RONDO 輪舞曲 (drama)

Guest dadedum

Guest batti

first of all, welcome to RONDO thread batti :D

yeah,there is some unfinished business in this drama, perhaps it left open ended like that, for RONDO 2 or a movie and yeah, the acting were great even for the supporting casts.

as why jiwoo cried too much in the series, you have to watch it again for the second time,

as I mentioned earlier, this story cannot be fully comprehend if we just watch it for the first time, only during the third time watching this drama, I fully understood the underlying meaning between each scenes.

thanks BB for further clarification

well, actually i already watched the series 3 times. Its not i dunt understand the story. just that sometimes i think she dunt have to cry. she suppose to be tougher than that..

CJW is beautiful but sometime she look her age.. anyway i still think she is a very good actress.

I realized that many or the supporting cast used to be CJW 's supporting. like Yunee(Beautiful days), that korean police-forget his name(Stairways to Heaven) and even that auntie from her hometown(her mom in winter sonata). It is coincidence or what.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gracew

jas,

Thanks for keeping this thread very much alive. I visit here often too and have read all your 'interpretation' of scenes so far. I've watched it twice without subs for the last few eps....you helped in tying up those loose ends...etc.

I'll watch it again soon with those latest Eng subs again.

well, actually i already watched the series 3 times. Its not i dunt understand the story. just that sometimes i think she dunt have to cry. she suppose to be tougher than that..

CJW is beautiful but sometime she look her age.. anyway i still think she is a very good actress.

I realized that many or the supporting cast used to be CJW 's supporting. like Yunee(Beautiful days), that korean police-forget his name(Stairways to Heaven) and even that auntie from her hometown(her mom in winter sonata). It is coincidence or what.

haha, yeah, sometimes, different person, different reaction even though they response to the same thing,

maybe the script or the PD required her to cry or we can always hope that she will be tougher in her next film or drama, will we? :)

she does look her age, she can't forever be young, isn't it?, but she still maintain her beauty :D

Yunee is her sister Senna in BD (Lee Jung Hyun), Young Jae is her step brother (Tae Hwa) in STH (SHin Hyun June) and the aunt from her hometown is Kim Hae Sook who happen to be her mum in WS.

Maybe jiwoo feels comfortable to be able to act with the people that she had known for years, she and LJH is good friends, the same goes with SHJ, as for her mum that appear in RONDO, it is upon CJW request that she agreed to be guest star in RONDO even though she may have other commitment and jiwoo also called her mum outside filming, so it shows how close they are.

Hope that answer your curiosity. :D

gracew, you're welcome. It is my pleasure to help as much as I could :D

Guest gracew

gracew, you are from Malaysia right? becoz I bought the DVD from KL, there is English subtitle in RONDO DVD sold at S & M plaza.

jas,

Thanks ! Yes, I'm from Malaysia. Felicia bought a set of DVD and I think 2 sets of VCDs.....didn't take it from her...i think she's reserved for someone else, not from M'sia. She bought them from Berjaya Times Square. S & M Plaza....a bit difficult for us to get there...parking problems..BTW...lots of shops all over the place now sell it by now.

I've decided not to watch the one available locally as she says the Eng subs are 'so so' only....you know after watching Ep 1 to 8 with good Eng subs. I'll still wait awhile....no problems.

How's your the quality of subs from your DVD ?

Guest nadrika

Thanks again jas and all who answered the questions that others have posted here. Really appreciate it. :) Also thanks Felicia for posting the translation for I Believe and Sayonara. But you missed out the two lines, in blue, in Sayonara, which by the way is my favourite part of the song. :P I got these from a youtube karaoke video of Sayonara – Rui.

sayonara sayonara

goodbye so long

sayonara iu no wa, nido to nagasanai namida dake

those two words of goodbye only brings tears which I cannot show

fureau mirai o shinjite iru kara

hand in hand we believe in the future

ai wa daremo, mihanasanai kara

because no one can give up love

munashisa ni, nagasarete ikanai de

the flowing emptiness is forbidding

And to the people living in Malaysia (there’s quite a few of you right?) please share all info that you have regarding Rondo vcd with Eng subs and also its quality. Its very difficult to find Japanese drama vcd here in Singapore. :angry: When I do manage to find Japanese drama vcds, they almost always come with Chinese subtitles, which I can’t read. :(

Also is the Rondo OST out in Malaysia? I have given up hope of finding the OST here. <_<

Where is a good place to get Japanese drama vcds in JB or KL? I want to get most of YT’s dramas. Is there a place where they sell the old (mid-late 90’s) and recent (2000 onwards) dramas? I would prefer it to be in Jap with Eng subs. Otherwise Jap with Malay subs will do too. Any info would be much appreciated.

