[drama 2006] Really Really Like You 진짜 진짜 좋아해

kiki

Hey Guys. I really adored this drama. I know it wasn't considered the greatest but I actually preferred it over Save The Last Dance.

I think it's because there are so many more characters to find endearing. Bong-Ki's dad, Bong-Soon's mum, and then you have the two sisters which they needed to encapsulate on. Oh wow, the head chef and the two guards. The President and his entire family. You can't really bring yourself to hate everyone just because of the pain they go through and the funnies as well.

I really wish that they could do a part two. I want to see if the guards hook up with the other girls. Meaning Bong-Soon's friend with the Robocop and the younger body guard with Bong-soon's sister. Plus I'd like more on the sisters finally connecting. They never really sealed the deal for me between Bong-Soon and the middle sister. They still left a bit of animosity there. Actually just the middle sister relating with everyone seemed a bit dry and nothing was really patched except between her and the mom.

I'd like to see more growth. Hence the reason I'd push for a second season just to clean everything up. I mean we see Bong-Bong marriage, we have possibly Joon-Won's wife totally better and being a bit more active. I did my own background check on Dementia, in some cases it is reversible. I'd like to see maybe the Director's kid back from the US.

I'd like to see a full resolution between Soo Kyung and everyone. So far I felt the closest and most realistic relationship she had was with Bong-Ki, they totally gave me brother sister and I adored them. Plus he was the one who spent a good deal of time to look out for her and she listened to him. I actually don't think she was acting interested in him because she was interested, she was doing because she probably wanted to p* off Bong-Soon.

In any event, I need a clean up of the story. It ended too quick. There was too much opening left for me. But overall it was great. If we're interested in seeing a part two, do we right letters to the entertainment group to let them know? I like the Lee Min Ki/Eugene pairing a lot. Great energy on screen.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i know i'm like, one of the last on the bandwagon but i'm really enjoying this drama, watched 24 eps in 2 days :sweatingbullets: and i have a question (dunno if it's been answered but it's not on the 1st page or on the ost page or on the pages when the ost 1st came out between eps 10-11 so...)

I really hope someone'll read this and tell me: what's the FOLK SONG EUGENE KEEPS SINGING? The one she sings when the president's wife sees her, the one the president's wife asks her to sing, the one she sings when bong-ki carries her down the mountain?

it's not the one given in the ost... the lyrics don't match. this one mentions tadpoles (i think - i heard gae gu ri) and asks why am i born (sounds like wae saeng gin na wae saeng gin na nae ga wae saeng gin na) - to be the apple of someone's eye?

it's a lovely song and it's stuck in my head - i'd like the download link but if that's not possible then the title/the lyrics that might help me find it/learn it would be so much appreciated. thanks so much!!

x-posted to the ost thread. is that allowed? if it's not i'll take one off.

thanks in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

pls msg me if you have an answer (it's ok if you don't) but i'd appreciate it!! thanks so much anyway in any case!!

Hi i know i'm like, one of the last on the bandwagon but i'm really enjoying this drama, watched 24 eps in 2 days :sweatingbullets: and i have a question (dunno if it's been answered but it's not on the 1st page or on the ost page or on the pages when the ost 1st came out between eps 10-11 so...)

I really hope someone'll read this and tell me: what's the FOLK SONG EUGENE KEEPS SINGING? The one she sings when the president's wife sees her, the one the president's wife asks her to sing, the one she sings when bong-ki carries her down the mountain?

it's not the one given in the ost... the lyrics don't match. this one mentions tadpoles (i think - i heard gae gu ri) and asks why am i born (sounds like wae saeng gin na wae saeng gin na nae ga wae saeng gin na) - to be the apple of someone's eye?

it's a lovely song and it's stuck in my head - i'd like the download link but if that's not possible then the title/the lyrics that might help me find it/learn it would be so much appreciated. thanks so much!!

x-posted to the ost thread. is that allowed? if it's not i'll take one off.

thanks in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

pls msg me if you have an answer (it's ok if you don't) but i'd appreciate it!! thanks so much anyway in any case!!

I decided to reply on the thread not only to awaken it but also because it brings up an interesting perspective that me and my sister came up with while watching IRRLY.

But first let me list what information I got and where from. I did a search on the net on "Arirang" since that was the word I remember most from the folk song, by the way it was mentioned in the show that it's a folk song of Korea. Anyway I found the information below:

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displ...amp;aid=1264852

11 정선아리랑 -유진,이용이 - Jeongseon Arirang - Eugene & Lee Yong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arirang ---the wiki information was found on page 84 of this thread. You can also download the song from page 84. Poster Ay_Link gave the wiki link and poster Tanya66 posted the ost links for download, the lyrics, and the list of songs.

One of the posters I think I felt did marganilize the importance of the song to the show and as such missed a vital and extremely significant part of the drama. It was a nationalistic drama.

The song itself has a nationalistic origin and was to bring inspiration to Koreans in the face of Japanese persecution. In the show that was mentioned, said, and based on the theme a central part.

