Lee Bo Young 이보영 | Upcoming Drama 2024 : Hide

MDSY

Guest letterbee

Congratulations!! So happy for this news! I am very happy for both of them and i wish them to be always happy and health! Take care of you, my favorite actors, and wish the baby healthy and beautiful! 

:x

hello!  I just recently watched My Daughter Seo Young and her guest appearances with LSY. :)   
Anyway, Congrats to Lee Bo Young and her husband! :x   and wow, so she met her husband in Save the Last Dance for Me, I remember this drama was popular here in our country back then.

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Lee Bo Young And Ji Sung Are Expecting

By Staff Writer | Nov 24, 2014 09:36 AM EST

•  inShare
  • Tags Lee Bo YoungJi Sung
    Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung

When actors Lee Bo Young and Ji Sung married in September of 2013 they knew they wanted to have children.

"I want to be a father soon," Ji Sung said a few months after his wedding. " We don't have any specific plans, like how many children we want; we just want to have children when it happens."

Like Us on Facebook 

A year later the couple is expecting. On Nov. 24 Ji Sung's agency Namoo Actors told Newsen that Lee Bo Young is 10 weeks pregnant and that the actor is extremely happy over the pregnancy news. The representative also said that the actress plans to take a break from acting.

For the time being, she won′t be active in projects but will focus on her baby," said the Namoo Actors representative. "She usually takes very good care of her health, but until next summer when the baby is due, she will be extra careful."

The actors met when they both appeared in the 2004 SBS drama "Save The Last Dance For Me." In that drama Lee Bo Young lost Ji Sung to his leading lady, played by Eugene. In real life, they were attracted to each other and began dating. But they kept their relationship a secret until 2007 when a photographer caught them out on a date. After that they continued to be so private about their relationship it generated repeated break-up rumors.

"Despite the breakup rumors we were going on dates," Ji Sung said. "We always trusted each other.

Shortly after the actress completed her award-winning role in the 2013 drama "I Hear Your Voice" she announced her wedding plans. She did not want to make the announcement until the drama's end because the show's fans were so invested in her onscreen relationship with her co-star Lee Jong Suk. She did confess her secret wedding plans to Lee Jong Suk, who was one of the few celebrities invited to the wedding.

Ji Sung did not want to wait that long.

"Honestly, I wanted to get married earlier," said Ji Sung. "In my mind, I was already married to her."

The couple married on Sept. 27, 2013, two days after Ji Sung's drama "Secrets" aired for the first time. It was a successful year for both actors.

Lee Bo Young has described her husband as having "a beautiful heart."

She also said that they dated for so long that they don't have much to fight about.

"We know each other well enough to understand what the other thinks," she said. "We think the same, we have the same job, and we understand each other a lot."

Having a child will rearrange their priorities. Between work and family Ji Sung has said that his wife and family will always come first.

Copyright ⓒ 2014 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Guest marikolah

I was hoping to see her in another drama again next year but this is such great news.  Congratulations to such a cool and awesome couple.  Hope to see her in a successful comeback in a few years.  

• 3 weeks later...

Lee Bo Young will be attending the 2014 SBS Drama Awards

On December 22, Lee Bo Young′s agency rep told Newsen, "Although Lee Bo Young is currently pregnant, she will be attending the SBS Drama Awards this year to present the daesang (grand prize) as the daesang recipient in 2013. 

The rep added, "As she is 14 weeks pregnant, Lee Bo Young is in the stable period in her pregnancy, but it will be hard for her watch through the entire ceremony, which will last a very long time. So she won′t be standing at the photo wall ceremony ahead of the award show." 

Pregnant Lee Bo Young to Present the Daesang at ′SBS Drama Awards′

Lee Bo Young received the daesang for her performance as Jang Hye Sung in the drama I Hear Your Voice in 2013. 

The SBS Drama Awards will be part of the SBS Awards Festival, a broadcast contents festival where stars that shined in the past year can shine together with viewers. 

