Park Min Young 박민영 [ Amazon No.1 Hit Drama "Marry My Husband" 2024, Fanmeeting in Manila May 12th ]

OksanaSiytra

Hello everyone! It's been ages since the last time I posted in this thread!

I just found out that Lee Jun Ki's Candy turned out to be none other than our Min Young! I've been wanting to see them together and it finally materialized :wub: Does anyone know if the subbed version is already out? 

• Like 2

Been searching around, no such luck for subbed version of the whole episode. Other people couldn't find it either. But I did find short clips here and there with English subs.

cr: owner

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRnhN6dAy10/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRnsaGEBenF/

Thanks to the LJG international fan club!

First part subbed here:

• Like 2

Hello to @OksanaS @minwookie @lyn_lyn how are you guys? it's been a long time since minyoungsie end her last korean drama after that she went to china and film there, for me, it wasn't the same when she work in korea coz we can easily watch her. I was waiting waiting and waiting for her two project that she did but still nothing. But then,by lurking I saw she will be in my ears candy. Before i was wondering why is the title of the show is my ears candy. I have so many question but i read in another thread and forum they will not ship them and i was wondering what happen with the last one that has been shipping. And why did pmy accept this kind of program, isn't this is like a matchmaking show.? i hope its ok!

• Like 3

Hello @swcheeks!!!

The variety show My Ear's Candy is basically:

"The new program has celebrities create bonds with strangers through conversations on the phone. The celebrities will reportedly create friendships with the strangers by revealing their inner secrets, dreams and worries"

(credit MEC forum).

It's not a matchmaking variety show. Just celebrities bonding on the phone without knowing who the other person is. Sometimes it better to talk and share something with compete stranger than somebody you know. That kind of thing.

There are strong shippers of Ji Chang Wook with MY, and Lee Joon Gi with IU from their respecting dramas that it's difficult to sway away from those ships. My Ear's Candy will last only about 4-5 episodes, very short with no physical interaction, except when they meet each other,  that is IF they meet each other in the end. I hope they do, with just their talk on the phone, I can feel the chemistry exploding everywhere! Now just imagine they have a drama together. Then I'm sure there will be people shipping them.

Some highlight from today's episodes (credit to owner)

• Like 6

Identity Of Lee Joon Gi’s Mystery Partner Is Revealed On “My Ear’s Candy”

Lee Joon Gi

The secret identity of Lee Joon Gi’s “candy” on tvN’s “My Ear’s Candy” has been revealed!

The episode that aired on March 18 showed Lee Joon Gi in Florence, Italy as he went grocery shopping for dinner ingredients.

“Red ginseng” Lee Joon Gi had a sweet conversation with “Bunny Bunny.” While they were talking, they tried guessing each other’s identity.Bunny Bunny asked, “Red ginseng, are you an actor? For me, I would say that I’ve usually played candy-like roles, just like how I’m your candy on ‘My Ear’s Candy.'” When Lee Joon Gi revealed that his best guess for her identity was Kim Go Eun, Bunny Bunny replied, “You must look like Kim Go Eun, if you were thinking of someone who looks similar to you.”

Lee Joon Gi 2

Bunny Bunny said, “Your tone and voice are kind of familiar,” and Lee Joon Gi tried to hide his identity as he quickly said, “I’m making my voice sound deeper on purpose. I actually have a high-tone voice.”

The actor told her she had such a nice voice, and confessed that he’s being more proactive in their conversations than he usually is. Bunny Bunny thanked him and said, “That’s something I like. I’m not very good at being the first to approach someone or lead a conversation. I do better when someone gives me a helping hand.”

Spoiler:

Finally, the identity of Bunny Bunny came out, and it was revealed to be actress Park Min Young.

Park Min Young

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/18/identity-lee-joon-gis-mystery-partner-revealed-ears-candy/

• Like 3

I am so happy Min Young accepted to do a show like this. I will take the show for what it is and don't really expect it to do much than help MY showcase a bit more of her real personality and help her and Lee Joon Gi become closer in real life, perhaps even friends and may be even do a drama project in the future together. 

Since she is such a private person, it has been frustrating to get a sense of who she is as a person from the few interviews and BTS videos we get. I have an idea of what kind of person she is in my head and based on the first episode, seems like some of it is right. I just hope this show lets the k-audience get to know her more. Some of them just love hating her for the PS and can only talk about that and miss out on so much that is wonderful about PMY. I have always been impressed by her bubbly and warm personality, her thoughtful nature that peeps through in her interviews and passion for art and her melancholy side that she hides in her laughter (like she once said, she laughs more when she is feeling down). I am pretty impressed by whatever I got to see of her in the previous episode - her voice is so cute, warm and soft, and she is so chilled out and has deep thoughts. I especially loved how soft her voice went while she was talking about her curiosity about the past and different cultures while riding the gondola. It was almost like she was talking to herself. She has also gone through a lot in her personal life and I wish she would get triple the happiness for all the sorrow she went through. Hoping that this show helps the k-audience get a sense of the charming woman Park Min Young and help them get a sense of her personality. I am glad the show's format has let her be in something which is her comfort zone - travelling to places on her own. 

When Min Young talked about how she usually invites her friends home, was reminded of her joking once that she calls her home as Min Young's coffee shop. 

• Like 7

I've watched many clips of episode 5, but waiting for subs to watch the whole episode. From what I gather from all the comments on the clips, LJG's fans were really happy and content with his candy (MY). They said she have a beautiful personality, loved her voice and her laugh. MY is again, the number 1 search in Daum when the episode aired:

88d633e2gy1fdrcwj0d9uj205o077t8v.jpg

In regards to the K-netizen (audience). I find them to be harsh in almost anything and everything, attacking celebrities like they're not humans with no feelings---some are just hypocrites if you ask me.

Next episode with Subs. She knows! Funny how she was making fun of him not to get caught in pictures again, but she also got caught. He just didn't see her pictures on instagram...LOL

cr: LJG fanclub

Throwback:

Red Ginseng and Bunny Bunny looked so adorable 10 years ago when they were SPRIS representatives.

Hope they will reunite in Italy just like the movie Calmi Cuori Appassionati (Between Calm and Passion).

• Like 8