Bong-Soon sung the song throughout the drama. The drama was focused around the President of Korea's family and guards. Plus the end of the show where we see the guard display was a perfect example of the governmental presence. Then there was the whole Japanese expats tasters and that entire incident which was definitely to make people sympathetic to the Koreans and find the Japanese crass, ignorant and rude. It was interesting how the entire drama was done and it was interesting to see the politicos not only in the song but also played out in the governmental praise.

I decided to reply on the thread not only to awaken it but also because it brings up an interesting perspective that me and my sister came up with while watching IRRLY.

But first let me list what information I got and where from. I did a search on the net on "Arirang" since that was the word I remember most from the folk song, by the way it was mentioned in the show that it's a folk song of Korea. Anyway I found the information below:

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displ...amp;aid=1264852

11 정선아리랑 -유진,이용이 - Jeongseon Arirang - Eugene & Lee Yong

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arirang ---the wiki information was found on page 84 of this thread. You can also download the song from page 84. Poster Ay_Link gave the wiki link and poster Tanya66 posted the ost links for download, the lyrics, and the list of songs.

One of the posters I think I felt did marganilize the importance of the song to the show and as such missed a vital and extremely significant part of the drama. It was a nationalistic drama.

The song itself has a nationalistic origin and was to bring inspiration to Koreans in the face of Japanese persecution. In the show that was mentioned, said, and based on the theme a central part.

Bong-Soon sung the song throughout the drama. The drama was focused around the President of Korea's family and guards. Plus the end of the show where we see the guard display was a perfect example of the governmental presence. Then there was the whole Japanese expats tasters and that entire incident which was definitely to make people sympathetic to the Koreans and find the Japanese crass, ignorant and rude. It was interesting how the entire drama was done and it was interesting to see the politicos not only in the song but also played out in the governmental praise.

hi dear thanks very much for your reply but the version in the ost, i don't think it's the one i'm looking for. it has different words to the one she was singing about when thinking about her crush on the doctor - maybe it's a different verse? also i must admit there's something more plaintive about these versions bong-soon sang herself.

yeah i noticed the patriotism in this drama. i thought the scenes with the japanese maaaaay have been a bit unfair/unsympathetic? their point seemed to be, japan and korea are both proud of their countries and achievement, but korea can be subtler and classier about it.

but the part near the end, bong-ki's demonstration of the extent the presidential bodyguards would have to go to to protect their leader, was pretty scary but the way it was done made me feel v.v.proud of him. (also made me feel like it's time to take up taekwondo again but that's another issue) I mean although he's not the best the most skilled bodyguard around, or even the most dedicated at the beginning, i like the way after he got posted to the family personal guards team he took mr lee's words to heart and protected not only their lives but their emotions, their interest, giving his all for them. It made me think, no matter what he does, i like a guy who's good at what he does and can be proud of it ^^

EDIT: Found it!!

http://www.newtrip.co.kr/thema/jeongsun-arirang.htm

as you can see there are many versions (for different occasions/with different themes eg lovers, mother-daughter, leaving etc), the closest to the one on the ost seems to be

처세편

매여주게 매여주게 김 매여주게

오늘날 못다 매는 김 다 매여주게

살개바우 노랑 차조밭 어느누가 매겠나

비오고 날개는 날이면 단둘이 매려갑시다

〈후렴〉

아리랑 아리랑 아라리요

아리랑 고개고개로 나를 넘겨주게

and the one i was looking for is the love version

애정편

아우라지 뱃사공아 배좀 건너주게

싸리골 올동박이 다 떨어진다

떨어진 동박은 낙엽에나 쌓이지

사시장철 임그리워서 나는 못살겠네

개구리란 놈이 뛰는 것은 멀리가자는 뜻이요

이내 몸이 웃는 뜻은 정들자는 뜻일세

왜 생겼나 왜 생겼나 네가 왜 생겼나

남의 눈에 꽃이 되도록 네가 왜 생겼나

〈후렴〉

아리랑 아리랑 아라리요

아리랑 고개고개로 나를 넘겨주게

Guest kfan1390

where can you watch this?

In the US, it has just started airing on AZN (cable channel) under the alternate title "Love Truly". It might also be on some local channels as well.

Also I found a few segments of the show posted under the "Love Truly" name on YouTube as well. I don't know if these are full episodes, but you can get a taste of the show. You might need to connect via a proxy from some countries to view the segments.

Now, if I can just find a recording of Yoo Jin's version of Arirang. Totally different variation from any I've heard before (maybe why the President's wife didn't recognize it despite the song's fame?), and Yoo Jin's performance is haunting!

Most other versions are either over-produced for my taste or just, well, quite different...for example Arirang is used as a marching song by the 7th Army. Kind of hard to put Bong-Soon's lyrics in the same category as "I am a bayonet, put your trust in me...", however!

Really, Really Like This Drama!

