[movie 2007] Venus And Mars 싸움

Guest Soy

Kim Tae Hee, Seol Gyung Gu
Title: 싸움 Ssawoom (Quarrel) aka The Fight aka Venus and Mars

Lead Actress: Kim Tae Hee 김태희 (Namoo Actors 나무액터스) as Jinah 진아 (28)

Lead Actor: Seol Gyeong Gu 설경구 (Monstar Entertainment 몬스타 엔터테인먼트) as Sang Min 상민 (34)

Director: Han Ji Seung 한지승

Music Director: Noh Young Shim 노영심

Genre: Hard-boiled romantic love comedy

Expected to Open: 2007-12-13

Investment: Cinema Service 시네마서비스

Production: Cinema Service & Sang Sang Film 상상필름 (under Yellow Entertainment 옐로우엔터테인먼트)

In the movie 'Ssawoom', the married couple enters into a period of languor/weariness and cannot cancel out the mutual dissatisfied feelings towards each other during married life, even reaching body fights in the process that is drawn as a 'Hard boiled romantic comedy thing'. Kim Tae Hee takes charge of the role of 28 year old glass artist Jinah. Seol Gyeong Gu appears as the husband Sang Min who is 6 years older. The acting is a pressurising competition between the married couple which is not inferior to that in two Hollywood movies 'The War of The Roses' and 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith'.

fight_main03.jpg

Links :

http://ssawoom.blogspot.com/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dudeman

It definitely is a crime to not know Seol Gyung Gu, as he is reportedly within the same high echelon of actors as Choi Min Shik and Song Kang Ho.

And in case you don't know who THOSE two are, do Oldboy and Host ring a bell?

But yeah, this guy's really awesome. I first saw him in Silmido, and I was especially impressed by his performance. And to see him with Kim Tae Hee, whom I fall head over heels for, in the same movie, is quite a serious treat.

• 3 months later...

according to Syah over at the KTH thread, the movie should wrap up filming in August and should be released around Dec. so watch out for it :)

wow! sis soy, thanks for creating this thread! :) now we have to wait for 4 to 5 months! :lol:

haha indeed sis, but hey lol hopefully she'll pull through with some cyons for the time being. gosh i miss seeing this girl.

lol.... those new pics making me excited too! :w00t:

KTH's hair and casual dressing, just the whole outlook is so appealing to me :D

and wonder whether the wife contributed to the husband being on crutches???? :P

the wife looks unconcerned hehe, can't wait to see what happens in the movie.

lol.... those new pics making me excited too! :w00t:

KTH's hair and casual dressing, just the whole outlook is so appealing to me :D

and wonder whether the wife contributed to the husband being on crutches???? :P

the wife looks unconcerned hehe, can't wait to see what happens in the movie.

haha same with me, when beary first posted up the pics, i was wondering if kim tae hee's character was the cause for his crutches. Already this movie looks quite interesting, and i really like both their facial expressions in the pictures :)

god the main guy is not hot at all..where are all the hot actors? jo in sung?? Won bin??

haha but the thing is for this role, i dont think her husband should be overly hot, but more or less talented, haha it makes more sense, i mean they're suppose to be an ordinary couple. i dont mind the pairing, as long as the chemistry is there on screen. and plus he has such a long filmography and so much talent that i dont mind him being lead.

ahh maybe i shall repost his filmography here. after all there's no rule which says only HOT actors can act right? :P

i still remember suejinners posted on the KTH thread that he may not be the really HOT HOT material but his acting will get to you. and i've seen a couple of his works and how can i not agree. he never fails to deliver.

and as dudeman has sorta mentioned above, he is VERY well respected in the movie industry, he's even already casted in his next movie role to reprise one of his most memorable roles to date (Public Enemy). as a KTH fan, i find it an honor that we can get the chance to catch her in this movie with such a good actor.

in any case, if i'm not wrong, he has only acted in 1 romantic comedy type movie before this. I Wish I Had A Wife frm 2001 starring with another wonderful actress, Jeon Do Yeon. if anyone wants to try watching him in that, it can be watched here but you need to register first to be able to watch. he looks quite goody goody with glasses in here.

