The Lee Hyori Thread

Guest BLurBLur

Wahh Gil is such an amazing person for buying 1,000 of her charity calenders...I wish he was my friend. I hope more people buy Hyori's charity calender. She is such a beautiful person from the inside AND the outside. :)

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pruepieces

Can someone direct me... I want to purchase Hyori's charity calendar but don't know where I can get it? If anyone knows where I can purchase her charity calendar, please let me know... greatly appreciated it. Thanks!

Hi, I saw you can buy it in DVD heaven http://dvdheaven.com/product/product_detail_search.php?idx=34815

and ebay and you can find it in Apple Store too

Guest sugarandhoney

Lee Hyo Ri changes into Charlie Chaplin!

Lee Hyo Ri changed into a middle-aged man with a mustache.

On January 5, Lee tweeted a picture with the comment “Today’s shooting is about~ parting my hair in 2:8 ratio!”

In the picture, Lee is wearing a make-up which gives an impression of Charlie Chaplin and makes a funny look by parting her hair at the side in 2:8 ratio. Also, she drew a mustache on her right index finger, completing the look.

Netizens comment: “You…uhm… look cute! You still look pretty.” “You seem to have lost a lot of weights.”

For the first half of the year, Lee is said to be working on her new album.

Source: TV Report

The last line got me so much more excited than this new magazine shoot! I hope she will release her album in Summer/Autumn or just as soon as possible lol.

Guest sugarandhoney

Shocking video of Lee Hyo Ri, ‘nose hairs and armpit hairs’

lhrzhxjfzuxjf.jpg

An old video of singer Lee Hyo Ri was recently released.

On January 10, MBC’s program Good Day released an old video of Lee, who was selected as the ‘Queen of the Year.’

The video is from MBC’s variety show Good Match, in which Lee previously appeared. In the video, Lee is wearing black tape to make it look like she has nose hair.

She is also wearing black stuff on her armpits to make them look like she has armpit hairs. She made people laugh out loud by raising her arms up.

People responded: “She sacrificed herself to make the show funny.” “I remember that I laughed out loud when I saw the show.” “It’s really funny.” “Lee is hilarious.”

The show also aired Lee’s old interview, where she said that she likes quiet men who don’t talk much.

Source: Xportsnews

Dal Shabet selects Lee Hyori & 2NE1 as their role models

(Omitted irrelevant parts)

Girl group Dal Shabet selected singer Lee Hyori and fellow girl group 2NE1 as their role models.

The members revealed their Kyunggi-do “Hit U” MV film site on the 6th, and met with a few reporters to answer a few questions.

Dal Shabet member Viki was asked which girl group she were jealous of, and she responded, “I respect Lee Hyori. I envy everything about her. Her song “U Go Girl” is my absolute favorite.”

“She’s cute, bubbly, and sexy all at the same time, and I’m envious of her performances,” she continued.

Source: Allkpop

Lee Hyo Ri acts “potently” in a music video of the new girl group Spica

Recently, actress Lee Hyo Ri attracts attention by perfectly acting the women who parts her lover.

Lee shows excellent acting in the music video of “Potently” just for the new group Spica, which works in the same agency as her. In the video, Lee expresses mysterious emotion between loneliness and apathy.

The new girl group Spica has been a hot issue since the biography of its members, as well as the name itself were revealed. It became the center of attention when Lee Hyo Ri decided to appear as the female leading character of its music video.

Along the lyrics of “Potently,” Lee plays the woman who parts her lover cold-heartedly. First, Lee shows up wearing lingerie in an empty room. With a vacant look on her face, she is lost in thought. She even treats coldly to the guy who came to find her, acting out her character perfectly with an apathetic expression.

Lee willingly said okay when the president of her agency asked her to appear in the music video of Spica. It is said that she is being such a big support for the girl group and pours much love to them for she was once in a girl group called Fin.K.L.

Meanwhile, all members of Spica have been a hot issue for their distinguished career before their debut.

The member Yang Ji Won was one of the Five Girls which disassembled just before its debut in 2007. The group Five Girls was composed of the Wonder Girls’ Yu Bin, After School’s Uee, Secret’s Hyo Seong, and the soloist G.Na.

Another member Park Na Rae was in top ten of M.net’s Super Star K which broadcasted in 2009. Kim Bo A has frequently featured on many girl groups’ hit songs, gaining a nickname as “female version of K.Will.” In addition, Park Joo Hyun and Kim Bo Hyung are also known to have excellent skills.

Spica debuts this month after releasing the soundtrack and music video of its slow-tempo song “Potently.”

SPICA - Potently (Music Video):

Guest sugarandhoney

Chum Churum (January 2012 wallpapers):

tumblr_ly08ljHe7b1qg50tio1_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_ly08iszV1t1qg50tio1_500.jpg

Chum Churum (Making):

tumblr_lxxmynPIug1qg50tio1_500.jpg

Jung Ryeo Won Joins Hyori’s Charity Calendar Efforts

Just a few days ago, we reported on Gil’s purchase of a thousand copies of Hyori’s charity calendars. It appears Jung Ryeo Won has joined the charity efforts by purchasing the same calendar as well!

On January 6, the star actress posted on her Twitter the following picture with the comment, “Finally, Hyobal unni+Soonshim’s 2012 calendar purchase shot! Everyone spend the year 2012 with Hyo+Soon!”

“Unni is so pretty, whatever angle I take my picture from, I’m just…” she added. In the picture, Jung Ryeo Won is seen holding the calendar Hyori made to raise awareness for abandoned animals. All proceeds from the sales will go towards helping abandoned animals and supporting animal shelters.

