[drama 2007] Catch A Kangnam Mother 강남엄마 따라잡&#44592

Guest jahye

Guest jahye

[sBS] Ha Hee Ra, Yoo Joon Sang, Jung Sun Kyung, Kim Sung Eun

강남엄마 따라잡기

86361620of0.jpg

28867180ft7.jpg

Catch A Kangnam Mother

Starting: June 25, 2007 after 내 남자의 여자 (My Man's Woman)

When: Mondays and Tuesdays at 9:55 P.M. on SBS

TEASER: mms://eventvod.sbs.co.kr/event/tv/mother_teaser01.wmv

PREVIEW: mms://eventvod.sbs.co.kr/event/tv/mother_01.wmv

Official SBS website

cast01aw7.jpg

STARRING

하희라

69487665nb0.jpg

Ha Hee Ra

casttext01bd7.jpg

유준상

02de2.jpg

Yoo Joon Sang

casttext02gw2.jpg

정선경

08lu9.jpg

Jung Sun Kyung

casttext04zk0.jpg

김성은

05aj9.jpg

Kim Sung Eun

casttext03ap8.jpg

임성민

07yb1.jpg

Im Sung Min

casttext05sy4.jpg

child01sx1.gifchild02xo3.gifchild03td0.gifchild04sr9.gif

Myeong Sae Chang, Park Eun Bin, Lee Min Ho, Kim Hak Joon

RATINGS

(Nationwide ranking, Seoul ranking)

Episode 1: #6. 14.4%, #6. 15.4%

Episode 2: #6. 16.2%, #6. 16.9%

Episode 3: #6. 16.6%, #6. 17.5%

Episode 4: #6. 16.3%, #6. 16.9%

Episode 5: #7. 16.3%, #7. 17.4%

Episode 6: #7. 17.1%, #7. 17.6%

Episode 7: #5. 15.5%, #6. 15.9%

Episode 8: #4. 16.6%, #4. 17.0%

Episode 9: #5. 15.2%, #5. 15.6%

Episode 10: #5. 15.6%, #5. 17.1%

Episode 11: #4. 15.4%, #4. 16.1%

Episode 12: #5. 16.1%, #6. 15.9%

Episode 13: #5. 14.1%, #6. 14.1%

Episode 14: #6. 16.6%, #6. 17.1%

Episode 15: #5. 15.9%, #6. 16.2%

Episode 16: #5. 16.8%, #6. 17.1%

Episode 17: #5. 16.0%, #5. 16.2%

Episode 18: #3. 17.5%, #4. 17.6%

DOWNLOADS

OST (zip file): megaupload

Opening (mpeg): megaupload

(RAW rmvb episodes uploaded by jahye)

Episode 1: megaupload

Episode 2: megaupload

Episode 3: megaupload

Episode 4: megaupload

Episode 5: megaupload

Episode 6: megaupload

Episode 7: megaupload

Episode 8: megaupload

Episode 9: megaupload

Episode 10: megaupload (asf lq)

Episode 11: megaupload

Episode 12: megaupload

Episode 13: megaupload

Episode 14: megaupload

Episode 15: megaupload

Episode 16: megaupload

Episode 17: megaupload

Episode 18: megaupload

(C-sub rmvb episodes uploaded by cococrust)

Episode 1: sendspace

Episode 2: sendspace

Episode 3: sendspace

Episode 4: sendspace

Episode 5: sendspace

Episode 6: sendspace

Episode 7: sendspace

Episode 8: sendspace

Episode 9: sendspace

Episode 10: sendspace

Episode 11: sendspace

Episode 12: sendspace

Episode 13: sendspace

51fh3.jpg

53dd8.jpg

abwk3.jpg

ab1eo0.jpg

ab2fh3.jpg

d4ow2.jpg

20070620008290ia0.jpg

k00000491w555cu6.jpg

imagejspnc2.jpg23lt7.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angel2nyt

what is wrong with sbs these days..

its getting some of the best actors and actresses in korea for their dramas!!!

hahahaha

lee bum soo, kim hee ae, ha hee ra, song il gook, shin eun kyung etc etc

i would watch this drama because kim sung eun is here, i just hope she has more exposure here

Guest flyfany89

whats this drama replacing? I dont really recognize the korean characters.

^ its been mentioned at the top

it's replacing My Man's Woman

anyways what is the drama about?

