Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest Chocolate_Truffle

I've never heard of this before. I wish I had curly hair although I know if I did then I would want it to be straight. My hair is naturally wavy but it is frizzy.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Koutarou

Got my digital perm done on Wednesday at Jessica Hair Studio in Chinatown Houston. This is a picture of my hair right after I got home.

I just washed my hair for the first time right now (48 hour period is done!), so I'll see how it looks like washed out a bit. :)

Guest akim366

I have never gotten a perm before and after much thought decided to get my hair digitally permed.

I went to a korean hairsalon and paid $160.

My hair is pretty long and layered, down to where my bra line is.

So the perm only took 1.5 hours. It consisted of:

- washing my hair

- blowdrying it

- putting solution in and rolling into rods

- attaching the machine to heat up the rollers --- this was only for 5 minutes... is that weird?

- my hair sat in the rollers for extra 30 min with no heat attached

- nail polishy solution over my rods

- wash hair

- done...

It seemed JUST like regular perm minus attaching the rods for 5 min.

I was just sorta weirded out. It's my first time...

The results-

not a huge fan. It just looks like regular perm...

It was uber curly when wet but once it dried it was more straight. I will need to recurl a few pieces to make it look pretty...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sensitive_soul

^I think yours turned out really well. That's the kind of perm I'd want if I were to do a digital perm.

Am still a bit hesitant as it's hard to find good Asian salons where I am. My curler will have to do for now

Has anybody had their digital perm done in Hong Kong? I'm going on a trip there next month and I'd like to get my hair permed. Any places you'd recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been lurking on this thread for quite awhile, going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to get a DigiPerm. My mom thinks it'll be terribly damaging and I'll regret it forever, but right now I'm trying to think about whether or not it'll come out nice. Thanks to everyone for posting and all--this thread is the best resource :)

Anyhow, I was wondering--is it possible for a DigiPerm to look like this at all, or can DigiPerms only result in tight curls?

krystal%20fx.jpg

@crushie: I've heard good things about Koreana and Beauty Bank!

Guest Rekidai

I have never gotten a perm before and after much thought decided to get my hair digitally permed.

I went to a korean hairsalon and paid $160.

My hair is pretty long and layered, down to where my bra line is.

So the perm only took 1.5 hours. It consisted of:

- washing my hair

- blowdrying it

- putting solution in and rolling into rods

- attaching the machine to heat up the rollers --- this was only for 5 minutes... is that weird?

- my hair sat in the rollers for extra 30 min with no heat attached

- nail polishy solution over my rods

- wash hair

- done...

It seemed JUST like regular perm minus attaching the rods for 5 min.

I was just sorta weirded out. It's my first time...

The results-

not a huge fan. It just looks like regular perm...

It was uber curly when wet but once it dried it was more straight. I will need to recurl a few pieces to make it look pretty...

i would def not go back to where you got it done. It's suppose to be 3 hrs at least. it sounds like you just got a regular perm though...

I just got a digital perm today!

A bit nervous in the beginning, because the hairstylist just did my hair without asking me what kind of perm I wanted. She just told me that I needed to layer my hair a bit so that the perm looked better later.

I love the results! <3

Park Seung Chol Hair Studio in Garden Grove, CA

Search it on yelp.com to read reviews.

$120 for wash, haircut, perm.

Hairstylist will tell you how to wash and style your hair in the end.

You'll get free salon hair serum (similar to BioSilk full size bottle)

Vicky did my hair.

2969a212.jpg

aace6281.jpg

So I've been lurking on this thread for quite awhile, going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to get a DigiPerm. My mom thinks it'll be terribly damaging and I'll regret it forever, but right now I'm trying to think about whether or not it'll come out nice. Thanks to everyone for posting and all--this thread is the best resource :)

Anyhow, I was wondering--is it possible for a DigiPerm to look like this at all, or can DigiPerms only result in tight curls?

*quoted image*

@crushie: I've heard good things about Koreana and Beauty Bank!

It's totally possible to get that type of hair from a digital perm. All you need to do is be more specific about how you want your hair to turn out with your stylist. Ask for looser beach waves, an example would be bubzbeauty who just recently got loose waves with a digital perm :)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would know around how much a Digital perm will cost me at GoA or Maya hair salon in Toronto? My hair is about 12~13 inches past my shoulders.

I just got my 2nd digital perm at Goa. I've been getting my hair done by Hanna for maybe 2-3 years now. I love her.

I have long hair as well, both times she's charged me $180 (plus $10-20 for tip). It's a little more expensive but I've found that it lasts for close to a year.

IMG00242.jpg

The day I got my first perm.

Snapshot_20100228_8.jpg

About 3 months after. I'm pretty lazy so the only product I used was leave-in conditioner, my ends got a little dry after perming, and I always air dried. I think curls started to come out around 5-6 months. But my hair was still fairly wavy for the rest of the year.

Snapshot_20110615_8.jpg

This is on the day I got my 2nd digital perm.

It's been a month. It's not holding up as well as the first time. I've started using mousse.

I think Hanna's gotten busier, she did 2 haircuts while I was getting my perm. The first time I got my perm she was also doing a cut but she had two other girls doing my hair as well.

Guest umi_yui

This is a longshot, but does anyone know of a salon in minnesota (I live about an hour south of minneapolis, but there would be fine) that offers digital perms?? Searching google and yelp didn't turn up anything for me :(

Hey did you find a good place and did you like your results. 

I live in MN too i was thinking about getting one. 

Guest Mistymischief

Wow, I made an account here just to participate in this topic...Obviously I'm really obsessed about getttinga digital perm XD...

If I wanted to do a digital perm and dye my hair too can I??? My hair still has highlights though but I've had them for almost a year and you can see roots growing out which is why I wanna dye it...Oh yeah soo your not supposed to wash your hair for 3-4 days after you get the perm right??? If I go swimming after 3 days, will the chlorine do anything to the perm??? Tnx guys!!! I luv all of your hairs to those who posted their pics!!! You all look awsome!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Daikirai

I'm bumping this thread.

I've been thinking about getting a digiperm for almost a year now, but I'm STILL scared lmao. I've read through many replies and realize that the end results vary depending on the person.

The thing I'm most afraid about is the damage it does to your hair. A lot of people on here are saying that their hair becomes really dry, even after conditioning.

How bad is the damage? ):

Also, the amount of time the digiperm lasts differs as well. When the digiperm completely grows out, is your hair the same as it used to be? Or is it still damaged/dry/wavy?

Guest colorsound

I got a digital perm a couple of weeks ago, and I love how it looks when it's wet. However, when it's dry, my hair becomes brittle, dry, and some of the strands are straight again.

Any advice?

Guest puddding

AAH I NEED HELP!

I got a digital perm two days ago and right after I had noticed the inside or bottom layer was barely wavy while the top layers were spiral.

It bothers me because it doesn't seem right... and after I had washed my hair today, it is still the same, although I had expected it to be less of a difference..

has anybody experienced this before?

Do you think it would be a good idea to ask them to re-perm the inside?

Thank you kindly if you could help!!

Archived