------------------------

오만석, 전광렬, 안재모 우린 모두 내시 〈왕과 나〉 제작발표회

20070823151508.212.0.jpg

clip

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/ytnstar/200708/23/200708231246301952_s.wmv

go here to watch online

http://tvnews.media.daum.net/part/entertv/.../v17880917.html

===========

This looks really interesting. But I am confused since I don't know Korean history. What time(century) is this taking place? Like what specific thing happened during this time?

i thinik it happen around the 1460s ...

starting from King Sejo ..who is the husband of Queen Jeonghee by Yang Mi kyeong ..not sure how far will it cover King Sejong but there is a role of King Yejong in the drama who become king in 1468 but died one year later and then is succeeded by King Seongjong who is just 13 year old ..[this is the main king role for this drama .] .so majority of the drama shd covered his reigin ..till his son ..Yeonsan-gun the famous mad king who also appeared in the movie The King and Clown .

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donilpark

This looks really interesting. But I am confused since I don't know Korean history. What time(century) is this taking place? Like what specific thing happened during this time?

About thirty years before Daejanggeum happens. The desposed king (who is the successor of the king in this drama) in Daejanggeum is deposed soon after the main character of this drama was killed by him.

Guest mineowyn

Hey guys, after watching the 19 min long highlight, my head is hurting with all the politics and remembering of names..

Who ordered the guy to be buried and killed via bees and for what crime/purpose?? The method's kinda gross... :crazy:

f_15f2ba2f2cbm_28c46e6.jpg

Also I've been thinking..I know this might sound like a stupid question but, is it possible for OMS' character to still have feelings for a woman after he has *ahem* cut off his manhood? I know the idea of a eunuch being gay is a highly stereotypical view and might not be true, but I remember reading somwhere in bio class that you need to at least have your testes in place to even have testosterone coursing through your blood..Am I right?

Is it just me, or does the many eunuch scenes in King & I is reminiscent of DaeJangGeum? DaeJangGeum DeJaVu?

For e.g. the rows of eunuchs bowing to JKR and little eunuchs wrking to dress their seniors..JKR killing the guy with bees made me think of JangGeum's mom being fed poison... The scene where OMS' mom parts with this guy on a boat and the silver sword he thrusts in her hand.. The forest scene where his mom collapses. And the cave in which little OMS saves little GHS looks like the death place of JangGeum's mom.

Also I had one JuMong DeJaVu moment... The part where the 2 young ones are in the bed of flowers reminded me of HaeMoSu and YooHwa.

Right now, the main actors of this show,OMS and GHS, are really growing on me!! ^^

f_8602a85420cm_f6588a3.jpg

Wow 19 mins highlights :o thanks dramaok! :)

I like the huge poster for this drama.. ^^ very... hollywood-ish.. hehe

viewimage34cd4e4ctj6.jpg

The storyline is quite :wacko: and :(

but this way, we're kinda prepared up front for the 'different' kind of ending...

I'll stay tune to watch this also, keke..

Guest donilpark

Also I've been thinking..I know this might sound like a stupid question but, is it possible for OMS' character to still have feelings for a woman after he has *ahem* cut off his manhood? I know the idea of a eunuch being gay is a highly stereotypical view and might not be true, but I remember reading somwhere in bio class that you need to at least have your testes in place to even have testosterone coursing through your blood..Am I right?

It's called platonic, sis. (or bro.)

Setting that aside, even a man does not have them, if his was removed after pubesce, the man can still have bodily desires. That's what I hear.

How come this thread is so quiet today... :unsure:

anyone watched the first eppie yet?

The thing I don't like about sageuk drama is that they show the childhood years first <_< and for this drama, we'll have about a month / 8 episodes before we can watch the real grown-up casts? >_< aigoo~~

anyhoo.

Here's EPISODE 1 RATINGS

[TNS] Nationwide: 7. 대하사극<왕과나> SBS 14.4 | Seoul: 6. 대하사극<왕과나> SBS 14.8

[AGB] Nationwide: 7 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 14.6 | Seoul: 6 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 15.9

Pretty good~~

I'm sure it'll go up next week without CP around.. hehe

I live in the US and I'm not able to see it yet.

I hope the United States picks up the drama!

How come this thread is so quiet today... :unsure:

anyone watched the first eppie yet?

The thing I don't like about sageuk drama is that they show the childhood years first <_< and for this drama, we'll have about a month / 8 episodes before we can watch the real grown-up casts? >_< aigoo~~

anyhoo.

Here's EPISODE 1 RATINGS

[AGB] Natinwide: 7 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 14.6 | Seoul: 6 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 15.9

Pretty good~~

I'm sure it'll go up next week without CP around.. hehe

ay_link : thanks for posting the ratings. Wow that's pretty good for a first episode rating. Hopefully ratings will go up even more. Apparently a lot of people are anticipating this drama in Korea. That's good to know.

just wondering...Anyone have any non-CB files? I know it is probably too soon to ask...hehehe.

for a change i will watch Period dramas for the 2nd half of 2007.

this is one of them.

i will watch Lee San and Legend.

hopefully i will be able to finish this King and I and Lee San for they have a lot of episodes to follow.

Guest Zombie

I watch the episode 1 yesterday, seem promising, but somehow I have a feeling of Hwangjiji revisit.

The waterfall and the peak of the cliff scenery is defintely where KBS Hwangjini shoot their scene. :lol:

LIke all period dramas, one got to be familiar with the so many characters they introduced in 1 episode. :wacko:

Guest dramaok

i'm pretty sure i won't be able to watch the entire drama, but i will write summaries for the episodes i watch...

come mid-september i'll probably jump boat for Yi-san.. since Jeong Jo's story is more fascinating to me,

and i can't watch 2 sageuks on same nights. ^^ but this drama is already so sad...

