Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Kang, Song talk ‘My Palpitating Life’

04194439.jpg
Actor Kang Dong-won and actress Song Hye-gyo have started promoting their upcoming movie “My Palpitating Life,” which will be released in Korea on Sept. 3. 

The two were at a press conference yesterday at Apgujeong CGV in Gangnam, southern Seoul. 

Kang and Song play young parents who give birth to a child when they’re 17 years old. The movie, based on the novel of the same title, depicts young parents raising a son who is suffering from progeria, a rare genetic disorder that prompts premature aging. 

During the press conference, Song said she never knew Kang had such a great passion for acting.

“After working with him in the movie, [i saw] he had an incredible passion toward his characters,” Song said.

This wasn’t the first time the actors had worked together. Four years ago they appeared in the film “Love For Sale,” which was never released in Korea. 

By Lee Sun-min | Aug 5 2014
Korean JoongAng Daily

Guest rjuliet

I hope kundo gain back its viewers despite the tough competition..and for mpl, I really hope it gained decent critics and a lot of viewers...the movie posters and trailers looks warm and touching...success comeback of kdw!

Official poster revealed for "My Brilliant Life"

photo469034.jpg
"My Brilliant Life" revealed a teaser and poster.
The poster shows 33-year-old Dae-soo and Mira, played by Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo. And Ah-reum, their son who has a rare case of a disease that makes him look much older than his peers.
Mother Mira and father Dae-soo are sitting in a sunlight filled living room with their son in their arms in the poster. They look like the happiest family and the copy on the poster says, "My child is the most special in the world".
The teaser was released through Naver Movie and it starts with Dae-soo and Ah-reum looking like friends. Ah-reum is a 16-year-old boy with the physical condition of an 80-year-old man and Dae-soo is a young, 33-year-old father.
Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo play young parents in this movie, Baek Il-sub plays the 'man next door', and Lee Seong-min stars as Ah-reum's doctor.
Lines like "Mother, father, what's it like to be young?", "I'll do whatever my son wants to do", "Of course, we were brought together for a reason" and others will touch the hearts of those watching the movie.
"My Brilliant Life" is the story of young parents and the oldest child in the world. It is based on an original by Kim Ae-ran's best seller. To be released on the 3rd of September.photo469028.jpg

Source Xports Hankyung Newscredit Hancinema | Aug 5 2014

A quick updates for the upcoming event. Another Movie Talk live event and this time for My Brilliant Life!source
Event: NAVER's MY BRILLIANT LIFE Movie Talk LIVE.
Broadcast Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2014
Time: 9.00 pm

Participants (subject to changes):
- E J-yong (Director)
- Kang Dong-won
- Song Hye-kyo
- Baek Il-Seop
- Jung Jae-hyung (Music Director)
Broadcast contents:
- Characters video
- Production/BTS Video
- Highlights Video.
- Q & A with the actors session.

The 2nd poster of MY BRILLIANT LIFE.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest jaeinmae

@oceanluv thank you for posting the gifs, my hubby was really impressed by that scene, well, KDW's movement to be precise...... awesome fluid motion, right? that's why i'm dying to watch MPL, i want to see the transition of KDW, from agile and graceful but "evil"  fighter to a clumsy, accident prone loving father....he really knows how to picked roles, very smart i must say!!!!!

My Palpitating Life Kang Dong Won & Song Hye Kyo Pick who as their Role Models?"
Actress Song Hye Kyo talked about how touching it was to act as a mother in the movie, My Palpitating Life.

Song Hye Kyo, along with actor Kang Dong Won and Director E J-yong attended a press conference for the movie My Palpitating Life on the afternoon of August 4th in Seoul at CGV Apgujeong.
On this day Song Hye Kyo explained the direction of her acting: “There was no special burden acting as a mother. When I first read the scenario, that is when I said I wanted to do it. I wanted to illustrate the appearance of a natural mother who is like a friend to her son.”
In regards to the question of a ‘role model,’ she answered, “Ever since I was a child until now, my mother treated me like a friend. If a mother like that is a role model then she seems to be my role model.” Kang Dong Won, who plays the father role of Dae Soo, mentioned that his own father is his role model.
Based on author Kim Ae Ran’s best-selling book of the same title, My Palpitating Life is the story of Dae Soo (Kang Dong Won) and MiRa (Song Hye Kyo) who at ages 17 and 16 respectively become parents to a son, ‘Areum’ who has an eighty year old body. As a young mother to a child with progeria, Song Hye Kyo looked to transform into a spirited and dignified image.
My Palpitating Life is expected to be released on this upcoming September 3rd.
Netizens commented on Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won’s My Palpitating Life, with such comments as: “I can’t wait for Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won in My Palpitating Life,” “Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won of My Palpitating Life is such a cool couple,” and “We get to see Song Hye Kyo and Kang Dong Won acting as parents.”
Source: sportsworldicredit @megbc from SHK soompi thread

[Photo] Kang Dong Won at press conference of movie 'My Brilliant Life20140804113512_53def16045469_1.jpg
On August 4th, actor Kang Dong Won attended press conference of movie 'My Brilliant Life,' which was held at CGV Apgujeong branch.

During the press conference, Kang Dong Won, Song Hye Gyo, and director Lee Jae Yong gave a brief introduction about the movie, and characters.

Meanwhile, 'My Brilliant Life' is a film that was motivated from a novel of the same title, written by author Kim Ae Ran, and it will be officially released on September 3rd.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com