Blue Velvet (1986)

Guest VersusVillain

Guest VersusVillain

Written and Directed by David Lynch
lynchblue.jpg

Starring: Kyle MacLachlan, Isabella Rossellini, Laura Dern, and Dennis Hopper.

I jus wanted there to be a thread for this lovely film about a man who finds a severed human ear in his quiet suburban town, then starts an investigation only to unravel the disturbing secrets behind it. The atmosphere is very surreal and unsettling, which made it such a joy to watch. The central theme of uncovering ugliness and horror beneath small town America is one I've always enjoyed and found fascinating in film. :)

Guest HeffyEnd

Yeah BV was one of the many random older films I have on my Netflix queue.

I really liked it. I really want to quote Dennis Hopper in the film, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to on soompi. :)

Guest cavil.

I doubt many who watch it understand the film's message in their first watch without having someone tell you through their analysis.

But that's a good Lynch film.

Guest Iridescence

Ahh!! I really want to see this. I've been so lazy to rent movies lately. I never have time! I should set aside some time.

But I do love me some David Lynch. Eraserhead <3.

I hope that when I do rent this... my mom won't be around considering the fact that Dennis Hopper says the f word in almost every sentence he says. lol.

Archived