Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Hi @missauditor, welcome to this thread…..

I found some information that might help you if you have a chance to visit Gimhae (김해), Busan….

Here is the link to a blog that suggests you to visit these 3 places - Café G (카페 G), Gwandong Park (관동공원/Gwangdong-gongwon) and Lotte Premium Outlets due to their close proximity… :

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=thinkchul&logNo=20130797840

(People will use these 2, Gwandong Park & Lotte Premium Outlets as the landmarks to find places around this area)

The  blog also comes with a map with the location of Café G (just opposite  the Gwandong Park)
[the area with the orange line -  Gwandong Park (관동공원); the small circle pointed by the red arrow - Café G]

cafeG_map_zps895b7cd3.jpg

Café G had just completed its renovation and reopened (correct me if I’m wrong) on August 2012. There’s a lot of photos of its new interior design and you can check them out in Naver (so sorry that I can’t post any picture or the link now..).  According to the fans, Café G also provides catalogs on furniture and glassware  for those who interested to order… just wonder.. new business venture?

Lastly…,@cornetto, if I have the time a will post  how director Lee Myung-Se described his movie “M”  during his recent interview with a UK reporter. Hopefully his explanation will lessen our confusion…

Till then. have a great day everybody!

@cornetto i only know this website  http://www.gangdongwon.com/. if you know naver site or cyworld site related to kdw, do let me know since i have accounts. thanks for your movie suggestion ^^ i let you know when i finish M. p/s: the superwoman my adopted sister is kdw's fan too.
@fizzykyle thanks for the info. i wish to check out his restaurant if i get to busan. i think cafe G is discoverable as long as i get to Gwangdong Park (the park's name sound close to our kdw's name).

i check out this blog http://koreanfilm.org/index.html for M synopsis and found more than that. since kdw's movies always top the chart, there's review on his other movie too. here's a few according to rank of best selling korean film. scrolled down for the review: 
2010 - 2nd - Secret Reunion http://koreanfilm.org/kfilm10.html *there's haunters review too
2009 - 3rd - Woochihttp://koreanfilm.org/kfilm09.html
2007 - 3rd - Voice of murdererhttp://koreanfilm.org/kfilm07.html*there's M review too 
2006 - 7th - Maundy Thrusday/Our happy timehttp://koreanfilm.org/kfilm06.html
2005 - None but the writer review Duelisthttp://koreanfilm.org/kfilm05.html#duelist
2004 - 9th - Romance of their own/Temtation of Wolveshttp://koreanfilm.org/kfilm04.html
almost every year kdw's work top the chart. i am proud fan ^^ 
i was watching haunters/physique (since i stucked with M) the night before, i was so shocked the way dad killed himself. soldier on. but the scene kdw came to the pawnshop and goo soo blinking his eyes (he was not affected by kdw's superpower), i can't bear it anymore. i shut down and go to sleep. lol. it's too much to be watched alone at night. better watch it during the day. haha.
thank you for all your sharing here ^^     

Wow, I can't believe it has been two years already. Anticipating Dong Won Oppa's return. Is it true that Oppa would not do anymore dramas in the future. I remember reading an article about it. Anyway, I really like Oppa's choice of movies. 

class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px; "Kim Yuna and Kang Dong Won chosen as the #1 wife and husband material
20120928_kimyuna_kangdongwon.jpeg

Y-Star‘s ‘Curious‘ revealed their list of unmarried celebrities and sports stars who were chosen as the best wife/husband material.

The survey was directed to women who have been married for more than 20 years as well as couple managers. They were asked to pick the celebrity they wanted as a daughter or son-in-law.

Figure skater Kim Yuna held a strong first place out of the women. She beat out competition such asKim Tae Hee and Shin Se Kyung because of her naturally beautiful face, shrewd personality, and yearly income of over 10 billion KRW (~9 million USD).

Actor Kang Dong Won landed at #1 among the men. He gained the sole attention of all the married women because of his handsome looks, 137 IQ, and mechanical engineering degree from a top university. He was also picked unanimously by the couple managers because his father is the vice president of a global enterprise that ranks top 10 worldwide.

Guest chacha22

msriz said: class="entry-title" style="margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 1.8em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px; "Kim Yuna and Kang Dong Won chosen as the #1 wife and husband material

Y-Star‘s ‘Curious‘ revealed their list of unmarried celebrities and sports stars who were chosen as the best wife/husband material.

