17 minutes ago, blyn said:
oh thank you for the welcome!! i'm sure will definitely have fun here..anything about Gy is fun!! :-)
and wait what'...why wouldn't he be nominated'..among k actors i think he deserves it most'.. :-(
i'm glad this post ends with a positive note tho'..congrats to Gy!!! :)

Welcome again , I am glad there's good news about him. Coffee prince is my first k-drama . It'll Always be my favorite drama , gy will always be Choi Han kyul in my eyes , his chemistry was Yoon Eun hye was so so great . I just wish they will act again together in any romantic drama or movie . Their chemistry was natural:wub:

• Like 4

Let us not get sad he is not nominated. We are not aware how the nomination process works. What is the difference between Top excellence actor and excellence actor category?! So lets leave it at that. :tongue: It is good that other actors from Goblin got nominations! 

giphy.gif

edit:  What is the difference between Top excellence actor and excellence actor category?!

Looks like Top excellence is for lead roles and excellence for supporting roles.

Edited by staygold
answered my question
  • Like 3

@Noor90 I have no words to describe how sad I am that he wasn't nominated. I agree GY did a fabulous job, but I guess the judges don't think he did a fabulous job. I guess he didn't impress them. I don't think we'll ever know the reason why GY wasn't nominated. Maybe GY is lacking in something? I'm not trying to sound negative. I understand that you are disappointed, but sometimes you need to realize that GY isn't the best actor to others. You said juries ignored GY during TTB, didn't you say GY's role wasn't that great? So maybe the juries didn't think his role was that great either?  Oh and last time I talked to @tok-soompi she said she was waiting on GY news :) So she's still around. As usual you won't answer my PMs busy girl.

Same with @isabelly She's waiting on new GY news. In the meantime she's waiting on her dramas. I'm not sure about the others. Maybe there was so much drama and craziness in this page they decided to leave. I did mention that GY abuse thing. I said I wouldn't repeat that, but I think I drove everyone away. Enough about me. This is about GY. GY needs to be woke on what's going on because maybe it's his fault? I'm not trying to be mean. I am just trying to understand.

@blyn Welcome. I loved GY in Coffee Prince. 

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noor90 said:

The only thing made me happy after reading this bad news is that k-netizens are complaining too why GY isn't nominated and how Goblin is nominated without the LEAD of drama , they aren't even congratulating goblin for 9 nominations cuz GY isn't one of nominations 

I don't agree with this, and I don't see how this would make you happy. They should support everyone even if GY wasn't nominated. This makes GY fans look bad.

35 minutes ago, staygold said:

Let us not get sad he is not nominated. We are not aware how the nomination process works. What is the difference between Top excellence actor and excellence actor category?! So lets leave it at that. :tongue: It is good that other actors from Goblin got nominations! 

giphy.gif

edit:  What is the difference between Top excellence actor and excellence actor category?!

Looks like Top excellence is for lead roles and excellence for supporting roles.

There's daesang and top excellence , excellence award . Top Excellence supposed to be for lead actors . But let's be honest excluding gy name isn't good thing , he can be nominated but doesn't win . I won't be that sad , but ignoring him like that is Suspicious to me. 

13 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

@Noor90 I saw some people say Goblin wasn't his best performance. I don't know.

GY already won highest prize for his performance"Baeksang" in goblin .  So it's shame to ignore him like that in this award. 

Also I read other nominees names , there aren't so strong to exclude gy for them . Top Excellence category doesn't have big names like Jo in sung , yoo ah in , so ji sub , Jo jung suk to exclude gy 

I'll tell u my true thought that  kes didn't give Justice to gy Character to show all his skills that's why some said it's not gy best performance. In my opinion it's not gy fault it's writing fault & also it's kes habit to write dull Character

When I talk about gy best performance it'll be  Age of Shadows , man and woman .but since focus of story was on SKH , and of course he's talented , he's nominated as Best actor not gy . Also gy role was big to be a support actor that's why gy wasn't nominated as support actor 

Also man and woman wasn't successful in box office that's why there was no nomination for this movie . Cuz most of nominations depend on popularity & box office success 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, staygold said:

But @Noor90 how are the nominations chose? Is there an academy like Oscars or screen actors guild that chooses the nominees? Or is this a popularity award based on who got more votes? 

depend on judges not voting that's why i said it's weird , we still have APAN so i'll wait and see

• Like 2

LOOK: ‘Goblin’ star Gong Yoo tours Japan

MAIN-photo.jpeg

South Korean actor Gong Yoo recently did a photo shoot in Japan for a fashion magazine’s October issue.