The local tv have not been showing much Jap dramas ever since the Korean wave hit our shores. (No offence to Korean drama lovers) The last drama I saw that has YT in it was Shotgun Marriage in 2002, I think. :o When I checked DramaWiki on YT, I realized that there’s quite a number of interesting dramas that I have missed. :tears:

Sorry for the ranting here cos watching Rondo after almost 5 years of not seeing YT’s dramas has made me want to find those other dramas of the one and only Japanese actor I like. :wub:

Guest meei29

Thanks again jas and all who answered the questions that others have posted here. Really appreciate it. :) Also thanks Felicia for posting the translation for I Believe and Sayonara. But you missed out the two lines, in blue, in Sayonara, which by the way is my favourite part of the song. :P I got these from a youtube karaoke video of Sayonara – Rui.

sayonara sayonara

goodbye so long

sayonara iu no wa, nido to nagasanai namida dake

those two words of goodbye only brings tears which I cannot show

fureau mirai o shinjite iru kara

hand in hand we believe in the future

ai wa daremo, mihanasanai kara

because no one can give up love

munashisa ni, nagasarete ikanai de

the flowing emptiness is forbidding

And to the people living in Malaysia (there’s quite a few of you right?) please share all info that you have regarding Rondo vcd with Eng subs and also its quality. Its very difficult to find Japanese drama vcd here in Singapore. :angry: When I do manage to find Japanese drama vcds, they almost always come with Chinese subtitles, which I can’t read. :(

Also is the Rondo OST out in Malaysia? I have given up hope of finding the OST here. <_<

Where is a good place to get Japanese drama vcds in JB or KL? I want to get most of YT’s dramas. Is there a place where they sell the old (mid-late 90’s) and recent (2000 onwards) dramas? I would prefer it to be in Jap with Eng subs. Otherwise Jap with Malay subs will do too. Any info would be much appreciated.

The local tv have not been showing much Jap dramas ever since the Korean wave hit our shores. (No offence to Korean drama lovers) The last drama I saw that has YT in it was Shotgun Marriage in 2002, I think. :o When I checked DramaWiki on YT, I realized that there’s quite a number of interesting dramas that I have missed. :tears:

Sorry for the ranting here cos watching Rondo after almost 5 years of not seeing YT’s dramas has made me want to find those other dramas of the one and only Japanese actor I like. :wub:

Hello Nadrika

I am from KL. To answer your questions :

1) I usually sourced K or J dramas from S & M in KL. The S & M Shopping Center is located opposite the main entrance of Chinatown, next to Kota Raya Shopping Mall. These are all within Central Market or Pudu Raya vicinity. Address is S & M Shopping Center, Lower Ground Floor, No 110-115 Jalan Cheng Lock, KL. The is another single large outlet at 31, Jalan Petaling (Chinatown), KL coz I understand those VCD stores within S & M may be moving out for renovation this month end.

2) Rondo OST is still not available

3) YT drama with Bahasa Malaysia subtitles available at S & M are Rondo, Proof of Man, Shotgun Marriage, Ideal Marraige/Wedding Story, With Love, Beach Boys, Long Vacation, Psycho Doctor, Merry Xmas in Summer, Ice World, Toshie & Matsu (YT is only in Spring and Summer VCDs out of the 4 seasons parts)

4) In Chinese subtitles are Ruri no Shima, Brother of the Last Emperor/China's Last Princess, The Last Song, Hoshi no Kinka (Heaven's Coin) Part 1 and 2, Drop out teacher returns to school

5) Calmi Couri Appasionati (2001) - I have seen YT's only movie available at Speedy Video store

6) Rondo DVD quality is good but subtitles are not consistent. I think there are at least 3 translators for different portions of the dramas.

However, these VCDs often goes out of stock. Hope the above info is of help to you.

yeah, wonder why Singapore has lessen the Japanese drama? but sure hope RONDO will be telecasts in Singapore just like the time when I watch Hoshi no Kinka in 1996/1997 if I am not mistaken (still searching for DVD with english subtitles for this dramas)

Guest nadrika

Thank you very much meei29 for the detailed info! :D

I noticed that shows that have only chinese subtitles are from NTV. The rest of the other stations come in both BM and chinese. The exception to the previous two statements are Psycho Doctor (NTV) with BM subs and Dropout Teacher Returns to School (TBS) in Chinese sub only.

A JB vcd shop owner told me that at Holiday Inn Plaza in JB, theres a wide selection of Jap drama. Can someone verify this info? And is there any other place in JB that I can go to? Thanks.

yeah, wonder why Singapore has lessen the Japanese drama? but sure hope RONDO will be telecasts in Singapore just like the time when I watch Hoshi no Kinka in 1996/1997 if I am not mistaken (still searching for DVD with english subtitles for this dramas)

yeah im also wondering why. At that time when they were not many Jap drama shown, I was busy with school so wasn't that affected. I also hope that Rondo will be shown here in Singapore even though I've watched it on vcd.