Meanwhile, Jung Ryeo Won plays the role of Baek Yeo Chi in SBS drama “Salaryman Cho Han Ji.”

Source: Soompi

Kim Gyu Ri receives calendars as gifts from Lee Hyori

Actress Kim Gyu Ri expressed her thoughts on gifts sent by Lee Hyori.

On the 9th she posted on her Twitter “When I got home from work all these presents were there!! Hyori ah~ Where is Soon Shim?” along with proof shot of her gifts.

She continued “Calendar is pretty and meaningful and to think proceeds are going to help others, what is a better present than this? I’m so proud of you friend~”.

She also commented “do well my girl” and “I hope your album also comes out soon!!”, showing their real friendship with one another.

Source:Kpop Starz

Lee Hyori and Friends Attend Premiere for Uhm Jung Hwa's Film "Dancing Queen"

Uhm Jung Hwa’s friends went to watch the “Dancing Queen” VIP premiere show including: Lee Hyo Ri, Jung Jae Hyung, Hong Jin Kyung, Lee Young Ja, and Kim Wan Sun. Many other directors went to watch the premiere as well.

During the premiere there were many laughs throughout the movie and at the end tears could be seen amongst the viewers.

Lee Hyori stated, “I knew that Uhm Jung Hwa was great at acting but I didn’t know she would be this good. The movie has both laughs and also moving moments, I cried a lot.”

“Dancing Queen” is about a wife who soon gets the chance to be the dance singer she always wanted to. However, her husband runs for mayor of Seoul and she must live a double life. The film will be released on January 19.

Gary & Lee Hyori, friends converse on soju

Leessang member Gary and Lee Hyori‘s conversation through Twitter is drawing attention.

Gary tweeted on January 6th, “At the office citron tea with a beautiful yellow hue and a letter came and it’s suggested how about writing lyrics with the title, ‘Could this mere soju though bitter it may be, be any more bitter than my life’. Should I complain to satisfaction then?”

Gary then added, “But soju’s too bitter for me.” Lee Hyori then sensibly replied to Gary, “Shake it. It becomes smooth” and drew the attention of the netizens.

What Lee Hyori said was actually out of the soju ad that Lee Hyori is appearing and she says the line herself in the ad so the netizens found it quite witty.

Netizens who read Lee Hyori’s answer to Gary’s tweets commented, “Hyori unnie is a pro”, “Unnie, you need to teach Gary oppa how to drink”, “It’s ok, Gary oppa!”, and Gary also replied, “That’s why you are the queen of Soju. Shake it! Shake it!”.

Source: KPOP Fever

Lee Hyori mentions her boyfriend on broadcast for the first time

Singer Lee Hyori mentioned her boyfriend Lee Sang Soon for the first time.

On the 14th broadcast of KBS ‘Entertainment News’ she stated ambiguously “I’m happy these days… I have no reason to be unhappy… for several reasons”.

Reporter, stating that ‘I want to hear you say it out loud’ tried to get Lee Hyori to say his name directly, but she avoided the situation by just laughing.

Recently Lee Hyori who became an issue through publically admitting her relationship through ‘Veranda Project’. She commented “I love taking photos but I don’t like having my photos taken without my knowing” and “if I knew I would have dressed up”, making everyone laugh.

Source: KPOP Starz

Hyori Talks About Her Calendar’s Revenue and Paparazzi Photos

KBS 2TV’s “Entertainment Weekly” visited Lee Hyori at the set of her photoshoot and had broadcasted the episode on January 14.

During the interview Hyori talked about how she was still ‘relevant’ to the Entertainment industry and how she tries to use that spotlight for the good.

She said “Every time I post something on twitter, it becomes a news article signifying that ‘Hyori’s Affect’ is still going strong. Therefore, I need to do what is right [volunteering] so many people can take interest and join in”.

Hyori continued to say “Soon Shim is earning a lot of money. We’ve sold about 10 thousand calendars earning a revenue of roughly 100 million Won.” She jokingly added, “I think it’s because of me and not Soon Shim” creating laughter in the studio.

When asked about her personal life, she states, “I am really happy. There is nothing to be not happy about” while giving a knowing smile, creating more of a buzz within the studio. The reporter retorts back with, “My mouth itches [meaning he is ‘itching’ to spill a secret]” causing another round of laughter.

Hyori also addressed issues regarding recent paparazzi pictures of her and her boyfriend, Lee Sang Soon, during the interview. She says, “I like taking pictures, but I am against [people] taking pictures without my knowledge.” She coyly adds “If I knew they were taking pictures, I would have told them to take it with me in a flattering light” bringing much hilarity to the studio.

Lee Hyori Shows Loyalty in Manager's Time of Need

Lee Hyori’s manager’s father passed away recently. His name is “Lee Geun Sub” and is known as “Lee Hyori’s Good Looking Manager.” He has worked with Lee Hyori for nearly 10 years since when her career began at DSP Media. Their friendship has been a topic on news sources, last year Lee Hyori gave him a $30,000 USD car.

On January 15 and 16 Lee Hyori was at Lee Geun Sub father’s funeral service. On January 15 she stayed with family and on January 16 she greeted visitors.

An anonymous individual that is close to both of them stated, “In the entertainment business a relationship that has lasted 10 years can mean much or nothing at all. Taking care of people that you work with is actually another driving force that has made Lee Hyori the person she is now.

Lee Hyori to Narrate Documentary and Donate Profits

Lee Hyori went from sexy star to socialtainer, and now she’s going to make yet another transformation into a narrator.

KBS revealed on January 18 that Lee Hyori will be narrating KBS1’s special documentary The Small Heroes in Our Neighborhood, and that she plans to donate all of what she’s paid for her work.

