Digital Perm!

hanie

Guest flyaway

thanks Rainie!!

yeah i figured out that it was at xi dan but i wasnt sure which one you went to :P

yes i know where it is :D i actually went there once already

hahaha

thanks again!!

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chickyl3aby

i really wanna get my hair permed... but i think i need to wait until mines grow out a lil more.... i hope it isn't hard to maintain tho couz i'm not good with maintaining hair... :unsure:

Guest joie.de.vivre

i want a digital perm ~!

and strangely enough, when i told my mom she seemed like she wanted to me to do it too O_O

if i do get one, i'm going for the bigger waves (not the tight ringlets) so my hair can get a bit of volume ^-^ stupid thin, flat hair...

Guest beautylicious87

i got the digital perm done in korea at a place in ilsan....

it cost about $60 but that's not the set price for other places....

it usually ranges $60 and up....

i don't know how much they charge in the usa....

never got it done here.....

but i had my digital perm for a little over a year but then i got it chopped off cuz i was tired of it and my whole hair was damaged~~!! lol

but i bet it would have lasted till i got it cut~~

the chemical they used was pretty strong~~lol

Guest __CHINA.DOLL

Rainie I really love your hair! haha ! I know your from Canada (:

are you in Toronto! ^^ if so can you tell me where you got your hair donE!

Guest muctaisa

RAINII i was just wondering

i noticed in ur pic u had the perm start quite high on ur head, which grew out nicely

should we do that too,or would it be okay to start lower cause i have a very round face i dunno if i can perm it so high

Guest Rainie

thanks Rainie!!

yeah i figured out that it was at xi dan but i wasnt sure which one you went to :P

yes i know where it is :D i actually went there once already

hahaha

thanks again!!

Your welcome, don't forget to post pics of your permed hair :P...lol It's pretty cool that you're gonna be getting it done at the same place in China ^^

Rainie I really love your hair! haha ! I know your from Canada (:

are you in Toronto! ^^ if so can you tell me where you got your hair donE!

I actually got it done in Beijing, China...the address is on the previous page, lol. And flyaway will be getting it done at the same place. There are many Shen Mei salons in China, you can go visit their site.

RAINII i was just wondering

i noticed in ur pic u had the perm start quite high on ur head, which grew out nicely

should we do that too,or would it be okay to start lower cause i have a very round face i dunno if i can perm it so high

It would be okay to start lower..now my hair has grown out to be lower than when I had it first done. I was the one who suggested it to the hairstylist to perm it lower...and he said that it wouldn't look very good and too old-fashioned, so I went along with him, and got it permed higher, and it turned out looking better than I expected. They know what they're doing so it's best to listen to their advice :). I also have a rounder face, and more volume on top actually makes your face look smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

i just got my digital perm done yesterday ^__^ i can post pictures if needed/requested haha.

but my friend was getting her perm yesterday along w/ me, except her's was the magic straight, and she said we're not allowed to wash our hair for 3 days? O_O

is this true? i can't wash my hair for 3days?! something to do w/ the chemicals still needing to soak in...?

i really like how my perm ended up though ^___^ when they first take everything out....omg, i was gonna cry haha.

but then @ the end - i was relieved. i needed to use TWO of the alien looking machines since i have really thick hair, so i had these 2 big looking machines connected to my hair and everyone who walked into the salon gave me strange looks & kept asking what perm i was doing haha.

but can someone answer my question up there? ^___^

**-----edit-----**

my digital perm picture is on the first pg., first post ^___^

Guest Aravis

^ I washed my hair the next day after my perm, but I used cold water and I skipped the shampoo. The perm didn't go limp, so I think it's okay. But I think it's better if you go at least a day before washing your hair.