The survey was directed to women who have been married for more than 20 years as well as couple managers. They were asked to pick the celebrity they wanted as a daughter or son-in-law.

Figure skater Kim Yuna held a strong first place out of the women. She beat out competition such asKim Tae Hee and Shin Se Kyung because of her naturally beautiful face, shrewd personality, and yearly income of over 10 billion KRW (~9 million USD).

Actor Kang Dong Won landed at #1 among the men. He gained the sole attention of all the married women because of his handsome looks, 137 IQ, and mechanical engineering degree from a top university. He was also picked unanimously by the couple managers because his father is the vice president of a global enterprise that ranks top 10 worldwide.

Thanks msriz for the info. As a fan, I'm totally agreed with you chacha22..  the best husband ever.. but I hope he just do at least a movie or a drama before he becomes someone son-in-law!

And for Chuseok, I like to share a bonus edition of Kuragehime manga by  Japanese mangaka, Akiko Higashimura, on her obsession with KDW ....

manga_kdw1_zpsb51a65dd.jpg

manga_kdw2_zps49a829ef.jpg

manga_kdw3_zps495312f8.jpg

manga_kdw4_zps258b7c3c.jpg

manga_kdw5_zps862f7f35.jpg

manga_kdw6_zps306cd196.jpg

Haha... I can relate to that... That's how I reacted the first time I "discovered" KDW but minus the trip to Korea just to buy his Photobook......

For those who are interested, these are the links to her manga and anime:

Manga: Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) - Manga

Anime: Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) - Anime TV Series 

(Credit to mangaka/author/artist Akiko Higashimura, the original publisher and links)

Happy Chuseok everybody.....

chuseok1c_zps3d2038b6.jpg

i can relate to the mangaka. i went to korea 6 times in less than 2 years because of a celebrity i like. my shortest stay was 3 days. i  wish my country is near to korea so i can go more often. lol. thanks for sharing the manga.
now i like kang dong won, i have even more reason to visit korea especially busan to visit Cafe G. but i notice Cafe G don't have his photo anymore.
it's only me who want kdw to quickly marry and make babbies? lol. it must be lovely to see that side of him. example actor who is happily married is cha taehyun who going to take kdw place in jeonwoochi drama like.
and it's about a month before he's coming back!
thanks ladies for the sharing <3

Guest cornetto1430272735

@fizzykyle - thanks for the excerpts from interviews! Very interesting~ Finally, some more insight on M! The part about the bar was very cool ^^ (Yeah... been so busy with school D: D: Maths exam...)

So excited about him being back, so soon~

@fizzykyle cox we are mature fans. haha. we want happiness for him. he gave us so much happiness just from knowing him from far. whatever he will do, we will support.
i read joowon's (kdw's look alike) interview saying many people came to his school just because they heard joowon looks like kdw. i guess people miss kdw so much. his look alike will do. lol.
thanks for sharing the screencap of the CF. lovely ^^ envy his tiny frame.
p/s: been so busy lately. i hope i can be on track watching his past work before he's back with new one. 

thanks @fizzykyle for your kind recommendation. guess what, i just came back from watching it.
like what you'd said, there's not much of KDW. only his voice and presence from far. but the movie is sooooo good! it was intense and emotionally violence. i don't really like how the father tackled the whole situation but he's certainly a good actor. i got to know kim nam joo recently but her acting here just average (in my opinion).
i listened to the original voice of the murderer. KDW certainly able to pull off the playful/cheeky/tricky character of the murderer i.e. gigling, chuckle, etc. i think you understand what i meant? the murderer didn't really have the intention to return the kid since the kid was believed dead the day he was kidnapped. the murderer actually love to play/torture his victim (father and mother) around.
there's one scene i think unnecessary; when the police asked the anchor man's signatory on behalf of her daughter. i was like, wt? lol.
p/s: tomorrow when i go back to my parents's i should hug them tightly and thanks them for what they had done to me.

Guest rraineaffire

Hi all! been a fan since I watched 1% and too beautiful to lie, enjoyed wolf's temptation, woochi and duelist so much, I'm not even a fan of Movies like Maundy thursday but watched it nonetheless..
:D I'm really aniticipating his discharge from the army, it's gotten so quiet about him lately.. I hope he'll choose a drama as well..