The documentary will be about those who quietly lend warm helping hands to those in need.

Happy Noodles, a group which was put together by street cleaners who wanted to give hope to the needy, and Gil Bun Ye, who donated all of the 1.52 billion won she saved through selling small goods, will be making appearances.

James Jun, a choreographer/ballet dancer who donates his time and talent to the homeless, and the Hoddeok Couple of Love, who visit facilities for poorly-fed children and the disabled to cook hoddeok free of charge, will also be introduced through Lee Hyori’s narration.

Lee Hyori didn’t hesitate to take up the role of narrator as soon as the producers had offered it to her.

The producers stated, “She left behind her sexy image to narrate [the documentary] in a calm voice. She rarely made mistakes, and she finished recording like a professional.”

Lee Hyori previously made issues for donating 50 million won to invest in heating for 300 elderly people who live alone. She also donated the profits from sales of her calendar featuring her and her dog Soonshim to the Korean Society for Animal Freedom to promote the adoption of stray dogs. The documentary will air on January 22.

Source: enewsWorld

Lee Hyori donates her appearance fee for KBS documentary to charity

Singer Lee Hyori continues to amaze netizens with her kind heart, as it was recently revealed that she donated her appearance fee from one of her latest projects.

According to KBS, the idol will be providing the narration for a new KBS documentary called, ‘KBS Special – The Everyday Heroes Around Us‘.

This documentary, which will get aired on January 22nd, will focus on everyday heroes who generously give to the less fortunate.

Lee Hyori’s episode featured a married couple who have been dubbed as ‘The Korean Pancake Couple’, since they travel the country to cook free Korean pancakes (also known as ‘Hotteok’) to hungry children and the disabled.

Their kindness moved Hyori so much that she decided to donate her appearance fee to their cause.

A staff member from the documentary stated, “Hyori feels that her donation is nothing to be proud of and is maintaining a humble attitude.”

Lee Hyori has long demonstrated her giving attitude by donating $50,000 to provide heating for 300 senior citizens living alone, in addition to her consistant campaign for animal rights.

Hwang Jung Min makes a romantic confession toward Lee Hyo Ri?

Singer Lee Hyo Ri recently made a surprise call for singer Um Jung Hwa, who was shooting Happy Together 3. Other male cast were so excited at Lee’s calling that they screamed with joy all together.

On the episode of KBS2’s Happy Together Season 3 that airs on January 19, K-Pop’s diva Um Jung Hwa praised K-Pop’s queen Lee Hyo Ri, saying Lee was the only singer she was jealous of.

Um says “We have been close friends since Lee was a member of Fin.K.L, and Lee is a great singer. What’s more, all the male cast, including Hwang Jung Min, love Lee.”

At that moment, Lee’s voice appeared and made all the male cast swoon. Lee, who had made a surprise call, was waiting to surprise her best friend, Um. Hwang Jung Min, who says he is a big fan of Lee, was so ecstatic that he got speechless. But in a moment, abruptly, he fessed up, “I love you, Lee,” which made the whole studio laugh.

Lee quips. “Um is the only senior who I feel friendly, and I think she should get rid of her bad habit of behaving as if she was super cute.” That proved her brilliant sense of humor and everybody laugh.

Lee will be appearing on the special episode Ten-Year-Anniversary of Happy Together, and has been amassing high anticipation, saying she has a lot of things to unleash.

The episode featuring Um Jung Hwa, Hwang Jung Min airs on January 19, at 11:00 p.m. on KBS2.

Source: WikiPress

Netizen finds a photo of G-Dragon & Hyori wearing the same comical costume

tumblr_ly1c12J06X1qfnwfp.jpg

A photo of fashionista Lee Hyori and G-Dragon wearing the same costume recently surfaced on an online community site with the title, ‘GD vs Hyori, same costume, different feel.’

The photo is of both Hyori and G-Dragon who wore the same grey mouse costume on different TV programs.

The cute image that both top stars expressed in the photos evoked laughter amongst fans.

Netizens who saw the photos responded with comments like, “They are the real fashionistas. They look stylish wearing costumes too~“, “Both are so cute“, “The fan who found this really has a keen eye“, “So funny“, and more.

Uhm Jung Hwa confesses that Lee Hyori is the only female singer she’s jealous of

Actress/singer Uhm Jung Hwa has praised Lee Hyori by stating, “She is the only female singer that I am jealous of.”

Uhm Jung Hwa will be appearing as a guest on the upcoming episode of ‘Happy Together‘ along with Hwang Jung Min. During the filming, Uhm Jung Hwa revealed, “Lee Hyori is the only female singer that I am jealous of. I’ve been close friends with her ever since her Fin.K.L days. Not only is she really charismatic and pretty on stage, but a lot of men, Hwang Jung Min included, like her so much.”

At this time, a surprise call was made to Lee Hyori and her voice filled the studio. Reportedly, Hwang Jung Min and the rest of the male cast members couldn’t hold back their excitement upon hearing her voice.

Hilariously, Hwang Jung Min (a longtime Lee Hyori fan), found that he couldn’t utter a word and that his face had turned completely red. With a flash of courage, he unexpectedly and abruptly confessed, “I love you“, causing much laughter in the studio.

Lee Hyo Ri begs, “No more animal abuse videos! It hurts me so much!”

Singer Lee Hyo Ri says to netizens that she has been hurt and asks not to send her any more animal abuse video clips.

On January 18 at 4:00 p.m., Lee tweeted “Stop sending me animal abuse vides. It hurts me so much.”

On seeing her tweet, netizens assume that she has seen a video titled “Burning a puppy” which was spread throughout online community boards on January 16.