Guest GoongLOVExx

i just got my digital perm done yesterday ^__^ i can post pictures if needed/requested haha.

but my friend was getting her perm yesterday along w/ me, except her's was the magic straight, and she said we're not allowed to wash our hair for 3 days? O_O

is this true? i can't wash my hair for 3days?! something to do w/ the chemicals still needing to soak in...?

i really like how my perm ended up though ^___^ when they first take everything out....omg, i was gonna cry haha.

I didn't get a digital perm, but for mine I wasn't allowed to wash for 3 days.

I thought my hair would get really greasy and disgusting but it wasn't that bad.

Only my bangs felt greasy, I guess because it was curly the rest of my hair didn't feel dirty. xD

After 3 days you can wash though. Sometimes 2 days. ^^

I hope that helps!

Guest rigashi

Ohhh I would love to get a digital perm since I suck at curling my hair myself... but I brush my hair at least 5 times a day so it would probably drive me nuts after a couple days haha.

Guest Rainie

but then @ the end - i was relieved. i needed to use TWO of the alien looking machines since i have really thick hair, so i had these 2 big looking machines connected to my hair and everyone who walked into the salon gave me strange looks & kept asking what perm i was doing haha.

but can someone answer my question up there? ^___^

Since you started the topic, you should post your pics of your digi perm ^^ lol

Anyways, I didn't wash my hair for a day...they said you can use shampoo, just not conditioner for the next couple of days. But your friend got magic straight, so that's completely different. For that, you can wash for 3 days...but I would skip at least a day, and then wash to be safe.

EDIT

I saw ur perm on the first page, and it's really cute, how much and where did you get yours done?

Guest SALLIZLE*

:(

i got my digital perm last saturday.. which is like 6 days ago..

and it was $195+ but i got a student discount and paid 135

for some reason..

after i shower the curls show

and i always put styling lotion on it while it's wet

but when my hair dries..

it looks really dry

and then throughout the day

it gets kinda frizzy and then

like a few hours later.. my hair looks

basically straight.

am i doing something wrong?

or.. do you think something went wrong with the perm? - _-

before i got the digi perm.. i had really straight thin hair..

is that the problem??

sigh.

keke^^ thanks!

i got my perm in a chicago suburb lol....in northbrook, i forgot what it was called haha. i paid $170 for it.

mm, my hair salonist gave me some hair essence which i'm supposed to use after showers...or when my hair dries...i forgot >__< it allows me to make my curls show more, and i fersure know i WASN'T supposed to wash my hair right after i got my perm, maybe that's what's wrong w/ your digitalperm SALLIZLE*?

my hair used to be super straight before this perm & it was reaaally long. an inch or 2 down the middle of my back lol. i like my perm keke ^__^

You guys should really THINK HARD before having your hair perm b/c I had mine done like 1 month ago. It was bad when I first saw it, my hair look like a big mess (plus the man cut my bang supper short so I luk stupid) anyway, around 2 or 3 weeks later, it looked better, but trust me, my hair is not as smooth as it used to be. And if I take a shower at night, when I wake up in the morning, it look like a mess (you can't comb curly hair...).

Okay, that's the down side of curly hair...BUT

- sometimes you will have a good hair day (IF you spend about a good 30 mins gel it, straighten the bang...etc)

- if you wear beanies, OH... ^_^ pretty

- it kinda soften your face a lil bit...

My advice:

-take shower in the morning

- don't use to much gel or wax (your hair will suffer...)

- use tons of conditioner... so not as much frizt...

Guest SALLIZLE*

mm, my hair salonist gave me some hair essence which i'm supposed to use after showers...or when my hair dries...i forgot >__< it allows me to make my curls show more, and i fersure know i WASN'T supposed to wash my hair right after i got my perm, maybe that's what's wrong w/ your digitalperm SALLIZLE*?

hmm.. maybe i should go buy the hair essence thing..

they used it on my hair after they finished the digital perm.. and it looked okay.

i'll go buy it next time :D

thanks!

oh and btw just in case anyone gets confused..

my hair in my avatar

was done with a curling iron..

it's not the digi perm. :P

Archived