Miss Universe 2007 Contestants

Guest GoRgYnA

Guest chibifry

btw what is so wrong about Miss Japan winning..? o_O isnt the fact that an ASIAN won Miss Universe good enough..? o_O arent you being too greedy wanting for more..? I mean its over.. why start bashing..? nothing will be done besides wasting your energy and breath..

I believe there are several reasons as to why there is a bit of discontent among the audience in regards to the winning of Miss Japan.

Some people do not think of it as categories such as white, hispanic, asian, black etc.

These ladies represent their own individual countries, not a general race.

I dont think anyone is expecting change in results.

It is natural for people to discuss and analyze situations.. the causes and the effects and what may potentially occur in the future.

This year certainly is a bit more controversial, due to reasons such as usa/mexico politics, effects of last year's misfortune of miss japan not winning, etc.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kyungJ

ah...I'm disappointed that Honey Lee didn't win and particularly upset about the translator issue... even if the answer from Honey wasn't what people would say great, the translator didn't do so well in doing her job. blah.

Guest SilenceAngel

I know most of you want Korea to win, but there is always next year right? Like someone had said above, be happy that someone from Asia won. Even though I'm not Japanese, I'm happy that someone from my region won. Come on you guys, be happy for MIss Japan. Last year, Kimura should have won but she didn't. This year, fate is making up for it.

Miss USA is a winner already. She is living in the Trump Tower with drivers taking her everywhere she needed to go. One title is enough :)

Guest Chiperaholic

Yeah she might have fell. But didn't she also not let that get to her. She got right back up and carried herself well after that. She could have sat on the floor crying that she fell, but she didn't.

Ethnicity shouldn't matter. Why should we all vote for an Asian? Just because we're Asian? If that were to happen, then this would be a competition for ethnicity, not miss universe.

WORD!!!! You tell them, girlfriend!

Just because you're Asian...doesn't mean you should go for an Asian candidate.

Guest ganners

I know most of you want Korea to win, but there is always next year right? Like someone had said above, be happy that someone from Asia won. Come on you guys, be happy for MIss Japan. Last year, Kimura should have won but she didn't. This year, fate is making up for it.
xD I get your point, really. Because I'm not asian but whenever an asian gets something I spazz as much as you could but the point is that she was mediocre :/ and even so I'm happy for her and unhappy for the delegates who really DELIVERED in this competition.

In that case, Korea deserved it too and we all know that.

I'm not trying to outshing her winning, just to point out why so many people are this dissapointed.

LOL! reading all these comments ;]i love it haha i agree with many of you ethnicity should not count ;] cuz i myself a korean thought that VENZUELA was sooo GORGEOUS ;] haha she reminded me of Catherine Zeta Jones? i donno i think she's awesomely HOT hahaha but yeah Japan won but i think she deserved it cuz manq her personality won it all that's what i think...my mom even said Miss Japan wasn't the Prettiest there but what she said counted so much ;] but i'm so heart broken that Miss Korea did not win...sigh i thought she would be the FIRST MISS KOREA UNIVERSE omg lol only if she won that would of MADE MY DAY ;] haha but its all goood lets root for NEXT YEAR!!! ;]

riyowinkt7.jpg

*her nose isn't flattering.

NEW MISS UNIVERSE Wearing the Mikimoto crown, Riyo Mori, Miss Japan 2007, Miss Universe 2007, reacts after winning her title at the conclusion of the LIVE NBC broadcast of the 56th annual Miss Universe competition from the Auditorio Nacional on May 28th, 2007 in Mexico City, Mexico. She will spend her year-long reign making special appearances on behalf of the Miss Universe Organization, its sponsors and affiliated charities. ho/Miss Universe L.P., LLLP

GB

Guest goodvibrations

i'm sad greece didnt get too far TT

but her picture was beautiful ^^

omg Greece was beyond gorgeous in her official headshots.

As were a lot of the other girls who weren't given a chance to shine (lawl they were just strutting their stuff behind those display cases).

So. I did not like Riyo's answer to her question. She seems very passionate about dancing (which I heard over and over in her answer), but missed out on the more well-rounded possibilities of being a Miss Universe. I'm sure Kurara is very proud of her.

Guest kiralz0mg

WORD!!!! You tell them, girlfriend!

Just because you're Asian...doesn't mean you should go for an Asian candidate.

then what was the whole point of wanting Honey Lee to win..? o_O well yeah i understand some people on this forum is Korean and you guys obviously have korean pride but like isnt that the same thing..? o_O And besides just because this is a Korean based forum doesnt really mean that you know.. automatic patrioticism for Korea.. o_O

Guest lovelyvietgirl

i feel bad for miss indonesian, phillipine, and thailand even they are more prettier than japan..

Let's all keep in mind that Korea didn't even really answer the question. Flying, morphing, invisibility, I don't know, whatever X-men power you wanna pick, pick something that's actually a superpower, not just a concept. Instead, she went for, "I'd have a superpower that would put all my efforts and resources into missionary work." Noble answer, sure, but it's so vague and it doesn't answer the question. If she'd said something cheesy like, "I'd like to have the power to magically teleport from place to place so that I could carry out mission work, which is very important to me," then even THAT would have been a clear, concise, direct answer to the question and a better structure to her answer all around. She just didn't quite hit it where she needed to. Adding the "wallet that never dries up" didn't help either.

