K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

I haven't seen any MBC America Version in Ontario yet. The ones I saw were bootlegged copies <_< in Asian malls.

it's around 80$ (79.99$) online but in the asian mall it is 60 (canada)

It has the special episode broken down ( I am not sure if that specific episode is included) But you get the BTS stuff making of...etc there's no special edition of anything

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GenDaVinci

google your DVD player model and add "region-free code" to your search. Most DVD players allow you to change the region of your player by the remote control.

For those in search for a new DVD player that can play region 3 DVD drama, I highly recommend for you to confirm that the DVD player you are planning to buy is hackable to change the region code. Feel free to send me a message if you need help.

watch the Region codes.. that Boys Before Flowers is not playable in N. America so even though it has english subs it won't do me any good.

This is a beautiful set. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives.

madmad has updated their page for Boys Over Flowers. According to madmad, the set is 9 discs and will contain E-subs.

dvd0537405.jpg

the madmad photo shows what the boxset will contain.

Guest shred

my BOF DVDs came today. i only checked the last episode but so far the subs are good - similar to WITHS2's, IMO.

i made a dvd picspam here. please excuse the awful shots :sweatingbullets:

Guest GenDaVinci

Here are pictures of the Worlds Within DVD boxset from KBS Korea with English subtitle.

picture015b.th.jpg picture013b.th.jpg

picture007bi.th.jpg picture009b.th.jpg

Beautiful DVD set! It reminds me of FullHouse digipak DVD set with all the coloring...

my BOF DVDs came today. i only checked the last episode but so far the subs are good - similar to WITHS2's, IMO.

i made a dvd picspam here. please excuse the awful shots :sweatingbullets:

Guest kazenai

I haven't seen any MBC America Version in Ontario yet. The ones I saw were bootlegged copies <_< in Asian malls.

If you are talking about Pacific mall, one of the stores has the MBC version (I know the rest has the HK/TW versions) May be it's out of stock temporarily?

will BOF comeout w/ region 1 copies? i normally buy my dvds from yesasia.com and they have not release BOF in region 1 for the peepz in u.s..but if you go to their global site which they do not ship to u.s they have it but i believe it is like for region 3. if they do not release region1 i might just get region 3...anyone know what site is good to order from for BOF set w/ eng subs?

Can you tell me which store has the MBC version? Thanks.

If you are talking about Pacific mall, one of the stores has the MBC version (I know the rest has the HK/TW versions) May be it's out of stock temporarily?

Guest kbsamerica

Try MBC America website. They got limited series like East of Eden, Beethoven Virus and older series from YA Entertainment. For the new series, DVDAsian might carry the overseas version from Korea.

will BOF comeout w/ region 1 copies? i normally buy my dvds from yesasia.com and they have not release BOF in region 1 for the peepz in u.s..but if you go to their global site which they do not ship to u.s they have it but i believe it is like for region 3. if they do not release region1 i might just get region 3...anyone know what site is good to order from for BOF set w/ eng subs?

No, email YA Entertainment and hopefully they will print in out DVD.

I am looking for the Eng Sub version. The station ruin the picture on a few episodes when it change the picture color to yellow.

Guest kazenai

Can you tell me which store has the MBC version? Thanks.

I don't exactly know which store it issince I don't go there each month, more like once a season (especially of EoE dvd) but it's in a dvd store at the end facing the gigantic window panels.

I'll ask my friend which one it is tomorrow.

Kazenai,

Thanks. Let me know if you find out. I wonder if it is Broadcast Station because it is the only store that carry legitimate CDs and DVDs.

I don't exactly know which store it issince I don't go there each month, more like once a season (especially of EoE dvd) but it's in a dvd store at the end facing the gigantic window panels.

I'll ask my friend which one it is tomorrow.

Guest toomuchsmiling

^ Wow that's such a beautiful set!

-_- See my problem is I don't know whether I should get this version,

but I want the one that has Region 1 u know?

It will probably come out but I'm wondering WHEN? i

really want this. i loved the drama,

and i told my friend about it and she wants to see it too. that's part of the reason also. so my

friend can watch it on her tv no problem since it would be region 1. <_<

Guest SE7ENsyuhja

Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile, but here are some pictures of the East of Eden DVD boxset from MBC America.