The clip was recently recorded in Eastern Europe and includes the scenes in which some puppies are burned to death. The video made many netizens furious, and the movement to protect animal rights and to improve animal welfare seems to become stronger.

Lee has been known for practicing her love and sense of responsibility for animals, therefore she has great influence over it.

Guest sugarandhoney

Lee Hyori's Controversial Statement Regarding Korean Beef Cattle

“You say there are many people who die of hunger and ask what the big deal is if cows die of hunger but isn’t there any means of an easier death?” (Lee Hyori’s tweet)

On January 14, Lee Hyori made an opinionated statement on her Twitter, which once again blew up to be quite a controversy. She spoke out against the Korean beef cattle farmers and their actions due to the recent fall of cattle prices. She raised the topic of how cows were currently dying and asked if there could be better conditions for them.

However, many netizens who came across her worrisome statement were not very pleased. They exclaimed that Lee Hyori’s worries were not the same as those of the cattle farmers. Due to the price decline of cattle, many farmers are suffering and struggling with income and as a last resort to ask the government for help, they were starving their cattle. Netizens were criticizing Lee Hyori for only thinking about the cows’ pain and death.

Netizens say, “Farmers heart-achingly starved their cattle, which were probably like their own children. The farmers are the ones who raised the cattle. The survival of the farmers are at hand as well. Lee Hyori is only talking about how she feels bad for the cows. The point isn’t about how the cattle die. This isn’t a problem that would be solved by figuring out a better way for cows to die. It is a matter of having a reasonable balance of supply and demand for the economy of the nation.”

Furthermore, people are saying that Lee Hyori’s recent statement contradicts her past actions. Last year, Lee Hyori received a lot of money (about $330,000 USD) to be the marketing spokesperson for Korean beef cattle for six months. However, after her contract was over, in an interview, Lee Hyori stated how she was thinking about becoming a vegetarian.

At this, netizens said, “She received such a high guarantee for being a Korean beef cattle spokesperson but right afterwards, she claims that she likes the vegetarian diet. For the sake of farmers and for the sake of the cattle, consumption of Korean beef is very important. However, her past actions are things that would decrease the consumption. Her words and her actions are not consistent.”

Lee Hyori’s management, B2M Entertainment spoke with Dispatch on January 16. They said, “The interview where Hyori talked about vegetarianism is not a proclamation of being a vegetarian on her part. She was just talking about eating healthy. Regarding the recent cattle issue, Hyori did not mean to stir up a heated debate and was just merely speaking her mind.”

Lee Hyori and Uhm Jung Hwa exchange playful banter on ‘Happy Together 3′

Singer Uhm Jung Hwa guested on the January 19th episode of KBS 2TV‘s ‘Happy Together 3‘, where she shared a phone conversation with Lee Hyori.

During the call, Hyori remarked, “Uhm Jung Hwa is so easy [to get along with]. She’s the one female sunbae I know who’s a pushover.”

Uhm Jung Hwa replied, “I hope that you will change that mindset. I plan on becoming scarier in the new year.”

Unfazed by her comment, Hyori scoffed, “Only your eyes are scary,” and gave a cute laugh.

MC Yoo Jae Suk then asked Hyori if there was a quality in Uhm Jung Hwa that she should fix. Humming in thought, Hyori answered, “I think unni tries to act cute.” The cast howled with laughter as Uhm Jung Hwa growled, “You’re going to die~”.

The phone call ended with Hyori chirping out, “I love you unni~!”

Park Maintenance Lady Warns Hyori Not to Feed Animals

On January 19, Lee Hyori commented on her twitter, “Who? Why? It’s not like I feed them in front of someone else’s house, I do it in the bushes of a park where you can barely see what’s going on. So why are you doing this?” with a picture of a note she received from a park maintenance lady.

The note says, “You can’t feed the animals, Park Maintenance Lady.” It is referring to Lee Hyori feeding stray animals at the park. Lee Hyori has been a vocal, devoted animal rights activist since she adopted her once-abandoned dog, Soon Shim. A few days ago, she posted on her twitter, begging people not to send her a video of a little puppy being abused anymore.

Netizens supported Lee Hyori when they saw her twitter post. They commented, “Now you need permission to feed them?” “Hyori practices animal care in real life, too,” and “Cheer up, Hyori.”

When not taking care of stray animals, Lee Hyori has been working on her new album scheduled for release this year.

Lee Hyori to Make First Variety Show Appearance in 2 Years

Lee Hyori will make her return on the small screen.

The singer will make a special appearance as a guest on KBS 2TV’s variety show “Happy Together” season 3 on the 10th anniversary special episode of the show. During a phone conversation between Lee Hyori and Uhm Jung Hwa on a recent episode of “Happy Together,” Yoo Jae Suk told Lee Hyori, ”I want to see you in a variety show, you’re not busy these days so come out!”

Lee Hyori replied, ”I’m busy.” She then added, “I have to find dogs in the neighborhood too.”

Nevertheless, Lee Hyori let out a hint when she said ”Two years have passed and I have a lot to reveal.” She was referring to the upcoming 10 years special episode of the show.

Lee Hyori has been off the screen for two years, and this will mark her first TV appearance since her plagiarism case for her fourth album, “H-Logic.” Lee Hyori also complimented her friend actress Uhm Jung Hwa who was guest-starring on the show. She said, “She is a senior who is easy to be around with” and “She acts cute a little too much,” causing laughter in the studio.

Lee Hyori & Jung Jae Hyung's New Music Show to Air in February

After what seems like an eternity, Lee Hyori is finally ready to return to the small screen and she is making sure she returns with gifts in hand for us music fans. Following news a few days back that Lee Hyori and musicianJung Jae Hyung were going to be involved in a new music program, we have now seen confirmation that SBS will air “Lee Hyori, Jung Jae Hyung’s You And I” starting from February 26.

