Digital Perm!

hanie

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alicimoo

I want to get a perm but my hair's currently too short. :[

I got a setting perm and it came out pretty nice but it didn't last long at all due to swim season. T_T

Guest dori_x

ohh i had digital perm before..but i didnt like it so i got it straightnened like 2 weeks after ..now my hair is all damaged..but i like han hyo joo's hair ^^

Guest Rainie

wow rainie your hair is GORGEOUS!!!

exactly where did you get it in china??>< maybe if i get lucky...(i'm going to china in a week xD)

Thanks.

I got it done in Beijing at Koreantown. I forget the name of the place, but it's a huge shopping mall (it's pretty famous), and Koreantown is 3-4 floors up. You'll see these signs that says "Han Guo Chen".

$70 CAD is a good price, whereas if you do it over here, it can cost up to $200-$300 to do it at a nice salon.

Guest MOOVERDOSE

beautifulfriend, your hair is real cute!! :) It suits you well!!

Rawr, I'm going to go Downtown and check out all the Asian Salons!

Guest Aravis

I had a digital perm about 2 months ago. :) It looked really nice. A bit poofy in the beginning, but after a few days, it loosened and I really liked it. After about a month though, my curls started limping because I wasn't really taking care of it. :P Now I use scrunching gel and pin my curls for a few minutes, and my hair looks good again. :D

Guest flyaway

Thanks.

I got it done in Beijing at Koreantown. I forget the name of the place, but it's a huge shopping mall (it's pretty famous), and Koreantown is 3-4 floors up. You'll see these signs that says "Han Guo Chen".

$70 CAD is a good price, whereas if you do it over here, it can cost up to $300-$400 to do it at a nice salon.

ohhhh thanks! i might be going there :D

Guest nanshi

I went to my local Asian salon where I usually get my hair cut and they have the regular perm and then they have something called the "spa curl perm" which I'm assuming is the same as a digital perm, they just use a different name. It costs $250 flat. So that's probably a good ballpark price range to get it done in the states. That's a LOT for a perm (regular perm was like $70+)...

Guest kristiniee

rainieeee! your hair is superb. lol. if my hair was long enoguh, i would go get a perm. lol

Guest GoongLOVExx

I got my perm in Korea, but it wasn't a digital one LOL.

Since I'm caucasian and my hair is soft they said it probably wouldn't work too well.

But my friend took me to a salon in the Hyundai department store (or shopping center? I don't know haha) and I got it done there. ^^

It's a really nice salon!

I saw people getting digital perms though. It looked cool with all the wires. xD

My perm turned out nicely though!

I don't know what kind of perm they did, but it looks nice. ^___^

I don't know how much it cost though. My friend (well her mom) insisted on paying for it. >.<

Probably anywhere from $60-$120. LOL That is a wide range though.

Guest flyaway

RAINIE--i figured out where the koreantown is! im in china right now hahaha but could you tell me exactly the name of the salon? im afraid there might be more than one ><

and what specifically did you ask for?

thanks so much!

Guest nacj88

Hmmm.. if your hair is naturally thick but you trim the insides of ur hair [to reduce volume], would it be ok to get digital perm? I've also liked magic straight, but from what i could see, digital perm really gives u an elegant look ^^

Guest -innocence-

^ it's actually recommended that you thin out your hair first or your hair will be super poofy after you perm it and layers will show the curls better

Guest xiaochingu.

wow the pictures are so helpful..i always wanted to do something different with my hair..but its really thick and hard to manage...and usually when i curl or straighten it it doesnt stay long...my hair is like straight but with a wave...but the perm sounds really easy to do..no products no blow drying ...and no brushing...^_^ yea thats my kind of hair...and the results look so nice...that shall me my next hair style

Guest Rainie

RAINIE--i figured out where the koreantown is! im in china right now hahaha but could you tell me exactly the name of the salon? im afraid there might be more than one ><

and what specifically did you ask for?

thanks so much!

Hey, I just found their card for you :) I am definitely going back to them next year, lol if I get the chance to go to Beijing again.

I think this is what it's called:

审美美容美发 Here's their website http://www.shenmei.com.cn

Here's their addy in Chinese:

北京西城区 西单 华威商场 4 楼韩国成内

I hope you can read that. :)

That is the exact place. 4th floor, and 西单 is where it's at...it's an extremely famous shopping area right next to 王府井, which is the place with all the designer stores etc. As I can recall, there were two hair salons in that shopping mall, and this one was the one on the 4th floor, there was also another one on the 2nd floor. Another thing is that all of the hairstylists advertise outside of the salon and around the mall...and they have red and yellow or maybe black sashes around them...at least that's what I remember.

They asked me how I would like my hair, and I don't know what a digital perm was called in Chinese...and so there was a girl who was working there, and I pointed to her and said something similar to her hair but looser. And he suggested something, and I got the perfect style. Just give the hair stylist an idea, and he will be able to come up with something that will most suit you and your face shape and appearance.

I hope that helped. O yeah, you might also get the same hair stylist as me...I remember there was only one at the time but tons of people who actually did the haircuts, and remember to bargain...because I got it for almost half the price that was listed lol...it was $900 RMB for long hair, and then he gave me $500 RMB in the end as well as a free 护理 :)

ive had my digital perm since january

and its still really wavy/curly

i use mousse and scruch after showers

while my hair is still wet

Guest immaflipp

omgg i totally would loveeee to get a digital perm.. but my parents wont let me =[ they pretty much think ill go bald if i did.. =|

Archived