Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

MBC eyes remake of classic contract marriage drama 1% of Anything

by javabeans | March 31, 2016

Here we have another remake in the works, but instead of remaking a foreign property or adapting a webtoon/movie/book into a drama, MBC is looking to remake one of its own properties: 2003 drama 1% of Anything, starring an early-career Kang Dong-won and Kim Jung-hwa in a contract-marriage romance.

At the center of the show is a kind schoolteacher (Kim Jung-hwa) who helps out an elderly man, not knowing he’s a chaebol, and then is shocked to inherit his fortune when he dies. Kang Dong-won plays the haughty grandson who gets cut out of the will, whose only way to inherit is to accept Grandpa’s choice of bride. He and the schoolteacher agree to a temporary contract marriage, but end up falling in love. The drama originated as an internet novel written by Hyun Go-eun, who went on to script the TV series (which also starred Han Hye-jin and Kim Ji-woo).

I wrote about this drama briefly back when I gave capsule reviews of some of my favorite (and okay, not-favorite) contract marriage dramas, because that is one of those tropes that consistently hooks me. The story is a bit straightforward as far as contract relationships go, and by all accounts 1% of Anything is an imperfect watch, which probably feels quite dated now. On the upside, my interest had been piqued after writing that If You Like post (I should really write more of those, if only I had the time), and I’d been bummed to hear that the show wasn’t as exciting or bubbly as I hoped it would be — so this means I am ALL ABOUT this remake series. Here’s the chance to update the world, polish up the rough edges, and make it fun for a whole new generation of viewers.

There were initial reports that MBC would schedule this remake in an unconventional timeslot, the late-night Saturday spot currently home to Oh Ji-ho and Lee Soo-kyung’s My Little Baby. It’s an odd broadcast hour, for sure, since My Little Baby starts airing past midnight (at 12:40 a.m.) and shows two consecutive episodes, but MBC has since come out to clarify that scheduling has not been decided. If 1% of Anything does get that slot, it could premiere as early as late April.

Via Joy News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/mbc-eyes-remake-of-classic-contract-marriage-drama-1-of-anything/

• Like 3

Labelmates CL and Kang Dong Won Hang Out in Los Angeles

2NE1‘s CL and Kang Dong Won are stopping by Los Angeles for a mysterious collaboration project with fashion magazine Elle Korea!

On March 31, CL posted the above photo on her personal Instagram, letting fans know that she is catching up with her relatively new labelmate and popular actor Kang Dong Won. Last weekend, they were spotted catching a flight from Korea to the United States.

The stars are seen posing intimately in the dark outdoor setting, appearing friendly and comfortable with each other. Even with his glasses and casual attire, Kang Dong Won manages to look effortlessly attractive, while CL puts her edgy stamp on the shot by hiding behind her hands and staring deep into the camera.

This photo was soon reposted by the Instagram team of Elle Korea, who revealed that the YG Entertainment stars are in Los Angeles for an upcoming edition of the magazine. The result of their collaboration — most likely a photo spread — is expected to be featured in the May issue of Elle Korea.

Source (1) (2)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/31/labelmates-cl-and-kang-dong-won-hang-out-in-los-angeles/

----------------

Kang Dong Won even turns fierce YG-mate CL into a shy, blushing girl

By alim17

YG Entertainment colleagues, CL and Kang Dong Won, have met!  And it's an explosion of awesomeness.

We gotchu, gurl.  Kang Dong Won could turn even the fiercest, baddest female of K-Pop into a shy girl.

She posted a picture of the two together on March 31 onto her Instagram. They have their heads leaning against each other and smiling cutely into the camera. Notably, CL has her face covered with her hands, looking adorable.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/kang-dong-won-even-turns-fierce-yg-mate-cl-into-a-shy-blushing-girl

• Like 3

KDW partying with CL and her other musician friends at Record Record 1st anniversary Party (March 31, 2016)

i1i.jpg

i1r.jpg

@vuracious Twitter update "Are we friends now"

source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137845356@N06/sets/72157664354319134/

KDW with Krunk bear at YG USA Office :lol:

i1j.jpg

Yang Hyun Suk IG

Kang Dong Won Pays a Visit to the YG USA Office

Actor Kang Dong Won recently paid a visit to the United States!

