Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Good Morning Everyone,

Does anyone know how international fans can see The Priest?  I have checked Netflix, Dramafever, iTunes and Viki.  I can't find the movie.  Is it too early for it to be online yet?  I have watched both Kundo and Woochi online at Netflix.  

If you know where I can see his latest movie online, please send me a message to let me know. 

The very first movie I saw of Kang Dong-Won was Kundo. Honestly, I have watched that movie over and over because I can't get enough of this guy's character in the movie.  I happen to come across the movie in my Netflix account after watching TOP in a movie.  I watched the movie and honestly, from a certain angel, I thought I was seeing TOP from Big Bang.  I remember thinking, did TOP get taller, more slender and more handsome?   Then, I looked at the movie a bit more and I realized I was not looking at TOP but someone else.  This is how I got introduced to Kang Dong-Won.  I  went on a mad search and started looking up KDW's other works.  My favorite movie he has done is Maundy Tuesday.  I almost cried at the end because I couldn't believe he was executed. KDW seems to play the quirky roles that I like so much.  He does not play your typical boring Korean roles where he is the nice guy everyone loves.  He chooses interesting characters to play in movies.  This is why I like him so much.    Now, I want to see him in this movie The Priest.  

I know he probably nailed the role as he has done in his other movies.  

Thank you for any help you can provide.

^

@theone4me  yes, The Priests is too early to be online, you have to wait until the dvd releases...

I also love how he chooses different roles so he won't get trapped in the same character...

--------------------

'A Violent Prosecutor' gets us amped for its premiere with still cuts of Kang Dong Won

January 1, 2016 @ 2:52 am

Ga5tIqm.jpg

Kang Dong Won never fails to make all the ladies swoon over his comely, suave visuals, and his latest teaser images for 'A Violent Prosecutor' are no exception! 

The actor is seen interacting with his co-star Hwang Jung Min in the teaser images, wearing a range of different expressions that show just how deeply immersed he is into his role. 

A trailer for this movie has already been revealed, which you can get a peek at here if you haven't done so already. And of course be sure to watch the film when in premieres on February 4! 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/01/a-violent-prosecutor-gets-us-amped-for-its-premiere-with-still-cuts-of-kang-dong-won

• Like 4

^

yep, today is the press con of VP.

------------------------

new stills of A Violent Prosecutor

RhReEDr.jpg

2VLGOWZ.jpg

heTDqrT.jpg

kUIFC1U.jpg

foiCHXR.jpg

------------------------

'A Violent Prosecutor 검사외전' production presentation/briefing starts at 5.00 pm (KST) today.

5tDhAEY.jpg

wUbwlHO.jpg

dRVGRNE.jpg

Spoiler

7kSUC1z.jpg

[Press photos] Lee Il-hyeong(director), Hwang Jung-min and Kang Dong Won during 'A Violent Prosecutor' presentation briefing held at Apgujeong CGV, Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul today, January 4, 2016.

credit https://www.facebook.com/A-fan-of-Kang-Dong-Won-456161621157424/?fref=ts

ZGhuYcM.jpg

RsxRsyP.jpg

pTFCTdU.jpg

fx94BLu.jpg

7oCg7Ng.jpg

1D1VXKE.jpg

B8pzZRL.jpg

bwVxSnB.jpg

credit on pics

KPkVLih.jpg

CBi7ptv.jpg

MMbsOZk.jpg

ZZjkSln.jpg

8u89pvs.jpg

PiPlBKU.jpg

epMT00r.jpg

8ZfPQ2d.jpg

credit 10asia

u4RyizI.gif

TlhvBTk.gif

dcdongwon

• Like 3

more

jTJ8sEK.jpg

czGgEAg.jpg

qxLtpQf.jpg

JPe01cE.jpg

oL2jXzc.jpg

4HfpUUP.jpg

qynFTC9.jpg

OCpDiPS.jpg

OsddhWt.jpg

prRGXup.jpg

crgbCXx.jpg

0L2c9W7.jpg

Ch9tIsY.jpg

9VTCAzk.jpg

MOqXDWD.jpg

fllVppz.jpg

zsbruDq.jpg

PqR8ZSN.jpg

gfKLNTg.jpg

credit on pics

--------------------

[Z현장영상] MOVIE '검사외전 A Violent Prosecutor, 2015' 강동원-황정민, '서로가 느끼는 매력은?'

