Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Oh my this looks gorgeous.....!!!

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(194, 162, 111); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"The Teaser Poster of ‘My Palpitating Life’ Starring Kang Dong-won and Song Hye-kyo
teaser_poster.jpg
The teaser poster of ‘My Palpitating Life’, the movie version of the novel of the same name written by writer Kim Ae-ran, has been opened to the public.
Movie <My Palpitating Life> is a story of young parents who had children only when they were 17 years old. It is also about the oldest son who is 17 years old but has a 80 year old body.
The teaser poster shows happy moment of Kang Dong-won who plays father ‘Dae-soo,’ Song Hye-kyo who plays mother ‘Mi-ra’ and their son ‘Ah-reum’ who has progeria.
In the poster, Kang Dong-won is holding his son with a bright ‘father smile’ and Song Hye-kyo has ‘mother smile’ on her face leaning her head on son’s back. They are exactly showing they are happy parents.
<My Palpitating Life> will open on Chuseok holiday.
 Written by Han Jihee, Photography by ZIPCINEMA, Translated by Park KaylaGet It K | July 24 2014

• Like 1

Guest KseniaS

Guys, with all respect, need I remind you that this topic is NOT a shipper-oriented discussion? If you want to speculate about a possible relationship between the two, please start a separate topic and talk all you like about them there. I come here to read about KDW and his work, and not scroll through endless ravings about how cute and fluffy KDW and SHK are together. 

Huh???? Where is It???? Who's raving about how cute and fluffy KDW and SHK are together....I can't find it here.
Can anyone please update about the latest box office results of KUNDO  as of today please....so excited to see that it reaches KDW target :)

Ha Jung Woo, Kang Dong Won 'Gundo' attracts half million at the opening

20140724001302169_1.jpg

Film 'Gundo: Age of the Rampant' (hereinafter: Gundo) set a new record of the highest opening score attracting half million audiences at the first day of its opening.

On 23, its opening, 'Gundo' ranked the top place of the Box Office attracting 551,290 audiences (Korean Film Council Box Office). 

The score is far beyond that of Transformer 3 (2011) recorded, which was the highest number of audiences at the first day of opening, 544,995. Gundo gained back the record that has been taken over by overseas movies and also it beat Korean record of the movie' Secretly and Greatly,‘ which is 498,158. 

'Gundo' is about the outlaw who fight against corrupt officials in Joseon era. Ha Jeong Woo, Kang Dong Won, Lee Sung Min, Jo Jin Woong, Ma Dong Suk, Yoon Ji Hye, Kim Jae Young, Lee Kyung Young, Kim Sung Kyun, Jung Man Sik and more made an appearance.  

issue@asiatoday.co.kr | July 24 2014 | SOURCE

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"[Y-STAR] Movie 'KUNDO', 550,000 cinema audiences on first day

credit YstarNews

Hi, thanks for all the updates on KDW. I'm happy that Kundo is doing well :)

Just want to share his interview in English in the E-book version of High Cut n°130 (July 2014)(There are some videos of his photoshoot in this version, I will try to post it later - when I know how to save them on my computer^^)
Now, the 8-pages interview - one of the best & longest interviews I have read from KDW !
page1_zpse6161313.png
page2_zpse346eb34.png

page3_zps0662f5aa.pngpage4_zps5ded3e4e.png page5_zps8a69d7d8.pngpage6_zps84003c98.pngpage7_zpsaa7bbf3f.pngpage8_zps8bbe7fad.png

Edit: sorry I don't know how to put spoiler with images !!

[interview] 'Gundo' Kang Dong Won "My goal was looking cool"

2014 7 25
SMNITB.jpg

Kang Dong Won is one of a kind actor in Chungmuro. This is proved by the movie ' Gundo: Age of the Rampant'(hereinafter: Gundo) which released on 23. 

Kang Dong Won used to beloved by fans as a handsome actor shown in the movie such as 'Temptation of Wolves,' ' Maundy Thursday' 'Jeon Woo Chi,''Secrete Reunion,' and more. For this time, in the movie 'Gundo' he catches eyes with more mature acting. People give applause to him for his wonderful acting saying this is the era of Kang Dong Won. 

'Gundo' is about the outlaw fight against the corrupt officials in Joseon era. Kang Dong Won played an enemy of the common people, Jo Yoon. He comes back to the screen in 4 years with the film. 

"I had hard time to adjust to acting. Jo Yoon, especially is a character who does not have clear motivation as Dolmuchi(Ha Jung Woo) or even play an active role in the movie, which made me hard to express. It's been a while and I met this character. I was obviously wooden. Luckily, Director Yoon and Ha Jung Woo and other actors helped me to feel comfortable, which made it possible to build a good character," he said. 

Kang Dong Won was succeed in showing strong but beautiful action. He started practicing action 4 to 5 months before the filming to express Jo Yoon as a 'Sword Master‘ He also put his effort to meet Director Yoon's intention, such as building up his body he practiced with wooden sword. 

