[JAPAN DRAMA 2007] ホタルノヒカリ 1 / HOTARU NO HIKARI 1

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keczianthei

is this drama still airing in japan? i can't wait to watch it all with eng sub... hotaru is too cute, i like her character!

yes.. it still is.. :D

Guest shedz15_89

nice drama...can't wait to watch episode 5...

i really had a good laugh!!!^^

i can totally relate to amemiya...Hahaha... :D :D

she's like me in some ways... :lol: :lol:

Much as I love Buchou, it'll become another one of those typical korean i-live-with-you-and-then-i-fall-for-you dramas if Hotaru ends up with him. It'll be nice change for once considering all that Hotaru & Makoto have been going through. :mellow:

I think that's the part I like the most. It's a Japanese version of a typical Korean storyline. It's refreashing to me.

I hope they do end up together. They seem like the perfect match.

Guest Cherish_

I think that's the part I like the most. It's a Japanese version of a typical Korean storyline. It's refreashing to me.

I hope they do end up together. They seem like the perfect match.

hehe... yeh... it seems like they know each other very well

i hate the suspense... still don't know who she would be with

So people are still on team Hotaru and Buchou? Isn't episode 10 the end of the drama? If they make Hotaru ends up with Buchou, that would be pretty forced. Maybe she won't end up with Makoto either.. but if they make her fall in love with Buchou at the end, I'm not convinced.

With 1 episode left, I dont mind if they dont show that Hotaru and Bucho falling in love. I just hope Hotaru back at home, live with Bucho as before, and live as they always do....

Guest xingjing

I honestly think Hotaru should belong with Buchou. I mean honestly, watching Buchou go through all that in episode 9, it honestly pains me to watch him. He's like a wonderful, though sometimes harsh in his words, guardian angell for Hotaru. And what dear Yamada anego says,

"He's the sort of person who won't say that he's lonely."

I mean, that part just made me cry. Buchou totally deserves someone in the end. And like his friend [forgot his name], there really aren't people you can show your real, COMPLETELY YOU side to. I mean, it's usually like a significant other. As for Hotaru, the entire time I was watching episode 9 consisted of me being frustrated with her... while crying for Buchou.

I don't think it's like a "typical korean-drama-live-together-fall-in-love" storyline. It's more than that. There are several dimensions to their relationship. I mean, first of all, and most importantly, both of them are able to be themselves at home with each other. There's a lot about them being able to accept each other as they are themselves. Buchou accepts Hotaru for her and only her... [HE WAS SUCH A LOSER IN EPISODE 9 FOR THAT LAST LINE IN THE TEXT MESSAGE].

As for Makoto... he feels like a character that's like a white-washed wall. Maybe there's one ordinary painting on that wall, but, as far as I can tell in the drama, he seems really flat. He's so... normal. There's nothing about him. And in addition to that, Hotaru has to hide herself in the beginning... she's not being herself. And even though Makoto accepts her... meh. I just don't have much to say about Makoto x Hotaru.

Sure, episode 10 might be forced with Hotaru "suddenly" falling in love with Buchou... but hey, they get the extra... half an hour or something like that? So it's longer than the normal episodes. But I would love to see it. And I don't think it will be that forced. I think Hotaru might not be realizing certain things. It takes distance perhaps to realize. And most importantly...

Buchou should start fighting for himself. I mean, honestly. That guy's so freakin' selfless when it comes to love. GRR.

Guest Cherish_

I honestly think Hotaru should belong with Buchou. I mean honestly, watching Buchou go through all that in episode 9, it honestly pains me to watch him. He's like a wonderful, though sometimes harsh in his words, guardian angell for Hotaru. And what dear Yamada anego says,

"He's the sort of person who won't say that he's lonely."

I mean, that part just made me cry. Buchou totally deserves someone in the end. And like his friend [forgot his name], there really aren't people you can show your real, COMPLETELY YOU side to. I mean, it's usually like a significant other. As for Hotaru, the entire time I was watching episode 9 consisted of me being frustrated with her... while crying for Buchou.