I just received my East of Eden DVD boxset from MBC America.

I’m a little disappointed due to each dvd (9 total) I played in my cd player makes this rattle ling noise. This has never happened to any of my other dvd that I ever purchased before, and I have a lot of dvd kdramas. Do you think the dvd is defected? Because I would put the EOE dvd in my cd player (which makes the noise) then I put in my latest purchased dvd kdrama (Grand Chef – purchased from Yesasia) and it’s fine, no rattle ling noise. The EOE dvd makes noise but the drama picture is clear and plays all the way through. I’m just afraid it will ruin my cd player. Has anyone had the same experience?

Guest kazenai

Kazenai,

Thanks. Let me know if you find out. I wonder if it is Broadcast Station because it is the only store that carry legitimate CDs and DVDs.

that's the one from what I was told... , apparently they removed one of the remaining copies for some reason (?) my friend went to buy his copy yesterday and they said they removed it since a request was brought up

I just received my East of Eden DVD boxset from MBC America.

I’m a little disappointed due to each dvd (9 total) I played in my cd player makes this rattle ling noise. This has never happened to any of my other dvd that I ever purchased before, and I have a lot of dvd kdramas. Do you think the dvd is defected? Because I would put the EOE dvd in my cd player (which makes the noise) then I put in my latest purchased dvd kdrama (Grand Chef – purchased from Yesasia) and it’s fine, no rattle ling noise. The EOE dvd makes noise but the drama picture is clear and plays all the way through. I’m just afraid it will ruin my cd player. Has anyone had the same experience?

ouch....my copy isn't doing any of that, I think may be it depends on your dvd player (?) I have a sound system which auto controls any noise, so I can't notice it ... but you should talk to the mbcdvd customer service maybe you'll get a new copy :o

-----------------------------------------------------

On a side note,

Temptation of Wife (HK QQ version) just came out , and has english subs (of course the lowest quality)

it spans on 13 dvds, therefore from my calculation it has 9-10 episodes each (129 eps)

That's all we can do for now (for any buyers)and it seems to be the only release for this title for this year .

Kazenai,

Thanks for the update. I am surprised that we actually saw a legitimate copy in the mall. Anyway, next time I am in the area, I will check and see if I have any luck.

Maybe they can take orders.

Thanks.

that's the one from what I was told... , apparently they removed one of the remaining copies for some reason (?) my friend went to buy his copy yesterday and they said they removed it since a request was brought up

Here are pictures of Boys Over Flowers DVD boxset from KBS Media Korea.

thanks for the pixs. i've visited your website. wow. you have quite a collection of kdrama and movies. mine pales in comparison to yours. hehe. i hope to build an impressive collection just like yours one day. some of the dvd's i want are out of print. does anyone know of a website where oop dvd's can be bought besides ebay.

Guest GenDaVinci

Thanks for the compliment! I love asian cinemas...even though I don't have much time to watch them these days :)

for the Out Of Print DVDs, you should check out the first page of this thread for the listing of recommended online stores. Also, if you provide a listing of your wanted OOP DVDs, then I'm sure a lot of members on here will be able to help you locate them. Personally, I think you can find better deal on eBay than the online stores...just make sure you are buying the official release.

thanks for the pixs. i've visited your website. wow. you have quite a collection of kdrama and movies. mine pales in comparison to yours. hehe. i hope to build an impressive collection just like yours one day. some of the dvd's i want are out of print. does anyone know of a website where oop dvd's can be bought besides ebay.

Guest xdementiax

hmm. has anyone tried buying from scarecrow, if so how's there's service. Also has anyone bought the be strong geum-soon, either from scarecrow or yesasia. I'm interested in getting the 4 volumes in one. How's the packaging and quality. Thanks! :D

Guest GenDaVinci

I bought from scarecrow once before. They sent the package within a day or two without any issues. As for yesasia, they are highly trustworthy as they are probably the biggest asian online retailer out there.

hmm. has anyone tried buying from scarecrow, if so how's there's service. Also has anyone bought the be strong geum-soon, either from scarecrow or yesasia. I'm interested in getting the 4 volumes in one. How's the packaging and quality. Thanks! :D

Archived