[Drama 2006] Dr Kkaeng / Dr Gang 닥터 깽

s@nbi

Guest wonbinlover

Yay Yang Dong Gun in a tv drama with the same director as ROYOW. I can't wait because this boy can act. He might not be the best looking guy but he acts very well and has great screen presence. Ha Ga In is not even close to his level. She's pretty but that's all she is. I've only seen her in Super Rookie and my impression of her so far is not very good. I would of loved to see him with Lee Na Young because they're both real good in what they do which is act or someone who's on par with him in terms of acting. Because for me you can be the most handsome guy in the world but if u can't act, I can't sit there and watch you.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Happy_Day

Akk.. nuhmoo ahn uhoolyuh!! (they do not look good together at all!!) Oh well, I kno YDG is a good charismatic actor (from Ruler of your World).. But man.. it's like a beautiful doll with.. a.. monster.. haha

Guest cwheather77024

han ga in is really really pretty

the guy is errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im gonna say he looks verrrrrrrry interesting.

mabey he acts really well

but i don't think i like the way he looks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Access DENIED

Yay! Yang Dong Gun! Can't wait to watch this despite his receding hairline! :lol: The PD of this drama is the same as the one in "Ruler in Your Own World". Haven't been so excited for a k-drama in quite a while... For those who're unfamiliar with YDG, he was in New Nonstop with Jang Nara and Jo in Sung.

07000011370.jpg

I always liked him and jang nara as a couple for some reason..

Guest moon_blue

I always liked him and jang nara as a couple for some reason..

he was best with lee jae eun in nonstop 1, they had awesome chemistry

From twitch film, by X:

닥터 깽 (Doctor Kang)

MBC - March 22 - Wed/Thu Drama, follows 궁 (Princess Hours)

PD: 9/10 박성수 (Park Sung-Soo)

Few PDs not involved with Historical Dramas can compete with Park Sung-Soo when it comes to delivering quality Dramas. Although his earlier Dramas were hit and miss, in the last three years he's hit three jackpots in a row: 2002's amazing 네 멋대로 해라 (Ruler of Your Own World), 2003's underrated 나는 달린다 (Running After a Dream) written by Lee Kyung-Hee, and two episodes of last year's excellent 떨리는 가슴 (Six Love Stories). It might be because he chooses good writers -- In Jung-Ok and Lee Kyung-Hee lately -- but just like Lee Jae-Gyu, he shows a kind of humanism which transcends the small screen setting, and makes his Dramas feel like films, in terms of realism and intensity. I don't think we need to worry about his involvement here, he's one of the best in the industry.

WRITER: 7/10 김규완 (Kim Gyu-Wan)

Mixed feelings here. While I liked 사랑한다 말해줘 (Tell Me You Love Me), and 피아노 (Piano) was quite powerful, they're both uneven, and have the tendency to go all over the place with sentiments. Yet, PD Park is good enough that even just an above-average script could turn into a good Drama.

CAST: 8/10

양동근 (Yang Dong-Geun), 한가인 (Han Ga-In), 박시은 (Park Shi-Eun), 오광록 (Oh Gwang-Rok)

Very solid. Yang is one of the best young actors in the industry, and with guidance, Han Ga-In can be good. I'm sure Park Shi-Eun will play her usual flower vase role, but the presence of Oh Gwang-Rok and possibly some other great veterans makes this sound like quite an interesting Drama.

OUTLINE: 7/10

Korea is full of 양아치 (third rate gangsters, or thugs) trying to make it big in the organization, but what happens when mommy spends money from the wrong 'family'? Then you've gotta run, fast. Or maybe pretend to be a doctor, which is what happens to Yang here. Then of course he meets super-sassy Han Ga-In, and the sparks start en masse. Might be the Busan location, or that I trust PD Park's good taste, but this sounds like a breezy and entertaining show, the likes of which MBC has become famous for in the past. Given the cast, it should be a little better than 신입사원 (Super Rookie), but those who expect the feats of Park's previous Dramas should probably lower their expectations.

RATINGS POTENTIAL: 7/10

Bold statement: I believe in the good taste of Korean viewers, and this show will do well. Or not. I doubt it'll carry over the portion of viewers looking for a new show after 'Princess Hours' -- as most of them are teenagers, who tend to favour 'pretty face' shows, and last I checked Yang ain't too pretty -- so I'd say 15 to 20%, with an upsurge if the show is good.

OVERALL: 7.60

Guest xosandy

2/24/06 – Lee Jong Hyuk (이종혁) will costar with Yang Dong Geun (양동근) and Han Ga In (한가인) in the Wednesday-Thursday drama “Doctor Gang (닥터 깽)” scheduled to be aired by MBC following the final episode of “Palace”. He plays the role Suk Hee Jung (석희정) who is a successful prosecutor and becomes the love rival of the main character Dal Go (달고) played by YDG. Hee Jung grew up as an illegitimate child but he studies and works very hard to become a prosecutor. LJH currently performs in KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama “How Are You, God”.

200502160131_00.jpg

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...602240935331110

Yang Donggeun and Han Gain make a good pairing - and they both act pretty good.

And ROYOW PD....

don't want to anticipate too much...... but still with this combo....

Archived