Official 20+ Jobs Thread

Aziraphale

Guest sushisushiii

i graduated a year ago and i'm still looking for my dream job hahahaha!

i majored in photography/art and i took a couple of months off after i graduated to retrospect my life a little... out of curiosity, i took up a styling job at a local media group and haven't left since then... i'm having fun doing the things that i do, but i know that photography is still in me and it's the major career that i wanna set myself upon... i'm guessing it's not my time yet and i still wanna strengthen my portfolio before i do anything else..

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yuki_Muto

I graduated less than a month ago and started working almost right away. (After a 1 week break)

I've been working for about 2 weeks now..and so far its been really great!

I work at an online marketing agency in NYC.

-Yuki

I just graduated from college few weeks ago and started working for a company full-time right away.

I'm wondering where all of you guys stand (for the ones that graduated already).

Tell me whether you like the job, whether it was directly related to what you studied in school, what you do, and other things that comes to mind.

I graduated 2 years ago and began working for a software company full time, had a poop level of pay but after 3 months I got promoted, then after 6 months I left the company for an engineering consultancy firm which had heaps better remuneration and perfect career path as I wanted to get into information architecture.

The job is fun, and very challenging, it also directly relates to what I learnt in uni. I'm the youngest in the company but also the most sleepy. :P

Guest vividified

I graduated less than a month ago and started working almost right away. (After a 1 week break)

I've been working for about 2 weeks now..and so far its been really great!

I work at an online marketing agency in NYC.

-Yuki

hi yuki what is your role called? i want to get into marketing but its sooo hard to get into :ph34r: ! what kinda of experience do you have?

Guest Yuki_Muto

hi yuki what is your role called? i want to get into marketing but its sooo hard to get into :ph34r: ! what kinda of experience do you have?

I am currently a "Project Manager." I put together plans to make sure the projects happen on time, are within budget, and are executed as efficiently as possible.

I worked as a summer Marketing Intern at a marketing agency in San Francisco after my freshman and sophomore year of college. I became an intern and eventually a "senior" intern (whatever that means) at a marketing agency in Boston throughout my junior and senior year. It helped me learn a lot and gave me time to make a good portfolio of all the things I worked on during my internships.

-Yuki

Guest wish4or

has anyone tried those online jobs?

Like surveys and data entry. I was just wondering if you actually get paid or it is just scam.

which companines did you guys try for.

college student trying to earn some extra cash :P

I applied online to be a mystery shopper (if that counts as an online job) and got interviewed for the job. Too bad I didn't qualify because they wanted someone who frequented fast food joints. They are real and legit from my experience.

I know a soompier who does some kind of online marketing. She found the job from her college ads.

I don't now how she does it,

All I know she spams the facebook, she sends messages to people, to make them join groups that she created, the more people are joining, the more money she gets.

She gets like around $300 doing it / month.

A despicable "job", but yah, still gets lots of money :mellow:

Guest mazdaspeedrx8

im not a graduate yet but i work at the voter records division for los angeles haha yes im a government dog :o

For some people, all it takes is a webcam and a shower stall and you become an internet millionaire.

Plus it helps if your a female...lol

Gahhh I hate work travel. You fly economy to international destinations, leave on early flights, arrive home on late flights, get 2 hrs sleep and expected to go to work the next day.

Poo to that.

-_-

I am guessing you do some sort of consultant work.

I graduated a month ago with a BS in ChemE. I work as a PI at a chemical company, with pay putting me into the fourth tax bracket.

Guest suki_*

I know a soompier who does some kind of online marketing. She found the job from her college ads.

I don't now how she does it,

All I know she spams the facebook, she sends messages to people, to make them join groups that she created, the more people are joining, the more money she gets.

She gets like around $300 doing it / month.

A despicable "job", but yah, still gets lots of money :mellow:

there is no job that is despicable, if you have one that means you are doing something for yourself a job is a job it's better than not having one.

i know this soompier too she's a student and i'm proud that she's a student (earning more than you mentioned btw) and being a student there isn't enough jobs out there to call it professional or a career.

what's your job?

i love my job but i hated the company & the environment.

sigh its depressing everyday to be in the office from 8.30am to 6pm with this terrible environment! im resigning tomorrow :ph34r:

Guest leeliana

I just graduated in May and have sent out a few resumes to jobs (about 15?) related to my degree. It's already mid-June, but I have yet to hear of any call backs. Some friends of mine already have job offers lined up and it's making me feel anxious. They tell me the only reason why they were able to find jobs so soon is because of connections. Things like that really irritates me because, despite having a pretty good and well-rounded resume, I have no connections. Therefore, I am using websites such as Monster to find jobs. So my questions are: How long did it take for you to find a job post-graduation? Did having connections help? How long would it take for a person without connections to find a job? Do you have any advice for me, I'm feeling really anxious!

Guest 709394

connections help...a LOT. a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT.

i found my first "job" through a connection...

the job i have right now i found on craigslist.

but lemme say again, connections help a LOT. trying to land a job through something like monsters is...sooo very very difficult...

Archived