The SAF kicked off in COEX on December 20 and will continue until December 31 with award ceremonies for music, entertainment and dramas. Viewers can also experience different contents of popular dramas, entertainment, current affairs, and radio programs at the big-scale festival.

Hosted by Lee Hwi Jae, Park Shin Hye, and Park Seo Joon, the 2014 SBS Drama Awards will take place on December 31 at 8:50 PM KST. 

Photo Credit: Newsen

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/83644/pregnant-lee-bo-young-to-present-the-daesang-at-sbs-drama-awards

• 2 weeks later...

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Lee Bo Young Donates 100 Million KRW to Seoul National University Pediatric Cancer Centrekiddy_days January 7, 20150Lee Bo Young Donates 100 Million KRW to Seoul National University Pediatric Cancer Centre

Actress Lee Bo Young has donated hundred million KRW (approximately $100,000 USD) to pediatric cancer patients.

On January 8, a broadcast associate said, “Lee Bo Young donated 100,000,000 KRW to Seoul National University Pediatric Cancer Centre at the end of last year.”

This act of kindness is attracting interest as Lee Bo Young herself is expecting a child. Lee Bo Young decided on the donation for children as she expects her own one year into her marriage.

This is not the first time that Lee Bo Young has donated for a good cause. In last August, she participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge with her husband Ji Sung and donated to the Seung Il Hope Foundation. In 2008, she participated in UNICEF activities and engaged in active promotions for the organization. In 2013, she gave 10,000,000 KRW ($10,000 USD) to children in Congo.

Not only that, but she has done good by donating rice bouquets to those in need and participating in audio book recordings for the hearing impaired.

Meanwhile, Lee Bo Young has temporarily put her acting career aside and is focusing on her pregnancy.

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;" Ji Sung: “Lee Bo Young Is Not Jealous of My On-Screen Romance with Hwang Jung Eum”ddangha January 7, 201502Ji Sung: “Lee Bo Young Is Not Jealous of My On-Screen Romance with Hwang Jung Eum”

Actor Ji Sung commented that his wife and actress Lee Bo Young is not jealous of his on-screen romance in his new drama “Kill Me Heal Me.”

During the press conference held for the MBC drama, Ji Sung praised his wife Lee Bo Young at great length. “My [filming] ends early in the morning, and I leave early in the morning as well. [Lee Bo Young's] sleeping pattern has changed because of that. She wakes up when I leave, and she even packs me meals. She’s so lovable. I’m shooting a healing drama and I get so much healing from my wife, I’ll make sure to put this energy into my acting.”

He also added that Lee Bo Young was not jealous of his on-screen romance with the leading actress of the drama, Hwang Jung Eum. “She was happy to hear that I will be acting with Hwang Jung Eum. She encourages me and cheers me on. She doesn’t seem jealous.”

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young got married in the fall of 2013, six years after they revealed they were in a relationship. They announced Lee Bo Young’s pregnancy in November of 2014.

Actor Ji Sung brags about his wife, Lee Bo Young

January 6, 2015 @ 4:31 am
Advertisement class="section section-sidebar" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 51px 0px 10px; font-family: inherit; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(216, 212, 212); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 2.2em; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: -0.1em; z-index: 0; position: relative;"SCRAP, SHARE & LIKE

SHARES

At a recent press conference for the upcoming drama 'Kill Me, Heal Me' held at MBC Golden Mouse Hotel, actor Ji Sung expressed his regret about not being able to take care of Lee Bo Young during her pregnancy, while shamelessly sharing their picture perfect marriage life.

SEE ALSO: Lee Bo Young revealed to have donated ,000 USD to a cancer hospital

He said, "I wanted to take care of her at a hard time like this, so I am regretful even as I work. But since I am making money, I am hoping that she would understand.

The actor continued and revealed that he receives healing from Lee Bo Young and said, "I am embarrassed because it seems like I am bragging, but when I look at my wife, I think, 'So this is what a dutiful wife is like.' I always go home early in the morning and leave early in the morning, so my wife had changed her sleeping schedule for me. She wakes up when I go home, and she sleeps when I leave." 