This won’t be the first time that Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung have hosted a show together as they were the MCs for MBC’s “2011 University Song Festival” program. No specific details about the program have been released besides the fact that it is a music related show. However, by looking at the time slot, you can reasonably presume that this show will be a continuation of SBS’s prior late night music show “Kim Jung Eun’s Chocolate” and will also be similar to KBS’s “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook.”

Personally, it’s great to see SBS make a return to the world of late night music shows. The cancellation of “Kim Jung Eun’s Chocolate” in early 2011 left a very big gap in this genre of program. KBS “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” has done well to at least mitigate its absences, but it doesn’t change the fact that we went from 3 late night music shows, one on each broadcaster, to just one show in the course of two years.

With Music Shows of all types currently suffering from poor ratings, it will be interesting to see what SBS “Lee Hyori, Jung Jae Hyung’s You And I” will do to differentiate itself from the other music shows. The combination of Lee Hyori, who has plenty of prior MC experience, and Jung Jae Hyung, talented musician and the rising star of variety shows, SBS’s new music show could have a decent chance of doing quite well.

So what do you think? Do you think SBS “Lee Hyori, Jung Jae Hyung’s You And I” will usher in a new era of late night music entertainment or will it just be another music program to add to the growing pile of low rating shows?

Guest sugarandhoney

Old photo of Lee Hyori posing with 2NE1′s CL surfaces online

A photo of 2NE1 leader CL taken with singer Lee Hyori has caught the attention of netizens everywhere.

The above photo surfaced on an online community site with the title, ‘Hyori, with her arm around a young CL‘.

The netizen who posted the photo continued to write, “Not sure, but this photo should be around 7 years old. CL looks a little nervous to be standing with Hyori. Cute.”

CL does look much younger in the photo and fans were impressed that Hyori looks like she hasn’t aged a day since the photo was taken. The relationship between the two drew smiles from netizens.

Fans reacted with comments such as, “They have more history than I thought“, “Unlikely duo but they look good together“, and “CL looks like a baby next to Hyori“.

Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea reveals she’s become a vegetarian

Brown Eyed Girls‘ Jea has revealed that she’s become a vegetarian.

On January 26th, she tweeted, “Ah~ I think many of you were surprised by my English skills ^^; I did get better at it, but I actually requested the help of my friend who lives in the States, hehe. I’m embarrassed by all the compliments, hehehe. *Cry* I’m hungry, but I’m a vegetarian whose reality is that pizza is not an option ㅜㅜ .”

As Korea’s most prolific celebrity animal rights activist, singer Lee Hyori expressed her pleasant surprise at Jea’s admission. “Vegetarian?!”, she wrote, to which Jea responded, “I used to not be able to live without meat, but I felt as if my personality was becoming somewhat wild, so I quit meat. Ahem… this is my second week.”

Those who saw the exchange commented, “Hehe, Hyori unni was the first to take notice at the word ‘vegetarian’”, “You’re slender even now, but I guess you’ll become even more slender~”

In related news, the Korean Vegetarian Confederation chose Hyori for the title of ’2011′s Famous Vegetarian Singer’. Hyori is known to have become a vegetarian after she began volunteering at an animal shelter in 2011.

Brown Eyed Girls' Jea Turns Vegetarian

Brown Eyed Girls’ Jea revealed that she has been a vegetarian for two weeks.

On January 26, Jea confidently tweeted, “The reality is that I’m a vegetarian that can’t eat pizza at all.”

When Lee Hyori read about Jea becoming a vegetarian, she replied , “Vegetarian?!” to which Jea answered, “In the past, I couldn’t live without meat. But it made me real grumpy so I decided to quit. *clears throat* It’s been 2 weeks since.”

Lee Hyori who was surprised by the news commented, “Wow, really? Well done. Since I became vegetarian, I heard a lot of good things too. Fighting~~ If there are things you’re curious about, call me.”

Netizens who came across their conversation and who were amazed by their choices said, “From animal lovers to becoming vegetarians, it’s awesome,” and “Beautiful girls become vegetarians.”

Guest sugarandhoney

Lee Hyori to make her comeback this summer

‘Sexy Queen’ Lee Hyori is ready to make a comeback to the music scene this year, and her return could be as early as this summer!

Hyori last held promotions in 2010 with her ‘H-Logic‘ album, which were abruptly concluded after she was entangled in a net of plagiarism accusations. Her music promotions have been sparse since then, aside from a special MV featuring in Spica‘s “Potently“.

On January 31st, a representative of her agency revealed, “Lee Hyori is currently working on her new album and is preparing the songs that will be included in it.”

Hyori has been recording songs as she selects them, and representatives predict a comeback as early as this summer or fall.

She will also be focusing her efforts on MCing for SBS‘s ‘You & I‘ with Jung Jae Hyung.

How Will Hyori’s Relationship with Lee Sang Soon Change Her Musical Style?

Lee Hyori is expected to come back this summer with her first album since “H-Logic,” her fourth album released in 2010. Since turning solo, Hyori has always showcased powerful and sexy dance tracks, earning her the nickname, “Sexy Dance Queen.” But following a two year hiatus, and her 33 year old body, many have been questioning if she’ll be able to continue with that type of music.

In addition, her relationship with former Roller Coaster member Lee Sang Soon last November only added fuel to this claim. Lee Sang Soon is known for being influenced by rock sounds and having a “bohemian” style of music. Since the two have been dating for quite a while now, it was only natural for fans to speculate that he would participate in her upcoming album.