Guest angel2nyt

Date of airing : 25th of June

SBS : Chasing after Kang Nam's mothers

eps: 20

Actors/Actresses: Ha Hee Ra, Yoon Joon Sang, Jung Sun Kyung

Story: Ha Hee Ra plays Min Joo, a single mom who moved to Kang Nam for the sake of her son's education.

Yoon Joon Sang plays Seo Sung Won, Min Joo's son's teacher and her tenant who has looks and brains as well to make him a good catch in the eyes of many women.

credits to yeohweping

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jahye

The drama starts MONDAY & TUESDAY (25th & 26th) on SBS

q7iv6.jpg

q8jt7.jpg

q11sb3.jpg

q2eq3.jpg

afsdfq8.jpg

123ir9.jpg

d16pp4.jpg

d14qt6.jpg

d17xm3.jpg

d19ki0.jpg

d15zw7.jpg

d8kz2.jpg

d9ah3.jpg

d7ed1.jpg

d5is2.jpg

d20zq9.jpg

d6sq1.jpg

d4ow2.jpg

d2ri0.jpg

d1du3.jpg

e5gb0.jpg

e8zp5.jpg

e7lt9.jpg

e6hn1.jpg

e2hn7.jpg

e1ne4.jpg

credits; newsen + star news

The cast was on last Monday's (18th) episode of Yashimmanman.

q21ee1.jpg

q20mj1.jpg

q17an3.jpg

Guest heartshapelove

i remember seeing this thread last week... ill definitely check this drama out next week since it looks funny :D ... goodthing its on the weekdays too B)

EPISODE 1 RATINGS

[TNS] 6. 월화드라마<강남엄마따라잡기> SBS 14.4 | 6. 월화드라마<강남엄마따라잡기> SBS 15.4

[AGB] 5 SBS 월화드라마(강남엄마따라잡기) 15.2 | 5 SBS 월화드라마(강남엄마따라잡기) 17

What can I say? This is the ahjumma-type of drama, dedicated for all ahjummas. LOL.

Dang. Those ratings are H.I.G.H for first eppie! tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk... :lol:

Guest jahye

Episode 1, rmvb version: megaupload

I don't know for sure right now if I will upload all the episodes till the drama ends, but any episodes I do upload, it will be the rmvb version. Not the LQ asf/wmv or the HQ avi, but the rmvb version from coreano00 clubbox.

I haven't had the time to watch it yet, but has anyone else? I read mixed reviews.. people found it funny enough but I also read the story isn't completely logical.. :sweatingbullets:

Also, Ha Hee Ra isn't exactly the best actress either.. even though she's a veteran among actresses, I still find her acting average, sometimes close to bad.. but I still like her. ^_^ I like the kind hearted Ha Hee Ra in real life so it lets me escape any thoughts of her subpar acting while I watch her. But to be completely honest, she ain't no Chae Shi Ra or Kim Hee Ae in terms of acting.

Guest heartshapelove

i watched ep1 today. judging from the promo pix, i thought that maybe ep1 would be pretty funny. but it really wasnt for me.

ohh well its okay; i like seeing Yoo Joon Sang :) ~ i plan on still watchin this drama and hope that theyll be other watchers as well on this thread that could maybe explain some of the dialogue/scenes.

Guest chuck97

EPISODE 1 RATINGS

[TNS] 6. 월화드라마<강남엄마따라잡기> SBS 14.4 | 6. 월화드라마<강남엄마따라잡기> SBS 15.4

[AGB] 5 SBS 월화드라마(강남엄마따라잡기) 15.2 | 5 SBS 월화드라마(강남엄마따라잡기) 17

What can I say? This is the ahjumma-type of drama, dedicated for all ahjummas. LOL.

Dang. Those ratings are H.I.G.H for first eppie! tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk... :lol:

Just like Joo Mong, the ratings drop atleast 50% for the first episode of a new series. 15% is consider good rating when a few KBS ones get 10% below.

i wasnt going to watch this but i have nothing to do on Mon. & Tues. except for YSMM so i decided to try this out.