Ji Sung stated, "She tells me that my health will suffer if I don't eat homemade food, so she packs me lunch every day. We try to live frugally together, but because she packs the lunch so well, I am thankful and lovable.

Lastly, the actor said that he will be including the same feeling he receives from his wife into the drama. He explained, "'Kill Me, Heal Me' is a healing drama, but when I look at my wife, I feel healed. I'm trying to include that feeling into the drama as much as I can.

'Kill Me, Heal Me' is a romantic comedy drama that narrates the relationship between the son from a wealthy family who has 7 personalities and a first year female resident who becomes a secret doctor for him. The drama will be premiering on January 7!

So happy for the expectant mother.. and her husband...

She looked radiant at the drama awards..

Happy Birthday indeed.

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-family: Raleway; line-height: 1.25em; margin: 0px; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 28.8px; color: rgb(45, 36, 36); font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-align: center; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;"Happy Birthday! 10 Reasons we love Lee Bo Young
Lee_Bo_Young.png

Today is Lee Bo Young's birthday! The talented actress turns 36 today (37 Korean age), so let's celebrate by taking a look at some of the many reasons we love Lee Bo Young:

1. She has a gift for humor

Lee_Bo_Young_sassy_IHYV.png

Lee Bo Young won over viewers as the hilariously obstinate Jang Hye Sung in I Hear Your Voice. Her saucy attitude in the role helped carry the show to immense popularity.

2. She's willing to try a variety of characters

LBY_Gods_Gift.jpg

Rather than sticking to just one type of character, Lee Bo Young has done a range of roles. For example, she most recently took on a melodramatic role as the mother of a young girl who was murdered in God's Gift — 14 Days.

3. Her natural elegance

LeeBoYoung_elegant.png

Did you know that Lee Bo Young won Miss Daejeon in the Miss Korea pageant in 2000 before she made her debut as a model and actress? No wonder she has such a natural air of grace about her!

4. She and Ji Sung are the most adorable celebrity love birds

LeeBoYoung_Ji_Sung.png

Lee Bo Young and husband Ji Sung first met on the set of Save the Last Dance for Me back in 2004, and they finally married in 2013. When asked about their relationship, Lee Bo Young has said that she initially rejected Ji Sung many times because he wasn't her type, but he eventually won her over because of his "very beautiful heart." Awwwww. So sweet! They are always very supportive and loving of each other in interviews.

5. She has a great sense of fashion
LBY_fashion.png
Maybe it's her modeling background at work, but Lee Bo Young always has stunning and glamorous red carpet style.

6. Her friendship with Lee Jong Suk

Lee_Bo_Young_Lee_Jon_suk.jpg

Lee Bo Young and Lee Jong Suk developed an older sister/younger brother relationship on the set of I Hear Your Voice. The two have remained fast friends since that time, reportedly calling and texting each other encouragement. Lee Jong Suk was one of the few celebrities invited to Lee Bo Young's wedding with Ji Sung.

7. She maintains relationships

Pinocchio_food_truck_1.jpg

In addition to her ongoing friendship with Lee Jong Suk, she also continues to support staff members from her previous dramas. For example, she sent a food truck to the set of Pinocchio because the writer, director, and lead actor all worked with her on I Hear Your Voice.

8. She cares for the earth

LBY_enviroment.png

Lee Bo Young is involved with various environmental causes, including appearing in 

for the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification.

9. She's a believable crier

LBY_crying.png

Crying is one of those acting skills that gives even the most talented actors and actresses trouble from time to time, but Lee Bo Young has managed to make her tears emotional without going overboard.

10. She's going to be an amazing mom

Lee_Bo_Young_Ji_Sung.jpg

We're so happy for Lee Bo Young, Ji Sung, and their expected baby! Lee Bo Young is due in July, and we're wishing the lovely couple a healthy pregnancy and a happy child!

Happy birthday, Lee Bo Young! What's your favorite of her roles? Comment below!

Source: Drama Fever Blog

• 4 weeks later...