On Monday, photographer Choi Yong-bin released pictures of the shoot on Instagram to the delight of the actor’s fans.

In the photos, Gong and singer-songwriter MY Q were seen enjoying the quiet streets of Kanazawa in Ishikawa Prefecture, following the concept of “Travel with a friend.”

Gong, who has been enjoying popularity in Korea and overseas, thanks to the drama “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God”, reproduced the classic look of Kim Shin (his character from the drama) with the same kind of long coats that he had donned in the series.

3.jpeg

The actor made his breakthrough performance as the lead in the 2007 romantic comedy series “The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince”. His fame further rose internationally when he starred in the 2016 hit zombie apocalypse movie “Train to Busan”. JB

http://entertainment.inquirer.net/243939/look-goblins-gong-yoo-japan

@CatchMine_ID @staygold please , do u know good program to make mv , i want to do MVs:D

• Like 5

Just now, staygold said:

@Noor90 I have only used Filmora which is sufficient for beginner like me. Catch might tell you about more evolved softwares for editing. Her FMVs are always rocking!

i will try filmora cuz i am beginner too , and wait Catch to tell me about another professional programs , her FMVs always so good , she's so talented ^_^

• Like 2

i make Mv's and i just do it from my phone..you can try the power director app...it's a good tool for editing...you can check out my works on youtube if you want to check how good the product is...just check out united gyeh shippers channel...find the vids made by bren in the description section...hehe i've already made 10 mv's including an edited duet of gong yoo and yoon eun hye of "im inlove" since they both sang it during thier japan fm.

Edited by blyn
wrong person to tag the reply...
  • Like 4

@Noor90, apology... i am busy and partly HJM quiet down (probably having break) so i also having "break" from soompi. :D  i did have quick glance every now and then but might have forgotten to leave my mark :heart:.  :lol:  as usual GY never fail to update us his pictorial even though he has no projects yet.

I suspect maybe GY decline to be nominated cos he doesnt want to attend the ceremony.  Just a thought...

@2handsintertwined, did you pm me? Apology... checking now. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, tok-soompi said:

@Noor90, apology... i am busy and partly HJM quiet down (probably having break) so i also having "break" from soompi. :D  i did have quick glance every now and then but might have forgotten to leave my mark :heart:.  :lol:  as usual GY never fail to update us his pictorial even though he has no projects yet.

I suspect maybe GY decline to be nominated cos he doesnt want to attend the ceremony.  Just a thought...

@2handsintertwined

I wish u enjoy your break ,I had the same thought maybe be gy declined the award but it big award to ignore actor because he won't attend 

56 minutes ago, blyn said:

i make Mv's and i just do it from my phone..you can try the power director app...it's a good tool for editing...you can check out my works on youtube if you want to check how good the product is...just check out united gyeh shippers channel...find the vids made by bren in the description section...hehe i've already made 10 mv's including an edited duet of gong yoo and yoon eun hye of "im inlove" since they both sang it during thier japan fm.

Can u please send me your  MVs in message or share them here , i will try this app too^_^ . I user to make many FMVs nowdays  i am busy & lazy too :D but i want to open youtube channel for gy and share MVs , CFs , interviews of gong yoo

• Like 4

@Noor90 i'm also a beginer in editing and my work isn't as good as catch (already check out her yt channel) great fmv'i've suddenly became a fan of her works..anyways try the app..i haven't tried filmora but my co shippers does..and i think power director has more features compare to it..you can reverse and flip image from there even slow it down or move it fast even allows you to blend audios'..just have to remove the water mark tho'..(but i don't since i  haven't purchased  thier premium yet')you can try it...it's a free app anyway... :-)

