Help. First Aid. Something.

summerdamsel

Guest CriticalHit

Owww that reminds me of the time I tipped over my ramen noodles on accident and the boiling noodles and water burned my legs and butt o.o... well if it hurts a lot a lot and its peeling you might want to call the doctor... I'm not a burn doctor so unfortunately I cannot help you much ^^;; good luck though... water burns so painful >.<

Owww that reminds me of the time I tipped over my ramen noodles on accident and the boiling noodles and water burned my legs and butt o.o... well if it hurts a lot a lot and its peeling you might want to call the doctor... I'm not a burn doctor so unfortunately I cannot help you much ^^;; good luck though... water burns so painful >.<

That reminds me of the time when I did the exact same thing. It spilled all over my foot and legs. My mom told me to put soy sauce on it. I don't know if it actually works but I did remember it feeling a lot better. It hurts when you put it on. >.< The redness went away too.

Website: http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/archives/he...dy_for_burn.asp

Q. I listened to your public radio show and heard a man call in recommending soy sauce for burns. "How weird is that?" I thought. But then, as I took a loaf of bread out of the oven, the inner edge of my thumb and the fleshy pad underneath hit the metal rim of the pan. I expected a painful burn. Since I had nothing else at hand, I decided to try the soy sauce remedy.

The pain eased up in less than a minute, the soreness did not materialize and even the redness went away! It may be weird, but it certainly did work!

• 1 month later...
Guest JiEun123

This is very stupid, but I'll just say it anyway...

A few years ago, I didn't like to take vitamins, and some people made the vitamins into gum. You were supposed to chew on the gum on a certain amount of minutes and then do whatever it is that people do after they finish their gum... Swallow it, perhaps?

Anyway, I thought, what can I do to get the exact time that I'm supposed to have the vitamin/gum thing in my mouth? Then, I saw a wet rag... I put the wet rag inside the microwave and set it to way more than you're supposed to set it to get it warm, and by the time that I was done with the vitamin, the rag had steam going out...

The only thought that ran through my head was, my mom's going to kill me, not the rag can make the house go on fire..

So to get the evidence away, I pulled the rag out of the microwave and went outside to throw the rag in the trash that the base housing provides for us, that can't be used inside, that's also baby fly infested...

Unfortunately, it was a little windy, and the rag caught on fire, but the fire wasn't that big... I dropped the rag, with a small burn on my right index finger, and ran inside and filled a cup with water. The small fire eventually went out, and I picked the now wet and not steamy rag and threw it in the ugly, baby fly infested green trashcan that's provided to us by base housing and is meant to stay outside.

I can't really lie to my parents, so I told my mom what happened and she put on a certain type of blue medicine, that I forget where she got, and the pain, redness, everything just went away!!!!!

Stop laughing, please!!!!!

I feel stupid too, just thinking and writing this.... Let's just say, for a while after that, I made sure to stay a few feet away from the microwave...

Luckily, on my birthday this year, we moved to a different house and I could start fresh on my relationship with microwaves... I mean, without microwaves, there would be no "Traditional Italian Style Wedding" soup that may look nasty but actually is very, very good.

edit-->

I don't know why either...

You see, one of my friends dared me to write that down... It was actually her experience, and she was too lazy to clearly explain to me why she did what she did...

Sorry if it doesn't make any sense!!!!!!!

Guest jbdoom
This is very stupid, but I'll just say it anyway...

A few years ago, I didn't like to take vitamins, and some people made the vitamins into gum. You were supposed to chew on the gum on a certain amount of minutes and then do whatever it is that people do after they finish their gum... Swallow it, perhaps?

Anyway, I thought, what can I do to get the exact time that I'm supposed to have the vitamin/gum thing in my mouth? Then, I saw a wet rag... I put the wet rag inside the microwave and set it to way more than you're supposed to set it to get it warm, and by the time that I was done with the vitamin, the rag had steam going out...

The only thought that ran through my head was, my mom's going to kill me, not the rag can make the house go on fire..

So to get the evidence away, I pulled the rag out of the microwave and went outside to throw the rag in the trash that the base housing provides for us, that can't be used inside, that's also baby fly infested...

Unfortunately, it was a little windy, and the rag caught on fire, but the fire wasn't that big... I dropped the rag, with a small burn on my right index finger, and ran inside and filled a cup with water. The small fire eventually went out, and I picked the now wet and not steamy rag and threw it in the ugly, baby fly infested green trashcan that's provided to us by base housing and is meant to stay outside.

I can't really lie to my parents, so I told my mom what happened and she put on a certain type of blue medicine, that I forget where she got, and the pain, redness, everything just went away!!!!!

Stop laughing, please!!!!!

I feel stupid too, just thinking and writing this.... Let's just say, for a while after that, I made sure to stay a few feet away from the microwave...

Luckily, on my birthday this year, we moved to a different house and I could start fresh on my relationship with microwaves... I mean, without microwaves, there would be no "Traditional Italian Style Wedding" soup that may look nasty but actually is very, very good.

wait, so why did you put a rag inside a microwave? your post made no sense

Guest Malice_Kaiser

LMAO.

Wtf does taking vitamins have to do with warm rags and treating burns? XDDD

Guest hesaid143

haha I guess that's why it's embarassing ?? :sweatingbullets:

I don't think that's ever happened to me before but I guess the soy sauce thing worked. Usually you just put it over cool runnning water though (oh it sounds so painful!)

Guest akira53

I agree...but the story does sound pretty dumb...at least you didn't burn the house down :mellow:

Guest tranced_azn

if you have aloe around it should help, or if not just keep your burned part of your body soaked in cool water for about 5 minutes. i find it quite amusing that people ask for "medical" assistance on soompi and not search on google or wikipedia or something.

Guest xoxo.poppinv

I remember when I was around 6 I was in Vietnam and my aunt was ironing the clothes.

And out of sheer curiosity I decided to touch the VERY HOT iron with my WHOLE hand, and it was burning and all...

And my mom put on toothpaste and it felt a lot cooler... @_@

Guest sunmi_byul

my mom put toothpaste on my armpit when i got a burn there from my hair curler.

i have no idea how that hair curler made its way up my armpit.

but i guess the toothpaste worked cuz it dried up and healed burn i think.

or i got a burn from the stove once and i had this huge water blister and my grandma stuck a needle and thread through it and left the thread inside.

i have no idea what that did cuz i ended up popping it myself.

sorry if i sound gross. haha

but my family is korean so they have a bunch of wierd ways to treat hurt areas.

Guest huangiee

You know what I do? Haha put aloe on it. It's good to have aloe plants in your house..

when my mom did that for me. I thought she was crazy. But hey, it actually works.. it's nice and cooling.

Guest Ryskie

When I worked at a bakery, we had a huge jar of mustard sitting next to the cash registar to use for burns.

It really works, as weird as it sounds...

Theres also this burn-aid stuff that smells like the juicy fruit gum, but I don't know the name of it exactly...

Guest back-sue

My sister did that and had to go to the emergency room..

I suggest you get a doctor to check it out if it still hurts.

I got burned with a curling iron. o__o

And I had a giant black pus bubble on my leg for months.

Archived