-kfan1390

Guest youngmageee

FYI there is an on going shooting of drama with pair Minki and Eugene again " Like the feeling of not knowing" (dont know if this is the official title of the drama)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lipstikstain

I'm gonna be honest: this drama caught my attention because of the charming and funny Lee Min Ki.

I ADORED him in Spring of Dalja and decided to look up what else he'd done and found out that he did this drama (I Really, Really Like You/Love Truly).

Of course in the beginning his character was unbearably self centered but I love the maturity he gradually inherits simply because of his feelings for Bong-Soon.

Anyway, glad that I got the chance to watch this drama and I'm definitely going to watch the movie that Lee Min Ki and Eugene are filming right now.

Guest cybername

WOW! It's just getting down right depressing. Really, Really Like You is yet another totally unaccessible Korean drama. After all this time there are still no sources on the net to download or watch this drama. And there is no dvd release of it either. It would seem that at some point the distribution and accessibility of Korean dramas would improve. I don't get it. There are so many fans of Korean dramas around the world and yet finding a means to see dramas gets more difficult all the time. It's time for aggressive marketing and for someone to form a company that wants to distribute dramas. Korean dramas could be very successful but the fact that so many dramas like this one just are not available, even after all this time, makes it hard to understand. Oh dear. It seems my debut at this forum is sounding like sour grapes. Sorry. Can't help it. I'm just trying to understand why there is such a lack of accessibility. And with the US-KOR FTA, the Korean film and television industry will take a big hit. It makes sense to start distributing these dramas. It would help the industry greatly.

Guest lipstikstain

WOW! It's just getting down right depressing. Really, Really Like You is yet another totally unaccessible Korean drama. After all this time there are still no sources on the net to download or watch this drama. And there is no dvd release of it either. It would seem that at some point the distribution and accessibility of Korean dramas would improve. I don't get it. There are so many fans of Korean dramas around the world and yet finding a means to see dramas gets more difficult all the time. It's time for aggressive marketing and for someone to form a company that wants to distribute dramas. Korean dramas could be very successful but the fact that so many dramas like this one just are not available, even after all this time, makes it hard to understand. Oh dear. It seems my debut at this forum is sounding like sour grapes. Sorry. Can't help it. I'm just trying to understand why there is such a lack of accessibility. And with the US-KOR FTA, the Korean film and television industry will take a big hit. It makes sense to start distributing these dramas. It would help the industry greatly.

There is actually a DVD release of it.

If you got to YesAsia.com or DVDAsian.com and just look for I Really Really Like You or Love Truly it should show up in the results. It's the English Release so that means the subtitles are going to be better than average.

The bad thing(s):

1) It's not its original widescreen format - so that's a bummer.

2) It's $70 plus - grrr.

In the US, it has just started airing on AZN (cable channel) under the alternate title "Love Truly". It might also be on some local channels as well.

Also I found a few segments of the show posted under the "Love Truly" name on YouTube as well. I don't know if these are full episodes, but you can get a taste of the show. You might need to connect via a proxy from some countries to view the segments.

Now, if I can just find a recording of Yoo Jin's version of Arirang. Totally different variation from any I've heard before (maybe why the President's wife didn't recognize it despite the song's fame?), and Yoo Jin's performance is haunting!

Most other versions are either over-produced for my taste or just, well, quite different...for example Arirang is used as a marching song by the 7th Army. Kind of hard to put Bong-Soon's lyrics in the same category as "I am a bayonet, put your trust in me...", however!

Really, Really Like This Drama!

-kfan1390

I was flipping the channel the other night and I came upon it playing on AZN... I want to download this and watch on but I notice that the sub-titles are not complete... and so I already miss the beginning and I don't even know what day or time it comes on on AZN.

but the drama is interesting... I enjoy watching the little eps that came on AZN that day.

Guest cybername

Well it looks like it's true that there is a version of it at DVDAsian.com. I still don't find anything at Yesasia.com. But Yesasia.com is a difficult site. I can search and find differing results for things there every time I visit. Their search box never seems to work. I usually find things at Yesasia by accident. I wish it was easier to navigate and I wish it was organized is some way. But thanks. That's a tip that tells me there is some version of the drama in existence at least.

Guest may ann

hey guys!!! watch I really really like you in QTV 11!!! for those who are here in philippines!! we can watch it again!!! hahaa

every saturday and sunday 1pm!! oke buddy?? thank you buddy!!! haha i really like that expression!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest 143 minwoo 012

haha i haven't started watching this but my mom put me on a task

her friend told her that she was in the middle of watching this but for some reason she missed a few episodes? or something...i was wondering do you know where to watch these online..i mean i check youtube, veoh, etc....but those places don't carry like ep. 23 onwards...well veoh does but you gotta pay 2 bucks to watch it...

are there any places where you could watch for free?

Guest john_anderton

i'm new on this thread.. i just started watching this and little did i know i already finished 25 episodes!! i become very addicted.. can't wait bongki admitting his feelings for bongsoon.. i should've seen this series earlier.. :lol:

Archived