to realise the influence of his actions. Kim Dongwan is aware of his position as a celebrity and because he is using it in a positive direction, that’s why his participation in the candlelight rally is even more eye-catching.

sr: EnterOnNews.com
translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

-

• Like 1

15099550_685433474965348_396877056429785

cr. wangbaekim

[Wangbae insta] We are!!! Shinhwa!!!!Dongwan hyung!!Always grateful towards you!!!!ㅎAlready know hyung for 10 yearsㅠㅠ
#Shinhwa #KimDongwan #Wangbae #junjin #Shinhyesung #shinhwachangjo #wehaveallaged #grateful #selfmanagement #orangeballoon #timeflies
*other hashtags omitted

cr.  AllAboutSix 

:D :D

I want to change my profile pic with this, but I just changed it, maybe next time :D

• Like 1

Finally picture of Oppayam with a face :D Thank you, Minwoo :D

15032125_1424636917554087_47788819832205

[Minwoo insta] Look here...Where are you looking at

cr.  AllAboutSix 

--

He looks so goooooood and his pose is relax, hotness dgfhjklkjhghjkljhjkl

Have anyone knows who's shoes he's wearing? I'm curious!! XD 

• Like 1

I never realized writing Kim was this difficult. In fact I only follow a handful of Korean artists and this guy has the most difficult name to write and remember from my list. Why can’t you be another Lee? Lol just kidding! Happy birthday to this guy who makes me smile and swoon at his singing and awesomness :wub:

• Like 1