its more of a pursuit of best education. its funny at times but usually i just kept thinking about how in the drama kangnam is so highly considered in korea. i think thats a bit ridiculous. but i guess thats one illogical part of the story. also the fact that rich ahjummas are party moms and use money to get their way. another illogical part. (this drama has so many stereotypes, but i guess that makes it enjoyable at times too)

its sweet how haheera is the type of mother who would do anything for her son if it ensures him a higher success rate. he seems like a very hard working kid too. i feel a tense relationship coming up b/w him and jungsunkyung's son. her son seems to hate haheera's song from that look he gave him. also i think they'll definitely end up going to the same school and maybe both will like that other lady's daughter (lim sungmin's daughter). i feel like these three moms will have their lives connected whether they like it or not. maybe in the end the three will end up friends? anyways its a nice drama to just watch when you have nothing better to do and i guess lots of korean mothers can relate to the crazy amounts of hakwon their children have to go to, the grades, the best education, and etc. maybe thats why ahjummas will watch this. im assuming that jungsunkyung's character will become a better mom due to ha heera's influence. i personally think jungsunkyung's son (although shes his stepmother since his passed away earlier) is pretty good looking lols haheera's song looks like a regular, sorta wimpy, innocent, mama's boy-ish kid lols. but maybe he'll get more independent from the other guy's influence. yoojoonsang's character isnt very appealing to me yet. hes just there lols. hope to see more of him soon~

i'll continue watching this but its nothing i'll be hooked onto (like some other dramas im watching at the moment)

just found this article at the Celebrity News Thread...the article seems interesting, I'm not sure if this will help the drama or not but it is still getting good ratings...

Debates Over “Gangnam Moms”

JUNE 28, 2007 03:14

2007062850308.jpg

New SBS soap opera called “Catching Up with Moms in Gangnam” (most affluent districts of Seoul in the south of the Han River) premiered on June 25 (written by Kim Hyeon-hee, produced by Hong Chang-wook, Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 p.m.). Afterward, debates over the education frenzy of Gangnam moms erupted again.

The TV drama received a viewership rating of 14.1 percent on June 25, and 16.2 percent on June 26 (according to TNS Media Korea), the highest among all TV programs on at the same hour.

The new drama’s main plot starts as Min-ju (played by Ha Hee-ra), a resident of the Gangbuk area (north of the Han river), decides to move to Gangnam after his son, the smartest student in his school, received one of the poorest marks in an English contest against students in Gangnam. After, the drama showed that Min-ju’s friend Sumi (played by Lim Seong-min), a Gangnam resident, bluntly emphasize the educational gap between the two regions, that moms in Gangnam area shared information such as ‘30 new entrance in Ivy League universities this year,’ and that students in Gangnam area wear and carry designer luxury goods. Other major characters include Mi-gyeong (Jeong Seon-gyeong), who wants to move to Gangnam, and Sumi, an arrogant Gangnam resident who loves luxury items.

The controversy centers on the lifestyles of Gangnam moms featured in this drama. About 500 articles have been posted on the official website of the drama written by moms in both areas. Park Myeong-suk, a housewife married for 10 years and residing in Gangnam said in her posting, “Many residents in the Daechi-dong apartment complex moved to this area for their children’s education and they mostly rent. Though there are many rich people in the neighborhood, most of them are just members of the general public burdened with living costs and educational fees.

Hong Chun-gi said in another posting, “The drama shows children wearing designer clothes and adoring the Tower Palace (a luxury apartment complex). But in reality, not all Gangnam moms buy their kids luxuries and many are bargain hunters. The drama should not overgeneralize people in this neighborhood.”

Kim Hyeon-suk added in another posting, “Characters in the drama easily talk about a ‘billion won,’ but not many have that much money in this region. Our only guilt is that we sold our house and land just to come here for the sake of our children’s education.”

On the other hand, Ahn Mun-ju, a mom seemingly residing in non-Gangnam area, said, “The only people who search for cheap clothes in Gangnam stores are those who are from non-Seoul areas. If you look at people at a bookstore in Gangnam for an hour, you would see eight out of ten buy expensive items. Some merchants say you have to sell expensive clothes in Gangnam because otherwise your business is in trouble.”

Mun Seon-hee said, “I once worked part-time at a kindergarten in Gangnam. I saw kids who went on overseas trips to Europe, China, and Latin America every summer vacation. So I felt I was a stranger there.” Lim Chung-sun, a Gangbuk mom, said, “It’s discomforting to watch the drama. It seems to me that people in Gangnam area do not consider nor understand people living side by side with them.”

SBS Drama Chief Producer Gu Bon-geun explained the subject matter of the drama, saying, “We wanted to expose controversial issues straightforwardly and discuss them.”

credits to Rubie

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2007062850308

Seems that people in the Gangnam area might be sensitive to the topic?

I can't see the possibility of everybody in an area to be entirely the same...but perhaps there is some truth in the general culture of the district because I sensed that some moms from that area got defensive.

But.....500 articles on the main website, posted by ahjummas online!?!?!? whoa....

Archived