On April 2, YG Entertainment head Yang Hyun Suk uploaded a photo of the actor to his personal Instagram account. Kang Dong Won can be seen leaning against one of the signature YG bear statues. In the caption, Yang Hyun Suk wrote, “Kang Dong Won [and] KRUNK. Tuna in USA Office.”

Meanwhile, Kang Dong Won left his previous agency and signed an exclusive contract with YG Entertainment in January. His most recent film, “A Violent Prosecutor,” hit theatres this past January and saw great box office success, as well.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/02/kang-dong-won-pays-a-visit-to-the-yg-usa-office/

• Like 2

On 31 March 2016 at 4:51 PM, oceanluv said:

MBC eyes remake of classic contract marriage drama 1% of Anything

by javabeans | March 31, 2016

Here we have another remake in the works, but instead of remaking a foreign property or adapting a webtoon/movie/book into a drama, MBC is looking to remake one of its own properties: 2003 drama 1% of Anything, starring an early-career Kang Dong-won and Kim Jung-hwa in a contract-marriage romance.

At the center of the show is a kind schoolteacher (Kim Jung-hwa) who helps out an elderly man, not knowing he’s a chaebol, and then is shocked to inherit his fortune when he dies. Kang Dong-won plays the haughty grandson who gets cut out of the will, whose only way to inherit is to accept Grandpa’s choice of bride. He and the schoolteacher agree to a temporary contract marriage, but end up falling in love. The drama originated as an internet novel written by Hyun Go-eun, who went on to script the TV series (which also starred Han Hye-jin and Kim Ji-woo).

I wrote about this drama briefly back when I gave capsule reviews of some of my favorite (and okay, not-favorite) contract marriage dramas, because that is one of those tropes that consistently hooks me. The story is a bit straightforward as far as contract relationships go, and by all accounts 1% of Anything is an imperfect watch, which probably feels quite dated now. On the upside, my interest had been piqued after writing that If You Like post (I should really write more of those, if only I had the time), and I’d been bummed to hear that the show wasn’t as exciting or bubbly as I hoped it would be — so this means I am ALL ABOUT this remake series. Here’s the chance to update the world, polish up the rough edges, and make it fun for a whole new generation of viewers.

There were initial reports that MBC would schedule this remake in an unconventional timeslot, the late-night Saturday spot currently home to Oh Ji-ho and Lee Soo-kyung’s My Little Baby. It’s an odd broadcast hour, for sure, since My Little Baby starts airing past midnight (at 12:40 a.m.) and shows two consecutive episodes, but MBC has since come out to clarify that scheduling has not been decided. If 1% of Anything does get that slot, it could premiere as early as late April.

Via Joy News

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/mbc-eyes-remake-of-classic-contract-marriage-drama-1-of-anything/

Wow! Thanks for info. Looking forward to watch it! I'm a new fan of him. Started fond him after accidentally watched "Maundy Thursday".:):):)

• Like 3

Korean Ladies Magazine Picks Top 10 Favorite K-actors as of March 2016

Posted on April 3, 2016 by ockoala

rx.jpg

A recent Korean ladies magazine poll at the end of March is an interesting peek into how the domestic female viewers feel about how the hot Korean actors the English-speaking drama world fangirls over. It’s not the same list, that’s for sure, if I were to take a poll there are certain names that would dominate even if he hasn’t done a drama in years. The ladies choice top three favorite Korean actors as of March 2016 are Signal‘s Lee Je Hoon in first place, Kang Dong Won in second thanks to his hit film, and third place goes to Song Joong Ki in all certainty due to the exposure of Descendants of the Sun. Expanding the list a bit more, Lee Je Hoon‘s Signal costar Jo Jin Woong takes fourth while Yoo Ah In just spent six months in front of television audiences in Six Flying Dragons and takes fifth place. Check out the top ten below, and most are recently quite popular or buzzed about on television, with the only name missing as Park Hae Jin since he got so much attention for Cheese in the Trap yet it’s his costar Seo Kang Joon that found a place on this poll.

1. Lee Je Hoon
2. Kang Dong Won
3. Song Joong Ki
4. Jo Jin Woong
5. Yoo Ah In
6. Seo Kang Joon
7. Park Bo Gum
8. Kim Soo Hyun
9. Lee Jong Seok
10. Im Shi Wan

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/04/03/korean-ladies-magazine-picks-top-10-favorite-k-actors-as-of-march-2016/

• Like 5

Kang Dong-won meets CL in US

2016/04/09

Kang Dong-won met CL in US.

