K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest xdementiax

from July 8-July 14, you can get each volume of Be Strong, Geum-soon! for $34.95 ($109.95 for the entire set) @ Scarecrow.com

This is HUMONGOUS savings (close to 60% off of Yesasia's price for the entire set)!!!

I wish I had waited. I bought the entire set just 2 months ago at the regular price. :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kazenai

Thanks, kazenai and Qi Luo.

May I know what is "QQ" label?

I don't really know, I believe it's the company's name/label, becaus other than that there is nothing about the publishing of the dvd except a warning about broken seal. I guess due to bootlegging they only put there logo on it and no info or whatsoever. What's hilarious is that they actually put MBC, SBS, KBS 's logo on it, making people believe that these are official dvds.

I don't really know, I believe it's the company's name/label, becaus other than that there is nothing about the publishing of the dvd except a warning about broken seal. I guess due to bootlegging they only put there logo on it and no info or whatsoever. What's hilarious is that they actually put MBC, SBS, KBS 's logo on it, making people believe that these are official dvds.

Thanks, kazenai

Guest Ochibi

i asked TOM if he can consider Family Honor-a 54 epis weekend drama..i would love to have a dvd set with english subs..i think it will a be a good idea to take projects that are hard to find subtitles..especially the ones that are not being sub online..

I would LOVE to get my hands on a Family's Honor DVD boxset! :sweatingbullets: It's such an awesome drama that it's a shame there are no softsubs or DVD version out there for those who'd like to have a copy that they can rewatch. It'll be expensive even if they do make it, since it's fairly long, but I think it's worth it.

Guest shred

rw3z0j.jpg

I Was Just Watching You Box Set (6 Discs)

Language: Korean

Subtitles: English Korean

Screen Format: 16:9 Wide Screen NTSC

Sound Format: Dolby Digital 2.0

Regional Code: 3

Running Time: 585 minutes

Release Date: 08/11/2009

Released By: KBS Media

source: k2dvd

Guest Qi Luo

Thanks, kazenai and Qi Luo.

May I know what is "QQ" label?

YEah... and the people that sells the bootlegs always say "it's the version released by 'KBS'/'MBC'/'SBS' there's a logo on the boxset" :/ .

The QQ you mean is this?:

sujungfront.jpg

^this is the scan of the cover and side of the bootleg of 'Get Karl! Oh So jung'

Does anyone knows the email of tom, the guy of YA Entertainment?

Guest kazenai

YEah... and the people that sells the bootlegs always say "it's the version released by 'KBS'/'MBC'/'SBS' there's a logo on the boxset" :/ .

The QQ you mean is this?:

[url="http://img111.imageshack.us/i/sujungfront.jpg/"][img=http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8607/sujungfront.jpg][/url]

^this is the scan of the cover and side of the bootleg of 'Get Karl! Oh So jung'

Does anyone knows the email of tom, the guy of YA Entertainment?

Yes, that's the company's label !

I can't remember his email... but he's usually teh one who replies the email for the YA Ent. contact messages...

Guest Qi Luo

I used the form from YA Entertainment website and got no reply. I don't know if my email went or not... I don't trust those contact forms a lot... there's so many bugs...

Guest bshater1

I used the form from YA Entertainment website and got no reply. I don't know if my email went or not... I don't trust those contact forms a lot... there's so many bugs...

same here. i never got a reply to any of the emails that i sent to them. :angry: i even tried switching email accounts to email them, but no luck at all.

Guest kazenai

They are more likely not going reply to request emails since a lot of people have been requesting major titles. They are also busy with there contest on . If you wish to make them REALLY notice you.....sign up on twitter and use "reply" to them (ie. @YAEntertainmnent)

I would LOVE to get my hands on a Family's Honor DVD boxset! :sweatingbullets: It's such an awesome drama that it's a shame there are no softsubs or DVD version out there for those who'd like to have a copy that they can rewatch. It'll be expensive even if they do make it, since it's fairly long, but I think it's worth it.

GREAT NEWS..hanbooks is selling the dvd set...gawd it will be about $200+ for shipping and tax..i want to get my hands on it..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Qi Luo

does anyone knows an online store that has the same discounts of yesasia (the 29 dollars boxsets) and that sell worldwide? Because I tried to buy a few days ago and they said those boxsets are only available for people who is buying from US.

Just received YAE's Aug 2009 Insider email, and it looks like BOF DVD set is gonna be split into 2 DVD sets. It's going to be one pricey set (may be even more expensive than the Region 3 one) if we look what they did to the DVD set for Goumet.

Guest Qi Luo

When i noticed what YAE did with 'Gourmet', I thought it most likely that they would do the same thing with BOF so I decided to buy the region 3 korean boxset of BOF instead of waiting for the YAE version.

Now that it's confirmed that they'll do that, I'm glad I already bought the korean/region 3 version before it became out-of-print.

YAE will probably sell each part of the boxset the same price of part 1 & part 2 of 'Gourmet's boxsets and if you compare the price of

YAE's 'Gourmet' boxset 1 + boxset 2

---------------------------vs.

Region 3/Korean boxset of 'Gourmet'

It's cheaper to buy the region 3/korean version than buying the YAE version that was split in 2 parts.

Series with 20-25 episodes they should release in one boxset. :/

Ah! those that enjoy watching taiwanese dramas. the official taiwanese box set of the drama 'Black & White' starring Vic Zhou & Mark Chao will come with eng subtitles!

Normally you only find eng subbed taiwanese dramas boxsets released by malaysian companies like PMP entertainment and Speedy.

It's the first time I see the official taiwanese boxset released with eng subs! :) I hope they do this more often.

Guest aquala

When i noticed what YAE did with 'Gourmet', I thought it most likely that they would do the same thing with BOF so I decided to buy the region 3 korean boxset of BOF instead of waiting for the YAE version.

Now that it's confirmed that they'll do that, I'm glad I already bought the korean/region 3 version before it became out-of-print.

YAE will probably sell each part of the boxset the same price of part 1 & part 2 of 'Gourmet's boxsets and if you compare the price of

YAE's 'Gourmet' boxset 1 + boxset 2

---------------------------vs.

Region 3/Korean boxset of 'Gourmet'

It's cheaper to buy the region 3/korean version than buying the YAE version that was split in 2 parts.

Series with 20-25 episodes they should release in one boxset. :/

Yea, I was kind of peeved when YA decided to split Gourmet into 2 box sets. It's more expensive and wastes more material right (enviromentally not good). I e-mailed them at the time asking why they wouldn't just release it as one set, and Tom Larsen actually replied back saying that they were releasing it as separate sets because the production company had only given them the first half of the episodes at first, so they went ahead subbing that and decided to release that ahead before they were done with the rest of the episodes. He said they didn't want to wait around with the finished episodes and went ahead to release it....maybe they wanted to get people to start buying the series while it's still popular. Tom then went onto mention that there's a possibility Gourmet may be released as one boxset in Nov 2009, but I highly doubt it. The same thing is probably happening for Boys Over Flowers.

Archived