But according to Lee Hyori’s agency, she won’t be making any drastic changes to her style of music. “Lee Hyori and Lee Sang Soon have totally different styles of music. Lee Sang Soon could give her advice on her new album, but there’s no chance she totally changes her music to his style. Lee Hyori knows exactly what the general public wants. She will come back with her original dance style of music,” an official from her agency said.

“But I won’t say Lee Sang Soon won’t have any influence on her music. She might sing a couple bohemian-style songs in the new album,” it added.

“While we record for her new album, it might become a 10-track album or just a 5-6 track special album. Nothing is set in stone yet. The only thing we know is that we will do our best to come out with an album that the fans will be satisfied with,” the official said.

Guest shinhdeplol

Lee Hyori is furious with MBC for reporting false stories

sRaAf.jpg

Singer Lee Hyori has put MBC on blast for reporting false stories about her.

MBC Everyone has been gearing up for the upcoming pilot of their new show, ‘Daebak Code 777′, which will feature a segment called ‘A Day of Star’, where celebrities are followed around for a day to discover the places and stores they frequent.

Lee Hyori was the first celebrity to be featured on this program. According to MBC Everyone’s press release, Hyori went hiking before stopping at a restaurant to eat some kelp kimbap. She then moved onto a brunch restaurant with a gallery, followed by a shopping trip at a jewelry store on a tree-lined street.

After purchasing many articles of clothing and jewelry, Lee Hyori later ate at a restaurant that specializes in dishes with cow intestines. She was also reported to have visited a dermatology clinic to receive a procedure which involved injections that supposedly allows the skin to regenerate, allowing her skin to become as smooth as a baby’s.

Seeing this press release before the airing of the show, Hyori denied the details listed, and vented her frustration on Twitter.

She tweeted, “The places I frequent? Other than the jewelry shop on the tree-lined street, this is the first time I’ve ever heard of these places. Let’s not lure innocent viewers with these… I’ve never even heard of kelp kimbap, I haven’t visited that restaurant that serves cow intestines since a year ago when I stopped eating meat, I’m curious about this brunch place with a gallery, and please tell me the number of the clinic that will return my skin back to a baby’s skin~”

Hyori continued, “Why do they make these things up? Do they receive something [in compensation]?”

Netizens shook their heads in sympathy as they commented, “I can’t believe they were trying to air something that wasn’t even true…”, “If Hyori did not speak up, then people would have gone to visit those places,” and “It seems MBC just makes up whatever they want.”

Source + Photo: Ilgan Sports via Nate

Translated by: CERIDWEN @ KPOPfever

Guest sugarandhoney

You and I BTS:

tumblr_lyzcqamFdK1qg50tio1_500.jpg

Clio:

tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50tio2_500.jpg

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/3/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/4/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/5/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/6/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/1/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/justhyori/16912100291/7/tumblr_lyr82xIOuL1qg50ti

tumblr_lyzcxmftfv1qg50tio1_250.jpg

tumblr_lyzcxmftfv1qg50tio2_400.gif

Lee Hyori's "You and I", First guest on Feb 6th is IU

The details for the first recording of Lee Hyori and Jung Jaehyung’s “You and I” have been released, drawing much attention.

Returning to the TV after a whole 2 years, Lee Hyori will be recording the SBS music programme “You and I” on Feb 6th.

“You and I” will have Lee Hyori and Jung Jaehyung as the MCs and be broadcasted on Sunday nights (something similar to YHY Sketchbook style I think). The first guest on Feb 6th will be IU, who is close to Jung Jaehyung (the guy in the Good Day MV other than oppa, who also composed L’amant). IU will be presenting a variety of stages in concert style and showcasing her charm. Also, the meeting between ‘Sexy queen’ Lee Hyori and the ‘Nation’s little sister’ IU is highly anticipated. Recording will be held at the SBS Production Centre.

Netizens have responded, “Looking forward to this even before the first broadcast”, “It’s the first meeting between IU and Lee Hyori, right?”, “It would be great if she sings the song composed by Jung Jaehyung”.

The first broadcast will be on Feb 26th.

Source: squishyblob @ weheartiu + The Daily Sports

Lee Hyori is furious with MBC for reporting false stories

Singer Lee Hyori has put MBC on blast for reporting false stories about her.

MBC Everyone has been gearing up for the upcoming pilot of their new show, ‘Daebak Code 777′, which will feature a segment called ‘A Day of Star’, where celebrities are followed around for a day to discover the places and stores they frequent.

Lee Hyori was the first celebrity to be featured on this program. According to MBC Everyone’s press release, Hyori went hiking before stopping at a restaurant to eat some kelp kimbap. She then moved onto a brunch restaurant with a gallery, followed by a shopping trip at a jewelry store on a tree-lined street.

After purchasing many articles of clothing and jewelry, Lee Hyori later ate at a restaurant that specializes in dishes with cow intestines. She was also reported to have visited a dermatology clinic to receive a procedure which involved injections that supposedly allows the skin to regenerate, allowing her skin to become as smooth as a baby’s.

Seeing this press release before the airing of the show, Hyori denied the details listed, and vented her frustration on Twitter.

She tweeted, “The places I frequent? Other than the jewelry shop on the tree-lined street, this is the first time I’ve ever heard of these places. Let’s not lure innocent viewers with these… I’ve never even heard of kelp kimbap, I haven’t visited that restaurant that serves cow intestines since a year ago when I stopped eating meat, I’m curious about this brunch place with a gallery, and please tell me the number of the clinic that will return my skin back to a baby’s skin~”

Hyori continued, “Why do they make these things up? Do they receive something [in compensation]?”