On March 30th, Kang Dong-won departed to LA for his fashion pictorial shooting schedule. It is his first official schedule abroad after he signed a contract with his new agency, YG Entertainment.

Kang Dong-won's first schedule in LA was to attend a party hosted by an American music label. He met CL at the party and took a photo with her. Kang Dong-won's big smile and the shy look on CL have caught our attention.

After having his pictorial shoot, he did sightseeing around the downtown. Kang Dong-won also visited a famous state park nearby along with CL, and her sister Harin.

Since Kang Dong-won moved to his new agency, YG, he has been revealing friendly snapshots from his daily life, of which incidents were unlikely when he was with his former agency.

Meanwhile, Kang Dong-won's new movie, "Master" is opening soon.

Source : http://www.dispatch.co.kr/497505

http://www.hancinema.net/kang-dong-won-meets-cl-in-us-93299.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1

ELLE Korea, May Issue!

VANISHING TIME: A BOY WHO RETURNED (Hidden Time)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
credit ELLE Korea

his fashion is from DIOR HOMME SUMMER 2016

----------------

Kang Dong Won takes a break from filming movies for the cover of 'ELLE'

By beansss

Those eyes really seem to contain thousands of stories, don't they?

Fashion magazine 'ELLE' chose dark and handsome movie star Kang Dong Won as the cover model for their upcoming May issue! 

The pictorial took place in various parts of L.A, and for one of the hottest big screen actors in Korea right now, the pictorial overseas must have felt like a nice break! 

More photos of Kang Dong Won, plus his interview on his upcoming movies including 'Hidden Time' and 'Master' with co-stars Lee Byung Hun and Kim Woo Bin, can be found in the May issue of 'ELLE'!

-------------------------

“Descendants of the Sun” Writer Kim Eun Sook in Talks for New Drama

Kim Eun Sook, one of the writers behind KBS’s ultra-popular “Descendants of the Sun,” is currently in talks with a new drama set for this coming November.

On April 14, the cable network tvN revealed, “Writer Kim Eun Sook is at present actively discussing the organization of a Friday-Saturday drama with us.” Not much about the talks are known, although there was an initial report that Kang Dong Won was approached to star in the drama that YG Entertainment denied.

“Kang Dong Won is about to start filming for a film. He has not received an offer to participate in a drama from writer Kim Eun Sook.”

tvN also denied that report, stating, “We haven’t officially sent any offers to Kang Dong Won. Right now there are a lot of possibilities on the table, and that’s all we know.”

Should Kim Eun Sook continue on her streak of success following “Descendants of the Sun,” it should be a sight to see, what with tvN having nonstop hits in their Friday-Saturday slot.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/14/descendants-of-the-sun-writer-kim-eun-sook-in-talks-for-new-drama/

-------------------------

KOREA CORPORATE REPUTATION INSTITUTE'S BRAND REPUTATION SURVEY OF ACTORS FOR APRIL

http://www.newstown....ml?idxno=246591

From March 11, 2016 to April 12, 2016, the Korea Corporate Reputation Institute analyzed 59,897,801 pieces of data to come up with a brand reputation index. A participation index (consumer brand engagement i.e. consumer's emotional or rational attachment to an actor), media index (news articles, etc), and communication index (social media) were used to calculate the actors' brand reputation index.

LEFT-TO-RIGHT: Actor - Participation Index - Media Index - Communication Index - Brand Reputation Index (red)
Posted Image
cr: Korea Corporate Reputation Institute

THE 17 ACTORS LOVED BY KOREANS:

1. Song Joong Ki
2. Song Hye Kyo
3. Yoo Ah In
4. Kim Soo Hyun
5. Kang Dong Won
6. Jeon ji hyun
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Lee Kwang Soo
9. Hwang Jung Min
10. Oh Dal Su
11. Lee Min Ho
12. Lee Jung Jae
13. Ha Jung Woo
14. Cha Seung Won
15. Yoo Hae Jin
16. Song Kang Ho
17. Choi Min Sik
cr Jun Ji Hyun thread

• Like 4

@oceanluv, thank you for this news...  Hancinema too, just covered it..   OMG...Why is there talk of him in the drama if they have not received an offer?