• Like 3

@Noor90 I understand what you mean, but you totally misunderstood me. Why can't you let it be his fault that he's not nominated? You're always defending him. GY has no social media, the only friend he has is MyQ, he doesn't go for walks, he does't share his life with others. Someone on a show said they don't know anyone who knows him. So yes, this is GY's fault. He rejects scripts which shows that his behavior is bad, looking down on these scripts, he only appears in CFs and magazines, which isn't fair to his fans. He doesn't go on variety. So maybe they just simply forgot he existed? I don't know. I am not in South Korea.  I don't think he declined the award because he didn't want to attend like @tok-soompi is saying and that's why he wasn't nominated. No one knows the reason. But it must have been a big one. Yes, you can say Kim Shin wasn't written well, but you also said GY managed to pull it off. You can't blame it on the writer. Maybe GY didn't reach the judges with his performance? Maybe it's not memorable. These are just my guesses.  But it might be different here in America on the Oscars, and Golden Globes. So GY is not perfect. Even he said he didn't fit to be a celebrity.

21 hours ago, Noor90 said:

depend on judges not voting that's why i said it's weird , we still have APAN so i'll wait and see

Weird how? Why's it only weird to you if GY isn't nominated? I don't understand. If he's not nominated in APAN either, what will you do? Will you blame this on the judges too?

Now you're talking about making videos? Well, I said a lot of things, and you ignored them all. Should we take this to PM? I don't want to fight here. This page is already messed up anyway.

4 hours ago, isabelly said:

hi everyone! i come here to say hello, and i'm alive ahaha i still read the thread..so thank u for your post

i´m waiting for him..i don't know why GY is not nominated..we don't know what happen in this world hahah he was acclaimed!! 

Hello. Glad you're still alive. I'm not trying to sound mean. We're all waiting on him. And we're going to keep waiting for a long, long time, which means you'll never come back here. Did you know GY has a pile of scripts and he's rejecting them all? I can't stand the way he acts sometimes. It's almost selfish. Yes, GY wasn't nominated. Yeah we don't know why. And if he's acclaimed, so what? I don't think acclaim means you should be nominated for an award. Do you? If you read this message you're going to think I hate him. I love him. I look at him everyday. I am just simply pissed off at him. I think he needs to change. Like I am so mad, and I cry every night. Should we all leave him? I don't understand why he has to be active for you to interact with us here. It hurts my feelings. You are so full of ideas and you are so full of inspiration. But you won't participate because GY isn't active. I don't understand that.

@tok-soompi Yes, I did PM. I got yours, and I PM you back. Hope you reply it. 

I'm sorry everyone i'm just so emotional, and I'm not trying to attack anyone. Days and days pass by and we hear or see nothing. I am getting so sick. And I think some fans are losing hope. Everytime I look at his picture I get angry because he's not here.

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 2

@Noor90 Hii! *waves* Sorry I've been a bit busy and afk. But YES.  I actually agree with you. I find it VERY weird that he's been excluded from the nomination list. It is especially weird because his other colleagues have been nominated, cast and crew and all. His role as Kim Shin was actually quite well-portrayed even though the character had some faults and could be better written. Personally, I don't miss anything about his character. Kim Shin WAS a sad soul and that is how it was supposed to be and all the buckets I cried during Dokkaebi is enough to prove to me that he managed to do well with Kim Shin. But that's MY opinion.

@staygold You mention the process of nomination and I'm curious about it myself. However, I again agree with @Noor90 it IS weird to exclude the lead of any drama, win or no win. It doesn't make sense to just "drop" nominating the main actor because it is very common to include lead actors for nominations when the rest of the cast is. Don't take me wrong, I am very happy that his colleagues are nominated, many deserve an award for their performance. However, are we all saying that we should just brush off the fact that the one and only reason dokkaebi was what it was doesn't deserve a nomination? That's wrong in my eyes. 

You can nitpick his character flaws, but one thing is for sure and that is that the fault with the character does not lie in the performance of the actor. And I would like to believe that the nominations aren't only based on "how well" a character was written but how well it was performed. Baeksang is a proof that GY did a splendid job, and I would have assumed that he will be nominated for many awards this year, but it seems otherwise. 

What say?

• Like 3