" The director's intention was to depict Jo Yoon as cool guy. Audiences should feel that Jo Yoon is the best swordsman and if I was not good enough they cannot really feel that way. So the action part was the most important part. In this film, I did powerful and speedy action and I got response that it looked like a dance motion. I feel good but bad at the same time. Because I pour all my energy and people see that way. I developed 7 ways of sword cutting motion and practiced hundreds a day," he said. 

It was his first time to act with Ha Jung Woo, 'The tide of Chungmuro,' Previously, he had experiences of working with Kim Yoon Seok in 'Jun Woo Chi,' and Song Kang Ho in 'Secret Reunion.' Kang Dong Won always shows confidence in working with him not a stress. 

Kang Dong Won pointed out that the reason why audiences, directors, and producers choose him is because he does 'all in' to his work. He also addressed his ambition as an actor who can contribute to the Asian movie market. 

" I as an actor, I do live only for movies. I do not accept anything that can bother my works and audiences, directors know about that. I would like to be a recognized actor either commercially or with my acting. If I have more detailed goal, I would like to contribute to the development and improvement of Asian movie market. Many people asked whether I am planning to debut at the Hollywood, but I would more like to face the Hollywood as a Korean actor in Asian Market. My dream is to develop new genre at our own market," said Kang. 

Kang Dong Won has walked as an actor without causing problems in entertainment industry where is full of scandals. At the beginning there was a rumor that he is a homosexual, but he did not even try to explain to that since it's not true. Also, he has never had a single scandals, which makes netizens calling him 'Kang Dong Won Public Property.' " I don't like it. My parents would feel sorry when hearing this, " answered with laughing. 

" Filming 'Gundo' I had talked to Director Yoon a lot because of my increased obsession. I do have sort of moral obsession, which makes me undergo pressure. 'What if I can no longer be an actor if I make little mistakes.' kind of obssession. I think I am too rigid. To get rid of stress? I love to talk to friends and directors. haha, " said Kang. 

source
-----------------
[Review|영화리뷰] Kundo 군도
24 JULY, 2014 BY HANGUKDRAMA

I love watching movies in Korea and one of the main highlights of this trip is that I’ll get to watch 군도 (the first post-army production of Kang Dong Won) on its premiere date!!!!

To be honest I was kinda apprehensive as it is a saguek (movie) and I dunno how much I could understand without any form of subs. Luckily it turned out the past few years of no studying actually produced some kind of progress and I could easily follow the movie, undertanding 85% of the dialogue. I could watch in ease and not feel like Im watching a foreign language movie! YAY.

Ok review time.

First, the cinematography and visuals are stunning!!! >< Korea movie theatres have great screens to let the visuals shine too. To be honest, I expected the gritty and raw feel for a movie that deal with strife and poverty during the Joseon dynasty and if you look at the posters, it seemed like that will be the feel they are going for.

But no. Every scene was breathtakingly pretty and I loved it.

Interestingly, the movie is broken down into 5 chapters and there is also narration in some parts. Very refreshing concept (:

The highlight for me was Kang Dong Won (duhh), Ha Jung Woo and Ma Dong Seok!!! Kdw was stunning in every scene and every single movement was filled with grace and power. The fighting scenes were the best and kdw really nailed it down to the expressions in his eyes. <3

You can really tell that he put in a lot of effort in the role and that made me even more appreciative of the movie! Mad respect for him.

Ma Dong Seok was a scene stealer (as usual). He simply shines in movies.

If there was a flaw in the movie, I would picked the script. There was just something lacking and although the acting was memorable, the movie wasnt. It wasnt touching but there were moments where it could have been.

In that aspect, movies such as King and the Clown really shined.

Overall: 8.5/10

source

class="tit_article" style="margin: 20px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; clear: both;"

First poster and trailer for Dugeun Dugeun My Lifeby awcoconuts | July 24, 2014dugeun_1.jpg

I’m just on a Kang Dong-won roll, aren’t I? It’s so nice to have lots of updates to write on the actor; he’s come back from his four-year hiatus in a big way. The poster for his upcoming movie Dugeun Dugeun My Life (also known as My Palpitating Lifeor My Brilliant Life) has been released, and I love it so much.

Kang Dong-won (Kundo: Age of the Rampant) and co-star Song Hye-gyo (That Winter, The Wind Blows) look every bit the devoted parents — speaking of acting with the eyes, their eyes say so much! The hue of the print also says a lot, evoking the sense that the photographer captured a real and precious moment for the happy family, but also hinting that the loving instant is nothing but a memory in the present day.

The copy on the poster reads, “His face says he’s 80, but his heart is 16. Our child is the world’s most special.” As indicated, Kang and Song play a couple who become young parents when they have a son together at the age of seventeen. Their child is born with a rare genetic disorder, progeria, which causes rapid aging, and sixteen years later, his body’s equivalent age is 80.

From the trailer, I can already tell the film will be an emotional one, giving us tender family moments with some humor sprinkled in: The son narrates that his Dad is immature and clumsy, while Mom is beautiful but known for her formerly foul mouth.