YG, "Kang Dong-won wasn't offered a role in writer Kim Eun-sook's latest"

photo713530.jpg

Rumors have it that writer Kim Eun-sook offered actor Kang Dong-won a role in her newest tvN drama.

But according to YG Entertainment, Kang Dong-won wasn't made an offer and negotiations aren't taking place.

Apparently writer Kim Eun-sook is coming up with a new drama later this year about goblins and is planning to enter the Chinese market.

Meanwhile, she's working on the casting and many wonder if she would ask for Kang Dong-won's help.

Source: Hancinema

• Like 3

@irilight I think it's because DOTS did parody of Kang Dong Won's umbrella scene.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13008404_1711455559101145_122085829_n.mp4

and another rumor in 2014 about KES's new drama offer.

Kim Tae Hee & Kang Dong Won met with someone at a restaurant....It is believed that they were discussing about the new drama written by Kim Eun Sook. 

m39amiP.jpg

May 28, 2014

Source: http://weibo.com/kimtaehee19800329

via https://web.facebook.com/KimTaeHeeBiRain/photos/a.475042642568941.1073741828.475033275903211/692082424198294/?type=3&size=480%2C319&fbid=692082424198294&_rdr

so many wonder if she would ask for KDW's help for her new tvN's drama... :)

• Like 3

:wub::wub:

He's rocking 80's look 

As always KDW looks good 

I thought KDW and Kim Tae Hee meeting was for Yong Pal because it turned out to be Joo Won (who is KDW look alike) 

I've been wrong then

I like to see that he's been exclusively staring movies but I don't, very much don't have a problem to see him twice a week instead of once a year 

:)

• Like 3

GANG DONG WON’s Undeniably Outstanding Visual

By Lou - April 15, 2016

Posted Image

Actor GANG DONG WON’s eye-catching visual unrivalled with anyone has been unveiled.

On the 15 this month, fashion media “Elle” unveiled May issue’s cover project with GANG DON WON, an actor who never stops on the screen.

For the cover project, GANG DONG WON shot photos on different streets of L.A., the center of the world’s film industry, that look just like scenes in blockbuster movies. At Venice Beach Skates Park, he turned himself into a free-spirited skater, looking just like local skate boarders in the park. On a crowded street in L.A. in the night, GANG DONG WON was transformed into a rock star who sneaked out of a party. GANG showed perfect looks in different outfits from casual to formal suit.

“Elle”s photo-shooting team put GANG’s perfect look with his tall and slim figure, handsome face, natural actor’s aura, as well as his deep eyes that seem to be talking many things, in the photography.

For GANG DONG WON who has never stopped working to the extent of earning the nickname of “GANG DONG WON who keeps working like a cow”, the photo-shooting with “Elle” magazine is his first photography since he joined new agency YG Entertainment. It was also an opportunity for him to recharge himself before the full-fledged promotion of movie “Hidden Time” that has cranked up recently and the beginning of the shooting of “Master”.

In an interview that followed the photo-shooting a few days later further raised people’s anticipation for his acting in melodrama, mentioning “Hidden Time” which is his next movie for which he works with a rookie director following “The Priests” and “A Violent Prosecutor”, saying, “It is a pure love story that depicts special emotions”.

Actor GANG DONG WON who never fears of falling down and hurting himself, just like stake boarders who are never afraid of falling down. You can check his photos, as well as stories about “Hidden Time” that will be released soon and his another movie “Master” in which he acts with Lee Byung-heon and Kim Woo-bin, in the May issue of “Elle” magazine and on its official website (www.elle.co.kr).

source

• Like 7

10 hours ago, oceanluv said:

@irilight I just saw this news...it said KDW was the 1st choice for the role of Yoo Shi Jin in DOTS.

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=021&aid=0002272225

I think KES wants him to star in her drama so bad, he does not reject this new one officially and the drama will open in november so everything is possible...

wow.... Can you imagine if KDW was in that drama?   It was even pre-produce, but probably too long for him..... Somehow, something that I read about this drama based on folklore, and kind of a devil character, made me think that KDW could do really great with it.

• Like 4