I don't think it's like a "typical korean-drama-live-together-fall-in-love" storyline. It's more than that. There are several dimensions to their relationship. I mean, first of all, and most importantly, both of them are able to be themselves at home with each other. There's a lot about them being able to accept each other as they are themselves. Buchou accepts Hotaru for her and only her... [HE WAS SUCH A LOSER IN EPISODE 9 FOR THAT LAST LINE IN THE TEXT MESSAGE].

As for Makoto... he feels like a character that's like a white-washed wall. Maybe there's one ordinary painting on that wall, but, as far as I can tell in the drama, he seems really flat. He's so... normal. There's nothing about him. And in addition to that, Hotaru has to hide herself in the beginning... she's not being herself. And even though Makoto accepts her... meh. I just don't have much to say about Makoto x Hotaru.

Sure, episode 10 might be forced with Hotaru "suddenly" falling in love with Buchou... but hey, they get the extra... half an hour or something like that? So it's longer than the normal episodes. But I would love to see it. And I don't think it will be that forced. I think Hotaru might not be realizing certain things. It takes distance perhaps to realize. And most importantly...

Buchou should start fighting for himself. I mean, honestly. That guy's so freakin' selfless when it comes to love. GRR.

I agree with u! it was so heartbreaking to watch! =( but judging by the trailer of episode 10, it seems unlikely for buchou and hotaru! :angry:

It wouldn't be force when they spent the last 9 episodes focusing on Makoto and Hotaru and how Hotaru is in love with Makoto, then all of the sudden they have Hotaru and Buchou falling in love with each other at the end, with only 1 episode?! Honestly? I don't know, it would be pretty rush to me.

I honestly don't mind who she ends up with or alone, but Buchou x Hotaru wouldn't seem right.. even if it would make many people happy.

Well, you are able to be the real you in front of your friends too; that's what I see in Buchou and Hotaru, just friends.

I really like this drama in the beginning, now I'm not really sure if I like any characters in this drama anymore.

^ I agree. If Hotaru x Buchou are together, I'm gonna cry a river because I'm

deeply in love with this drama because of its non-clicheness. I just hope it

doesnt fall into the typical Korean drama category because that ruins the

whole point of originality. I mean, think about it. Hotaru has had her eyes on

Makoto for 9 WHOLE episodes. NINE. :mellow: Usually you'd expect her to fall for Buchou

around 5-7 episode but shes still for Makoto. If she suddenly falls for Buchou... <_<

I think it just makes SENSE that Hotaru ends up with Makoto. Love makes

you uncomfortable, nervous, not yourself, etc. and thats how Hotaru is with

Makoto. Most love are like that in beginning. You dont open yourself up to

someone until you've been with them and progress your relationship. The way

I see Buchou and Hotaru's relationship is that he's like a father/brother figure

to her or a very close friends. When you're around family or close friends, you

are naturally yourself. No makeup, no attitude changes, just you. When you

see someone you liek, wouldn't you want to "appear" beautiful for them? I sense

thats it so much more reasonable if Hotaru goes for Makoto.

I would've accepted Hotaru x Buchou relationship IF it actually developed into

love EARLIER than episode 9. Fall in love in ONE episode? ..... I'd be VERY dissapointed.

It's funny I thought for the last 9 episodes that I was watching Hotaru going through the motion of falling in love with Makoto while actually in love with Buchou.

I didn't know this story was about Hotaru and Makoto; all this time I actually thought the story was about Hotaru and Buchou. :mellow:

It's not about Hotaru and Makoto, Buchou is obviously there as well. I guess it's just about how Hotaru is in love with Makoto, but she doesn't have a clue about 'love' and Buchou just happens to be there for her support and falls in love with her in the process.

Honestly, I must be the only one who sees NO romance whatsoever from Hotaru to Buchou.. maybe the other way around, but that's just me.

Honestly, I must be the only one who sees NO romance whatsoever from Hotaru to Buchou.. maybe the other way around, but that's just me.

:lol::lol: *points to my earlier post* I agree with you completely actually. I just dont

feel their chemistry as lovers. Oh well, cant make everyone happy.

Typical ending.

I have a feeling it would end that way, but at least it satisfies me somewhat that they didn't end it all mushy and gooey. xDD

I like that, they give Hotaru and Buchou time to sort out their feelings and didn't rush into things. Something like.. it's you, it'd always been you! *hugsxkisses* would have totally killed it.. for me at least. :lol:

Archived