The plot is not entirely innovative; if you take away the fantastical elements of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and The Odd Life of Timothy Green, the emphasis on the profound impact child and parents have upon each other, particularly when shared time is finite and parting is imminent, is similar. However, the story doesn’t have to be fresh, so long as the execution and acting are well done, and these teasers certainly give me that hope.

Dugeun Dugeun My Life is directed by Lee Jae-Young (Actresses) and will hit theaters in September around Chuseok — but I may have to wait until I can watch it in the privacy of my own home, as I have a feeling I’ll turn into a blubbering mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTk3sMwT2M

dugeun_6.jpg

dugeun_4.jpg

dugeun_9.jpg

dugeun_5.jpg

dugeun_8.jpg

dugeun_3.jpg

dugeun_7.jpg

Source TVReport  Via Dramabeans

• Like 1

Ahhhh he looks so gorgeous!!!
class="entry-title single-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; font-size: 50px; line-height: 60px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; background-image: url(http://64.19.142.13/couch-kimchi.com/wp-content/themes/simplemag/images/section-header.png); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 50%; background-repeat: repeat-x;"MORE OF KANG DONG WON IN SPAIN FOR HIGH CUT’S VOL. 13023.jpg
Click here for previously released spreads of Kang Dong Won from Vol. 130 of High Cut.

13df22.jpg
26ca94.jpg
26ca94.jpg
f14c6a.jpg
722c06.jpg
64c648.jpg
030bbc.jpg
06fdbe.jpg
9035af.jpg
bda962.jpg

6b4925.jpg
d1b932.jpg
6f6ec6.jpg
55a23b.jpg
4e9c65.jpg
ba8822.jpg
c05ea0.jpg

b00f1d.jpg

Source  |  High Cut Via COUCH KIMCHI

and gotta say, this is my fave pic, it is like he is channeling James Dean in a boy next door Hotness and leader-jacket appeal!!!77d128.jpg

• Like 1

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘Kundo’ draws 1m viewers in 48 hours“Kundo: Age of the Rampant” drew a record-high 1 million viewers in its first 48 hours, dwarfing its competitors at the box office.

In its first two days, “Kundo,” directed by Yoon Jong-bin and starring Ha Jung-woo and Gang Dong-won, replaced the former records by “Transformer: Dark of the Moon” (2011) starring Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and “Secretly, Greatly” (2013) starring Kim Soo-hyun. 
20140725000617_0.jpg
"Kundo" is set in mid-19th century Joseon, in the 13th year of King Cheoljong's reign. Dolmuchi, Played by Ha, Group organizes a resistance of fiefs and Bandits called "Kundo" and confronts the loyal Army of classist Jo Yoon, Played by Gang, to Bring to Justice and Freedom Society.
(Khnews@heraldcorp.com) | KOREAN HERALD | July 25 2014 

class="art_title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0px; font-weight: 300; font-family: arial, verdana, tahoma, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 28px; width: 526px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Summer Blockbusters Heat Up Box OfficeFour Korean blockbusters are expected to set up a box office war as many filmgoers try to beat the summer heat in cinemas.

"Kundo: Age of the Rampant" was released on Thursday, and "Battle of Myeongnyang" will be released on July 30, "The Pirates" on Aug. 6 and "Sea Fog" on Aug. 13.
2014072501242_0.jpg
Kundo," "Battle of Myeongnyang" and "The Pirates" all cost as much as W15 billion to produce, while "Sea Fog" had a slightly lower budget of some W10 billion. 

But it remains to be seen whether each of these films can draw enough viewers to make the break-even point. 

"Kundo" had fans' attention even before release due to the star power of Ha Jung-woo and Kang Dong-won. Interesting plot details will keep fans entertained, and it attracted 550,000 on its first day in theaters. But disappointingly, it lacks a solid clincher.

"Battle of Myeongnyang" focuses solely on the main character, whose story should be popular with middle-aged to senior citizens and parents with children. It is a serious affair for much of its 128-minute running time, including a realistic but drawn-out 61-minute battle scene. 

Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam-gil contribute almost nothing to "The Pirates," which seems to try to earn laughs from viewers from beginning to end. The film will only appeal to teenagers or others interested in a couple hours of fluffy entertainment.

"Sea Fog" has received relatively little attention, but it is drawing the spotlight recently as it has become known that director Bong Joon-ho of "Snowpiercer" was involved in its production. 

"It is a well-made movie. Park Yoo-chun’s debut performance has beat expectations," one film critic said. But the film is rated R, restricting its potential fan base.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 25, 2014 10:55 KST | CHOSUN ILBO

[Fan Cams] Kundo Cast Star Talk Live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pCRz_MBdKI&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-whttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWXgEs3zVc&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7XuEilZaYk&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV-MFs2cDrA&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGj-6Naokts&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L0xgrBY75c&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDlNCz04M7Y&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53XD4Dut8Cg&list=UU9hxtM50aZrT5bUsDM8go-wcredit  ilovejigi1011

Thanks for the translation @raito1310i'm eagerly waiting for his new movie,dugeun dugeun my life after Kundo. Arghhh the last photoshoot of him makes me breathless. This ahjussi really knows how to melt my heart :XSwoooon~