frm the pics of Ssawoom we have seen, actually i prefer his look in I Wish I Had A Wife & Voice Of Murderer (2007) more hehe but maybe i need to watch the movie first before i can say for sure.

since KTH has selected this role, let's find out more abt the man tht plays her 'professor husband'.

here's his Complete filmography thus far:

Voice of Murderer (2007)

Cruel Winter Blues (2006)

Lost in Love (2006)

Another Public Enemy (2005)

Rikidozan (2004)

Silmido (2003)

Jail Breakers (2002)

Oasis (2002)

Public Enemy (2002)

I Wish I Had a Wife (2001)

The Legend of Ginkgo (2000)

Peppermint Candy (2000)

Rainbow Trout (1999)

The Bird That Stops in Air (1999)

Phantom the Submarine (1999)

Girls' Night Out (1998)

Love Story (1996)

A Petal (1996)

and a write-up from www.koreanfilm.org (which btw only has the huge movie stars listed under their Actors/Actresses)

sulkg2.jpg

Sol Kyung-gu (b. May 1, 1968) studied at Hanyang University Department of Film and Theater, and upon graduation appeared in numerous theatrical productions. In the mid-1990s he began taking on minor roles in feature films, but it was not until 1999 that he made his breakthrough with major roles in The Bird That Stops in the Air, Rainbow Trout, and above all else, Peppermint Candy. The critical acclaim and larger-than-expected popular appeal of this film instantly transformed Sol into one of the most respected young actors in Korea.

After the rather heavy-themed work of his early career, Sol then appeared in a mix of genre movies and more serious work. He starring in the romantic comedy I Wish I Had a Wife with Jeon Do-yeon in 2001, and then acted in a Japanese TV drama produced by NHK.

The year 2002 was huge for Sol, starring in three major films which effectively made him into one of the most popular actors in Korea. As a violent police detective in Public Enemy he won both local acting awards and many new fans as the film drew close to 3 million viewers. In August, he starred in Lee Chang-dong's highly acclaimed third film Oasis, which won the Best Director Award at the Venice Film Festival, and which won him yet more acting awards in Korea. Finally in November, he acted together with Cha Seung-won in the smash hit Jail Breakers by popular director Kim Sang-jin.

Sol continued his hot streak in 2003 when he starred in Silmido directed by Cinema Service founder Kang Woo-suk, which became the first Korean film in history to gross 10 million admissions. His next role was as the title character in Rikidozan, about the legendary ethnic Korean pro wrestler who became a national hero in Japan in the 1950s. Sol gained 20kg for the role and also delivered 95% of his lines in Japanese. Despite winning great praise for his performance, however, the film vastly underperformed on its local release.

In 2005, Sol starred in the sequel to Public Enemy, which ended up outgrossing the original, and also signed on to star in a melodramatic love story together with Song Yoon-ah (Lost in Love).

(note: after tht he went on to do Cruel Winter Blues in 2006 which didn't do tht well but received good reviews on the acting etc, and most recently, the hit February 2007 movie Voice of Murderer based on a true unsolved kidnapping case)

let's hope with the combi of the popular romantic comedy genre + the director + the cast (although an unlikely matched couple) + SGG's successful track record etc etc, this movie would be of a good quality and KTH can get as much working on it as she did for The Restless.

Guest winksassy

^wow thanks for all the information :)

i personally don't know him and have not seen any of his movie

thanks again

I'm excited, the plot is interesting he is in clutch maybe because KTH beat him haha :lol: ( mr. & mrs. smith )

Guest istatowin

^ i hope we can get more infos and goodies for this movie! :)

so excited to see it! KTH can never be an ordinary beauty :lol:

Guest fivemagic

Thanks everyone for all the updates and infos........I miss Tae Hee and I am looking forward to this movie. The 'husband' is kinda old for her but I guess he's alright.

I have never seen him before so this might be interesting to see how their on-screen chemistry will be like. Seems our angel Tae Hee never aged.........she's always so beautiful!

Archived