Funny you mentioned Heaven's Coins. Cos I just watched the Heaven's Coins Special over the weekend. I had to search through my videotapes to find it. That was my first Jap drama and I still think its the best. :)

When I was recording the Special years ago, I was not happy cos there were not much new scenes. But watching it now, I really appreciate the excerpts from Heaven's Coins 1 & 2. Made me reminisce about the drama. The best scene for me was the exchange Aya had with Shuichi (in HC 1) and Takumi (in HC 2) at the airport when she was leaving for Hokkaido. :tears: Because it was a special, everything was concise and short such that I almost cried but didn't. I also liked the scene where Takumi realised that Aya still loves Shuichi and that was the reason why Aya cried previously when the ring Takumi bought for her couldn't fit. When he questioned Aya with tears in his eyes, he said, "Until I saw your tears, I believed you" :tears: Missed his crying scenes. They were great. He was laughing and crying at the same time when talking to Aya at the airport in HC2. Loved that scene so much. :)

yeah, heavens coin is one classical Japanese drama which also stars Yutaka, I think it is among the earlier work of Yutaka but he already gives a superb performance there, and from here, his popularity in Japan continue to soar and he continue to gives his best performance including RONDO

Guest ovette

really? i watched a bit of heavens coin but didnt notice him. but in rondo he's so handsome and good haha!

really? i watched a bit of heavens coin but didnt notice him. but in rondo he's so handsome and good haha!

Yutaka acted as Takumi (younger brother of Shuichi) who also fallen in love with Aya (Noriko Sakai), whose has no confidence to be a doctor, but he really has his own way when dealing with children.

funny, in Heaven's coin, his name is Takumi, in RONDO also, Yutaka act as Takumi :D

hye....

anybody can give me the lyrics for Sayonara song by Lee Seung Chul????

credit to felicia soh

SAYONARA by LSC

Yu-me mi-te i-ru no wa ko-go-e-ta yu-bi-sa-ki

In a dream, finger tips frozen

O-na-ji a-sa wa fu-ta-ri ni wa ma-da to-do-ka-na-i

The two of us woke up to a different mornings

Ki-no-u no do-ko-ka ni no-ko-shi-te ki-ta mo-no

Leave those things in the place of yesterday

Ko-ko-ro da-ke ga me-za-me-na-i so-ra ni i-ma sa-ga-shi-te i-ru

Now that you have searched under this heartless sky

Sa-yo-na-ra, sa-yo-na-ra

Goodbye, so long

Sa-yo-na-ra i-u no wa ni-do to-me-gu-ra-na-i ka-na-shi-mi ni

In sorrow, I say to you the words “goodbye” twice

Hi-ka-ri o shi-ra-na-i ka-ge na-do na-i ka-ra

Because of shadows and things, I do not know of light

A-i no ta-me ni de-ki-ru ko-to ga a-ru

For love, anything is possible

Na-ran-de mi-e-te mo ha-na-re-ta ho-shi-ta-chi

If I could see the stars leaving

To-ki wa do-ko e so-re-zo-re no mi-chi o i-ma ki-e-te i-ru

As time passes, each road fades away

Sa-yo-na-ra, sa-yo-na-ra

Goodbye, so long

Sa-yo-na-ra i-u no wa ni-do to na-ga-sa-na-i na-mi-da da-ke

Those two words of goodbye only bring tears which I cannot show

Fu-re-a-u mi-ra-i o shin-ji-te i-ru ka-ra

Hand in hand, we believe in the future

A-i no ta-me ni de-ki-ru ko-to ga a-ru

For love, anything is possible

BTW, welcome to RONDO thread fidda868

Guest JoO-Nee9o9

LMAO! Shin HyunJoon and Choi Jiwoo will be in another drama together!! This is hilarious!!

Guest apple red

LMAO! Shin HyunJoon and Choi Jiwoo will be in another drama together!! This is hilarious!!

what do you mean ???

RONDO made early of 2006..and still there's no news about Jiwoo next project..

Guest ovette

haha that was kewl.. its lyk they cant think of other name that suits yutaka than takumi hehe! um.. who's shin hyunjoon?

Guest nadrika

haha that was kewl.. its lyk they cant think of other name that suits yutaka than takumi hehe! um.. who's shin hyunjoon?

Hehe. To me the name Takumi is synonymous with Takenouchi. Cos I didn't know his real name until much later. So after watching Heaven's Coins, whenever I see him on tv I'll go "Takumi, Takumi". :P None of his other character names are stuck in my mind the way the name Takumi does. I remember that one of the characters in Shotgun Marriage is called Takumi and I thought "can't they use another name?" Also the movie Initial D has this character called Takumi played by Jay Chou, I think. I know this is silly but my reaction was like "that's YT's name how can they use it". <_< Having said that, I find that the name Sho suits YT really well in Rondo. Its short, sweet and cool.

Shin Hyun Joon is Young Jae the Korean guy in Shienku.

Archived