Miss Universe 2007 Contestants

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest JU1CY5OUL

booyah japan won!!! i was dissapointed they didnt win last year, and what do you know.. they come back with a win. :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest estincelle*

how embarressing for Miss USA to trip, but im glad she played it off well in the end...

and miss korea is 3rd runner up TT__TT she had a lame question, but her answer wasn't even good.

i couldn't believe miss japan won! i honestly thought it would be miss brazil.

but congrats to miss japan for miss universe 2007!

Guest surlespointes

I thought Brazil would win!

I dunno but I'm unhappy that Japan won. She seemed really... aggressive and kind of scary.

:mellow:

Guest MiNwOoZ_sOuLmAtE

miss japan has so much personality and even though her answer wasn't the best, i really like how she presented herself. im so glad she won because out of the five of them, she was the most different. iono how to explain myself but she wasn't afraid to be herself.

i thought it was disrespectful how the audience booed miss usa. it's not her fault she tripped and still managed to get the final five; the judges think she deserves it then the others. i think she's absolutely gorgeous and her answer rocked.

Guest badhairday

I just finished watching the show... totally deserved for Miss Japan. I was rooting for her after her swimsuit walk... she would make an awesome model and spokesperson.

I felt bad for Miss USA... poor girl.

Guest SilenceAngel

I just finished watching it on NBC.

This year show looks a little messy. I noticed a few contestants made a few mistakes as where to walk or when to walk. (Miss India, Miss Venez.)

The audience booed when Miss Mexico did not make it in the TOP 5. Also, they booed when Miss USA was walking to the answer box. (It's very mature of them.)

Miss USA fell, but I'm so proud of her. She kept on walking and smiling. She handled the booing very well. She is very elegant also.

Miss Japan won. She showed a lot of confidence than the other TOP 5 contestants. She has a lot of energy to her.

Guest XhoXho

OH my gosh!!!!!!! Japan won!!! I am sooo excited even if she wasn't the prettiest one, or even as pretty or smart as the LAST one represented from Japan, I'm still excited that she won.

Based on looks alone~*~*personally I think some Japanese models are prettier (the asian women in the mix just did NOT measure up this year...how sad. Pretty, but not beautiful. 'Cept maybe Thailand). Gaaaah I still can't help but think that Japan should have gotten someone better....but I'm still happy~~~*

Not my favorite~~~ but it's exciting that an asian woman finally won! From Japan too~~~~!!

I felt so bad when Miss USA was being booed at....it was such bad form. Sure, I wasn't rooting for her, but I felt bad that she felt such resentment from Mexico.

Tanzania was GORGEOUS....definitely the most striking beauty up there...I wonder why she got cut...hmm...then again there were other gorgeous women that were cut out, so who knows what the judges were looking for~~~*

Japan didn't deserve it. I was rooting for USA or Brazil.

Japan's walk was really exaggerated. Am I the only one that thinks that Japan doesn't look Japanese, but more like Chinese? x.x

When Miss USA was boo'd I felt really bad for her. Shows us how mature the audience is. :ph34r:

@ SillyYun

I thought that too. Miss Korea does remind me of Kim Ah Joong.

Guest SilenceAngel

Japan didn't deserve it. I was rooting for USA or Brazil.

Japan's walk was really exaggerated. Am I the only one that thinks that Japan doesn't look Japanese, but more like Chinese? x.x

When Miss USA was boo'd I felt really bad for her. Shows us how mature the audience is. :ph34r:

I guess you don't know what Japanese looks like then.

Like Vanessa had said in the beginning, the judges look for confidence among other things. Miss Japan did show her enthusiasm.

Guest Vesper

After watching the pageant, my Miss Universe was Miss Brazil. She has a beautiful face, great figure in swimsuit, had a gorgeous gown, and gave a good response for the interview segment. Miss Japan had the least attractive face of the final five but she had a nice figure, unique gown, and gave a strong, confident interview. In the end, it probably went to Miss Japan since a Latina won last year and it was so neck-and-neck with Brazil.

Korea had a beautiful face, nice body, ugly dress (IMO), and awful interview. She really didn't deserve to win over the other girls after her interview. She had everything going for her at that point. I can't believe she scored so well in evening gown, the judges obviously liked her. Plus, she got the KOREAN judge for the final question! He even addressed her by her Korean name, Hanee. She should be proud that she made the top 5 though. Korea hadn't even made the top 15 since 1988.

Congratulations Miss Japan!

Guest j_carissa

Miss USA And Miss Korea, both had a cute dimples....... :D ....

I don't really liked Miss Japan evening gown.......it doesn't looked as glamorous as Miss Korea dress....

Anywaz.........Congratz for Her!!!!

Guest XTINE__

^ I totally agree. Her flapping that damn dress up and down while she walked. I HATED that dress. ugggh. I keep thinking Japan looks like someone.. like a Chinese actress or something? But i can't put my finger on it.. i keep looking at her pic, but i still can't figure out who she resembles.

BOO! i wanted brazil to win. or at least korea.

omg, but when they announced the winner.. well, the first runner-up, they said it so quickly, i didn't even quite have the chance to hear it.. i just knew japan why by the reaction on her face. lol. usually hosts take their time with the 1st runner-up.. to build suspense. haha.

Totally random, but i just thought korea's dimples were super adorable. lol.