Netizens shook their heads in sympathy as they commented, “I can’t believe they were trying to air something that wasn’t even true…”, “If Hyori did not speak up, then people would have gone to visit those places,” and “It seems MBC just makes up whatever they want.”

Hyori Outraged over Korean Media’s False Reporting

On February 3, Lee Hyori left a long message on her fan café after MBC falsely reported on her most frequently visited spots.

She wrote, “I wasn’t aware of most of the places they mentioned. First of all, the production team made the show without any prior consent from us, and I think that’s where the confusion began. I think I have to at least be able to know the name or owner of the store to call it a ‘frequent spot.’”

“The kimbap they mentioned was bought by my close acquaintance once, and the brunch restaurant said they never really saw me. The accessory store is frequented by my stylist, while the chitterlings restaurant saw me over a year ago. The dermatologist, as reported previously, is close with me so I visit every once in a while,” she said.

“Of course, from the shops’ perspective, they would want to advertise themselves as celebrity frequent spots to better promote their shop. I don’t necessarily think that’s bad. It’s actually quite flattering to be treated well,” she continued.

“But I think the press needs to change its way of exaggerating or falsely reporting to make the general public believe it, since celebrities feel very uncomfortable to see their names used without prior consent,” she concluded.

Earlier today, Lee Hyori expressed her discomfort over MBC Every1’s “Daebak Code 777,” after it aired a segment introducing her most frequently visited spots. She tweeted, “My frequent spot?? Except for the jewelry shop, I haven’t heard of any of them. Let’s not allure innocent people with these stuff.”

However, MBC denied her claim, saying, “We did receive prior consent from Lee Hyori’s side before the show and even changed certain parts of the program after reviewing it together. We never produce shows without clear evidence. We’re absolutely sure these shops were visited by Lee Hyori, but she could have felt uncomfortable with the use of the word ‘frequent spots.’ We’ll look more into it.”

In fact, Lee Hyori initially tweeted, “I never heard about tangleweed kimbap. I went to the chitterling restaurant over a year ago, and the gallery brunch place is somewhere I would like to where it is. And please give me the number to the dermatologist that’s supposed to bring back your baby skin~why do they lie about this stuff? Do they get paid?”

But 30 minutes later, she took a step back, saying, “I contacted my people and found out the dermatologist is in fact a place I do frequently visit. Sorry, but why is my skin so old.”

MBC responds to Lee Hyori’s angry tweets about misreporting

MBC Everyone’s new show has come under fire for falsely reporting about the places Lee Hyorifrequents. The network has promised that they will investigate the matter in order to find out what happened.

An insider from MBC Everyone told Star News on February 3rd that, “Before we created this program about the places that Lee Hyori frequents, we obtained consent from her staff. We changed up the story a little with her staff’s agreement.”

The insider continued, “We do not create programs that lack evidence. Lee Hyori did go into these stores, but we can see that she is uncomfortable with them being called stores that she frequents.”

“We will hold further inspections into this matter,” they said.

Unimpressed by MBC’s explanation, Lee Hyori left the following message on her Twitter: “Even if you report false information and deliver a fake interview to the public, it’ll probably get hushed up and go unnoticed. The opponent is huge and powerful.”

Wryly, she continued, “For those reporters who are trying to direct the story in a way to make it seem like this is all due to the rashness of a mere celebrity, your intentions are obvious~ Please go have brunch at the place I apparently frequent, and leave me a mention about whether it’s good or not.”

The controversy came about after Hyori vented her anger on Twitter earlier. The program in question is an upcoming program called ‘Daebak Code 777‘, and it contains a section that follows a celebrity for a day, reporting on where they like to frequent. MBC Everyone mentioned several stores and places that Hyori denied having any knowledge about, or only visited occasionally in the past.

Lee Hyori nervous about returning to television after a 2-year hiatus

Last month we reported that Lee Hyori will MC along side Jung Jae Hyung for a new SBS music program called ‘You & I‘.

Despite her history as a confident MC, on January 5th, Lee Hyori revealed that she was somewhat nervous for the shooting of You & I’s first episode. She wrote on her twitter, “Tomorrow is You & I’s first recording~ I’m kind of shaky and nervous about going back to television after two years.. tonight I plan to eat a box of persimmons and sleep early.. Please pray for me to have good luck~^^“.

Upon seeing her message netizens left encouraging comments such as, “Unni, I’m always rooting for you. Fighting!“ and “I can’t wait to see you back on television“.

‘You & I’s first episode will guest star IU, Lucid Fall and UV. The inaugural episode will air on February 26th.

How many of your are happy to welcome Lee Hyori back to a fixed television program?

Lee Hyo Ri hosts a new music show You And I

On February 5, Lee Hyo Ri, Korea’s popular singer exuding sexy appeal, posted a comment on her Twitter page: “Tomorrow I’ll stand on stage for the first time in two years as an emcee for a music show called You And I. I’m now really excited about meeting you again.”

“Tonight I’ll go to bed after finishing a box of permissions – the same pronunciation as a Korean word referring to witty senses of humor. Wish me a lucky tomorrow!” she added.

Lee was selected as a co-host for a TV music show, You And I, with singer songwriter Jung Jae Hyung. The first episode of You And I features actor IU, Lucid Fall and UV, scheduled to air on February 26.

People who saw the comment left responses: “You should always remember that we’re here for you.” “I hope the box of permissions to be helpful.” “I cannot wait to see you standing on the stage.”