ZENITH NEWS 제니스뉴스

'물 만난 참치오빠' 강동원(Kang Dong Won), "살면서 못해본 짓 신나게 연기, 가둬놨던 나를 꺼냈다"

더스타 / The STAR

'검사외전' 강동원, 제작발표회를 런웨이로 만든 남자

EntertainmentVOP

• Like 4

more pics from VP press con on 4 Jan 2016
k0O9TsQ.jpg
7RwWeLO.jpg
HB8TSQD.jpg
f5m2yf7.jpg
L1FekRs.jpg
lhGmLw5.jpg
F1sTHfR.jpg
8PfWoq4.jpg
qgdv7JH.jpg
Hjy0haT.jpg
o0SOtQL.jpg
credit Chosun Online
---------------------
Top 10 official fancafes of actors & actresses
Up until January 6, 2016

Top 10 actresses
10) Go Ara (31,458)
9) Lee Yeon Hee (32,173)
8) Sung Yuri (35,972)
7) Han Jimin (38,243)
6) Ha Jiwon (44,219)
5) Park Shin Hye (59,422)
4) Im Soo Jung (65,411)
3) Moon Geun Young (69,217)
2) Jun Ji Hyun (106,966) - She's not a member of her own fancafe
1) Kim Tae Hee (144,942)

Top 10 actors
10) Kim Nam Gil (54,494)
9) Gong Yoo (60,751)
8) Lee Minho (61,914)
7) So Ji Sub (76,216)
6) Kwon Sang Woo (84,365)
5) Jo In Sung (84,492)
4) Yoo Ah In (88,704)
3) Hyun Bin (99,732)
2) Lee Junki (139,491)
(When he was at his peak, his fancafe members exceeded 400K)
1) Kang Dong Won (206,598)

Posted Image

=

Instiz: Top 10 official fancafes of actors in 2016
- Kang Dong Won ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's like an idol
- I knew Junki oppa would be here ㅠㅠ I've been liking him since I was in elementary school ㅠㅠ
- God Tuna <3
- Ainese at #4... <3

source : kpopkfans JANUARY 7, 2016
-------------------

Kang Dong-won, Park So-dam Named Most Promising Actors for New Year

Kang Dong-won and Park So-dam have been voted 2016's most promising male and female actors.

In a survey conducted by Yes24 at the request of the Chosun Ilbo, Kang received 246 votes, beating out Ha Jung-woo (186) and Yu A-in (172) among male stars. Im Si-wan and Hwang Jung-min followed with 98 and 88 votes.

Newcomer Park (186 votes) was a surprise winner among actresses, edging out veterans Son Ye-jin (144), Kim Hye-soo (111) and Jeon Ji-hyun (101). Another young actress, Park Bo-young, came in fifth with 81 votes.

xha16OJ.jpg

Kang Dong-won (left) and Park So-dam

The poll questioned 3,461 people, of whom 63 percent were women, from Dec. 28 to 31.

Kang has unique qualities as an actor, making fantasy seem real and bringing a sense of fantasy to realistic scenes. Since his debut in 2003, he has appeared in 15 films and three TV dramas. In his latest film, "The Priests," Kang proved that his ability to set fashion trends extends even to a priest's simple clerical shirt and tab collar. The film attracted 5.44 million viewers.

Park started to get serious attention with her supporting roles in "The Silenced" and "The Priests" last year, during which she also appeared in "C'est Si Bon," "Veteran" and "The Throne." She has worked on many small-budget and independent films since her 2013 debut.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jan. 09, 2016 08:12 KST
-----------------

A Violent Prosecutor MAIN trailer

Release Date: February 4, 2016

http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/mediaView.nhn?code=130903&mid=29409

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
credit kitakitty
Posted Image
credit on pic via dcdongwon
---------------

Upcoming event for 'A Violent Prosecutor - 검사외전'.

Event: Naver Movie Talk Live - A Violent Prosecutor.
Live broadcast date: January 18, 2016 (Mon)
Time: 9.00 pm (KST)

Participants (subject to changes):
- Lee Il-hyeong (Director)
- Hwang Jung-min
- Kang Dong Won

Agenda:
Live Q & A with the director and actors.
Production, characters, behind-the-scene, etc. video clips screening

credit https://web.facebook.com/A-fan-of-Kang-Dong-Won-456161621157424/?fref=ts

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

Kang Dong Won reveals why he wore heels at his movie conference

Saturday, January 09, 2016

Posted Image

Article: 'Ent Relay' Kang Dong Won, "My stylist wanted me to wear the all black heeled shoes"

Source: Star News via Nate

1. [+595, -7] It must be awesome being his stylist. You can just throw anything on him and he'll manage to pull it off. Anyway, I'm really glad to see him back in so many works again.

2. [+417, -13] Nothing to clarify, he pulls them off well

3. [+293, -7] Why did he let her make him wear those shoes ㅠㅠ but you still can't deny that he looks cool~

4. [+17, -0] She dressed him straight off the runway, I saw the designer's collection. He looks just as good as the models did! He's Kang Dong Won for a reason, after all

5. [+14, -0] Am I the only one who thinks he pulls the heels off...? He looks like he's dressed for cosplay or a movie, kind of even looks like Edward Scissorhands

6. [+14, -0] His fashion was a bit weird looking but another opportunity for us to realize that he can pull off anything... what's he going to try next.. a skirt?!