Guest clee

I got a phonecall from my cousin and she goes "DID YOU SEE MY AUNT ON TV?" She was so excited and proud to see her own aunt on tv as a translator. Apparently, I forgot that Miss Universe was on tonight.. so I missed the whole show. I didn't see it.

But then I come on soompi and look through the threads to see what other people are writing about Miss Korea and how she did on her interview. So, I finally got a chance to watch a videoclip of the interview to see what all this fuss is about and I'll admit the translation was sort of confusing and choppy. The translator should have given her time to finish what she wanted to say and then translate everything at once towards the end, but she was translating while Miss Korea was talking and even before Miss Korea said everything she wanted to say. Miss Korea gave an honest answer but she mentioned money too much. & as for the other contestants'.. I'm not going to comment. I feel like they said exactly what the judges wanted to hear whether they were sucking up about it or actually being real.

I'm not here to argue with anyone and I'm not here to defend anyone just because of my relation with someone who happens to be part of my family. But what's done is done. I know we're not all satisfy with the interview but they already crowned a Miss Universe 2007. & I know Miss Korea will continue doing her missionary work even if she wasn't crowned Miss Universe 2007. She's getting a lot of support from people and now that she's caught the world's attention.. I'm sure they're going to encourage her to do what she's been doing. I can't also help but mention that the judge that asked Miss Korea her question also happened to be Korean himself. I'm pretty sure he can understand and speak Korean.

Guest suejinners

I just finished watching it on NBC.

This year show looks a little messy. I noticed a few contestants made a few mistakes as where to walk or when to walk. (Miss India, Miss Venez.)

The audience booed when Miss Mexico did not make it in the TOP 5. Also, they booed when Miss USA was walking to the answer box. (It's very mature of them.)

Miss USA fell, but I'm so proud of her. She kept on walking and smiling. She handled the booing very well. She is very elegant also.

^i agree Miss USA did a good job with being so composed smiling throughout even thought they were booing her.

inoticed those mistakes as well

I felt so bad when Miss USA was being booed at....it was such bad form. Sure, I wasn't rooting for her, but I felt bad that she felt such resentment from Mexico.

Tanzania was GORGEOUS....definitely the most striking beauty up there...I wonder why she got cut...hmm...then again there were other gorgeous women that were cut out, so who knows what the judges were looking for~~~*

^ i agree with u also Tanzania was reallly pretty. way prettier on screen than pictures. my family was rooting for her.

im very happy that Korea made up so high.

i found the translator kinda. bleh also.

><;;

im glad she changed her dress also!

and gosh now people can shut up about her being short cause she was the same height to all those other girls standing next to her who looked like they were 6' in pictures. lol i think korea was 5'9 most of the girls were around there and UP Up

i read that Miss korea got a crystal trophy and 1,000 dollars.

Japan winning to me was kind of surprising.. no offense to riyo fans. but CONGRATS

when she was walking during swimsuit i started laughing cause she was sooo overly confident.

her gucci dress looked nice on her but her eye makeup bothered me. her answer was okay also. actually all the answers were kinda bleh to me

congrats to china and the phillipines also ^___^

china looked soo so happy when she recieved her award ^^ her makeup was not flattering though

Guest XTINE__

After watching the pageant, my Miss Universe was Miss Brazil. She has a beautiful face, great figure in swimsuit, had a gorgeous gown, and gave a good response for the interview segment.

Plus, she got the KOREAN judge for the final question! He even addressed her by her Korean name, Hanee.

TOTALLY AGREE! I was rooting for Brazil... her answer for the quesionnare part was good, plus i loved her cute, bubbling personality!! Plus, that dress looked FREAKIN awesome on her!

.. wasn't korea's judge JAPANESE? and i remember him addressing her as "Honey" her english name... didn't he?

Guest XhoXho

I guess you don't know what Japanese looks like then.

Like Vanessa had said in the beginning, the judges look for confidence among other things. Miss Japan did show her enthusiasm.

Actually not all Japanese people look like Miss Japan....some look un-asian or at least they have a bit more distinctive look. For sure the entertainment business prefers to put out asian looking women and not-as-strongly asian looking guys in the movies and dramas. ^^

My mom's family is proof of difference in looks, some look very asian, some have been assumed to be white~~~* Just depends where you're from and stuff. :: shrugs::

I'm not saying Miss Japan didn't look Japanese, I'm just saying that it's true that she does have that typical strong asian look that seems to be popular now-a-days, but isn't common to all Japanese people.

Guest kkam jjak

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

i missed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( i'm so upset that i couldn't watch the show.. POOPIE!!!!! erg i'm so mad at myself for forgetting that the miss universe pageant was tonight... dumb me!

does anyone know if i can get this off of someone's clubbox or something?????

congrats to miss japan!!! although i thought last year's japanese contestant was much prettier

Guest SGWANNABE_x3

All I can say is that I thought this year's miss universe was VERY shocking. Japan overly exaggerated in my opinion (notice I said "in my opinion"), although some ppl say it was enthusiasm. All of the contestants had enthusiasm and I felt so bad for Miss USA, but she got back up and smiled, which was awesome. It was so disrespectful for the audience to BOO. I mean seriously, how immature? Overall, the top 5 were good, but I was very shocked by Japan's win. I'm still shocked.

Archived