Lee Hyori To Return To The Small Screen After 2 Years

On February 6, singer Lee Hyori posted onto her twitter, “Its almost time for the first recording of “You and I”.. Since it is my first comeback after two years, I feel nervous and excited,” portraying her happiness in returning to the small screen. She continued, “I will eat a box of ‘sense*’ and sleep early. Please wish me luck.” (*Eating a box of ‘sense’ is a play on words. In Korean, the word ‘gam’ means both ‘persimmon’ and ‘sense’ so by saying she will eat a ‘gam’, Lee Hyori really means that she hopes to regain her sense of knowledge on how variety program runs.)

Lee Hyori’s partner Jung Jae Hyung also couldn’t seem to hold in his anxiousness and eagerness for the new show. He updated his twitter on February 5, with the following, “I am so nervous I cannot seem to memorize my lines. Should I just push through like I always do? I will once again only look at you (Lee Hyori).”

Seeing this, Lee Hyori quickly replied, “Oppa, please don’t play around and memorize your lines or tomorrow only you profile may come out again” creating much laughter to both their followers.

Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung will record their first episode of SBS “You and I” as duo MCs. “You and I” is supposed to be a new SBS music program and is expected to start airing later this month.

Are you looking forward to the first episode of “You and I”?

thank you sugarandhoney for the news and pics, I cant wait to see her back on TV

but i would like to see her on variety show better than this music show, since i dont understand korean i find music shows boring

cant wait for her comeback this summer, this summer will be a rocking summer for me

Guest sugarandhoney

You and I (BTS): tumblr_lyzcqamFdK1qg50tio1_500.jpg

Clio: 01 02

Other: 01 02 03

Lee Hyori wants to guest on “Infinity Challenge”?

Singer Lee Hyori has hinted that she’d like to be a guest on ‘Infinity Challenge‘!

On February 7th, PD Kim Tae Ho of ‘Infinity Challenge’ sent Hyori a congratulatory tweet, which read, “Good job on your first recording~! Did your helper Jung Jae Hyung do well??”

Hyori replied, “Because he took some ‘cheongshimhwan’ [calming pills], he was relaxed and did really well. We need to see each other soon. Invite me over”.

In response, the ‘Infinity Challenge’ PD wrote, “He couldn’t sleep for months thinking about that program.. Come over with your puppy, Soonshim~! We will always welcome you.”

Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung are co-MCs for SBS‘s new program, “You and I“, which will premiere its first episode on the 26th.

Will ‘Infinity Challenge’ host a special guest appearance from Lee Hyori soon? Stay tuned for more updates!

Netizens select Lee Hyori as the ‘Marilyn Monroe of Korea’

Singer Lee Hyori has triumphed top stars such as Kim Hae Soo and Han Chae Young to be crowned Korea’s ‘Marilyn Monroe‘.

The movie ‘My Week With Marilyn‘ is scheduled to hit the big screens in Korea towards the end of the month. To bring more awareness to the movie, a survey was recently held on a movie ticketing site asking viewers which sexy Korean star they felt could most effectively channel their inner Marilyn Monroe.

Although Lee Hyori was up against a lot of other talented and attractive contenders, she earned 36% of the votes to be crowned the overall winner.

It was a close race between Lee Hyori and sexy icon Kim Hae Soo, but a netizen who voted for Hyori explained, “Hyori has a rather glamorous figure, and is versatile, she can be mature, sexy, and cute.”

On top of being attractive, Hyori also has a down-to-earth personality and a charming smile which gave her an edge against Kim Hae Soo.

Following Kim Hae Soo was ‘mannequin figure’ Han Chae Young who placed 3rd, and 4minute‘s HyunA who placed 4th.

Meanwhile, the movie ‘My Week With Marilyn’ hits the big screens in Korea on leap day, February 29th.

Lee Hyori Comments on First Filming of "You and I"

Lee Hyori gave her comments upon completion of the first recording of “You and I,” which is SBS’ new music program.

On February 7, Hyori posted on her Twitter, “The first recording of ‘You and I’ has ended. Since it was the first time, it was a bit crazy and all over the place but I want to thank everyone who stayed and cheered on till the end.” She continued to express gratitude toward the guests of the show by saying, “Also, a big thanks to UV,IU and Lucid Fall. You were all great. And Kang Paul, thank you.”

Netizens who came across this said, “I can’t wait till the first episode,” “I’m so excited to see what kind of program it is,” and more.

“You and I” will be emcee-ed by Lee Hyori and Jung Jae Hyung, who is known to be one of her best friends and who is quickly rising as a variety show star. This will be Hyori’s first return to the small screen in two years. The first episode will be aired on February 26.

Lee Hyo Ri donates 100 million won to help senior citizens

Singer Lee Hyo Ri recently donated a hundred million won.

On February 8, The Beautiful Foundation said, “Lee held an event to donate a hundred million won to help poor senior citizens.”

Lee donated the money under the name ‘Hyo Ri Fund.’ The name is from her real name and Chinese. ‘Hyo’ means to be dutiful to elders and ‘Ri’ means service to elders. ‘Hyo Ri Fund’ will be used to help poor elders.

Lee has been in discussion with the foundation about making a foundation since the end of last year. She donated 50 million won to pay heating bills and to buy commodities for elders. She also delivered briquets to elders with her fans on two separate occasions.

Lee also donated 10 million won to the ‘Snail Fund,’ which was created by singer Lee Jeok.

People responded: “Lee is amazing for donating a hundred million won.” “Lee is the best at doing good deeds.” “I’m not surprised that she donated a hundred million won because she is such a nice person.” “I love her for her warm heart.”

Guest ChrisReeves12

You know, I used to really despise Hyori Lee's music, but these days she's improved a lot! It has an individual sound that's just cool, and it doesn't sound like she's trying to be someone else. Her performances, her look, her music, it's all just cool. I don't like everything by her, but most of what I heard I like.

Archived