Brazil's answer was cookies. The question begged for it, but there was nothing special about her answer. Heart vs. mind, of course the easy way out of that one is to say BOTH. She played it safe, which is smart, but unimpressive, and obviously the judges saw right through it. It's a "good enough" answer, not a great one. I'm not saying it has no value, I mean, I think we can all agree that living life with a balance of both heart and mind is ideal, but the answer itself has a kind of "Duh" blandness to it.

Now. Japan, putting aside her skirt flipping and over-spunkiness for a second, fully deserved that crown based on her answer. "What lesson did you learn as a child that you still value today?" Or something like that. And she said, "I've been dancing since I was young, I was in an atmosphere with a lot of other students and teachers, and I learned patience, respect, cooperation," etc. That is a beautiful answer. First of all, it's a DIRECT answer to the question, and second, it's genuine, smart, and good god, patience, respect, and cooperation sound like pretty damn good traits to me. She hit the nail on the head with her answer, and that's why she deserved to win. I'm glad she did.

Guest cystaltears

Oh, shut up. 99% of people in here think she didn't deserve the title. What do you expect us to do? "JAPAN IS SOO WELL DESERVED?" I think NOT

wow..that's really juvenile.... i have no favorites because i didnt even watch the contest..but reading that comment made me laugh... u've got that adrenaline pumping there..LOL

btw wat was the stupid question that dave asked?

Guest Chiperaholic

then what was the whole point of wanting Honey Lee to win..? o_O well yeah i understand some people on this forum is Korean and you guys obviously have korean pride but like isnt that the same thing..? o_O And besides just because this is a Korean based forum doesnt really mean that you know.. automatic patrioticism for Korea.. o_O

Excuse me...but I WAS NEVER rooting for Korea to win the title. I personally think ethnicity shouldn't be a major factor.

wow..that's really juvenile.... i have no favorites because i didnt even watch the contest..but reading that comment made me laugh... u've got that adrenaline pumping there..LOL

btw wat was the stupid question that dave asked?

Firstly, no one really bashed Japan. Yeah, major pumping on too :rolleyes:

Guest lovelyvietgirl

Excuse me...but I WAS NEVER rooting for Korea to win the title. I personally think ethnicity shouldn't be a major factor.

Firstly, no one really bashed Japan. Yeah, major pumping on too :rolleyes:

but yeah u could have said it in a nicer way instead of telling her to 'shut up'... :blink:

btw i don't really find much koreans attractive, but at least miss korea this yr was pretty and much prettier than japan...

but she wasn't my favorite. I still pick her over japan..

Guest ganners

I'm not Korean nor Japanese nor asian ~_~ I was rooting for both Miss Japan and Miss Korea. And I preffered miss Korea because she seemed so beautiful to me and sweet, I thought she was a strong candidate, okay?

But I felt that Japan was a turn off whenever she exagerrated her moves in her walking. She isn't that pretty either AND HEY I like her! BUUUUUT, Her answer wasn't that impressive either... I'm not going to blame her, I think she palyed safe but ALL the question sucked big time.

That's why I'm not rooting someone who was mediocre on her performance overall. Okay? This is a beauty peagent and yes. Personality and speech is VERY important but she wasn't the best ):

If you read each reply it doesn't say "Japan shouldn't won, Korea should have" :/ ... people has stated already that they are dissapointed with Koreas answer :// So, therefore she didn't deliever either.

Guest Chiperaholic

but yeah u could have said it in a nicer way instead of telling her to 'shut up'... :blink:

btw i don't really find much koreans attractive, but at least miss korea this yr was pretty and much prettier than japan...

but she wasn't my favorite. I still pick her over japan..

Why would I want to do that?

Perhaps...my bad for not being soo nice? :blink:

But what does it have do with me not being soo nice?

Guest miss sweetie

there other ethnicities on soompi here as well.

someone did a poll ages ago, and turns out that the population here is chinese.

i didn't root for korea. actually i didnt root for anyone really.

but in your response/post, you basically said that why are we complaing that an asian won, and arent we satisfied.

i'm not sure about others, but you gave me the impression that we should be happy with the results since the winner is asian.

and that's not the whole point in this competition.

Guest Chiperaholic

Did anyone notice how ugly the arrangement of roses? I was thinking, did she win the Kentucky Derby. It looks like flowers you give to the horse when they win

^ok your comment is really pissing me off - -;; i mean i think enough peeps in this forum just said it's not about ETHNICITY OR PRIDE DUDE...um i'm korean and i was rooting for VENZUELA ok? does that sound like AZN to you?! and is it not true that HONEY LEE WAS F'in GORGEOUS?! i think she was muy caliente ok? get over it sheesh kp haha so what if we have KP are you gonna like kill us? sorry i know i'm like pissing you off tooz but before you post up something like that think of all the comebacks pple like me will have xP so lets all just be happy (even if you think others should of won the title) that miss japan is MISS UNIVERSE 2007 ;]

Archived