7. [+12, -0] Wow this oppa even looks good in heels... doesn't even look feminine with them on

8. [+11, -0] Wonder how happy being his stylist must be ㅋㅋㅋ you get to see his face every day and just put anything on him and he'll always look good~ ㅜㅜ

9. [+10, -0] I like that his coordi is willing to challenge herself ㅋㅋㅋ you could get away with dressing him simply because he's so handsome but she always goes above and beyond ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+8, -0] His stylist needs to study fashion more... handsome faces like him need simpler looks to balance it out

http://netizenbuzz.b...wore-heels.html

• Like 3

VP NEW stills

xV71PKj.jpg
6w0yzYR.jpg

-----------------------

[V Report Plus] Kang Dong-won and Hwang Jung-min to talk about new flick

Updated : January 13 2016

gWmZzHE.jpg

Hwang Jung-mi (left) and Kang Dong-won (OSEN) “A Violent Persecutor” follows a prosecutor Byun Jae-wook (Hwang) who is framed for murder and gets 15 year in prison. He meets Chi-won (Kang), a good looking conman, in prison. Byun, with his legal knowledge, helps Chi-won to get acquitted, and in return asks Chi-won to carry out plans to take revenge against those who framed him.

The film opens in theaters on Feb. 3.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit www.vlive.tv.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naver.vapp
Apple App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1019447011?mt=8

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201601131121400938984_2

• Like 1

January 14, 2016

Hwang Jung-min says ‘Kang Dong-won has no flaw’

Veteran actor Hwang Jung-min said Kang Dong-won is an actor free of flaws, during a recent interview ahead of their upcoming movie “A Violent Prosecutor,” slated for February. 

The crime-comedy film features the story of a prosecutor (Hwang Jung-min), wrongfully accused of murder and imprisoned, who tries to clear himself with the help of a good-looking prisoner (Kang Dong-won).

Speaking of Kang, the 45-year-old said, “He is very talented. He doesn’t seem to have any flaw,” adding, “While I worked with him, I felt comfortable and pleasant.”

“I got more energy (from him) than I expected,” he added. 

Kang also talked of the top actor, “I had faith in the film because of Hwang. I am honored to work with him.”

The movie “A Violent Prosecutor” is set to be released on Feb. 3. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

On January 12, 2016 at 1:32 AM, oceanluv said:

^

@theone4me YG rep denied KDW joining YG, they said they previously met as friends not for contract...

Thanks for the info.  He seems too high a caliber actor to be with YG. It would be nice if he starts his own company like So Ji Sub and Lee Byun Hun.  

• Like 2

A Violent Prosecutor trailer & interview with eng sub

KMOVIE: A Violent Prosecutor 姜棟元、黃政民新片《檢察官外傳 검사외전》 (EN SUB)

HALLYU WORLD - Korean Entertainment

-------------------------

Press Preview

25 Jan 2016 (Mon), 2.00 pm (KST)
COEX Megabox

Showcase

28 Jan 2016, 8.30 pm (KST)
The Starium theater / CGV Yeongdeungpo
source
Posted Image

DON'T MISS!

Naver Movie Talk Live - A Violent Prosecutor

18 Jan 2016 (Mon), 9.00 pm (KST)
http://www.vlive.tv/home

and High cut also coming soon on 18 Jan 2016, 12.00 am (KST)

• Like 1

I know that he has a special dress style. :D   He is tall enough and handsome enough to pull of anything.  But is he wearing a lady's pearl necklace in some of the pictures above?  Is that a new trend for men in Korea?   And the heels..... I won't speak about. LOL!  I know men wear man heels but his heels, LOL!!, I won't ask about those.  :P   He looks good in everything including heels. 

I do wish he would gain a bit of weight.  I have seen him with a little bit of weight on him and he looks really really REALLY good.  When I saw a picture of him at the Kundo conference with the other actors, he looked to have a little weight on him.  It made me want to jump through the computer and hug him.  

I am assuming because he is a man and he is tall, he probably burns calories fast.  He looks like he can eat anything and not gain weight.  If I even look at a cupcake, I gain 5 lbs.  :crazy:

I wish I could see his movies when the movies are first released.  The prosecutor movie looks like it is going to be another really good movie.  But I will have to wait until it comes out in English subtitles before I can really enjoy it. 

@Oceanluv thank you for keeping this thread up to date with the latest on his activities.  I love all the pictures that you post of him. 

• Like 3