--------

King and I (Ep. 1):

e01kor070827hdtvxvidentvo6.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidentgq9.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidentry7.jpg

It's year 1456, King Sejo's first year to reign as monarch of the Joseon dynasty. A year earlier he threw a coup that forced his newphew Danjong to abdicate the throne, but Danjong's faithfuls are plotting to reinstate Danjong's power by assassination of Sejo. A central figure to the movement is Kim Ja-Myeong (Lee Il-Jae/ Cheo-Seon's father) who is a sworn brother of Jo Chi-Kyeom (Jeon Gwang-Ryeol), a leader in palace inspection. Kim Ja-Myeong asks Jo Chi-Kyeom to assist in their movement but Jo Chi-Kyeom, after talking to his adoptive father, a retired eunuch (Shin Gu), becomes tormented in trying to choose between his ambition and his loyalty to his friend. Kim asks Jo to promise him he will look after Kim's pregnant wife and unborn child, and tries to assassinate King Sejo during a martial arts display, but Jo Chi-Kyeom betrays Kim and the attempt fails as Kim is left to flee with injury. Kim and his wife Oh-ssi (Yang Jeong-Ah) run on foot but they are soon caught up by Jo's men. Kim sends his wife on boat first as he faces Jo and his men. Jo Chi-Kyeom acknowledges his betrayal and gives his friend Kim a last chance to fend for himself by giving him a sword, and Kim uses the sword to kill himself. After Kim's death, Jo's men continue to chase Oh-ssi, who is also Jo's first love, but Oh-ssi gives birth to a son (Cheo-Seon) in the wilderness around the same time that Sejo's daughter-in-law, Crown Princess Han-ssi (later Queen Insu / Jeon In-Hwa) gives birth to her second son (later, Seong Jong).

e01kor070827hdtvxvidentwq8.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidenttu1.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidentqi3.jpg

Upon giving birth, Oh-Ssi steals offering food from the temple to feed herself in order to nurse her newborn, and Oh-ssi hides her child in the wilderness while she runs from soldiers, before jumping off a cliff and presumed dead. Meanwhile, Soginopa (Yeo Wun-Gye) prays with her daughter Wol-Hwa (Yun Yu-Seon) who suffers from psychiatric illness, and Wol-Hwa walks off alone to hang herself dead, but she is stopped by the crying of an infant and thus she discovers Cheo-Seon the abandoned child in wilderness, and Wol-Hwa keeps him as her own son. Han-ssi has a nightmare in which abdicated King Danjong's mother comes and curses Han-ssi's child just as Sejo has ruined Danjong's bloodline, and when she awakes she discovers her son is missing. The infant gets kidnapped by a masked man but palace bodyguard Do Geum-Pyo (Han Jeong-Su) captures him and saves the young prince. The kidnapper kills himself while Jo Chi-Kyeom tries find out who sent him.

e01kor070827hdtvxvidenteu6.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidentbt8.jpge01kor070827hdtvxvidentip8.jpg

Next, Crown Prince Ui-Kyeong who has long been hampered by a weak body dies, and his wife, Han-ssi loses her title as crown princess and is sent to live outside the palace to raise the two young princes. Jo Chi-Kyeom's assistant Do Geum-Pyo discovers Oh-ssi is still alive and Jo Chi-Kyeom goes to find her at the temple and is told by the monk that she was found by the water and has suffered memory loss. Jo tells Oh-ssi that he knows her and takes her back to his place, but his wife complains thus Jo arranges to send her to be a milk maid at Han-ssi's residence, thus Oh-ssi becomes the young prince's milk mom, while Jo Chi-Kyeom meets the young Cheo-Seon at Soginopa's place and is told by her that the infant would one day be the greatest palace servant.

Guest mineowyn

thnx Dramaok! Anyone know any CB links fOR HQ?

EDIT: darn it, I just realised there are no fansubbing grps subbing this drama in English or Chinese! Come on, this has to be one of the most hyped about drama of the year!

thanks dramaok...ooh there's going to be a lot of intrigue in the future. Hopefully this drama will still hold your interest come September...hoping you can keep up with the summaries. Since noone is subbing this drama we'll be lost without you :D

mineowyn : I'm also surprised that no one is subbing the drama. I'm guessing the number of episode might have turned off some fansubbing group.

Supa dupa drama!!..Eunuchs n all!!..Yayy for Jeon GwangRyeol again!!..Seen alot of him lately (and loving it)..Jumong, Dr Hur Jun, Ode To Love...

Waah alot of cool cast..!!

thanks dramaok...for the awesome synopsis..!!

EPISODE 2 RATINGS

[TNS] Nationwide: 3. 대하사극<왕과나> SBS 18.8 | Seoul: 3. 대하사극<왕과나> SBS 19.7

[AGB] Nationwide: 2 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 19.7 | Seoul: 2 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 21.9

Wow... what a jump! ^^

TNS - Nationwide +4.4%, Seoul +4.9%

AGB - Nationwide +5.1%, Seoul +6%

Yesterday's ratings:

EPISODE 1 RATINGS

[AGB] Nationwide: 7 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 14.6 | Seoul: 6 SBS SBS대하사극(왕과나) 15.9

PS:

Thank you dramaok for the summary <3

I'll be jumping ship also to Yi San by mid-sept.. :lol:

Lee Seo Jin! :wub:

Guest milkyway_sushi

I was watching a bit of the preview after coffee prince special. Seems interesting.

IS anyone gonna be subbing this :( i dun understand korean T_T

Archived